Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 9, 2013 9:36 PM
Mar 2009
I like how the Penguins always reflect what the characters are going through.

Whaaaaaaaat. The person who stabbed Tabuki was that guy? LOL. Seems like Yuri and Tabuki are done with; no more revenge-seeking and no more fate transfer.

Wow, that is one ridiculous remote detonation control. Kanba is so gangster.

Holy shit. I thought Kanba would have died, but Masako sacrificed herself for him?! What?!?

And Himari. Did she really suddenly die just by "praying"?
Jun 5, 2013 7:04 AM

Nov 2012
this episode is really cool I like how kanba kill those police... lol how can 1 ball can kill that much people? even though it was in underground :/

oh love when double-h show up too! they are so cute :p
Jul 10, 2013 3:09 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, seems I was right about Sanetoshi and Kanba. Sanetoshi is the puppetmaster, regardless if he's still alive or not... he's the one manipulating everybody. Kanba holds a leading position in the Kiga Group, if not already its leader. Masako makes her grand... exit? Hopefully not, but chances of surviving an armed confrontation with police armed only with amnesia balls and her special slingshot is terribly slim.

Looks like Shouma really has more secrets to divulge. His origins will be explored next, I presume. Himari dies again for the third time. Still no trace of the hat or any mention about the Penguindrum...

Tabuki survived the stabbing by... Yuri's jealous lesbian lover. Yuri surrenders one half of Momoka's diary to Ringo, the first successor to her legacy. Is this a passing of the torch? Also, what happens now to the other half of the diary that was in Masako's possession?
Sep 1, 2013 10:06 PM

Jun 2012
God dammit, this episode tricked me! I swear I was giggling like a little girl when Double H finally showed up in person. I was looking forward to happy things, why does everything have to start falling apart near the end!? T.T

I love that Masako is going out flashily, but I don't want her to die that way, dammit. I don't even care that Kanba killed all those people, he's still a good person... but a little twisted. He's doing the only thing he knows possible to save his family... can't blame him for this mess he was forced into.

Have to admit a very small part of me laughed inside, when it was Yuri's play-toy ex-lover... and the way she exited, bit of a lol. Of course, I still hated that scene... I didn't think I'd care about either of those two, but I can't have Tabuki dying right as he and Yuri are so close to actual love.

I hope it wasn't implying at the end that Shouma will never amount to anything without Himari and Kanba. Dammit... all they had to do was find the Penguindrum, and they could've easily saved Himari, and none of this would've happened! Now Himari's going and trying to sacrifice herself. Fuck... two more episodes! Gosh... I must crush them soon.
Sep 23, 2013 10:13 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was an absolutely amazing episode. The dialogue between Kanba and Masako was so powerful.

I think a lot of people are trying to take things too literally; this anime is 50% symbolism. I don't really think that Momoka's diary can do anything truly magical. Only love can change a persons fate.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 12, 2014 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
I will be so upset if Masako dies, I feel so awful for her in general :c
May 17, 2014 10:51 AM

Aug 2007
Done with Kanba and his needless drama. He's just a murderer now. Masako was redeemed a bit and got some growth, which is good, but the writers obviously needed to stretch out the episode a bit so they threw in some dramatic stares and slow motion shots. Yawn. I'm just ready for this ending to happen.
May 24, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2011
I think Kamba's phone clock broke - it's 16:13 the whole episode. Or maybe he's secretly a time traveler or something, who knows?
May 31, 2014 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
Wow soooo much has changed since the first episodes... So, Kanba is now a mass murderer...
Aug 21, 2014 7:41 AM
Aug 2011
So the pink hair guy was making Kanba halucinate in the shop?
Aug 31, 2014 11:38 PM

Aug 2013
makarov52 said:
this episode is really cool I like how kanba kill those police

This is really disturbing -__-
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 15, 2015 2:55 AM
Jul 2011
I Am Confused! Might I Ask Is Himari One Of The Double H ?
Feb 28, 2015 10:59 AM
Mar 2013
I appreciate it so much that double H came to thank Himari for the scarves. That phone application is terrifying. He simply throws a bowling ball and it lances a bomb irl.
I fear that this will be a HAPPY END show... That would be very lame
Mar 15, 2015 7:26 PM

Apr 2014
lesbian chick gets her revenge!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 8:03 AM

Feb 2015
MASAKO, NOO!!!!

I really hope Masako can somehow get away! And Kanba.... no, just no! I hope he won't die and gets back to his senses. All that blowing up and killing... He's almost making me dislike his character and he's been my favourite this whole time. I fear that he won't have a happy ending, but I really wish he could have one.

And HimarixKanba moment <3 It was so cute, although it didn't change anything. Kanba, you must stop! Even Himari says so!
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

May 29, 2016 10:38 PM
Sep 2015
I don't even feel bad for Masako. She intentionally threw away her life protecting a terrorist. Here's hoping her sacrifice is rendered 100% meaningless with Kanba dying (hopefully after horrible suffering) before carrying out his plan.
Oct 21, 2016 8:24 AM

Jun 2016
kalinime said:
I don't even feel bad for Masako. She intentionally threw away her life protecting a terrorist. Here's hoping her sacrifice is rendered 100% meaningless with Kanba dying (hopefully after horrible suffering) before carrying out his plan.

I cant call that sacrifice as meaningless because she just wanted to protect her brother
Oct 21, 2016 6:08 PM
Sep 2015
2mainstream4u said:
kalinime said:

I cant call that sacrifice as meaningless because she just wanted to protect her brother

Protecting a terrorist who's on his way to do terrorist things is no different from being a terrorist yourself. Every life they take from that point on is a life you take. I don't care if they're your lover, sibling, parent, or child. No excuses.
Feb 14, 2017 2:37 PM

Jul 2014
Kanba is but a pawn, just to save himari even though she sacrificed herself eventually. Wonder how natsume will fend off the police while kanba group gets away...
Mar 26, 2017 5:06 AM

Feb 2016
Wait, did the penguin just bring out Yu-Gi-Oh cards at the end? XD
Apr 30, 2017 8:54 PM

Mar 2012
afraid this will end up as some kind of butterfly effect where the penguindrum takes them to the beginning, stops sanetoshi and all is good in the world again.

but then again it's ikuhara. i just don't know how they're gonna save kanba from this point.
and to be honest, i don't want him to be saved. not because i don't like him, but because i don't believe he should go on without being punished.
Nov 15, 2017 8:53 AM

Jan 2017
Is Himari going to be our new Monoka? Is she going to somehow save them all?

I can't believe it will actually end so bad, but i guess at the same time it makes it more real.

I felt the whole Masako story was left incomplete. Like, i hope we get answers and further development cause we can't forget Mario has a hat, and so, why Sanetoshi was trying to pull Masako in? What's gonna happen now?
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jun 3, 2019 11:08 AM

Mar 2018
Don't tell me Masako died to save that murderer.
Aug 13, 2019 7:55 AM

Aug 2017
Another great episode, everything is moving towards a dramatic finale. I loved the scene with Himari trying to convince Kamba to stop a lot. No. 3 was trying to distract No. 1 from reading the books about some distant worlds ("Space Odyssey") with the pictures of women, but to no effect. This mirrors Himari's behavior in the scene - she embraced Kamba, told him about her love. "Look at me! Stop!". Kamba ignored this though.
No. 1 is then seen reading Faust - a famous book about a doctor making a deal with the devil. This mirrors Kamba's relationship with Sanetoshi. I love these subtle details a lot.

Masako's supposed sacrifice (I hope she will survive though) was handled brilliantly. All the red color surrounding her, the gradual shots of her legs and arms moving upwards were incredible. Very emotional scene. The music and Masako's speech too.

----------

UPD: more than 1 year later, I still adore this scene. I've rewatched it countless times.
St0rmbladeOct 3, 2020 3:27 PM
Aug 23, 2019 10:15 AM
Sep 2015
Double H sound like kids.
Their voice is so young, I know they re-used the same voice actors but they could have pretended to have a more mature voice smh.

Kanba wants to save Himari by killing people and punishing the world. Makes sense
Oct 7, 2020 5:26 PM
Apr 2016
You like Kanba? FUCK KANBA, bro. Putting Himari in front of others can be seen as sweet in some scenarios, but fundamentally, stripped off the preface, it's void of any morality and as such devoid of any utilitarianism; and y'know, utilitarianism is as intuitive as it gets in ethics.
Feb 11, 2021 7:25 AM

May 2020
Masako sacrifices herself for a brother whose sacrificing himself for his "sister".

Also, it's kinda cool that a budget-saving measure like the stick figures instead of crowds would grow on me so much. I like it.
Sep 14, 2022 6:47 PM

Feb 2016
Penguindrum ain't missin with these episodes bruh fr.
My girl Masako went out like a OG getting ventillated like that especially to this track

With what Kanba's been doing on his darker path I don't see him making it by the end tbh.

And damn that actress bitch stabbed Tabuki big oof

Sanetoshi a sneaky mf but he's a cool as fuck villain I know he got something cooking up next episode

P.S That explosive bowling app looks fun as hell not gonna lie >.>
Jun 14, 2023 4:41 PM

Sep 2014
Kanba went from playboy to terrorist

Himari is dead?! Masako might be too??

This really became dark. We need the survival strategy now.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 26, 7:48 PM

Jul 2016
Masako completely dropping the obsessive yet affirmative ex-gf aura she had at the start for that of a concerned little sister pleading her big brother to quit going down a path that will doom him while he still can feels so off, and yet so genuine.

"Gosh, I must crush them soon."
Couldn't have thought of a more perfect final line for her. Really gonna miss her antics.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.