MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 22 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mawaru Penguindrum »» Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 22 Discussion

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 22 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

170 81.34%
4 out of 5: Liked it

25 11.96%
3 out of 5: It was OK

10 4.78%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.96%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.96%
Voters: 209

12-08-11, 10:35 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Himari's friends, W H!! They gave their CD for thanks to the scarves.

That suspicious pink hair guy is behind all the parents illusion...

Actress's partner attacked and the teacher covered her. She returned another half of the diary to Ringo.

So the secret place is in the underground. It's really hard to stop Kamba, and killed many people along the way. Both sisters died for Kamba. Asa no Kageri no Nakade (朝のかげりの中で) was an interesting ED theme.

Shouma was in the box before becoming brothers?
Modified by tsubasalover, 12-08-11, 11:01 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

12-08-11, 12:12 PM

That was some very convenient cellphone app.. just bowl, and bombs come out exactly where you want them to lol. I'm suprized that kanba was only equiped with penguinbombs and not redballs too (although I guess he was out to kill them all, so it would be pointless to mess with their memories)

12-08-11, 2:36 PM

MASAKO!!!

With all the killing in cold blood, I'm afraid Kanba won't have a happy end.
Himari keeps going back to that aquarium place - wonder what that means.
And some development for Shouma next episode please, he's still awfully depressing.

So.. it explains that Himari died the first time because she deeply wished for Kanba to be saved in the future? Time paradox? It's an evil circle!
When she hold her arms around him, my heart ached ;__;
Modified by mikadocs, 12-08-11, 2:51 PM

12-08-11, 2:47 PM

need subs;_;
Shou depressed, part 22324322. Ringo visiting him^.^ (and she has half of the diary back yay!).

So Himari died... again.(no, im not surprised).

Felt so sad for Tabuki, i actually liked him a lot, and he makes a nice pairing with Yuri. And geez he was stabbed by Yuri´s female lover,lol?!

Kanba is wounded (wtf, he is a professional killer), Masako is fighting for him. Sweet moment between the siblings. Now we know Kanba sacrificed himself for Masako and Mario, so they could have a "normal" life, he stayed with the organization since his childhood. But why didnt we get Kanba/Himari flashback?

Perhaps Kanba gave Himari his apple too, which would also make him her fated person.

Sanetoshi told Kanba the same than he told Shou, that Himari was going to die. Sanetoshi and Takakura´s ghosts*creepy*

Now wth was doing little Shouma inside a box?!And not just any box. It seemed more like a prison.

I think Shou will surprise us again. in the preview he says he wont forgive "him" no matter what (referring to Kanba, most likely). I sense something coming.
Perhaps Shou will turn out to be the bad guy at the very end XP (sincerely hope not but cant discard the option).

Also i found it funny the reference on the credits where penguin nº1 and nº2 appear gazing at nº3 who emerges from the sea in a sea shell (blonde hair) filled with sparkles. Clearly its a reference to a painting: The Birth of Venus (Botticelli). It refers to Venus, the goddess of love, who was born from the sea.

To those interested in the symbolism of that painting (beware the huge symbolism) If you´re not interest, dont click.
Modified by Orulyon, 12-08-11, 4:36 PM
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ 飛ぶ

12-08-11, 2:56 PM

omg i love this show O_O i actually like masako more now lol

12-08-11, 3:16 PM

Could someone help me out please :D Somewhere between 14:50-15:00 of the vid... What did Kanba say to Masako? Himari wa ore imouto da? Am I right or I'm just hearing things?

Himari's penguin is not completely gone so there's still hope that she's alive... again...

In what episode was when there were three cats.. three of everything during Ringo's talk with Tabuki in the park? My memory's a bit vague. The penguindrum requires three or a pair for it to work. Mario's penguin hat with the crown> shaped like a drum when you turn it upside down lol

+ himari's penguin hat + diary.... I noticed that Potc asked for the penguindrum eventhough the diary was still with Ringo when she summoned her with Shoma.

Intense Masako lol If she dies what will happen to Mario now? Yuri and Tabuki was... :D I've had that theory that Yuri's female partner would be the one to stab him.. but I meant it as a joke... then it happened... oh boy... Ikuhara...

12-08-11, 4:33 PM

...This was one intense episode. I understood a bit, but I'm definitely needing to wait for subs. But it looks like it was pretty awesome.

Can't wait to see how this all ends.

12-08-11, 5:05 PM

Amazing episode and it’s all going wild. Double H in the following,

Were just so MOE and cute that it’s incredible. Almost as cute as Himari. Love their faces and appearance in the spoiler
especially their sudden transformation sequence that was nice. The fact they came to see Himari too. In fact it’s pretty wild itself. At first Double H pinked hair girl and blue hair girl were really hilarious with their disguises. It was nice that they indeed were wearing Himari’s scarf and that they were visiting her. While Ringo here was sure startled at their suspicious looks which translated into wonderful comedy in the spoiler
Ringo being all defensive in front of them. Loved the fact they came to give something to Himari and notice there it has a Penguin Start shape with Pin Records, it’s much more clear here. Well guess the Penguin groups own some record studios. I really liked
Ringo’s face here and I can’t believe that Shouma based Double H here while totally not knowing who they were while he did not look so good here. I did like Shouma conversation with Ringo in his place.

About Kanba, Kanba sadly in the following,

Is finished! Game over! Kanba’s accusations and crimes in the list: Kanba stands accused of the following elements
  • Blowing up a car amides people in the spoiler
    possible having done harm to innocent civilians with the blast and shrapnel from this incident. Therefore terrorism!

• Guilty of blowing another car with the investigators in the spoiler
    that’s capital punishment in some places for he killed officers on duty.

• Finally is accused of killing multiple SWAT team members in the spoiler
    snuffing out their lives with explosives from their families.
Finally verdict is that Kanba is sentenced to death or life imprisonment with no parole. After all this it is inevitable that a Fate change is necessary.

From the start of this episode I am very worried for the following spoiler
not only are the dolls black but they are being shown mass produced. Moreover Kanba from far with the Pin forces logo in the background along with a close up of him here shows nothing more than those dolls being produced for a greater scheme to happen and to that effect his penguin here is studying space wars perhaps? Well it’s some sort of book for war. What’s interesting after that is the story of his anger with Sanetoshi. Now it’s obvious from the start that Kanba lost it and furthermore his angry face is scary here. While it got far worse at this part and as a result it was strangling Sanetoshi here whom I am wondering why is his Penguin like this here? Rather strange almost like it is being hurt or stunned as Kanba is trying to choke Sanetoshi whom we all know is a ghost so what is Kanba doing pointless really other to vent off. Well now at least he knows Himari will die.

OMG I got O_O super freaked out at the spoiler
even as I write this. Look at Kanba’s mother with those eyes! WTF? That is totally freaky and so is Kanba’s face here. It seems to me that this may display the notion of selling one’s soul to the devil/evil itself. The bodies looked soulless like the soul was not there somehow. That is a weird part but if Sanetoshi is the devil/working for him then it’s plausible. Himari hugging Kanba here melted my heart especially when she puts her hand around him here. Such emotions that are intense. On top of that that black doll with the symbol on the wall is shown. An insinuation that despite the hugging and caring the plan is still there with the weapons. Despite all that #3 was so nice towards Kanba’s penguin by showing him all the perverted stuff in the spoiler
whom some is risky. That means Himari was trying to get Kanba as he was. In thee end it failed with #3’s ecchi mags being burned to show having no effect on Kanba’s penguin and Himari being left alone. This is bad! Really no good!

So by the end of this episode Kanba is surrounded. Really appreciated the Natsume in the spoiler

It totally showed her feelings towards Kanba.
While I love Natsume’s face here and Kanba’s look at her here, I was totally startled at the sudden light at Kanba and machine gun fire whom I am not sure if it’s from Kiga group to get rid of the rest of the cops not being killed in the explosions or what is left of them that opened fire. One thing is for sure it got Kanba. I could not believe what Kanba did in the spoiler
it is totally WTF?
After all this time he saves Natsume is totally a change of heart in thee end for him. I though he totally hated Natsume for what she did to Himari. Regardless the scene was excellent with its glass and light atmosphere. Moreover the past showing a young Kanba and such a adorable Mario sleeping finally gave out the truth of what happened there. So Kanba protected from the glass Natsume while Natsume's face here somehow matched with her penguin while she was looking at #1.

The very end shows a Rambo Natsume along with Kanba being taken in the spoiler
that suggests that she buying time for Kiga’s group to help out Kanba recover. How deep is his wound remains to know.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
is of H2! OMG its’ gorgeous! Best art of them IMO.

Image Stitches done in the spoiler
I will only put the ones of the settings to give out a better scope so to speak. While the rest:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=373337

Made some GIFs of H2's appearance in honour of them in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=373345
Need to keep the club growing but some Kanba x Himari/ Kanba x Natsume stuff.
Modified by Yumekichi11, 12-09-11, 1:31 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

12-08-11, 9:18 PM

Oh my god... that last scene. Intense episode!

5/5

12-08-11, 9:31 PM

Himari x Kan yay, Masako noooo.
I was happy that Yuri was okay though.

12-08-11, 9:49 PM

Very good episode,Masako NOOOOOOOOO!

The visit of the Doble H was nice they have the same charm as Himari :3

Yuri and Tabuki are safe the crazy actor being the one that attack them was a surprise also now Ringo recover half of the diary and of what happen this episode probably next episode she will get the other one.

Kanba going in a killing spree and Masako trying to convince him to surrender but it seems Kanba will do whatever is needed to save Himari,even that at end is shows he cares for his sister enough to risk his life.
Now....last scene the OST was top score and Masako words made it even better it is a good goodbye to a nice character....goodbye Masako T_T

Next episode more about Shouma,2 more to go!!

Btw some can explain WTF happen with himari i have a idea but ya....

12-08-11, 10:04 PM

You know, I think Double H are the only normal people in this series. Everybody else have a few screws loose. 'Betraying' your friend (Himari) definitely doesn't come close to what everybody else has done.

12-08-11, 10:12 PM

Amazing episode.

i didnt like that tabuki survived , i really dont want a happy ending for everyone , i hope the sibilings not to get it.

2 more episodes to go... we still dont know shit about mario.

12-08-11, 10:26 PM

Kurogashi said:
You know, I think Double H are the only normal people in this series. Everybody else have a few screws loose. 'Betraying' your friend (Himari) definitely doesn't come close to what everybody else has done.

Ringo is definitely the most normal right now.

BTW, we don't really know whether Hibari and Hikara betrayed Himari. I doubt they would do something like that.

12-08-11, 10:31 PM

I wonder what happened to Himari >_> She really seems dead now...

Was KIGA's hideout really in the aquarium or was it another realm? And the boy said the same thing like in ep. 9! :D

Yadawa... hayaku suritsubusanaito!! LOL my favourite phrase of all time!! Masako was really fabulous max in the end! Hope she didn't die... D:

12-08-11, 10:41 PM

Now we just need Ringo to get the other half of the diary...

btw Kanba, I want a teddy as well >:]

12-08-11, 11:10 PM

Really enjoyed this episode, but I still don't understand where beloved hat and all that seizon senryaku stuff gone? Hope authors will unveil it one more time in left episodes %)

12-08-11, 11:25 PM

Wow! I don't know where to begin. Ringo got half of the diary back, I wonder how she'll get the other half from the Natsume's now that Masako is probably dead; I wonder if Mario will play some sort of a role in the last two episode or that the maid might return it to her. Now that Himari is dead and Kanba is doomed, I expect Shouma to go crazy and do something drastic. With all these tragedies, I expect a "reset button" ending with Ringo using the diary to change everyone's fate and her burning like a moth like both openings hinted.

With #3 vanishing, Himari is most likely dead, but Kanba is not, since #1 is still tangible. Masako was pretty awesome, she was like a mix between Juri and Kozue from Utena with how she's protective of her brother and how her cold exterior bellies a nobility. Taking care of Mario, running the Natsume clan on his stead until he becomes of age, putting up with her grandfather and bearing all of this sadness for Kanba must have been hard for her. As for Kanba, Sanetoshi's offer quite bothered me, I wonder if Kanba will end up like Kenzan and Chiemi, and how he's going to react when he learns Himari is dead.

Any idea who was narrating the preview? That sounded like one of those KIGA members, but I could be wrong.
My OTP

Kihel:"from Dianna Soreil to Dianna Soreil."
Dianna: "from Kihel Heim to Kihel Heim."

12-08-11, 11:32 PM

Raven_Shinobi said:
Any idea who was narrating the preview? That sounded like one of those KIGA members, but I could be wrong.

It was Shouma. It sounds like a confrontation with Kanba but with him half-dead I don't know how it would be possible.

12-08-11, 11:42 PM

It got worse.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices