Forum Settings
Forums

Theme Song Singer of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Spoils His Career By Insulting Horie Yui

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 15, 2011 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
I lol'd.
Dec 15, 2011 7:24 PM

Jan 2008
I'm with the camp that thinks the punishment is way too harsh, but at the same time it seems no one in this discussion is really understanding the extent of his insult (I read all the comments up to this point).

Sure, Horie Yui (whom I love) is the picture he chose as his example, but he actually said that all seiyuu look less like an idol and kind of cheap/deteriorated.

If the higher ups in the industry took it as an insult to every seiyuu in the business, then I can see why they reacted this harshly.
Dec 15, 2011 7:27 PM

Mar 2009
VioLink said:
"Gosh I must crush him soon". - Masako (voiced by Yui)

You stole my post. =(

Picture reference anyway.

grandy_UiD said:
No one messes with Horie Yui and gets away with it! He got what was coming to him. Asshole.

REJECT HIM, FRIEND!

Seriously, though, there's just no reason to insult her. She's like an angel. A precious little angel. I usually don't get defensive over things like this, but come on, it's Horie Yui.
Dec 15, 2011 7:31 PM

Apr 2010
kinda of an absurd punishment for what i can only see as a small insult...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Dec 15, 2011 9:16 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, THINK before you post. People don't think enough when you post on the Internet. It can have way worse consequences then said in real life -_-
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 15, 2011 10:14 PM

Apr 2009
Insulting Hocchan, of all people? Her fans aren't going to let this slide. I know I won't.
Dec 15, 2011 10:22 PM

Sep 2009
Shouldn't have posted it but it's not like he started dropping names. I think the response is a bit too harsh. He's gonna have hard time getting back on his feet in the industry after this one.
Dec 15, 2011 11:09 PM
Sep 2009
Yup, this is what happens when you're a dumbass who doesn't know what professionalism is. He ruined his career because he didn't know how to act in public, and it's completely his fault. He brought this upon himself, luls...

I don't see how anyone could be so dumb ;_;
Dec 15, 2011 11:13 PM

Apr 2011
He really shouldn't have said that, knowing the legions of people that adore Hocchan, like me.
Harsh reaction, but that's life in the entertainment industry over there, isn't it?
Dec 15, 2011 11:13 PM

Aug 2008
While I think destroying his career is a little bit too harsh, I was very upset that he chose to attack Horie Yui, of all the seiyuu. She is one of the most prolific and most talented seiyuu out there. I have also seen Horie-san in person at the Los Angeles Anime Expo two years back, and I can honestly say that she's very passionate and friendly about her work. I have no idea what he's talking about by calling her "cheap".

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 15, 2011 11:20 PM
Sep 2009
guyklc said:
While I think destroying his career is a little bit too harsh, I was very upset that he chose to attack Horie Yui, of all the seiyuu. She is one of the most prolific and most talented seiyuu out there. I have also seen Horie-san in person at the Los Angeles Anime Expo two years back, and I can honestly say that she's very passionate and friendly about her work. I have no idea what he's talking about by calling her "cheap".

WHAT?! YOU'RE SO LUCKY, I AM A HUGE FAN OF HERS.

My dream is see all of my favorite seiyuu before I die...........and while I'm young. D:
Dec 15, 2011 11:33 PM

Aug 2008
Not a huge fan of her but damn that was insulting. He shouldn't have specified a seiyu
Although I don't get why the whole band should suspend their activity, that's a bit too much.
Dec 15, 2011 11:56 PM

Jul 2009
I have been seeing interviewers from this kind of magazines since I began to work for an anime. (A picture of Horie Yui on the cover of Seiyu Grand Prix magazine was inserted.) All the seiyu have 'seiyu-ish' looking. They look "less than an idol" or kinda cheap if not deteriorated. They are like Universal Studios Japan if an idol corresponds to Tokyo Disneyland. I don't say it's good or bad. It's a matter of taste.

This made me rage щ(゚Д゚щ)
Kagura89Dec 16, 2011 12:07 AM
Dec 16, 2011 12:52 AM

Aug 2006
Corsair857 said:
i think people are missing the bigger point why the fuck would they be like oh you talked a little shit well fuck you and your whole band..... i think its ridiculous they would end everything over that.

ONLY IN JAPAN!

This. If this happened over something like this in any other country, there would be no one left in the entertainment industry. Everyone would have been fired.

Cashdaxxx said:
Freedom of Expression ≠ Freedom to Insult Anyone. Therefore he's done. (Too bad for his bandmates though).

Normally I would agree 100% with this. In fact, I've aggressively argued this point before. Except usually it's at someone who's being way bigger of an asshole. Frankly, I don't really get what the big deal is.

enerjak said:
i can say this: XD what did you think you would achieve by insulting a legend, XD. if you throw a rock up in the sky and try hitting a angel. of course the rock will fall back down and hit you on the face xP

This is stupid. People insult legends all the time. Maybe if the situation were reversed I can see it being a bigger deal. People usually get upset when the big guy picks on the little guy. But when the singer of some vk band no one's ever heard of that looks and sounds exactly like every other vk band says something about... well, what you described as a legend? That's stupid. Why does anyone give a crap? I can see maybe if there was a direct link between the two, like she was doing a voice in said anime, or they both worked for the same company, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I can even buy them getting canned from doing the OP, considering Horie Yui is so well established, but cancelling all their stuff and breaking up? Seriously? Is there any connection here at all? I Googled the band and apparently they're signed (or were) to some subsidiary of Sony Music. Is any of Horie Yui's music or any of the anime she's in released by a Sony-related company? I kind of doubt it.

Edit: never mind, Horie Yui's record company has a distribution deal with (but is not owned by) Sony. Still pretty damn tenuous. Meh, nothing with Sony surprises me anymore. They suck.
therubiconDec 16, 2011 12:55 AM
Dec 16, 2011 1:00 AM
Sep 2010
bad bad bad...
regardless if of whoever the seiyu is, he still doesn't have the right to say such things...
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/jcyui&sclick=1">

~Yui~

black_faerie

Dec 16, 2011 1:57 AM

Oct 2011
Woah! I listen to Jinkaku Radio. Yuki's a really funny guy and I didn't expect really expect this from him.. :/ Kinda sad cause I really like Yui Horie as well..
Dec 16, 2011 3:27 AM
Dec 2011
Big fuss over nothing!
Dec 16, 2011 5:25 AM

May 2009
I've been reading this over and over, trying to make out the point of it all, and I can't.
Was he trying to pick on her exclusively? Does he just have a thing against VA?
I looked up this band and thought nothing of his looks. If anything, same could be said about him being a generic look for those types of bands.

I just don't get it.
Dec 16, 2011 7:16 AM

Aug 2010
Well. I guess the guy deserved it.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 16, 2011 7:19 AM

May 2009
Knil said:
Seems like an appropriate response. Don't say bad things about Minorin.

my first thought exactly, although there were a lot more swear words included^^
Dec 16, 2011 7:46 AM

Dec 2009
Did he actually think a public insult would go off unpunished? He should feel lucky Horie-san didn't sue him.
Also, for a seyuu talent is far more important than looks but Horie-san doesn't lack any of them. (why pick her of all?)
Dec 16, 2011 7:49 AM

Jul 2009
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
I don't see how this is so insulting or why anyone cares.
The one thing that bugs me here is that a voice actor's looks are relevant at all, but I guess that can't be helped.

this. Seriously..."ruining career" for attacking someone? Grow up people. And its just over who he attacked? What if it had been a lesser known person?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2011 8:03 AM

Apr 2007
Denmark-Chan said:
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
The one thing that bugs me here is that a voice actor's looks are relevant at all, but I guess that can't be helped.

this. Seriously..."ruining career" for attacking someone? Grow up people. And its just over who he attacked? What if it had been a lesser known person?

No one would have cared in the least if it was a lesser known person.
This thread is so full of hypocrisy and idiocy, I can't freaking take it.
Dec 16, 2011 8:21 AM

Jul 2010
Yui Horie: I will not be crushed by Jinkaku Radio.

Didnt know she played Masako in Penguins. She's pretty awesome lol
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Dec 16, 2011 8:37 AM

Apr 2010
Sarukah said:
Denmark-Chan said:
NyuuuuSaaaan said:

If she was a lesser known person, then maybe the statement would have had more truth!

Dec 16, 2011 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
WHO INSULTS HORIE YUI?! Shes so nice...
Dec 16, 2011 10:37 AM

Jan 2011
zansabarshadow said:
Yui Horie: I will not be crushed by Jinkaku Radio.

Didnt know she played Masako in Penguins. She's pretty awesome lol

She prohably read this and thought "Gosh, I must crush him soon."
[center]
Dec 16, 2011 11:46 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Sarukah said:
Denmark-Chan said:
NyuuuuSaaaan said:

The problem is, he's insulting people directly related to his sponsors. It's like you make a contract and then offend the people in charge of your contracts. Expect to lose that contract.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 16, 2011 12:21 PM

Apr 2010
Horie Yui? Who's that again?
Dec 16, 2011 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
Solkiskey said:

http://myanimelist.net/people/28/Yui_Horie

there you go man.
I also, didn't know who she were, and finding out she voiced Chie in P4A and Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari was quite surprising.
Dec 16, 2011 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Looking at her MAL profile... and WOW! She's quite the prolific voice actor, isn't she?
Wow... She played Naru? She did an excellent job!
Dec 16, 2011 3:57 PM

May 2010
Don't insult seiyuu.
Dec 16, 2011 4:22 PM

May 2011
Aiyaaa~ wh-why?...
Dec 16, 2011 4:22 PM

May 2011
oh well...
brave man are brave...
Dec 16, 2011 4:25 PM

Jun 2009
Solkiskey said:

not funny you prick!
better take off that PERSONA 4 thing on your Avy or Sig if you don't know Horie Yui!
Dec 16, 2011 4:44 PM

Nov 2007
-Erikku- said:
He deserved what he got.
the saying is the other way around.

also who really gives a fucking shit it's his own opinion and he's entitled to it. big fuzz about nothing. fuck horie yui and toradora.
Dec 16, 2011 5:25 PM
Jan 2010
^ If you're a professional seiyuu and you said this in public or on Twitter, omae wa mou shindeiru.
Dec 16, 2011 6:50 PM

Jul 2007
IZUMI64 said:
Solkiskey said:

not funny you prick!
better take off that PERSONA 4 thing on your Avy or Sig if you don't know Horie Yui!

This post made me laugh xD Even more considering your avy, Izumi.
Nice one. QFT.
Dec 16, 2011 7:15 PM

Apr 2010
Metroid said:
-Erikku- said:
He deserved what he got.

also who really gives a fucking shit it's his own opinion and he's entitled to it. big fuzz about nothing. fuck horie yui and toradora.

Actually he's not entitled to it if he signs a contract with an agency that also represents Yui Horie. Bashing the other bands or people that work for the agency is one of the biggest No-Nos you can do in the industry.

Dec 16, 2011 9:10 PM

Dec 2011
that's what you get for having a sharp tongue just to sound "COOL". of course there's nothing wrong expressing your own opinion but there's a limit for everything.
Dec 16, 2011 10:58 PM
Dec 17, 2011 1:30 AM

Aug 2009
Obviously deserving. Why take a shoot at famous seiyuu on goddemn fuckin tweeter? What an idiot.
Metroid said:
-Erikku- said:
He deserved what he got.

You call that opinion? I call that arrogance.
ringoo4Dec 17, 2011 2:18 AM
Dec 17, 2011 4:05 AM

Mar 2009
Kvakond said:
Put on the durama..
and more durama..

So.Much.Durama.
This whole ordeal is hilarious, but sad too on many levels.
108s9001Dec 17, 2011 4:09 AM

Dec 17, 2011 4:13 AM
Dec 2007
Well he's right that seiyuus sometimes seem a little "artificial" (pretending to be younger than their age and acting all cute and stuff so that they appeal to the otakus etc. etc.) but goddammit, that's the nature of the whole industry. And seriously, Jinkaku Radio doesn't "look" that classy either. Everyone in the showbusiness tries to appeal to their fans and if the dude's so bothered by seiyuus and their "cheap" appearance why does he want to work for anime and make money through anime at all. Speaking your mind is alright, but that comment was simply sort of stupid and phoney. And to pick Horie Yui of all people as an example for "cheap" and "deteriorated". There are better examples to get his point across.
Dec 17, 2011 4:21 AM

Sep 2011
I admit Yui Horie doesn't really have good looks, but... this is just too far, Mr. Singer.
Dec 17, 2011 6:56 AM

Apr 2010
Fukiri said:
IZUMI64 said:
Solkiskey said:

not funny you prick!

Nice one. QFT.

You guys are reacting as if she was called a whore and all that.

All this is pure overreaction.

Fanboys these days.
Dec 17, 2011 8:12 AM

Sep 2011
IZUMI64 said:
Solkiskey said:

not funny you prick!

Why are you so butthurt man?
Dec 17, 2011 11:28 AM

May 2011
Of all people to post about... *face-palm*

I didn't think it was too bad, but hey, he should know by now that anyone in this kind of industry needs to tread carefully if they wanna stay there. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it goes, so it was definetly expected. Too bad.
Dec 17, 2011 5:05 PM

Feb 2010
Solkiskey said:
Fukiri said:
IZUMI64 said:
Solkiskey said:

not funny you prick!

Nice one. QFT.

Fanboys these days.
Cool story bro.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 18, 2011 3:18 AM

Aug 2006
Cashdaxxx said:
Solkiskey said:
Fukiri said:
IZUMI64 said:
Solkiskey said:

not funny you prick!

Nice one. QFT.

Fanboys these days.
Cool story bro.

Haha, I don't think you get to say cool story bro when the person you're saying it to commented on something directly related to the subject of the thread. Obviously you care one way or another or you wouldn't be in this thread.

But seriously, the amount of fanboy rage in this thread is pretty sad. When did we all start taking anime so seriously?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.