Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 16, 2011 4:32 PM
Aug 2010
So I'm sure I'm not alone when I think that Yozora is probably the only unlikable character in this show.

Since episode 1 she has been a real downer and an anti-social girl with no real redeeming qualities.

Sure some people could say that she's good looking, but that's kinda useless since every girl on the show is good looking.

I think the main problem was the fact that she sometimes brings the whole group down, especially when they went to the pool and later in the festival.

Yeah, I know Rika was also "sick" by the crowds, but that's mostly due to her being a shut-in rather than just having a real dislike towards other people.

It's really disappointing since this show is very likable, but it's main female character has nothing that can be counted as "relatable" to the viewers.

*EDIT* I changed the title to be more unbiased and to have a better discussion.
ichig0fanDec 16, 2011 6:00 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 16, 2011 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
dont judge characters off the first episode ever

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 16, 2011 4:49 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like uh, your opinion, man.

Dec 16, 2011 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
oh am i the only one that hates these kinda threads, I've hated characters before that people love or were the only bad characters in the show but i don't go off creating threads about it,

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 16, 2011 5:02 PM
Aug 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
oh am i the only one that hates these kinda threads, I've hated characters before that people love or were the only bad characters in the show but i don't go off creating threads about it,

Well, first of all I don't "Hate" Yozora, I said she's "unlikable", I want to like her because I don't actually hate her, but it's difficult since she has no redeeming qualities.

Second of all, you will notice the title is a question mark, in other words people can share how they feel about Yozora.

Lastly, I know for a fact I'm not the only one that feels this way about Yozora, every week in the episode discussions, very little fans have positive things to say about Yozora.

Everyone loves Kobato, Sena, Rika, etc, but Yozora turned out to be the only one that has few if any thing good about her.

Anyways, this is NOT a hate thread, again you should notice the question mark at the end of the title, this is a discussion about Yozora and why she isn't so likable.
Dec 16, 2011 5:21 PM
Nov 2010
Unlikeable?
According to this poll, she's the third most likeable character in the show.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=369039
Dec 16, 2011 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
Z-flame said:
Unlikeable?
general opinion = fact -_-

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 16, 2011 5:48 PM
Aug 2010
Z-flame said:
Unlikeable?

I think it's a bit strange how the MAIN FEMALE character (and YES, she is the main female character) is behind the supporting female character (Her rival) AND she's behind Kobato who wasn't introduced into the series until episode 3!!!

Anyways, I'm not surprised that she's in Third, I would've been surprised if she had been higher though.

Either way, my opinion is mostly based on the week by week episode discussion and how many people seems to NOT like Yozora.

There's even a thread about people "Raging" at the fact the series might end with a Kodaka and Yozora pairing.

Most people prefer Sena over Yozora, I just think that the MAIN female character should've had a stronger presence than Yozora had.
Dec 16, 2011 5:52 PM

Sep 2011
ichigo03 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Well, first of all I don't "Hate" Yozora, I said she's "unlikable", I want to like her because I don't actually hate her, but it's difficult since she has no redeeming qualities.

Second of all, you will notice the title is a question mark, in other words people can share how they feel about Yozora.

Lastly, I know for a fact I'm not the only one that feels this way about Yozora, every week in the episode discussions, very little fans have positive things to say about Yozora.

Everyone loves Kobato, Sena, Rika, etc, but Yozora turned out to be the only one that has few if any thing good about her.

Anyways, this is NOT a hate thread, again you should notice the question mark at the end of the title, this is a discussion about Yozora and why she isn't so likable.
whatever helps you sleep at night, you honestly expect me to believe that?if you wanted to create a thread discussing the character than you would have had that int he title, and on top of that, the question mark actually makes this MORE of a hate thread cause you have the question regardless of the response have to answer why she turned out to be the worst, no if and or buts to if she is likable or not

you asked WHY she was bad not IF, big big BIG difference

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 16, 2011 5:59 PM
Aug 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
whatever helps you sleep at night, you honestly expect me to believe that?if you wanted to create a thread discussing the character than you would have had that int he title, and on top of that, the question mark actually makes this MORE of a hate thread cause you have the question regardless of the response have to answer why she turned out to be the worst, no if and or buts to if she is likable or not

you asked WHY she was bad not IF, big big BIG difference

OK, fair enough, you make a somewhat valid argument, and to show you that this is not a Hate thread (since I think those types of threads are asinine) I'll change the title to something that is unbiased.
Dec 16, 2011 6:00 PM

May 2010
Main problem with this is that people can't understand Yozora's actions/feelings. They can't relate or look deeper into the character which is why, they think she "brings everyone down" at the pool incident, etc. Yozora wasn't the only one involved, Rika was also one to go along with Yozo, yet most watchers blamed it all on Yozora. And, people are clueless to the fact that both are extremely unsociable and cannot cope with crowded areas, as it makes them panic or feel sick. Which is an extremely big deal, and a big step to even consider going.. They do not understand, so they just go into "hate mode" for ruining their favorites "fun time".

Another "problem" with Yozora's character in the anime with people is that, they look at her "picking" on Sena and hate her, more so because Sena automatically starts crying and can't take it. And everyone loves Sena, well, second to Kobato, so that makes them dislike her even more. Even though, Sena tries to do the same thing, but fails as she's not as witty as Yozora.

Which makes me think most watchers are hypocrites. Both Sena and Yozora are the same thing, Sena is just more "lively" and a bit more open as she didn't have the past Yozora had. Seriously speaking, would anyone be such a happy person with 10 or so years of not interacting with people??

Pretty sure people will make arguments of why I am wrong, as this is a forum... But really, think about the feeling of not having anyone for that long, pretty depressing...The girl doesn't even have her families number in her phone, lol....
Dec 16, 2011 6:16 PM
Nov 2010
@DJIzzyIzzyHitler
This thread is basically someone's opinion, that she's unlikeable. I merely indicated that there are other people whose opinion differs from the OP's

In the end, it all depends on how you view her. Some may find her unlikeable, some may not.
Dec 16, 2011 6:21 PM

Dec 2010
Yes. If she could stop being so extreme about how she treated Sena and Maria, the more I'd like it. But at this point, she's something of a hypocrite. After going on a tangent about bullies she'll summarily make Sena run away, crying. Because of, uh, 'teasing'.

There is also the issue of her making friends. Being phobic of tight places with people is one thing, but she simply gets nauseous. That means she can adapt to crowds. She jsut chooses not to. Let me get to the punchline. If she wanted friends, she should be trying a little harder.

My humble opinion, of course.
Dec 16, 2011 7:36 PM

Nov 2009
She is alright, just not as likable as most of the others...I still like her more than Maria though (She is just annoying lol).

She doesnt hold a candle to my favourites of the show though.
Dec 17, 2011 12:12 AM

Sep 2011
Something I've been wondering for a while . While most people generally like both Kobato and Sena when they vote for either. I'd have to think this: do they like Yozora as well? Because the fandom can be split like that.

The answer of this question can determine the general census.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 17, 2011 1:37 AM
Aug 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Something I've been wondering for a while . While most people generally like both Kobato and Sena when they vote for either. I'd have to think this: do they like Yozora as well? Because the fandom can be split like that.

Well, the thing about Yozora is that no one can figure out what kind of character she is.

For example:

Sena: An Oujou-sama type character who in reality just wants real friends instead of lackeys. She's likable because even though she acts conceded, the viewers can see that she's actually a good person and even though Yozora bullies her, she still makes an effort to be friends with her.

Kobato: A loli who cares deeply for her big brother and likes to cosplay her favorite character, she's a very likable character because of her innocent interactions with Kodaka, Sena, and Maria.

Kodaka: Our main protagonist who only wants friends but has gotten a bad reputation because of his looks. He's likable because unlike most harem male leads, he's actually calm and collected in most "Ecchi" situations, also he doesn't act like an idiot the entire episode.

Yozora: Anti-social, a huge bully, and brings others around her down.

Unfortunately, that's really what she's been for 11 episodes, yeah she might be good looking and she might be funny sometimes, but most of the time her personality is just not as likable as the others.

Again, I personally don't hate Yozora, but I can't seem to like her.
Dec 17, 2011 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
Yozora is just jealous of "Meat" who always has lots of guys around (which she didn't know Sena's thought, either) because she has no friends, which affects how she treats people (because she doesn't know how).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 17, 2011 4:16 AM
Jun 2008
ichigo03 said:

Don't forget that she is a tsundere as well just like Kirino
Dec 17, 2011 6:32 AM

Dec 2009
What I don't like of her is how she treats Sena and calls her Meat.
Dec 17, 2011 7:38 AM
Jan 2011
ichigo03 said:
GodlyKyon said:

Well, the thing about Yozora is that no one can figure out what kind of character she is.

For example:

Sena: An Oujou-sama type character who in reality just wants real friends instead of lackeys. She's likable because even though she acts conceded, the viewers can see that she's actually a good person and even though Yozora bullies her, she still makes an effort to be friends with her.

Kobato: A loli who cares deeply for her big brother and likes to cosplay her favorite character, she's a very likable character because of her innocent interactions with Kodaka, Sena, and Maria.

Kodaka: Our main protagonist who only wants friends but has gotten a bad reputation because of his looks. He's likable because unlike most harem male leads, he's actually calm and collected in most "Ecchi" situations, also he doesn't act like an idiot the entire episode.

Unfortunately, that's really what she's been for 11 episodes, yeah she might be good looking and she might be funny sometimes, but most of the time her personality is just not as likable as the others.

I'd say that Yozura is unlikeable, but then again, she's probabaly the only childhood friend were Kodaka will end up with.
Dec 17, 2011 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
Nasty001 said:
ichigo03 said:
GodlyKyon said:

For example:

I'd say that Yozura is unlikeable, but then again, she's probabaly the only childhood friend were Kodaka will end up with.

I was thinking of that in the beginning,(before the anime started) but now I'm not so sure anymore. Not that it matters for this season since it will be a no choosing end.

Terrible showing o
ichigo03 said:
GodlyKyon said:

For example:

This means her character was shown horribly at best. But my main point was that even some may choose Yozora as the most favorite character, perhaps her fans only like her in the series? It's hard to express but basically I'm saying the people who voted for [non-Yozora heroine] may dislike her and like everyone else? Thus making her more unlikeable than any other heroine in this series?
Dec 17, 2011 8:54 PM
Dec 2011
*Checks my Favorite characters*
Nope.

Kyon, please don't get into this "I knew Sena would be popular" argument please. Thank you.

But yes, one of the things I disliked in this show was the harem ending. He needs to be with Yozora <33

They also leave out some of her funniest stories from the Light Novels sadly.
Dec 19, 2011 7:29 PM

Sep 2011
-Mika said:
*Checks my Favorite characters*
Nope.

Kyon, please don't get into this "I knew Sena would be popular" argument please. Thank you.

But yes, one of the things I disliked in this show was the harem ending. He needs to be with Yozora <33

They also leave out some of her funniest stories from the Light Novels sadly.

I'm not though...... I'm not saying sena > sora, saying all that shut on the other thread was a mistake. And I am just too lazy to delete it all

I'm trying to answer this thread. Yes Yozora has a lot of fans, I'm not too surprised because she is Thr first heroine and gave everyone a good 1st impression(though NEVER judge a character based on their 1st impressions). But I'm saying maybe there are a lot of people who find her to be unlikeable. For example, the Kobato and Sena fans. And that poll I made is not kade to determine who's "likeable" or not.

Oh yeah Also. Alright you like Yozora, but why should Taka be with Yozora?(not bringing in who likes her or not, but series-wise)
Dec 19, 2011 8:35 PM

Nov 2008
I don't find her unlikable..more like misunderstood. I don't think many people can put themselves in her shoes..but I'm sure she has reasons for been the way she is. Those reasons just have not been introduced. I actually like her, since her characters types usually..not always..but usually...have pasts that made them the way they are. I also love dark haired characters...there like a weakness, there are exceptions, but Yozora I like.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 20, 2011 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
SephiriAzure said:
I don't find her unlikable..more like misunderstood. I don't think many people can put themselves in her shoes..but I'm sure she has reasons for been the way she is. Those reasons just have not been introduced. I actually like her, since her characters types usually..not always..but usually...have pasts that made them the way they are. I also love dark haired characters...there like a weakness, there are exceptions, but Yozora I like.

Mind if you can tell me what would be a "good" reason for her to act that way? Because the readjusts gave in the novel sure is not one to me.

Also, I only brought up Sena would be more popular than Yozora in the other thread because people were keep on talking about how ^No one could like Sena in the beginning.

Did you make some typos on the last part? Because I'm nit sure what you are trying to say there.

Btw. I'm pretty sure Yozora's first impressions were a lot better than Sena's, would that be a huge influence to why people like her?
Dec 21, 2011 7:31 AM

Sep 2008
Maybe Yozora is more likable in manga or LN,
then I don't understand why in anime she is showed as such way...
We got 11 and I still don't get why she bullies everyone and always.
Support characters look lot better than Yozora.
I don't hate her, through whole series I want to try to understand her
and try to like her, but I can't...

"Another "problem" with Yozora's character in the anime with people is that, they look at her "picking" on Sena and hate her, more so because Sena automatically starts crying and can't take it."
Even Sena not starts crying,
when she bullies somebody I always think: "WTF you doing?
Who the hell you think you are?"
I really don't understand her...
She want have friends, but how she treats them?
Animators don't show us any reasons why she act like this?
So how she could be likeable when they show her only bad sites of her?
Dec 21, 2011 7:46 AM
Dec 2011
Gahhh You're soo annoying Kyon!
Is there a problem with people liking Yozora? I would understand if she was a character like Shinji or Shu. Geez. Just because you don't think she's good or because you don't like bullies because you've been bullied or whatever, doesn't mean everyone shouldn't like her. just ssttoppppp D:

People might've understood her more if we got that scene of Sena's room of Yozora.
-MikaDec 21, 2011 7:51 AM
Dec 21, 2011 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
Yozora is not likeable and I don't like her in the LN either, she's cruel and deserves little if any sympathy. Kodaka should not end up with her at all, I'd rather he take Rika or even Sena for that matter even though I'm not a fan of Sena either.

Dec 21, 2011 8:44 AM

Dec 2010
-Mika said:

Is there a problem with people liking Yozora? I would understand if she was a character like Shinji or Shu.

Yozora has continually been cruel to a multitude of characters. I'm surprised anyone likes her at all because poor restraint and hypocrisy aren't valued qualities.

Shinji and Shu are stressful because of their archetype and stereotype. Yozora is disliked because her mash-up of archetype and personality. I only felt sympathy towards her once, and that was episode 1.

She legitamizes bullying by doing it to Sena while she explicitly stated she hates it. Let's not forget about Maria on this one either. this kind of social cruelty makes her hard to be likable because what she is doing and what she says she wants are two different things.

She want friends but refuse to be socially acceptable.
She wants the neighbor's club to be active in public places but refuses to be around crowds.
She wants cooperation but outright makes it impossible to get any from her.

You see, these quirks just make her uncomfortable to watch. While some of her moments are actually teasing (the playful variant.) most often she is either giving Sena or Maria a hard time, or is backsiding any efforts for the neighbor's club activities.

I don't like her for the above. People are free to like her. There isn't a problem. I just find her insufferable. Hopefully me going "I'm" and "Yozora" instead of "This" and "That is" helped with subjectivity.
Dec 21, 2011 10:48 AM

Sep 2009
Otsdarva pretty much summed up my feelings on Yozora pretty well.

If the viewer is supposed to sympathize with her at all, the writers have done a pretty poor job of conveying that.
Dec 21, 2011 2:06 PM
Dec 2007
Otsdarva said:
-Mika said:

Is there a problem with people liking Yozora? I would understand if she was a character like Shinji or Shu.

Yozora has continually been cruel to a multitude of characters. I'm surprised anyone likes her at all because poor restraint and hypocrisy aren't valued qualities.

Shinji and Shu are stressful because of their archetype and stereotype. Yozora is disliked because her mash-up of archetype and personality. I only felt sympathy towards her once, and that was episode 1.

She legitamizes bullying by doing it to Sena while she explicitly stated she hates it. Let's not forget about Maria on this one either. this kind of social cruelty makes her hard to be likable because what she is doing and what she says she wants are two different things.

She wants the neighbor's club to be active in public places but refuses to be around crowds.

You see, these quirks just make her uncomfortable to watch. While some of her moments are actually teasing (the playful variant.) most often she is either giving Sena or Maria a hard time, or is backsiding any efforts for the neighbor's club activities.

I don't like her for the above. People are free to like her. There isn't a problem. I just find her insufferable. Hopefully me going "I'm" and "Yozora" instead of "This" and "That is" helped with subjectivity.
You Pretty much summed it up. A lot of people go "oh, the LN shows good reasons for blah blah blah but then refuse to give examples. Please give examples to us non-LN readers or otherwise don't even bother bringing it up.

Dec 21, 2011 2:35 PM
Nov 2010
First of all, likeable =/= nice
There can be a character that is an hypocrite, mean, and a liar; and yet some people could still like that character.

Otsdarva said:
-Mika said:

Ironically, some of these points could be use as a reason for some people to like her.

Example of a person that finds her unlikeable could say:
"Omg I hate how Yozora treats Sena and Maria. She's too mean."

Example of a person that finds her likeable could say:
"Lol. I love how Yozora treats Sena and Maria. She's enjoyable."

Like I said before, what some people say why she's unlikeable could be used by other people that find her likeable.
Dec 21, 2011 2:44 PM
Nov 2010
Leon-Gun said:
You Pretty much summed it up. A lot of people go "oh, the LN shows good reasons for blah blah blah but then refuse to give examples. Please give examples to us non-LN readers or otherwise don't even bother bringing it up.

Even now the interpretation of Yozora's character given limited coverage of the anime is diverging. LN will NOT give examples of an 180 degree turn-around if that's what you are looking for. Nor is anyone's business to explain it to someone who doesn't bother looking for the LN (which is available, google thx), and with possibly a tinted glass to begin with.

For for the sake of discussion, an analogy: on the topic of doing something well, let's call it 'running'. An athlete did 100m in 11 sec. A one-legged person did it in 17 sec. Apparently given the result the one-legged person OBVIOUSLY didn't try hard enough compared to the athlete.

To apply here, the topic will be 'taking initiative with Kodaka'' and Sena is the athlete, Yozora is the one-legged one. That's simply due to the difference to their personalities. Guess what, there are areas Sena is 'one-legged' at as well, and she fared just as badly development-wise.

I find it ironic that many who dislike Yozora's 'bullying' (a word used with emotion, which I believe is incorrectly applied because the underlying motive differs), is actually a manifestation of LACK OF EMPATHY, at the same time these viewers display the same towards Yozora's character. Interestingly this lack of empathy trait is shared by Sena, except she responds by being dismissive.

It all comes down to Sena's strong points just so happens to align with what most find appealing, but this show is about how characters deal with their weaknesses.
Dec 21, 2011 3:19 PM
Dec 2007
potplant said:
Leon-Gun said:

Even now the interpretation of Yozora's character given limited coverage of the anime is diverging. LN will NOT give examples of an 180 degree turn-around if that's what you are looking for. Nor is anyone's business to explain it to someone who doesn't bother looking for the LN (which is available, google thx), and with possibly a tinted glass to begin with.

For for the sake of discussion, an analogy: on the topic of doing something well, let's call it 'running'. An athlete did 100m in 11 sec. A one-legged person did it in 17 sec. Apparently given the result the one-legged person OBVIOUSLY didn't try hard enough compared to the athlete.

To apply here, the topic will be 'taking initiative with Kodaka'' and Sena is the athlete, Yozora is the one-legged one. That's simply due to the difference to their personalities. Guess what, there are areas Sena is 'one-legged' at as well, and she fared just as badly development-wise.

I find it ironic that many who dislike Yozora's 'bullying' (a word used with emotion, which I believe is incorrectly applied because the underlying motive differs), is actually a manifestation of LACK OF EMPATHY, at the same time these viewers display the same towards Yozora's character. Interestingly this lack of empathy trait is shared by Sena, except she responds by being dismissive.

It all comes down to Sena's strong points just so happens to align with what most find appealing, but this show is about how characters deal with their weaknesses.
Your first paragraph was totally an attack but I'll dismiss it.

Let's just say people ind some flaws simpler to accept. Hiding your feelings behind pride is easy to accept because in a more broad sense it doesn't hurt others. Hiding your feelings behind a screen of verbal and sometimes physical attacks however does has visible victims. Some people likes this type of characters (but I've noticed they tend to like sadistic teasing in general) and some can't stand it. I particularly hate physical teasing or just exaggerated teasing in general. It's not like Yozora is the first character I've come to hate because of it.

And the whole "give examples" bit I said was only said because I am actually getting sick and tired of people just going "but the LN gives you some different characterization" without at least one example to back them up. You expect me to read up the whole LN just to check whether my point stands or not? Why? If my point stands I will def not enjoy it, and I have plenty of others ways to waste my time than reading something I won't enjoy.

Dec 21, 2011 4:23 PM

Sep 2011
-Mika said:
Gahhh You're soo annoying Kyon!
Is there a problem with people liking Yozora? I would understand if she was a character like Shinji or Shu. Geez. Just because you don't think she's good or because you don't like bullies because you've been bullied or whatever, doesn't mean everyone shouldn't like her. just ssttoppppp D:

People might've understood her more if we got that scene of Sena's room of Yozora.

The fuck? I didn't say it's not okay to not like her, I want to understand WHY would you like her beside her first impression that she gave you.

Otsdarva said:
-Mika said:

Summed up my feelings in regard to her. agreed with the 3 points you provided.

Leon-Gun said:
Otsdarva said:
-Mika said:

I am not exactly sure what they are talking about, because I read the LNs and I couldn't find an instance where she was giving a good reason to us. In fact, the reason she gave for hiding her secret was quite shitty. In the light novels she said she was too embarrassed to wear a skirt, and I think she blamed Kodaka for that...... that was it, nothing deep. Though I actually laughed because of Kodaka who pointed out if she just told him that it would've led to the situation where he say "prove it to me"...... yeah.

Z-flame said:
First of all, likeable =/= nice
There can be a character that is an hypocrite, mean, and a liar; and yet some people could still like that character.

Otsdarva said:
-Mika said:

Ironically, some of these points could be use as a reason for some people to like her.

Example of a person that finds her unlikeable could say:
"Omg I hate how Yozora treats Sena and Maria. She's too mean."

Example of a person that finds her likeable could say:
"Lol. I love how Yozora treats Sena and Maria. She's enjoyable."

Like I said before, what some people say why she's unlikeable could be used by other people that find her likeable.

I would suppose that is the reason. Although I hardly could say I like Maria, I don't think she deserve so much bullying without good reasons. But ok, I guess her fans liked her because she didn't change at all.

thanks

Leon-Gun said:
potplant said:
Leon-Gun said:

Your first paragraph was totally an attack but I'll dismiss it.

Let's just say people ind some flaws simpler to accept. Hiding your feelings behind pride is easy to accept because in a more broad sense it doesn't hurt others. Hiding your feelings behind a screen of verbal and sometimes physical attacks however does has visible victims. Some people likes this type of characters (but I've noticed they tend to like sadistic teasing in general) and some can't stand it. I particularly hate physical teasing or just exaggerated teasing in general. It's not like Yozora is the first character I've come to hate because of it.

And the whole "give examples" bit I said was only said because I am actually getting sick and tired of people just going "but the LN gives you some different characterization" without at least one example to back them up. You expect me to read up the whole LN just to check whether my point stands or not? Why? If my point stands I will def not enjoy it, and I have plenty of others ways to waste my time than reading something I won't enjoy.

I was actually getting mad to because no one really cites the claims. I am reading the LNs and can't find anything I would regard a good example, which is why i want
the YOZORA FANS to explain because in my perspective, I can't find any.
Dec 21, 2011 4:59 PM

May 2011
I like her, maybe even a little bit more than Sena. But then again I like everyone in the show. >_>
Dec 21, 2011 5:04 PM
Feb 2011
Nope, I found Meat far more unlikeable. All she does is whine and cry.
­
Dec 21, 2011 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
RitsuTainaka said:
Nope, I found Meat far more unlikeable. All she does is whine and cry.

Seriously? She way more than that... Pony out what they do each if you want to convince anyone.
Dec 21, 2011 6:45 PM
Sep 2009
Honestly, I felt the same way at first. I found Yozora to be a huge downer and "unlikable," but eventually, I came to realize something: I believe that she's supposed to be that way.

Now, for those who really do love Yozora, bear with me. Yozora is essentially an emo chick, so to speak--an emo chick who is anti-social, inconsiderate, and spiteful. In other words, because of her traits, Yozora is unable to make friends on her own; thus, I come full circle to the plot of this show.
Dec 21, 2011 8:39 PM

May 2010
LittleStar said:
"Another "problem" with Yozora's character in the anime with people is that, they look at her "picking" on Sena and hate her, more so because Sena automatically starts crying and can't take it."

I don't know what you're getting at here, but - she whines and complains about it most of the time, or tries to counter attack, which never works.

BL2W said:
Honestly, I felt the same way at first. I found Yozora to be a huge downer and "unlikable," but eventually, I came to realize something: I believe that she's supposed to be that way.

Now, for those who really do love Yozora, bear with me. Yozora is essentially an emo chick, so to speak--an emo chick who is anti-social, inconsiderate, and spiteful. In other words, because of her traits, Yozora is unable to make friends on her own; thus, I come full circle to the plot of this show.

No. She has no friends because she has attachment problems, not because she's "emo", or has 1 trait from that. If that was the case, then Kuroneko from OreImo - must have been an emo aswell, huh? Anti social, bad attitude, name-callings, wears black most of the time, etc. I know you meant the basic traits of an emo, but that doesn't necessarily make a person "emo". That just makes it a part of "who they are" not "what they are".

I really just dislike the term "emo" lol...
Dec 21, 2011 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
BL2W said:

Her character would have this effect, yes. I guess she is also pretty much responsible why the friendship of the characters do not become fully realized.

RealScreamer said:
LittleStar said:

I don't know what you're getting at here, but - she whines and complains about it most of the time, or tries to counter attack, which never works.

BL2W said:

No. She has no friends because she has attachment problems, not because she's "emo", or has 1 trait from that. If that was the case, then Kuroneko from OreImo - must have been an emo aswell, huh? Anti social, bad attitude, name-callings, wears black most of the time, etc. I know you meant the basic traits of an emo, but that doesn't necessarily make a person "emo". That just makes it a part of "who they are" not "what they are".

I really just dislike the term "emo" lol...

Uh, no. I am not fully sure WHY she has no friends, but from the information given it is implied that way.

she does not like people in higher class than her(or so she thinks they are), so that is the way she treats them. Kuroneko was no where near a bully, so you can't really compare them(if anything, compare her to Kobato)
Dec 21, 2011 9:49 PM
Aug 2010
Otsdarva said:

EXACTLY!

Yozora is just a HUGE contradiction, she creates a club to make friends but then becomes increasingly Anti-social, a bully, and a downer to all the other members.

Yozora would've been a MUCH better character if she acted more in tune to the things she says.

Like I said before, Sena and Kobato are much more likable because they have personalities in which the viewer can relate to.

Sena likes games and wants real friends, Kobato cares for her brother and has very interesting interactions with the characters around her.

From the very beginning, it seems like Yozora is not really interested in anyone except Kodaka, it's obvious that she likes him (I guess because they were childhood friends) but she doesn't really want any friends or be social or any of the things she says.
Dec 21, 2011 10:37 PM

Sep 2011
ichigo03 said:
Otsdarva said:

EXACTLY!

Yozora is just a HUGE contradiction, she creates a club to make friends but then becomes increasingly Anti-social, a bully, and a downer to all the other members.

Yozora would've been a MUCH better character if she acted more in tune to the things she says.

Like I said before, Sena and Kobato are much more likable because they have personalities in which the viewer can relate to.

Sena likes games and wants real friends, Kobato cares for her brother and has very interesting interactions with the characters around her.

From the very beginning, it seems like Yozora is not really interested in anyone except Kodaka, it's obvious that she likes him (I guess because they were childhood friends) but she doesn't really want any friends or be social or any of the things she says.

Another thing I don't understand about Yozora is that why would she be SO interested in a person that disappeared 10 years ago? That is such a forced relationship..... Also, they barely had ANY interaction in the series(Sena had plenty and Kobato had always been there with him)
Dec 21, 2011 11:15 PM

May 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Uh, no. I am not fully sure WHY she has no friends, but from the information given it is implied that way.

she does not like people in higher class than her(or so she thinks they are), so that is the way she treats them. Kuroneko was no where near a bully, so you can't really compare them(if anything, compare her to Kobato)

Ugh.

Reading into the novel, yes, she does. She was attached to the Cat&Kodaka, as Kodaka was her first friend ever, and took care of a cat with him. Loses both, in a flash, and she comes down to never making anymore friends?? That my friend, is an attachment issue. Highly seen in children and can continue on. Also - just to add on, I think everyone with a good memory remembers their "first" friend and cherished the silly moments you had, I know I still do.

Lmao. No, see, you don't understand. That is, what Sena is. You clearly will never try to feel the frustration of being anti-social, because you're at a point where the way you see Yozora, makes you sick. More than obvious she lies to herself about most things, so she can be "socially accepted". The girl doesn't know right or wrong dealing with people. Which is why, she treats people like Sena, like shit. And it's obvious teasing to Maria - AGAIN - Who the fuck takes advice from a person who screwed you once before? Stupid. So for the love of Christ, people. Everyone's at fault, not just queen "Bitch", Yozora. smh. It's funny how no one said anything when Kobato cheered Yozora on to keep on harassing Maria.

Kuroneko always talked crap about Kirino - Kirino did aswell. She also looked down upon Akagi Sena for being an a obsessive Yaoi fan, would also say a bit of negative things to Kyousuke. Only difference here is that Yozora and the rest of the Boku cast are too "over-the-top".

But clearly, it's futile with you. No matter what, you won't be able to sympathize, as I'm sure you think being anti-social is an easy matter, when it's not. Seriously, no interaction with people for 10years? And she's suppose to be this positive and truthful girl for everyone to like? No. I'm surprised she's not fucking crazy...Well, perhaps she is a bit crazy with Tomo as a "friend".... These Yozora discussions are all just un-needed, The show doesn't even live up to the novel to discuss characters completely.
Dec 22, 2011 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
RealScreamer said:
GodlyKyon said:

Ugh.

Reading into the novel, yes, she does. She was attached to the Cat&Kodaka, as Kodaka was her first friend ever, and took care of a cat with him. Loses both, in a flash, and she comes down to never making anymore friends?? That my friend, is an attachment issue. Highly seen in children and can continue on. Also - just to add on, I think everyone with a good memory remembers their "first" friend and cherished the silly moments you had, I know I still do.

Lmao. No, see, you don't understand. That is, what Sena is. You clearly will never try to feel the frustration of being anti-social, because you're at a point where the way you see Yozora, makes you sick. More than obvious she lies to herself about most things, so she can be "socially accepted". The girl doesn't know right or wrong dealing with people. Which is why, she treats people like Sena, like shit. And it's obvious teasing to Maria - AGAIN - Who the fuck takes advice from a person who screwed you once before? Stupid. So for the love of Christ, people. Everyone's at fault, not just queen "Bitch", Yozora. smh. It's funny how no one said anything when Kobato cheered Yozora on to keep on harassing Maria.

Kuroneko always talked crap about Kirino - Kirino did aswell. She also looked down upon Akagi Sena for being an a obsessive Yaoi fan, would also say a bit of negative things to Kyousuke. Only difference here is that Yozora and the rest of the Boku cast are too "over-the-top".

But clearly, it's futile with you. No matter what, you won't be able to sympathize, as I'm sure you think being anti-social is an easy matter, when it's not. Seriously, no interaction with people for 10years? And she's suppose to be this positive and truthful girl for everyone to like? No. I'm surprised she's not fucking crazy...Well, perhaps she is a bit crazy with Tomo as a "friend".... These Yozora discussions are all just un-needed, The show doesn't even live up to the novel to discuss characters completely.

Kuroneko was more sympathsizable than Yozora. Fujoshis are looked down upon by people, especially men, that's why no one had any problems with it.

Yozora is just a bitch to me. What she does is not entertaining and I saw nothing that would justify what she does in my heart. Yeah, it's useless to try to change my opinions about Yozora I suppose. You're right. ^No more discussion should be necessary.
Dec 22, 2011 9:45 AM

May 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Kuroneko was more sympathsizable than Yozora. Fujoshis are looked down upon by people, especially men, that's why no one had any problems with it.

Just to refresh my memory on the crap that was OreImo, what was so sympathetic about Kuroneko? I mean, there's absolutely no backstory on her, she's just like that, for the sake of being like that. But if I'm forgetting something, please do give me the details, I have forgotten 3/4's of that whole show. And Just to say, I like Kuroneko.

Regardless, of what people like, it's still wrong to talk crap about it, even if it's yaoi. It's just like Sena playing those eroge, that's looked down upon. But this is a close minded world, I guess..
Dec 22, 2011 10:15 AM

Dec 2011
I'm a Yozora fan; in fact, she's the character that I enjoy the most in this show. Can she be mean? Yes. But is she unlikeable? No. The main reason people seem to dislike her is her treatment of Sena. While this is seen as cruel by some viewers, the characters themselves don't seem to think that. Sena comes back to the club every day, she still tries to interact with Yozora, and she has shown NO hints of being emotionally scarred by Yozora's so-called bullying. That's because her teasing is exaggerated, just like Sena's reaction of running and crying and screaming "Idiot Yozora!" is. It's supposed to be funny. This isn't a serious drama. What I don't get is why some viewers don't realize Sena is just as flawed as Yozora. She thinks of herself as better than anyone else. If she sees an opening to attack Yozora, you better believe she'd take it. Why do you think she's disliked by her female classmates? She's the one doing the rejecting of all the males, and she doesn't even try to be nice about it. She tells them to kiss her feet and treat her like a goddess. She doesn't even bother to learn the name of her female classmates. I like Sena, but I also see her for what she is. Same with Yozora. Both of them would be pretty much detestable in real life and it's no surprise they're friendless. That's the point!
Dec 22, 2011 10:28 AM

Sep 2011
RealScreamer said:
GodlyKyon said:

Just to refresh my memory on the crap that was OreImo, what was so sympathetic about Kuroneko? I mean, there's absolutely no backstory on her, she's just like that, for the sake of being like that. But if I'm forgetting something, please do give me the details, I have forgotten 3/4's of that whole show. And Just to say, I like Kuroneko.

Regardless, of what people like, it's still wrong to talk crap about it, even if it's yaoi. It's just like Sena playing those eroge, that's looked down upon. But this is a close minded world, I guess..

What? some of the things Sena plays is pretty shameful...... in public
Dec 22, 2011 10:32 AM

Sep 2008
V-i-v-i said:
Sena comes back to the club every day

Sena comes back to the club every day, because of Kodaka,
and she want have friends.
I don't think she comes back for Yozora.
Yozora isn't only one member in club.
Dec 22, 2011 10:37 AM

Dec 2011
LittleStar said:
V-i-v-i said:
Sena comes back to the club every day

Sena comes back to the club every day, because of Kodaka,
and she want have friends.
I don't think she comes back for Yozora.
Yozora isn't only one member in club.

I don't think she's coming back for Yozora either. But she wouldn't come back if she felt that Yozora bullied her too much. Sena can call Kodaka to hang out; she's done it before already.
V-i-v-iDec 22, 2011 10:40 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2011

337 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2011

231 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 8, 2011

181 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

241 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2011

180 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.