MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

The iDOLM@STER Episode 24 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» The iDOLM@STER »» The iDOLM@STER Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: The iDOLM@STER Episode 24 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

83 81.37%
4 out of 5: Liked it

14 13.73%
3 out of 5: It was OK

5 4.90%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 102

12-15-11, 8:52 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No OP. The episode already starts off heavy. Apparently she got the role in the play. I guess after her experience she can act better. Haruka's eyes look souless now lol. Miki comes to talk some sense into Haruka...

Quick insert of Honey Heartbeat. Kind of out of place lol. Everyone is trying to carry on with work...

Haruka is lying in her bed suffering. It reminds me of Chihaya episode 4. Haruka goes out and runs into Touma from Jupiter. They show Producer and he's all bandaged up lol. He really got messed up from that fall. Chihaya visits him. Then everyone manages to gather for a practice session. Haruka is passing by some children and they all start singing Jibun restart. It's cute. They all look like everyone at 765 pro. Miki arrives at the lesson and there's an insert song with Haruka, I think it's new.

Haruka goes completely insane and kidnaps a child version of herself, which then grows into an adult version and gives her a piece of candy. lol. Everyone leaves a message on the TV for Haruka and she rushes to go meet them. The ending is Massugu with everyone singing. She runs to everyone in the Production just like the OP.

12-15-11, 9:56 AM

Didnt expect that im@s is gonna be this tearful...
Hard to see haruka who is always cheerful to be this...
Good that everything is alright now.
Let's just hoe for a big big nice finale :3

12-15-11, 9:56 AM

I knew they didn't have the balls to kill off broducer. Miki's still a bitch.

12-15-11, 10:34 AM

Plot armor saves another hero, I know Producer was not going to die but he broke every bone in his body.

More inspiration from past self as well similar to Chihaya's arc.

Haruka in that depressive state made me cry but I'm glad she'll be coming back like Chihaya.

Finale is going to be awesome.

12-15-11, 2:56 PM

Favorite quotes (well more like scenes xD)~
----------------------------------------------------
Haruka acting "(It was like a dream) Was it a dream, those days of happiness? Just where? (Time keeps quickly passes by, while leaving me behind by myself.) What should I do?! Just what should I?! I don't- know. I just don't know! (I have to do my best... I have to do my best... right?) No matter how cold, will I face my dream again? Yes, I trusted in it. Time quickly passes... while leaving me behind by myself. Just what... should I do? Just what.... should... I?... I don't know. I just don't know..."

Miki "Haruka, you're being selfish. Haruka, you're the main role. If you're gone, everyone will have to stop. 'I will defnitely get that role' Miki felt that way. I was serious, but Haruka's acting was more amazing. That's why I gave up! Haruka, you're going to throw that away!?"

Haruka "I... I also.. want to do my best. I.. was happy I got that role... But with the way things are, everyone... I beg you, if it's just until the end of the live. Not just me, everyone... Everyone practice together..."

Ritsuko "Haruka, don't be unreasonable. To suddenly take a break, that's-"

Haruka "I will prostrate and apologize to all the staff. When the live ends, all of the jobs I will work, no, I will work three times harder. That's why, that's why I-!"

Miki "Haruka, what happened to you? Haruka, you're acting strange... Haruka, you're not happy about becoming an idol?... The TV, Radio, and many other things where you can shine, you're not having fun?"

Haruka "No that's not..."

Miki "Are you really telling the truth?"

Haruka "Eh..."

Miki "Haruka... you don't look like you're having fun at all. If you were enjoying it, you wouldn't have make such a face..."

Haruka "Ah.... Did I make that strange of a face...? Heh.. Oh no.. That's strange... I was having fun... I should be having fun... When did this happen?... That's weird... But I... I just... with everyone.. Huh.... What just happened...? I wonder what happened...? I don't know... I don't get it."

Child Haruka"Yep, When I get older, I want to become an idol. When I become an Idol, then I will have fun singing with everyone!"

Miki "It felt like I would get lost. Miki had fun with idol work, because I could shine and get excited. That's why I only kept looking forward and kept running, but then I realized. If I kept going like this, I might lose sight of where I am. Wherever I go, I can have a place where I can say "I'm back", because there are people there smiling to me. It's because the people there smile."

------------------------------------------------
Those lines really tugged my heartstrings~ I really liked it when Haruka poured her own feelings into the main role. It felt really sweet when Chihaya was getting advice on the producer while saying that an important family of hers (765 Pro) was falling apart, and the producer gives advice (not quite sure if he realized Chihaya was actually talking about 765 Pro) and pushes Chihaya to do what she needs.
Modified by kuroikishi, 12-15-11, 4:49 PM

12-15-11, 6:40 PM

So used to always seeing Haruka cheerful and smiling never in a depressed state.

Just loved that insert song さよならをありがとう「Thank you for Goodbye」

Can't wait for the finale!!! Looking forward to their performances!

12-16-11, 4:06 AM
Anime Moderator
I like that they used Haruka's struggle as a retrospective for the entire series. The recap scenes from the ED reminded of some nice moments. I don't know how to put this, but they handled Haruka's breakdown pretty well; it wasn't exaggerated. The script that made Chihaya's depression episode great returned for a stellar performance here.

Also, I have more respect for Miki now. She learned something from Haruka.

If the 765PRO ALLSTARS were in elementary school...

I can't decide which is cuter! Chibi Chihaya or chibi Haruka?

vs.
Modified by arsonal, 12-16-11, 4:30 AM
TL Notes: Some information are worth more than a simple note from the translator.

12-16-11, 4:28 AM

Good episode,the Producer live!! predictable but still it could be a good plot twist if he die but o well at least he broke almost all the bones of the body.

Seeing Haruka so depress made me sad is hard when you dont know what you want to do anymore i think everyone has been there,Chihaya took this time the spot of Haruka and bring everyone together it was nice seeing everyone together calling for Haruka :)

Also Mikki advance a little being less bitchy that was nice as i like her like that.

Next week the big concert let see what last emotions the last episode bring us!
arsonal said:

I can't decide which is cuter! Chibi Chihaya or chibi Haruka?

mmmmmmm can i choose both?!? sooo hard to decide!
Modified by raxius1230, 12-16-11, 4:31 AM

12-16-11, 5:01 AM

I had to hold back the waterworks a little during this episode.

12-16-11, 5:59 AM

I'll have both lolis please! XD

Good to know Haruka is back to her normal self.

12-16-11, 7:20 AM

Glad to see Haruka back to normal > w <

But NOOOO I don't want this to end yet. D:

12-16-11, 10:12 AM

Jeez, I can't believe it's already the end of iM@S. It felt like 24 episodes (8 full hours of my life!) flashed by so quickly. And some really nice drama towards the end, with Chihaya and Haruka's arcs.

Seriously not what I expected when I first picked this up.

12-16-11, 10:12 AM

Next episodes the last :(

And Miki wasn't the bitch that i expected
back to ma favourites now :D

12-16-11, 11:30 AM

Haruka got a serious case of post-trauma. It was pretty sad to see the always so happy and positive Haruka like that. Slowly but surely her fear of 765 Pro falling apart is becoming a reality and she started doubting her being an idol on top of that.

I love how Chihaya is now trying to help Haruka in return for what she did for her when Chihaya had her own family issues. First we had little Chihaya's appearance and now Haruka’s! The end was so heartwarming too. Looking forward to the big performance.

12-16-11, 12:24 PM

just loved this episode, i think haruka has become my fav idolm@sters character now... damn, i just loved this episode!!!

12-16-11, 12:34 PM

And they realized they were being selfish only when the directors and staff hogging them started suggesting they didn't need 765 Pro anymore (Seriously, if Miki had accepted the solo replacement for their All-Stars show she'd have completelt betrayed the rest of them). Interesting how Ritsuko cared so little about the Live Concert she didn't care if they were sloppy so long as the concert was done and not cancelled.

12-16-11, 12:49 PM

I really don't want this to end!

12-16-11, 12:53 PM

OH MY FUCKIN GAWSH.

Nothing can destroy the muthafuckin DANKETSU! NOTHING!

flippin awesome episode. Cannot wait for the finale!

also, chibi Haruka hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. All the chibis in this ep hhhhhhnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

12-16-11, 1:23 PM

She just ran away from all the little kids.
Now that kids, is a crazy person.

12-16-11, 2:10 PM
Anime Moderator
destructo22 said:
Nothing can destroy the muthafuckin DANKETSU! NOTHING!

I was hoping "Danketsu" would appear in this episode, but I guess not. :(

TL Notes: Some information are worth more than a simple note from the translator.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices