MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Theme Song Singer of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Spoils His Career By Insulting Horie Yui
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Theme Song Singer of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Spoils His Career By Insulting Horie Yui

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
12-21-11, 1:55 AM

This was a HUGE price to pay. Imagine how much money and recognition the band lost due to this.

Stupid remark is REALLY stupid.

01-09-12, 2:52 PM

This seems like too much of an overreaction to me. I understand Horie Yui didn't do anything to deserve his comment, but some of you people are practically worshiping her. The guy even apologized to her afterwards. There's some truth in his words if anyone actually read them. It's a shame we won't get to hear their music, but I guess it can't be helped.

01-11-12, 12:54 AM

Well, we can see here. The insult is not really an insult or lighter compared to Western's way. Second, Yuki (?) actually apologize to anyone who felt insulted (including Yui's fans).

This actually a good thing to note since we are rarely saw anybody on the entertainment industry (or even politics) doing these kind of thing. Being delicate I mean.

01-11-12, 3:38 AM

My, my, why insult others in their own industry? :/

01-12-12, 9:26 PM

Deserves it for insulting Hocchan.

01-14-12, 11:30 AM

"No one messes with Horie Yui and gets away with it! He got what was coming to him. Asshole."

Comments like this are disgusting.

It was immediately removed and he apologised. This was a post on his blog, somewhere he should be allowed to voice his opinion. The post wasn't made to insult her but to comment on how the looks seiyuu seem to affect their careers. 'I don't say it's good or bad. It's a matter of taste.'

Everything he said perfectly valid and understandable. The problem was using her picture and even that would've been fine if he hadn't used the word 'cheap' or somewhat ironically, a seiyuu that wasn't so big an idol. Removing it from his blog and his apology should've been enough. Being dropped from the anime was harsh but still acceptable. Anything more than that is stupid and unreasonable. Including the comments from people on here. Especially ones like 'he should die', even if they don't mean it literally.

A large amount of people on here seems far worse as people than this guy appears to be.

01-14-12, 11:34 AM

Aeyuin said:
"No one messes with Horie Yui and gets away with it! He got what was coming to him. Asshole."

It was immediately removed and he apologised. This was a post on his blog, somewhere he should be allowed to voice his opinion. The post wasn't made to insult her but to comment on how the looks seiyuu seem to affect their careers. 'I don't say it's good or bad. It's a matter of taste.'

Everything he said perfectly valid and understandable. The problem was using her picture and even that would've been fine if he hadn't used the word 'cheap' or somewhat ironically, a seiyuu that wasn't so big an idol. Removing it from his blog and his apology should've been enough. Being dropped from the anime was harsh but still acceptable. Anything more than that is stupid and unreasonable. Including the comments from people on here. Especially ones like 'he should die', even if they don't mean it literally.

A large amount of people on here seems far worse as people than this guy appears to be.

Literally saying Yui Horie bashing is acceptable

01-14-12, 11:47 AM

Literally saying, his comment wasn't a personal attack at her and being a prick shouldn't vary in its reception by how popular the victim is. I didn't really go into whether I thought it was an ok or bad thing for him to do because that was beside my point and thus according to your logic, that means I'm saying it's acceptable? You're fallacious argument aside, I think his opinion was his own but using specific people as an example wasn't as it could be quite upsetting.

01-16-12, 10:04 AM

He just "stated the obvious"
but sometimes you can be screwed by just "stating the obvious" depending on your position.
And although it is obvious that seiyuus look less than an idol, he should've chosen a much younger seiyuu(at least under 25) as an example for a fair comparison.
There might be some idol stars whose moms are born in the same year as Horue Yui.

01-16-12, 12:32 PM

ddiddo said:
but sometimes you can be screwed by just "stating the obvious" depending on your position.
And although it is obvious that seiyuus look less than an idol, he should've chosen a much younger seiyuu(at least under 25) as an example for a fair comparison.
There might be some idol stars whose moms are born in the same year as Horue Yui.

What? Even younger than her? She's just 17!

01-16-12, 1:03 PM

NyuuuuSaaaan said:
I don't see how this is so insulting or why anyone cares.
The one thing that bugs me here is that a voice actor's looks are relevant at all, but I guess that can't be helped.

i totally agree to this. honestly, i've never cared how the seiyuus look in real life..
well, "cheap" might be insulting to someone but hey- that's life, just get over it. not everyone's going to like you or your looks. and well, i think it's perfectly fine that way. though i have to say i value respect a lot and calling someone "cheap" isn't very wise. well, he "learned it the hard way" now but i still think it's y too much..

01-16-12, 1:44 PM

Sury said:
Sure, everyone may have his own opinion, but when it comes to insults, you should, when to keep it for yourself. Not only did he insult everyone in the business, but posting a picture of one of the most famous ones, was simply an act of disrespect. The punishment may seem harsh, but honestly he can be happy, if he still can walk the streets without getting beaten up by millions of angry fans.

mrghost_00 said:
I admit Yui Horie doesn't really have good looks, but... this is just too far, Mr. Singer.

I think you need better glasses, she's an absolute cutie.

She looks absolutely creepy based on her pic on here. But then the angle does seem to have a big difference with her... she looks like a cutie pie from some but at other times she's definitely a double-bagger... but it escapes me why the looks of a voice actor or a musician should matter at all...

01-16-12, 1:57 PM

Lasciel said:
She looks absolutely creepy based on her pic on here. But then the angle does seem to have a big difference with her... she looks like a cutie pie from some but at other times she's definitely a double-bagger...

I find her fairly cute for her age, but the way her mouth is tightly closed in every image I've ever seen of her comes off as a little strange. It's something you expect to see once in a while, but not all the time (and I follow a couple seiyuu image blogs/tumblers so I see a lot of Hocchan images, she's one of the most frequently photographed seiyuu alive). Not sure if she's lacking confidence in her teeth (I've never seen them so I wouldn't know!), or if it's just a habit no photographer has pointed out, or what.

but it escapes me why the looks of a voice actor or a musician should matter at all...

When they're purely in the realm of voice acting, it doesn't. Most minor seiyuu will come and go without any of us knowing what they look like. But big seiyuu are usually also doing photobooks, live concerts, magazine spreads etc., where for better or worse good looks are valued, and part of the path to success. With so many aspiring seiyuu and a limited number of prominent roles, self-promotion is important. Gather fans, and roles will follow, because everyone wants to cast a Toyosaki Aki or Yuuki Aoi or Hanazawa Kana or Taketatsu Ayana.

While I do appreciate a good looking seiyuu (I'm a straight guy who appreciates cute 20-something Japanese girls, what can I say?), their performances always come first. Sawashiro Miyuki is my god, and she's... well, not unattractive, but she's not exactly Hanazawa Kana or Kotobuki Minako either. Doesn't matter though, because she's the most incredibly talented individual I've ever had the honor to be a fan of.
Modified by jmal, 01-16-12, 2:02 PM
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

01-19-12, 12:33 AM

Sury said:
ddiddo said:

What? Even younger than her? She's just 17!

Who is 17? Horie Yui is 35 years old. Not much of an idol at that age, I agree if he want an idol seiyuu to compare he should take the young seiyuus like HanaKana or Yuuki Aoi.

01-19-12, 8:19 AM

neurogal91 said:
Who is 17? Horie Yui is 35 years old.

It's a well-known running gag started by Inoue Kikuko. She would always joke that she's still 17 years old, and many other seiyuu have joined in on the joke and declared themselves forever 17 as well.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

02-02-12, 3:25 AM

Aeyuin said:

A million times this. I'm surprised to see how MAL users react so angrily over a minor remark. That guy's carrer is probably over, and you say that "he should die" and that "he deserves this"? You guys are more immature than I believed.

02-02-12, 3:28 AM

The punishment seems a bit harsh really.

02-02-12, 11:25 AM

Uguu for him.

02-06-12, 9:18 PM

Japanese believe in accountability. Getting fired is better than what they used to do..Seppuku. This type of response is extremely normal in Japan. I'm surprised that the singer is dumb enough to make a comment like that, especially with the way social media is now.

03-20-12, 10:07 AM

Butthurt.
Guess people can't have opinions.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices