Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 26, 2012 2:22 AM

Jan 2010
CCCrazyFangirl said:
Yozora is the reason I didn't drop this anime. I just love manipulative and evil girls! And she being an antisocial is a plus too. I always like deep or soft voice than a high pitched or noisy one like Sena/Maria.

I slightly dislike Sena. She is too spoiled and crybaby for my taste and her fanservice is disturbing.

I want a Kodaka/Yozora ending. BADLY.

This is my personal opinion though.

Good God, you summarized my thoughts. Yozora is my favorite character in the series. She's dark, sadistic, manipulative, and has a deep amazing voice. I can't stand Sena because of her crybaby personality and her selfishness. I can't even feel bad for her when she is getting picked on because her fanservice is over the top.

Wanting a Kodaka and Yozora ending too :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2012 5:28 PM

Jan 2012
I don't mind her, except how she's a total bitch sometimes, but I don't dislike her or like her.
Sep 26, 2012 9:56 PM

Mar 2012
To be completely honest, i found her funny

SPOILER!

the fact that for 10 episodes straight she was more of a supporting character than a main character, really i dont know why the story is supposed to be around her and kodaka being childhood friends, the series spent too much time focusing on sena and kodaka....imo the anime shouldnt have had a story, the comedy alone made this anime awesome...but with 2nd season coming around in january, maybe it'll fix the failure of a story this season caused

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 25, 2013 12:14 AM
Oct 2012
She is an evil, manipulative bitch. I didn't quite think it was as dark as the quote below, but a lot of it rings true. What the hell kind of nickname is "meat' anyway? Kind of something a killer would use, no? (Not that she will be one, but it is disturbing).

mironicus said:
Is Yozora an unlikable character? Well, just let’s summarize what she has done:

The neighbor club is a kind of “cage” where Yozora can look over Kodaka. At the beginning she just wanted a room for him and herself so they can spend some time together and she hoped that he will remember that she is Sora.

She fooled him that the intention of the club was to make friends. Yes, of course it was her own intention to become friends with him again, and only with him. She never thought about his own intention and feelings, she never cared about it from the beginning and even at the latest volume of the light novel she does not consider what he might think – she only thinks about herself.

She actually hinders him to find friends on his own as long as he remains in the club and under her supervision. She shoos away any other member that comes to close to him. She doesn’t want him to have other friends besides her – like in the old days as Taka and Sora where they only had themselves.

Kodaka improves his relationships mainly outside of the club where Yozora is out of range, like visiting Sena’s dad or the swimming lessons with her and some other events where Kodaka meets some people and where Yozora is NOT involved. Within the club there is no progress at all – between him and Yozora - much to her anger.

At the pool Kodaka was able to protect Sena against three guys and he cared for her and he also scolded her. There he was strong. Within the club however Kodaka seems rather weak if Yozora is around. He watches more or less passively how Yozora bullies the other members, mainly Sena and Maria. Yozora does not bully Kobato because she is Kodaka’s sister. Normally Yozora bullies anyone who is weaker than her. Her negative attitude and behavior has a bad influence on the others.

Yozora seems to enjoy it if everything is under her control – she controls/fools Sena, Yukimura, Maria and Kodaka. Only Rika is out of her control.

Kodaka and Yozora had their friendship in the past, but now Yozora is not even interested in Kodaka's present self, she only talks about the past friendship, her own problems and some sad memories. Seriously, Kodaka don't even open up to her and Yozora herself is running away from reality (the present matters more than the past). She just sticks to those memories, and she hates all normal people that are luckier than her. She already has given up herself.

Kodaka wants to be a "normal" and don't want to be a loner forever like Yozora. And that's exactly what Yozora wants. Both should be always together. She does not care about his feelings. If they stay together, Yozora will be happy, but Kodaka will be very unlucky, because that would mean that he also has given up on his dream to have a fulfilled life.

Yozora is the biggest obstacle for Kodaka to have a fulfilled life, because as long as she clings to the past he always will feel guilty that he left her alone ten years ago.

Kodaka is the only one who can stop Yozora from going too far, but he does not do it very often (once he stopped Yozora from teasing Maria). Someone has to show Yozora her limits but that will likely not be Kodaka himself because I assume he is afraid of her. Rika could do it, I guess.

Kodaka and Sena REALLY want friends, so they try to endure dealing with Yozora.

Yozora is frustrated and pitying herself why she is so unlucky. She is not able to recognize that she is responsible for her own luck. Everything bad she does backfires after some time. Even that does not help her to realize things. I guess we are just running into a climax where Yozora will just break down at the end.

So, is Yozora an unlikable character? She wants anyone to feel like her (and mainly wants Kodaka to stay as an outcast on her side) - just think about if she would be able to break Sena's cheerful personality (like her creepy behaviour in Vol. 4 showing she is really suffering) and those bullied by her also starts to hate people like she does.

Yozora is dangerous for society! It's better to leave her alone and she should just remain with her air friends and continue to dream about friendship where she has full control over others and where everything turns out in her favour.

Feb 25, 2013 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
Ravid25 said:
She is an evil, manipulative bitch. I didn't quite think it was as dark as the quote below, but a lot of it rings true. What the hell kind of nickname is "meat' anyway? Kind of something a killer would use, no? (Not that she will be one, but it is disturbing).

mironicus said:
Is Yozora an unlikable character? Well, just let’s summarize what she has done:

The neighbor club is a kind of “cage” where Yozora can look over Kodaka. At the beginning she just wanted a room for him and herself so they can spend some time together and she hoped that he will remember that she is Sora.

She fooled him that the intention of the club was to make friends. Yes, of course it was her own intention to become friends with him again, and only with him. She never thought about his own intention and feelings, she never cared about it from the beginning and even at the latest volume of the light novel she does not consider what he might think – she only thinks about herself.

She actually hinders him to find friends on his own as long as he remains in the club and under her supervision. She shoos away any other member that comes to close to him. She doesn’t want him to have other friends besides her – like in the old days as Taka and Sora where they only had themselves.

Kodaka improves his relationships mainly outside of the club where Yozora is out of range, like visiting Sena’s dad or the swimming lessons with her and some other events where Kodaka meets some people and where Yozora is NOT involved. Within the club there is no progress at all – between him and Yozora - much to her anger.

At the pool Kodaka was able to protect Sena against three guys and he cared for her and he also scolded her. There he was strong. Within the club however Kodaka seems rather weak if Yozora is around. He watches more or less passively how Yozora bullies the other members, mainly Sena and Maria. Yozora does not bully Kobato because she is Kodaka’s sister. Normally Yozora bullies anyone who is weaker than her. Her negative attitude and behavior has a bad influence on the others.

Yozora seems to enjoy it if everything is under her control – she controls/fools Sena, Yukimura, Maria and Kodaka. Only Rika is out of her control.

Kodaka and Yozora had their friendship in the past, but now Yozora is not even interested in Kodaka's present self, she only talks about the past friendship, her own problems and some sad memories. Seriously, Kodaka don't even open up to her and Yozora herself is running away from reality (the present matters more than the past). She just sticks to those memories, and she hates all normal people that are luckier than her. She already has given up herself.

Kodaka wants to be a "normal" and don't want to be a loner forever like Yozora. And that's exactly what Yozora wants. Both should be always together. She does not care about his feelings. If they stay together, Yozora will be happy, but Kodaka will be very unlucky, because that would mean that he also has given up on his dream to have a fulfilled life.

Yozora is the biggest obstacle for Kodaka to have a fulfilled life, because as long as she clings to the past he always will feel guilty that he left her alone ten years ago.

Kodaka is the only one who can stop Yozora from going too far, but he does not do it very often (once he stopped Yozora from teasing Maria). Someone has to show Yozora her limits but that will likely not be Kodaka himself because I assume he is afraid of her. Rika could do it, I guess.

Kodaka and Sena REALLY want friends, so they try to endure dealing with Yozora.

Yozora is frustrated and pitying herself why she is so unlucky. She is not able to recognize that she is responsible for her own luck. Everything bad she does backfires after some time. Even that does not help her to realize things. I guess we are just running into a climax where Yozora will just break down at the end.

So, is Yozora an unlikable character? She wants anyone to feel like her (and mainly wants Kodaka to stay as an outcast on her side) - just think about if she would be able to break Sena's cheerful personality (like her creepy behaviour in Vol. 4 showing she is really suffering) and those bullied by her also starts to hate people like she does.

Yozora is dangerous for society! It's better to leave her alone and she should just remain with her air friends and continue to dream about friendship where she has full control over others and where everything turns out in her favour.

Meat as in her breasts, sheesh
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 10, 2013 8:57 PM

Mar 2012
Tbh I had Yozora figured out from the beginning, especially with the whole childhood friend back story...however what bothered me was how she not only decided to keep him in the dark about it for SO long, she finally confesses and uses the weak excuse of 'i was too embarrassed', basically robbing him of his best friend when he was a kid, and then she proceeds to belittle him and sometimes insult him for no reason throughout the series. On top of that, I agree with everyone else: insulting and hitting Sena constantly, and that whole rape stuff was so dark, yet she'd get Sena to apologize (like in the OVA, that pissed me off), she'd be a downer for no reason when really she wants to do stuff just like Sena does. See, I don't think Sena's perfect, but at least her emotions are simple to read and she tries; she obviously likes Kodoka and her heart is in the right place, so for Yozora to constantly be hitting her and calling her meat, it's funny for a while especially when Sena deserves it, but eventually all it becomes is a girl verbally abusing another girl, and it stopped being funny when Sena doesn't fight back. I don't hate Yozora, and I definitely wanted to like her, but it seems that for every bit of development she gains all she does is shit on people and take the moral high ground, it really began to bother me. Also, when you're the only girl treating the main guyl character like crap in a comedy anime where everyone gets to both joke and be the butt of jokes, you just stick out like a overly serious sore thumb.
JusticeSoulTunaSep 10, 2013 9:32 PM
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Sep 10, 2013 9:16 PM

Mar 2012
The thing about Sena is that while she seems like a shallow and conceited girl on the surface, she's actually got a vibrant and hilarious personality. She's not afraid to admit that she's wrong and funny stuff always happens with her. She developed quite a bit during the first season and it makes a lot of sense for Kodoka and her to get closer. So the constant name calling from Yozora and scenes like the beach one where Yozora said a plethora of horrible things to her and the OVA ep where Yozora depicted her getting raped in the story and acted like Sena's comeback was worse; all of that REALLY bothered me.
Whilst Yozora's teasing can be hilarious, i feel like she's also a bit immune to the comedy also.
Sena is the seemingly stuck up rich girl who has a strong affinity for visual novel games and is actually quite innocent. Rika is the typical fujoshi/hentai lover and always gets reprimanded for it. Kobato and Maria are both quirky, cute and funny and both their interactions make for some funny silly fights. Yukimura is your standard trap that has that weird samurai code thing and is alot of fujoshi bait for Rika. And of course Kodoka is the centre of attention and jokes most of the time. Essentially, every character manages to both be in on and joke and be the butt of a joke, so when you have a character like Yozora just shitting on people or ruining the mood, it becomes annoying. It's funny when her rivalry heats up, but her whole morally superior bullying attitude becomes absurd. Within the context of an anime like Oregairu it made sense to have that cold girl character type, since alot of the characters in that anime deserved to hear what the main girl said, but that anime also showed how sometimes you just take it too far and hurt people's feelings. However, Yozora never feels that way and just thinks that it's funny to taunt everyone. I dunno, i really wanted to like Yozora too, but the lack of progression in her character and how she sorta ruins stuff got annoying after a while
JusticeSoulTunaSep 10, 2013 9:35 PM
---
Sep 10, 2013 9:28 PM

Mar 2012
Perhaps the final straw for me was the last episode; after the mumbo jumbo of a conversation about their childhood friendship, instead it was 'Just call me Yozora' and boom, it's back to being awkward acquaintances again...But why? She was so enthusiastic about meeting him again, even went as far as to talk to her invisible friend. Yet her personality does a 180 when she does start talking to him, she acts hella jealous when anyone gets close to him and instead antagonizes him cause of it or hits him, and she won't ever open up to him herself even though she wants to. Hell, she even said that they're 'acquaintances' now, not friends. At least Sena 1. realized that Kodoka cared about her and understood that her pompous attitude can get her in trouble and 2. doesn't act like a complete tsundere whenever she ends up doing something embarrassing in front of him, which was refreshing. All of the characters in this anime are flawed yet likeable in their own ways, especially Kodoka, Rika and Kobota, but Yozora doesn't even TRY to develop as a character. Kodoka developed, Sena developed and even Kobota developed in her own way, yet Yozora refused to change even till the very end
---
Sep 10, 2013 9:52 PM

Mar 2012
Also, for all these people who're saying that we should 'understand' Yozora or that she's meant to be like that. A couple of things:
1. ANY character with bad traits can be made likeable if steps are taken for us to sympathize with them, but that's rarely done with Yozora
2. losing your best friend cause of a selfish decision that you made doesn't give you a free pass to be an asshole to people for the rest of your life. I KNOW what Yozora's been through, and i UNDERSTAND why she is the way she is. But does that make it ok? Does it make it perfectly fine for her to degrade people, hate people who have friends and shit on Sena 24/7? No it freaking doesn't.

So no, I don't hate Yozora. But I can't like her either
---
Sep 16, 2013 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly she's one of my least favorite characters in the series, however, i still like her to a degree, she can be really mean (Especially to Sena) at times. but i honestly think she has a good heart, and i think she's afraid of being hurt, And some of the meaness comes from jealousy of the other girls being with Kodoka
Sep 25, 2013 7:42 AM

May 2013
i like her more than sena
Oct 2, 2013 10:20 PM

Jan 2012
ichigo03 said:
It's really disappointing since this show is very likable, but it's main female character has nothing that can be counted as "relatable" to the viewers.

I have never considered her to be the Main Female Character, mostly due to the fact that every other notable character besides Kodaka is the same gender. Is she unlikable? For sure! She might have been the first one to be introduced, but Yozora has always done everything possible to put the other girls down, hoping Kodaka would 'choose' her over them and when she's the one who 'bites the dust' (so to speak), she gets upset and pitiful.

In my opinion, Yozora is WAY too focused on the past and if she'd just get over herself and think about other people, even if only a little, she'd be a more likable character.
Oct 30, 2013 2:26 AM

Jun 2013
I don't like her mainly because of her actions towards Yukimura. Yukimura is in a delicate psychology area, and Yozora jerks her around for her convenience and also so Yukimura would not be a rival for Kodoka.

Then again Sena is not much better with her questionable actions throughout the show. But I think the difference is that Sena is just a degenerate, but doesn't mean any harm, while Yozara is pretty sadistic at times.
Nov 5, 2013 12:04 AM

Aug 2012
Some people (like me) don't like her that much porbably because of her sadistic nature plus she never really showed her cute side, and a poor fanservice.(Remember she was wearing some giraffe costume while everybody were on their swimsuits , which really is a bummer.)
Nov 27, 2013 11:10 PM

May 2013
She can be a bit too harsh and stuff, not a great fan but I don't hate her.
Dec 24, 2013 7:29 PM

Dec 2013
I admit it's really hard to understand her character, but personally I can relate to Yozora and how she thinks, but I think in some points she overacts, including the fact that she is always abusing others. If I were the director I would've done something different, like the movie script. It is in LN but I think the writer shouldn't add this. One part of her character is that she loves to act coolly and coldly to hide the real feeling in her heart. Her childhood scenes also show this.
Actually some scenes are really excellent, like the karaoke one.
Also about "Meat". Niku in Japanese doesn't just refer to meat but also carnal and ecchi things. Actually people in eastern world (Chinese and Japan, I'm a Chinese) often use it this way. (Some words in Japanese come directly from Chinese.)
About her hatred to Sena. Yozora clearly thinks that Sena completely ruined her reunion with Kotaka.
In fact I'm wondering about her very existence in this basically lighthearted comedy.
Inside my feelings
Inside my justice
邪魔しないで
居場所はどこ
Aug 18, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2014
ichigo03 said:

Since episode 1 she has been a real downer and an anti-social girl with no real redeeming qualities.

That's the reason why I like her.
Mar 25, 2015 2:45 PM

Nov 2013
Sena treats the boys the way she does, because they only dance attendance to her because of her social status and wealth. And why in hell should she befriend the bitches in her class, who are only jealous of her? She does not belittle the others because of their quirks. Yozora, on the other hand, bullies everyone who is weaker than her. So, yes, she is an unlikeable character. In fact, regarding to being unlikeable she is only second to Ume from Ben-To.

And, since someone mentioned Maria and Kobato: they love to argue with one another, but they know where to draw the line. That is different from bullying.

Edit: After watching the first episode of NEXT I have to admit, that Sena is pretty messed up, too.
TheBigGuyMar 26, 2015 12:06 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 9, 2015 2:33 AM
Mar 2015
I hate yozora If they made a version of yikino form oregairu with none of the charm and twice the malice BOOM yozora was created. I understand "meat" is just as bad were her whole egotism but at the receiving end of all of yozoras abuse I tend to sympathize with her.
Jul 21, 2015 1:03 PM

Jul 2015
Yes, I really didn't like that bitch at all because I was more of a Sena lover anyway, but it was funny when Freaka, I mean Rikka and Yozora messed with Sena's hair in Haganai Next, and she was funny when she messed with Sena and Maria's minds, otherwise, she was my least favorite Haganai character.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2011

337 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2011

231 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 8, 2011

181 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

241 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2011

180 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.