MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 22 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mawaru Penguindrum »» Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 22 Discussion

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 22 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

170 81.34%
4 out of 5: Liked it

25 11.96%
3 out of 5: It was OK

10 4.78%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.96%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.96%
Voters: 209

12-09-11, 8:53 AM

PaninaManina's big fat message makes so little sense. Dude, there are blogs for that. I bet a very small number of people would've found my thoughts useful shall I start speaking Russian just because I'm "tired of English". -_-

As far as I see, not Himari was shoot, but the Princess inside her (the black and white naked girl shown). And Himari can't live on without Princess.

To be honest, that scene didn't move me at all. I love Himari, but it's her third Disney death already, and I'm so sure they'll find a way to bring her back again. And her prayers didn't make sense - Kanba told her she was the world to him and yet she still wished for death - that'll surely result in Kanba's suicide taking lives of many other people as well - so what has she reached? -_-

I felt sorry for #3, though. Her disappearing body looked so sad. Btw, that also proves Kanba is only wounded, not dead, because his penguin didn't even start to vanish.

Pretty sure Tabuki has died, but Masako didn't. It strangely doesn't make sense to me.

And yeah, I guess it's possible for Ringo to suddenly get a central place in a final episode and burn down in order to alter everyone's fates.
Modified by StarryKite, 12-10-11, 10:44 AM
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.

12-09-11, 9:15 AM

I think that the medicine just lost its potency, so her time was coming soon anyway. The shooting star thing was a flashier (haha) way of showing that.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.

12-09-11, 9:18 AM

Hmm, how does this sound
Kanba wakes up to find Masako dead (someone's gotta die sooner or later and her sacrifice is a nice one) as well as Himari.
Then he discovers a way to bring her back. Via Mario-san?
After all Mario is still a complete mystery but a link to the other world. If through Mario, they explain what the other world is, they might be able to revive Himari~
That's how i would see kanba being happy with Himari, people dying and an explanation and involvement of Mario

12-09-11, 10:29 AM

StarryKite said:
Pretty sure Tabuki has died, but Masako didn't. It strangely doesn't make sense to me.

Tabuki obviously isn't dead but I guess neither him nor your will be showing up again. Considering the title Masako might have died which probably opens up some storyline involving Mario in the next episode.

12-09-11, 11:37 AM

Ok, so she decide to by Kanba some time, I wonder if it's safe to assume that it's RIP for Masako now?

12-09-11, 12:13 PM

The ending was made clear thousands of years ago: obtaining Momoka's diary by Ringo and changing fate, in order to save the whole Takakura family and her own love.

12-09-11, 12:25 PM

great episode, wonder if she survives...

12-09-11, 12:54 PM

Again, still wondering how they're going to wrap this up.
And if the penguindrum really is the answer to everything

If you give a review of mine a helpful, god saves a kitten.

12-09-11, 1:16 PM

ONLY 2 MORE! ;___;

Please like my cosplay Facebook Fanpage ; u ; (I shall give you hugs if you do! ; 3 ;)

12-09-11, 2:19 PM

No!

12-09-11, 3:17 PM

I did not expect Masaka to do that.

12-09-11, 3:26 PM

Panina bagunçando o coreto hauehaeuhe

I don't know. I liked the show better when Ringo was crazy and stuff were less serious.

Because not that it IS serious, it's getting too cheesy. Oh, Himari, you are my everything. I won't forgive the world if you die... Oh brother dearest, you saved me from the dark so I'll give my life to save your murdering ass...

I kinda expected it, since Ikuhara likes the drama, but I was hoping for something more mature. A real dilemma or something like that.

The show is still far better than average, but it's going towards a very common end. I really hope that I'm wrong and they make something amazing.

I'd really like to have Kanba's app.

12-09-11, 4:41 PM

;__; ...This anime is bad for my health...

12-09-11, 5:22 PM

only 2 episode left NOOH EVIL!!

after ending Shouma in a box o_O need next ep NOW!

12-09-11, 5:43 PM

I teared up at that part with Masako. I used to dislike her, but she really grew on my these past episodes. ;_; I have a feeling the ending's not going to be a happy one, bittersweet at most.

12-09-11, 6:08 PM

AlexTrusk said:
Yumekichi11 said:
But that makes no sense and even less for how she ended up there and the next minute outside lying dead. If anything she should have been bleeding out like Kanba but strangely not.

This part will probably the most metamorphic part ever. It means we can have many interpretations but never really conclude exactly perhaps not even with the subs.

Well, she said, that she's willing to return everything that Kanba gave her, starting with her life, so her life was taken...
Just like that? That is truly astonishing regardless Kanba is down. Will what Himari did really save his life in peril as we last saw? That remains to be seen but as you say, it will be like that most likely. For her price was payed already. There would be no choice but to go with Himari's wish. Just that who did it? The Goddess? Surely since Sanetoshi might have been able to do this.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

12-09-11, 7:45 PM

"Iya da wa hayaku suritsubusanai to"
That was probably the first and last time I thought that this line was good.

I'm still laughing at people that complain about scene like when Himari offered up her life. This show has been a show made out of 70% symbolism since the start.

Here's my take on the show:

We are introduced to a family of three supposedly siblings child that had many big problem to deal with when they were young.
The three of them are strongly related to an underground terrorist organisation leaded by Souma's real parents.

According to the dialogue, people in the organisation are used and disposed off when they served their purpose, that's a reccuring thematic in this anime to show human's cupidity, another exemple would be the "child broyer" which represent the concept of discarding unwanted child.
Satenoshi is not a human and I beleive that he is the personification of greed, a being that exist in the heart of every human but does not physically exist.

Momoka was a generous girl that genuinely meant to help people, she was the complete opposite of a being like Satenoshi that drives people to be egoist. She helped people and healed their hearts... she was here. This is a new thematic that has been recurring in the last few episode ''People just want to be said that they are loved''

Momoka was killed in the incident ten year ago, she was a victim. Momoka's diary hold no power whatsoever, they contain the words of a girl in love, words that makes people remember that they are loved, words of hopes.
Momoka changed the fate of people by being by their sides, not by using a magic tricks, she changed other's people world but it was at her cost. If it was little cost to her to makes a friend cheer up, there's no way a small girl would be able to stop a terrorist organisation.
Still even though she is dead her words still live and are still able to move people, especially Ringo.

This show is basically trying to tell us that even though fate exist, it can be changed as long as genuinely like people near you.
I beleive that Ringo will be the key for an happy ending. She is the link that will draw back everyone in the family back together succeding Momoka without actually becoming her.

There is many way to understand this show as 85% of what the show tell us is only an illusion, a fantaisist way to approach a problem that is real.
I fear that those seeking real answer that will solve every mystery this anime has to offer will be very disapointed as it won't happen.
This show try to convey a message, if you are looking for sense then you are looking at the wrong place, from here on it's your take on it.

12-09-11, 7:48 PM

Nuuuu Masako!! I really like her pose in the end, it was the one from the first opening, but all back-lighted and stuff. She actually seems sane now that we know her reasons for stalking Kanba.

I wonder what this "curse" they keep on talking about is.

Sanetoshi is being a troll again, manipulating Kanba to do stuff to save Himari (even though she doesn't want him to do it). Kanba is probably in love with Himari, but I wonder why he's so cold towards Masako, maybe to keep her out of it I guess?

Shouma is being emo again, but it was his fault for kicking Himari out of the house, and thus she didn't get a chance to meet Double H. Speaking of whom, their voices sound really young XD I don't think they ever "betrayed" Himari. All they did was make their group without Himari for the talent show the next year, after Himari dropped out of school. I think Himari was hesitant to see them (and send the scarf) because she didn't know what to say to them, because she wasn't able to be part of the Triple H group.

Anyway, I love the scarfs in that scene, Ringo with the green one and Shouma with the purple one. I wonder if Himari made those too.

Himari "dying"... I don't know if I want it to be final, it was kind of anticlimactic (because nobody else was there, though I thought it's pretty cool how she collapsed at almost the same place as she did the first time), but at the same time, they already brought her back twice, it's starting to feel cheesy now. I get that Himari wants to save Kanba, but how is her dying going to save Kanba? He already made it clear that everything he's doing is to save her, so if she dies, he'll just get angry/sad/emo and not actually make him stop doing what he's doing....

Kanba's gone too far, killing without hesitation now (that is one convenient app XD). I feel bad for him, wonder if he'll get redemption. Though I laughed when he said "oh nobody will find us down here" and they got found out like 2 mins later.

As for Tabuki and Yuri, I felt sorry for them. I guess they got redeemed. The scene with Ringo walking away was very touching.

The actress who stabbed Tabuki (who has Ed Elric's voice, lol, cannot unhear), I wonder if she was the one who gave cash to Kanba? I thought she wore similar black trenchcoat as the guy who met Kanba there. Or maybe she just tailed Yuri and has nothing to do with the organization.

In the preview, I wonder what the cage Shouma is in is all about, is it metaphorical?
Modified by MapleRose, 12-09-11, 8:04 PM

12-09-11, 7:54 PM

As much as I love Himari, I wish she'd stay (for lack of a better term) dead now. ;_; They've killed her twice already, and bringing her back to life again is just... exhausting? Idk. It just loses its meaning.

I wonder if the diary's still important at this part of the series. Everyone has forgotten about the Penguin Drum, lol. What would be the point, then, if it suddenly pops out in the last two episodes?

Anyway, Masako just got so awesome. She's finally growing on me. :bd

EDIT: Ohmy, I forgot about Shouma in the last scene. Does him being in a box mean that he also isn't related to the Takakura parents? Hmm.

Can't wait for the next episode!
[insert awesome signature here]

12-09-11, 8:19 PM

So we are getting the EVA ending...

Or will Ringo get the chance to sacrifice herself in order to get a re-write of fate?

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices