MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mirai Nikki (TV) »» Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (4) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 »
Poll: Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion


12-12-11, 7:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
maarsaalis said:
Wasabi said:
The first half of the episode was terrible too. Minene's character is being completely destroyed here. She's turned into a completely cliché tsundere.
a cliche tsundere are characters like Taiga from Toradora or Louise from Zero no Tsukaima.
Well said indeed. I though there was something off with the cliche and you nailed it. Minene does not have any of the cliche of Louise and such. In fact I did not see a girl like Minene since ever. Tsundere +UNO bomber alike personality. No way, not seen before.

It's like MOE + Terrorism. Not really seen it before in a girl like that. Sheesh, I saw like over 800 animes, so I don't remember myself really.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
12-12-11, 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 36
I actually like the fact that the show is mixing together tropes to create characters. It makes them seem more than being 1 dimensional your usual characters in shows.

Its one off the things that attracted the Manga to me in the first place..there are plenty of likable characters in the show. Even Unlikable characters became likable characters as the manga kept moving forward.

Yuno is the Queen of Yandere, but at this point I really feel as if her cute persona is just front to look good in-front of Yuki...her real self is when she gets all serious.
 
12-12-11, 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 148
Very awesome episode. The ending was creepy. Only thing I disliked was the new OP. The piano was to overpowering and really destroyed the mood.
 
12-12-11, 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 24
Yuki better not fall in love with yuno or do something else stupid.
 
12-12-11, 10:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 636
Bloodfox1222 said:
Yuki better not fall in love with yuno or do something else stupid.

Well, I've got bad news for you...

 
12-12-11, 10:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 136
Oh Minene you are fabulous~ ♥ Such a great character!

And Akise just appears, brings forth epicosity and leaves again. This guy... *q*

A very nice episode but what was with this incredibly loud piano in the OP and ED?! :O
I didn't match at all! Did it have some special meaning? ô.o
Modified by Kami565, 12-12-11, 12:19 PM
When the chips are down at least Izaya still loves you.
 
12-12-11, 10:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
underMebius said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
Yuki better not fall in love with yuno or do something else stupid.

Well, I've got bad news for you...

I am okay with this. :'D
 
12-12-11, 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 24
Misuryu said:
underMebius said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
Yuki better not fall in love with yuno or do something else stupid.

Well, I've got bad news for you...

I am okay with this. :'D



Seriously people, Do you not notice how yuno is insane and had corpses in her house?
 
12-12-11, 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2124
Oh my god this episode was so WEIRD, but good at the same time. So..Yuno doesn't really know about the corpses or something now? Wonder how she messed with her memories..
 
12-12-11, 11:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1271
a good episode, i liked the second half more then the first. i didn't like the piano that was put over the top of the OP and the ED, spoilt it and for once i didn't actually listen to them.
Cake = :D
"apa" apachai's wise words
http://bit.ly/a5VFVB
 
12-12-11, 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 18
I thought the piano OP/ED was really annoying and I hope it doesn't become a pattern. Piano by itself was good, but it sounded terrible with the original music in the background. Pick one or the other. Other than that, the episode was decent. I was confused in the beginning but I found my way through. I liked the ending.
 
12-12-11, 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1324
Bloodfox1222 said:
Misuryu said:
underMebius said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
Yuki better not fall in love with yuno or do something else stupid.

Well, I've got bad news for you...

I am okay with this. :'D



Seriously people, Do you not notice how yuno is insane and had corpses in her house?

THANK YOU!
 
12-12-11, 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
There's nothing wrong with hiding a -few- corpses in your room.. Don't you have some corpses just laying around in your closet?
 
12-12-11, 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 24
Misuryu said:
There's nothing wrong with hiding a -few- corpses in your room.. Don't you have some corpses just laying around in your closet?


I'm not crazy or madly in love with someone.
 
12-12-11, 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1679
How much of a loser does it make me if I want a poster of Yuno in her wedding-dress? :-|

Was the first half in the manga, I can't remember it at all.

"Afro, yo, yo!" hahaha

 
12-12-11, 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 67
I'm not certain if this is correct or not, but I seem to be watching a version of this episode where the opening and parts of the show have been poorly dubbed over with piano and extra voices, it gives me a headache and I haven't been able to get 5 minutes into this episode w/out turning it off.

Is it just me? Or am I just going to have to miss this episode?

NVM NVM!!! I just figured it out after forcing myself to watch. That was one hell of an ordeal for my ears, hopefully this is an isolated event.
Modified by GyozaEatsOtaku, 12-12-11, 3:08 PM
 
12-12-11, 3:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 113
Nice piano piece for OP & ED.

Loving Tsundere Miene <333
She is darn cute when she wants to be. I think she actually likes/has feelings for that one detective.

Yuno lost her memory? #facepalm

AKISE ARU IN YUNO'S HOUSE WTF?
 
12-12-11, 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 8
I like the piano opening/ending but didn't like the overlap of the normal opening/ending.

but overall really enjoy this episode hurray for fake wedding part was really looking forward to this part. But bit worried about the part after the 4th arc as to how they will make/pull it off.
 
12-12-11, 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 441
Sad, only upload on nyaa atm has trololol audio
Gotta wait a while or search the endless pit called the internet (ie few clicks and type ins but im really that lazy)

If you give a review of mine a helpful, god saves a kitten.
 
12-12-11, 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2161
Yumekichi11 said:
maarsaalis said:
Wasabi said:
The first half of the episode was terrible too. Minene's character is being completely destroyed here. She's turned into a completely cliché tsundere.
a cliche tsundere are characters like Taiga from Toradora or Louise from Zero no Tsukaima.
Well said indeed. I though there was something off with the cliche and you nailed it. Minene does not have any of the cliche of Louise and such. In fact I did not see a girl like Minene since ever. Tsundere +UNO bomber alike personality. No way, not seen before.

It's like MOE + Terrorism. Not really seen it before in a girl like that. Sheesh, I saw like over 800 animes, so I don't remember myself really.
I wonder if she is really showing her "girly" side? Those tsundere moments seems like all acting to me. By giving a moe side, Minene immediately got Nishijima on her side making her win against Third. Also, Nishijima brought his guard down because of it thats why he got shot afterwards.
 
12-12-11, 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
DenjaX said:
Yumekichi11 said:
maarsaalis said:
Wasabi said:
The first half of the episode was terrible too. Minene's character is being completely destroyed here. She's turned into a completely cliché tsundere.
a cliche tsundere are characters like Taiga from Toradora or Louise from Zero no Tsukaima.
Well said indeed. I though there was something off with the cliche and you nailed it. Minene does not have any of the cliche of Louise and such. In fact I did not see a girl like Minene since ever. Tsundere +UNO bomber alike personality. No way, not seen before.

It's like MOE + Terrorism. Not really seen it before in a girl like that. Sheesh, I saw like over 800 animes, so I don't remember myself really.
I wonder if she is really showing her "girly" side? Those tsundere moments seems like all acting to me. By giving a moe side, Minene immediately got Nishijima on her side making her win against Third. Also, Nishijima brought his guard down because of it thats why he got shot afterwards.
Indeed it looks like a ruse towards Nishijima buddy however there were some parts where she was not acting. A little hard to spot because Minene does use these tactics as a terrorist but there a few moments where she was herself. Namely the part where she changes clothing.

There is a slight difference when Minene fakes it and not. Hard to spot but it's there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
12-12-11, 9:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1878
ok then um say this ep yea let say it was uh i don't know give spilt into 2 parts

give we got

yuno digging a hole.
uryu making bombs look at her dress so flashback with battle with 3rd.
during the battle she fall meet young cop decective got cuff & run with him with murmur doing dubbing on it.
of course some hmm give lol got splash by toilet water & here the dress.
3rd got big sound flashbang blast by uryu while after that she shoot the cop give he also wearing a vest & notice murmur dubbing give uryu past is very messed.

yuki waiting for aru it was yuno cause aru set them to a bridal fair date.
yea give sorta fine give yuno in wedding dress yea yuki uh-oh with lead practice marriage.
after got yuno house there aru & big hole yuno going like "yuno-hiding" something.
oh cop dairy now plan to arrest yuki & yuko oh young cop decective is there as meeting.

murmur extra on uryu with many hair styles from topknot, swilry blonde, cop dairy's hairstyle?!, afro hair yo yo, samurai, & baldy.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
 
12-12-11, 9:54 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 70
My review on episode 10. ( have not read the manga because I actually enjoyed the twists this was taking like the surprise I get every week)

I did not like how the episode started. We are left with a great plot twist at the end of the last one with 4th killing the dog diary owner, and the episode picks up like that didnt happen. Even a scene of shock or a flashback to at least acknowledge this would've been great.

That being said, I did like the Minene backstory inclusion. She is a character that did not have a lot of depth or development and I found to be one dimensional, which I personally dislike. So to get some information on her and see how she interacted with someone else was good. We also got some info on third who was never really developed at all and a good explanation for how Minene found Yuki and why she was in the area to begin with.

I can see why some people disliked the tsundere scenes with her, but I think (remember I have not read the manga so please no spoilers) that the relationship she has with this detective will play a role later on. This is supported by the fact that he is alive at the end of the episode and the idea of 4th getting her cell phone number and not killing her when he had the chance. I also wonder why he didnt eliminate Yuki and Yuno when he had the chance, but I assume it was so that they could eliminate diary owners for him.

After reading this chapter in the manga (I realize that they do address the plot twist of the last chapter which makes me happy and realize that it was prolly just cut due to budget and or run time issues)

Moving on

Akise manipulates Yuki and Yuno to go on a wedding date. I know many people are complaining about not showing the scene where Akise sneaks into the house early in the episode, but I found it unnecessary as it was fairly obvious why he did it when he appeared at the end. I find that to be a bit nitpicky as it wasn't really skipping over a major point.

The wedding date with Yuki and Yuno was great. I personally loved the development of the relationship between Yuki and Yuno. It begins with Yuno is bad, and goes to wow yuno is pretty, but I still can't date her because of what she did, to finally I want to fall for Yuno and I'll just forget about all of the bad things I saw in that room. This is a BIG step in the development of Yuki. He no longer sees Yuno as the "crazy stalker killer chick." Instead he acknowledges those things, but also starts to find things about Yuno that he loves (her beauty, commitment to him, love for him). Ultimately he decided to let her features overcome her faults in his eyes. I loved how it wasn't a 180 decision either, but was a conclusion he questioned and decided to come to.

Enter Yuno's house and Yuki finds Akise who reveals his plot and a Giant Hole in the ground. I can only assume from the beginning of the episode that Yuno was burying the corpses, as they are gone from the room at the end of the episode, but I question as to why such a large hole (although Yuno is nutty, she is also very smart and I doubt that she would go to such an extreme without a reason). The other question I have was whose corpses were those? Yes I know this chapter in the manga insinuates the corpses are those of the parents, but I feel like there's more to it than just that. Is it possible that they are other victims of Yuno's affections? Who knows? But I feel there is more to that than meets the eye.

The final real twist we get this episode is Yuno seemingly forgetting Yuki had visited the house before. Was she pretending? If she really is as mentally unstable as Akise believes and falsified her own memories, what was the trigger. Up to this point, we have seen Yuno with Yuki the whole time for the most part. She visited him directly after he ran out of the house after seeing the corpses. So why now?

The episode ends with 4th ordering the arrest of Yuki and Yuno after he is revealed as the killer to them in the last episode. The appearance of the detective from the beginning of the episode suggest to me that we will be seeing Minene in the next few episodes ie this arc.

Overall i give this episode 4/5. It wasn't a masterpiece, but I felt that it was well done.
 
12-12-11, 10:42 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 49
scytheboy13 said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
Misuryu said:
underMebius said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
Yuki better not fall in love with yuno or do something else stupid.

Well, I've got bad news for you...

I am okay with this. :'D



Seriously people, Do you not notice how yuno is insane and had corpses in her house?

THANK YOU!

Yuki is doing the right thing by staying with Yuno. If you want to know what happens when he doesn't wait until the next arc. Also remember the word "chair"
 
12-12-11, 11:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3155
so the cop is FINALLY going to betray them...
 
12-12-11, 11:28 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 441
Man.

2nd torrent had trololol audio.

People need to learn how to turn off interleaving when they edit/compress/convert shitt.

Jesus H Christ.
And the op sounds terrible

If you give a review of mine a helpful, god saves a kitten.
 
12-12-11, 11:46 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2417
Tsundere Minene. Me wants despite how cliche it is.
And Deus Ex Machina's last line = GAR and MANLY.
OP in Piano was good btw.
 
12-12-11, 11:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 215
Eh, episode was okay. Minene and fake wedding parts were kind of boring, but the last couple of minutes were interesting.
 
12-13-11, 12:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2834
Good episode, not the most thrilling episode but that will be made up for in the following arc so i don't mind it; I'm guessing they will take about two episodes on the 4th arc; kind of makes me wonder what people who haven't read the manga will think about Yuno around episode 13 if that estimated pacing is actually correct.

how would somehow handle that situation... do you go alone with the Yandere, or try to resist at your own peril? Yuki is spineless but his scenario isn't easy all the same.
 
12-13-11, 12:47 AM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3831
Considering the Yandere has saved your life a number of times I don't think there is any question but to go. In a world filled with faceless strangers who are actively targeting you for murder, she seems like about the only one you can trust. It seems clear that the detective is manipulating both Yuki and Yuno (and Minene as well for that matter) to identify and eliminate other diary owners.

Ah Yuki....if only you lived in a world where you hadn't found those bodies it would all be so easy......
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac
 
12-13-11, 1:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 22
Filler eps with 5 minutes of notable canon are the worst kind of filler eps.

go all or nothing
 
12-13-11, 4:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 267
Minene! <3 so lovely ;D


 
12-13-11, 5:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2005
Vento said:
Minene! <3 so lovely ;D


We, us real men that is-- have true taste in our women. Brofist for the eyepatch!


But seriously, the first part was absolutely hilarious. I loved how deus sounded like he was on the verge of facepalming when he heard Murmur go on about shoujo. Lmao.
 
12-13-11, 7:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
Ameko01 said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I taught they'll just adapt 2 chapters from 4th's Arc but to put this flashback from Mosaic here was really good idea especially for later parts of the story. The only thing that bothers me now: most fitting part to end the first half of the story would be the end of Kidnapping arc but I dunno if they could adapt 4th and Kidnapping arcs in just 3 eps which left.

Only 3 episodes left? You are aware that the series is going to be 26 episodes long right?


You are aware that up until like... very early yesterday there was only the number"13" on most websites,right?
Chill, it was 13, now it is 26.
Some people are not aware yet. No need to be condecending.
Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! -Frohike
 
12-13-11, 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 65
Some people think Minene ruined her character with the overly tsundre act, but i actually think that was quite good, it gave in to the cuteness some of the girls have. I'm actually kind of disappointed that Yuno's character in the anime doesn't have as much of the 'cutely in-love' as it did in the manga. I mean sure, she's a yandre, but one half of the yandre was actually /cute/ in the manga. I'm also disappointed in Yuki's weakness and voice, sure he was pretty weak in the manga, but they made it even more so here and even gave him a /female/ voice actor?
So I like how they tried to add in the girls' cuteness in this episode, it brings you back to how Yuno /does/ have a sweet side and explains why Minene wore the dress in episode 2. It also shows how Minene can be cute yet deadly at the same time, the cute being her inner-girlyness.
 
12-13-11, 8:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2861
Episode was good and some good scenes also :D
What I doesn't like was piano on Opening it was just horrible..
But I love Episode like I always do with Mirai Nikki, because of Yuno :)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…"
 
12-13-11, 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 24
If yuki hadn't found the bodies that does not mean they wouldn't of been there. It changes nothing.
 
12-13-11, 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Bloodfox1222 said:
If yuki hadn't found the bodies that does not mean they wouldn't of been there. It changes nothing.


It changes a lot. Before he saw those, Yuno was a little crazy to him, but at least he knew she was just trying to protect him and didn't have any reason to distrust her.

But then he sees those bodies, realises that her insanity runs deeper than he thought, and then she wont tell him anything about it. It destroys the image of her that he had, and he loses all trust in her (for a while, at least). It's something that is always going to be there in the back of his mind.
 
12-13-11, 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 24
Anzekay said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
If yuki hadn't found the bodies that does not mean they wouldn't of been there. It changes nothing.


It changes a lot. Before he saw those, Yuno was a little crazy to him, but at least he knew she was just trying to protect him and didn't have any reason to distrust her.

But then he sees those bodies, realises that her insanity runs deeper than he thought, and then she wont tell him anything about it. It destroys the image of her that he had, and he loses all trust in her (for a while, at least). It's something that is always going to be there in the back of his mind.


But she would still be just as insane if he hadn't seen the bodies, Just he wouldn't be as aware.
 
12-13-11, 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Bloodfox1222 said:
Anzekay said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
If yuki hadn't found the bodies that does not mean they wouldn't of been there. It changes nothing.


It changes a lot. Before he saw those, Yuno was a little crazy to him, but at least he knew she was just trying to protect him and didn't have any reason to distrust her.

But then he sees those bodies, realises that her insanity runs deeper than he thought, and then she wont tell him anything about it. It destroys the image of her that he had, and he loses all trust in her (for a while, at least). It's something that is always going to be there in the back of his mind.


But she would still be just as insane if he hadn't seen the bodies, Just he wouldn't be as aware.


And that is exactly why it is so important. It's because he knows about it that it has changed things. Knowledge changes many things, and in this case the effects are complex, dramatic and still not yet completely revealed.
 
12-13-11, 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1382
"Afro, yo, yo!" LULZ
I enjoyed this episode though there were some weird parts especially Yuno and Yukki at the marriage convention.
 
12-13-11, 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 293
I love Nishijima/Minene <3
That couple is wonderful and way too funny ^^
 
12-13-11, 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 173
Mirai Nikki is using the same music as Bakuman...

If you need a proof :

1) Take the first Episode of Bakuman 2 at 10:50.
2) And Mirai Nikki ep 10 at 07:30.

And it was already used in episode before, but I thought it was my imagination.
Modified by -Angy-, 12-13-11, 12:50 PM
 
12-13-11, 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
-Angy- said:
Mirai Nikki is using the same music as Bakuman...

If you need a proof :

1) Take the first Episode of Bakuman 2 at 10:50.
2) And Mirai Nikki ep 10 at 07:30.

And it was already used in episode before, but I thought it was my imagination.



lol
I did this when realizing ouran high school host club uses same music as death note sometimes.
So glad Im not the only one to do this >.>
Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! -Frohike
 
12-13-11, 3:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1213
I loved this epi
wonder when the next is coming
 
12-13-11, 7:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 24
Anzekay said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
Anzekay said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
If yuki hadn't found the bodies that does not mean they wouldn't of been there. It changes nothing.


It changes a lot. Before he saw those, Yuno was a little crazy to him, but at least he knew she was just trying to protect him and didn't have any reason to distrust her.

But then he sees those bodies, realises that her insanity runs deeper than he thought, and then she wont tell him anything about it. It destroys the image of her that he had, and he loses all trust in her (for a while, at least). It's something that is always going to be there in the back of his mind.


But she would still be just as insane if he hadn't seen the bodies, Just he wouldn't be as aware.


And that is exactly why it is so important. It's because he knows about it that it has changed things. Knowledge changes many things, and in this case the effects are complex, dramatic and still not yet completely revealed.


It merely changes his perception of her, Not her personality.
 
12-13-11, 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 28
Ahh sweet fan-service
 
12-13-11, 8:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1629
Didn't know about Mosaic (side story about Minene).
Good episode overall.

All my gifs are in my blog
 
12-14-11, 7:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 179
Cute Yuno is not psycho enough. Especially her in her wedding dress. Nuh.
I want to see the real creepy Yuno from the manga & the not so in love Yukki from the manga. both characters are way too mellowed down in the anime if you ask me.
But as a compensatory factor: Akise is more badass. Not sure if that's an improvement though XD since I kinda liked Akise for his not-superhuman, but still epic epicness.
For the rest of the part it was alright I guess, never liked this part of the manga very much.They really need to cut down on their use of MuruMuru though.
 
12-14-11, 8:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
zjz05 said:
Why is this anime not labeled comedy?

Because this isn't a comedy? ;')
 
Top
Pages (4) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy