Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2011 10:35 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Himari's friends, W H!! They gave their CD for thanks to the scarves.

That suspicious pink hair guy is behind all the parents illusion...

Actress's partner attacked and the teacher covered her. She returned another half of the diary to Ringo.

So the secret place is in the underground. It's really hard to stop Kamba, and killed many people along the way. Both sisters died for Kamba. Asa no Kageri no Nakade (朝のかげりの中で) was an interesting ED theme.

Shouma was in the box before becoming brothers?
tsubasaloverDec 8, 2011 11:01 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2011 12:12 PM

Jul 2009
That was some very convenient cellphone app.. just bowl, and bombs come out exactly where you want them to lol. I'm suprized that kanba was only equiped with penguinbombs and not redballs too (although I guess he was out to kill them all, so it would be pointless to mess with their memories)
Dec 8, 2011 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
MASAKO!!!

With all the killing in cold blood, I'm afraid Kanba won't have a happy end.
Himari keeps going back to that aquarium place - wonder what that means.
And some development for Shouma next episode please, he's still awfully depressing.

So.. it explains that Himari died the first time because she deeply wished for Kanba to be saved in the future? Time paradox? It's an evil circle!
When she hold her arms around him, my heart ached ;__;
mikadocsDec 8, 2011 2:51 PM
Dec 8, 2011 2:47 PM

Jun 2008
need subs;_;
Shou depressed, part 22324322. Ringo visiting him^.^ (and she has half of the diary back yay!).

So Himari died... again.(no, im not surprised).

Felt so sad for Tabuki, i actually liked him a lot, and he makes a nice pairing with Yuri. And geez he was stabbed by Yuri´s female lover,lol?!

Kanba is wounded (wtf, he is a professional killer), Masako is fighting for him. Sweet moment between the siblings. Now we know Kanba sacrificed himself for Masako and Mario, so they could have a "normal" life, he stayed with the organization since his childhood. But why didnt we get Kanba/Himari flashback?

Perhaps Kanba gave Himari his apple too, which would also make him her fated person.

Sanetoshi told Kanba the same than he told Shou, that Himari was going to die. Sanetoshi and Takakura´s ghosts*creepy*

Now wth was doing little Shouma inside a box?!And not just any box. It seemed more like a prison.

I think Shou will surprise us again. in the preview he says he wont forgive "him" no matter what (referring to Kanba, most likely). I sense something coming.
Perhaps Shou will turn out to be the bad guy at the very end XP (sincerely hope not but cant discard the option).

Also i found it funny the reference on the credits where penguin nº1 and nº2 appear gazing at nº3 who emerges from the sea in a sea shell (blonde hair) filled with sparkles. Clearly its a reference to a painting: The Birth of Venus (Botticelli). It refers to Venus, the goddess of love, who was born from the sea.

To those interested in the symbolism of that painting (beware the huge symbolism) If you´re not interest, dont click.
OrulyonDec 8, 2011 4:36 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 8, 2011 2:56 PM

Jan 2009
omg i love this show O_O i actually like masako more now lol
Dec 8, 2011 3:16 PM
Dec 2011
Could someone help me out please :D Somewhere between 14:50-15:00 of the vid... What did Kanba say to Masako? Himari wa ore imouto da? Am I right or I'm just hearing things?

Himari's penguin is not completely gone so there's still hope that she's alive... again...

In what episode was when there were three cats.. three of everything during Ringo's talk with Tabuki in the park? My memory's a bit vague. The penguindrum requires three or a pair for it to work. Mario's penguin hat with the crown> shaped like a drum when you turn it upside down lol

+ himari's penguin hat + diary.... I noticed that Potc asked for the penguindrum eventhough the diary was still with Ringo when she summoned her with Shoma.

Intense Masako lol If she dies what will happen to Mario now? Yuri and Tabuki was... :D I've had that theory that Yuri's female partner would be the one to stab him.. but I meant it as a joke... then it happened... oh boy... Ikuhara...
Dec 8, 2011 4:33 PM

Feb 2009
...This was one intense episode. I understood a bit, but I'm definitely needing to wait for subs. But it looks like it was pretty awesome.

Can't wait to see how this all ends.
Dec 8, 2011 5:05 PM

Oct 2010
Amazing episode and it’s all going wild. Double H in the following,

Were just so MOE and cute that it’s incredible. Almost as cute as Himari. Love their faces and appearance in the spoiler
especially their sudden transformation sequence that was nice. The fact they came to see Himari too. In fact it’s pretty wild itself. At first Double H pinked hair girl and blue hair girl were really hilarious with their disguises. It was nice that they indeed were wearing Himari’s scarf and that they were visiting her. While Ringo here was sure startled at their suspicious looks which translated into wonderful comedy in the spoiler
Ringo being all defensive in front of them. Loved the fact they came to give something to Himari and notice there it has a Penguin Start shape with Pin Records, it’s much more clear here. Well guess the Penguin groups own some record studios. I really liked
Ringo’s face here and I can’t believe that Shouma based Double H here while totally not knowing who they were while he did not look so good here. I did like Shouma conversation with Ringo in his place.

About Kanba, Kanba sadly in the following,

Is finished! Game over! Kanba’s accusations and crimes in the list: Kanba stands accused of the following elements
  • Blowing up a car amides people in the spoiler
    possible having done harm to innocent civilians with the blast and shrapnel from this incident. Therefore terrorism!

• Guilty of blowing another car with the investigators in the spoiler
    that’s capital punishment in some places for he killed officers on duty.

• Finally is accused of killing multiple SWAT team members in the spoiler
    snuffing out their lives with explosives from their families.
Finally verdict is that Kanba is sentenced to death or life imprisonment with no parole. After all this it is inevitable that a Fate change is necessary.

From the start of this episode I am very worried for the following spoiler
not only are the dolls black but they are being shown mass produced. Moreover Kanba from far with the Pin forces logo in the background along with a close up of him here shows nothing more than those dolls being produced for a greater scheme to happen and to that effect his penguin here is studying space wars perhaps? Well it’s some sort of book for war. What’s interesting after that is the story of his anger with Sanetoshi. Now it’s obvious from the start that Kanba lost it and furthermore his angry face is scary here. While it got far worse at this part and as a result it was strangling Sanetoshi here whom I am wondering why is his Penguin like this here? Rather strange almost like it is being hurt or stunned as Kanba is trying to choke Sanetoshi whom we all know is a ghost so what is Kanba doing pointless really other to vent off. Well now at least he knows Himari will die.

OMG I got O_O super freaked out at the spoiler
even as I write this. Look at Kanba’s mother with those eyes! WTF? That is totally freaky and so is Kanba’s face here. It seems to me that this may display the notion of selling one’s soul to the devil/evil itself. The bodies looked soulless like the soul was not there somehow. That is a weird part but if Sanetoshi is the devil/working for him then it’s plausible. Himari hugging Kanba here melted my heart especially when she puts her hand around him here. Such emotions that are intense. On top of that that black doll with the symbol on the wall is shown. An insinuation that despite the hugging and caring the plan is still there with the weapons. Despite all that #3 was so nice towards Kanba’s penguin by showing him all the perverted stuff in the spoiler
whom some is risky. That means Himari was trying to get Kanba as he was. In thee end it failed with #3’s ecchi mags being burned to show having no effect on Kanba’s penguin and Himari being left alone. This is bad! Really no good!

So by the end of this episode Kanba is surrounded. Really appreciated the Natsume in the spoiler

It totally showed her feelings towards Kanba.
While I love Natsume’s face here and Kanba’s look at her here, I was totally startled at the sudden light at Kanba and machine gun fire whom I am not sure if it’s from Kiga group to get rid of the rest of the cops not being killed in the explosions or what is left of them that opened fire. One thing is for sure it got Kanba. I could not believe what Kanba did in the spoiler
it is totally WTF?
After all this time he saves Natsume is totally a change of heart in thee end for him. I though he totally hated Natsume for what she did to Himari. Regardless the scene was excellent with its glass and light atmosphere. Moreover the past showing a young Kanba and such a adorable Mario sleeping finally gave out the truth of what happened there. So Kanba protected from the glass Natsume while Natsume's face here somehow matched with her penguin while she was looking at #1.

The very end shows a Rambo Natsume along with Kanba being taken in the spoiler
that suggests that she buying time for Kiga’s group to help out Kanba recover. How deep is his wound remains to know.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
is of H2! OMG its’ gorgeous! Best art of them IMO.

Image Stitches done in the spoiler
I will only put the ones of the settings to give out a better scope so to speak. While the rest:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=373337

Made some GIFs of H2's appearance in honour of them in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=373345
Need to keep the club growing but some Kanba x Himari/ Kanba x Natsume stuff.
Yumekichi11Dec 9, 2011 1:31 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 8, 2011 9:18 PM

Apr 2010
Oh my god... that last scene. Intense episode!

5/5
Dec 8, 2011 9:31 PM

Jul 2009
Himari x Kan yay, Masako noooo.
I was happy that Yuri was okay though.
Dec 8, 2011 9:49 PM

Sep 2011
Very good episode,Masako NOOOOOOOOO!

The visit of the Doble H was nice they have the same charm as Himari :3

Yuri and Tabuki are safe the crazy actor being the one that attack them was a surprise also now Ringo recover half of the diary and of what happen this episode probably next episode she will get the other one.

Kanba going in a killing spree and Masako trying to convince him to surrender but it seems Kanba will do whatever is needed to save Himari,even that at end is shows he cares for his sister enough to risk his life.
Now....last scene the OST was top score and Masako words made it even better it is a good goodbye to a nice character....goodbye Masako T_T

Next episode more about Shouma,2 more to go!!

Btw some can explain WTF happen with himari i have a idea but ya....
Dec 8, 2011 10:04 PM

Jul 2009
You know, I think Double H are the only normal people in this series. Everybody else have a few screws loose. 'Betraying' your friend (Himari) definitely doesn't come close to what everybody else has done.
Dec 8, 2011 10:12 PM

Feb 2010
Amazing episode.

i didnt like that tabuki survived , i really dont want a happy ending for everyone , i hope the sibilings not to get it.

2 more episodes to go... we still dont know shit about mario.
Dec 8, 2011 10:26 PM
Jul 2009
Kurogashi said:
You know, I think Double H are the only normal people in this series. Everybody else have a few screws loose. 'Betraying' your friend (Himari) definitely doesn't come close to what everybody else has done.

Ringo is definitely the most normal right now.

BTW, we don't really know whether Hibari and Hikara betrayed Himari. I doubt they would do something like that.
Dec 8, 2011 10:31 PM

Dec 2008
I wonder what happened to Himari >_> She really seems dead now...

Was KIGA's hideout really in the aquarium or was it another realm? And the boy said the same thing like in ep. 9! :D

Yadawa... hayaku suritsubusanaito!! LOL my favourite phrase of all time!! Masako was really fabulous max in the end! Hope she didn't die... D:
Dec 8, 2011 10:41 PM

Jun 2011
Now we just need Ringo to get the other half of the diary...

btw Kanba, I want a teddy as well >:]
Dec 8, 2011 11:10 PM

Aug 2010
Really enjoyed this episode, but I still don't understand where beloved hat and all that seizon senryaku stuff gone? Hope authors will unveil it one more time in left episodes %)
Dec 8, 2011 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
Wow! I don't know where to begin. Ringo got half of the diary back, I wonder how she'll get the other half from the Natsume's now that Masako is probably dead; I wonder if Mario will play some sort of a role in the last two episode or that the maid might return it to her. Now that Himari is dead and Kanba is doomed, I expect Shouma to go crazy and do something drastic. With all these tragedies, I expect a "reset button" ending with Ringo using the diary to change everyone's fate and her burning like a moth like both openings hinted.

With #3 vanishing, Himari is most likely dead, but Kanba is not, since #1 is still tangible. Masako was pretty awesome, she was like a mix between Juri and Kozue from Utena with how she's protective of her brother and how her cold exterior bellies a nobility. Taking care of Mario, running the Natsume clan on his stead until he becomes of age, putting up with her grandfather and bearing all of this sadness for Kanba must have been hard for her. As for Kanba, Sanetoshi's offer quite bothered me, I wonder if Kanba will end up like Kenzan and Chiemi, and how he's going to react when he learns Himari is dead.

Any idea who was narrating the preview? That sounded like one of those KIGA members, but I could be wrong.
Dec 8, 2011 11:32 PM
Jul 2009
Raven_Shinobi said:
Any idea who was narrating the preview? That sounded like one of those KIGA members, but I could be wrong.

It was Shouma. It sounds like a confrontation with Kanba but with him half-dead I don't know how it would be possible.
Dec 8, 2011 11:42 PM

Nov 2010
It got worse.

Dec 9, 2011 12:03 AM

Jan 2011
Anyone else remember when this was a comedy about obtaining a diary?
Dec 9, 2011 12:35 AM

Jun 2009
Welp, Masako.

Good night sweet princess.
Dec 9, 2011 12:48 AM

Dec 2009
2 episodes left.... please let the finale actually tie up the loose ends....
Dec 9, 2011 1:26 AM

Oct 2010
Some notions: First of all the following in the spoiler
is a contraception to manipulate Fate. Now we all know that perhaps but did you know the anime Escaflown showed this machine in action and not needing any sacrifice like those red orbs. Yes indeed an anime I suggest to know more of that machine being put to use.

Notice in the following spoiler
of the Penguin reading Faust. After the fact that Kanba was directed by Sanetoshi. Notice Devil tricking Faust notion. Notice also that #1 may be studying that to deceive Sanetoshi himself despite him knowing all already as Faust suggested with Mephistopheles.

Now I want to know WTF with the following,

Followed by the events in the spoiler
it makes no sense other than to assume Himari was dazed or something and got shot by someone. Now who the fuck did this! I ask who did this? I WANT HIS HEAD! There is no way anything else I could deduct at all. Especially since poor Himari's #3 is dying too and her expression in the spoiler
This is heart wrenching adn unforgivable. There is a piece of shit IMO that shot Himari. Now who and why other being a hindrance to Kiga’s group did that for what?

Now Tabuki was damn brave in the spoiler
to have done all this for Yuri despite being an ass towards her. Now from the looks of the wound it could be a direct hit to the liver/Pancreas. Now knowing that with the following spoiler
outlining from what looks like Tabuki is dying and seeing Ringo as his last memory, he really looks like he lost too much blood or his vitals are too damaged.
Hence why I think Yuri gives back the other half of the diary . Now it really makes it look that Tabuki died out in the hospital.

Now right before Kanba being shot whose bullet is that in the spoiler
??? Surely it’s white and I have not seen anyone using that colour. The bombs were orange colour.

Finally we are presented with Shouma in a box in the following spoiler
and it may be a reference to Pandora’s box like someone mentioned. It may indeed mean that all evil essentially is Shouma by saving people with that apple.

My final conclusion is to use the Diary. Undo Yuri/Tabuki’s saving to prevent what happens now. It may be far more worth it. Remember Steins Gate? IMO This is part of the lesson to be learned from Steins Gate…that of “Don’t play around with Fate (being space itself)/Time for it will bite you back bad!” I mean look at what happened in Steins Gate and one need to look no further. No there is no choice. Ringo may die with a extra, Shouma!

Long 2 posts but this being near the end. I should give my all since it does make the mind work itself on the philosophies of this series. Right?

Dec 9, 2011 2:21 AM
Jul 2011
ReaperCreeper said:

You must be thinking of a different show. ;)
Dec 9, 2011 2:29 AM

Dec 2009
It's all just a very very bad nightmare.

Like, it's hard for us to determine if any of this is even real right, so I actually wouldn't be too surprised if there was some dramatic deus ex machina twist at the end.

These last 2 episodes are going to make or break the show for me.
Dec 9, 2011 3:37 AM

Aug 2009
Shouma is Mr. Negative
Dec 9, 2011 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
Yumekichi11 said:
Some notions: First of all the following in the spoiler

That revolving object in Sanetoshi's office kind of reminds Of the Compass of Order in Wilhelm's office in the Xenosaga RPG series. That object also appeared in the first ED, I wonder if it has some purpose or significance.
Dec 9, 2011 5:30 AM

Oct 2011
''I will not let you die in darkness!'' Masako just got more epic. Man, Kanba had an intense scene there, he got even more bad ass now, destroying cars and stuff with a phone, wow. I must say the Double H thing was a surprise to see but it was funny. But one thing that's bugging me, if Kanba wants to save Himari, I mean she just died.. AGAIN. can't wait for the next ep. 5/5
Dec 9, 2011 5:50 AM

Nov 2009
Will someone finally die in this show lol ! This is even worse than Fairy tail haha :D

I'm gonna say Masako is fine like everyone till now. But I get the feeling that in the end only Ringo will die(sacrifice herself like Momoka) and that would suck because she is my favorite char.
Dec 9, 2011 5:53 AM

Apr 2010
Tear jerkers every episode of the past few episodes.

Jeeeeez
Dec 9, 2011 6:52 AM

Jul 2009
it's getting more and more despressing by the episode.
And more and more and heartbreaking :'(

Shouma is such a pessimist and Kanba's future doesn't look very good as well.
I really cannot predict what's going to happen next in this Anime!
So few episodes left D: What will I do without it?
Will we ever get to know the background of the Penguindrum?
Will the show finally kill me off with most emotional ending ever?
Can all the questions REALLY be answered in 2 episodes?

in short: I really liked this episode.
[.center] [./center]
Dec 9, 2011 7:17 AM

Mar 2008
Hahahah, eu agora posso dizer feliz sem nenhum peso no coração para todos os haters: minha série é melhor que a sua CHUPA!

Olha só, o episódio começou muito bem, muito.
Só achei esquisito a Hibari e Hikari parecerem gêmeas, e elas tem mesmo voz irritante de idol, uma graça.

Depois, ver o Kanba Big Boss foi assustador.
Só que a partir do momento em que ele e a Masako desceram para o subsolo, ficou muito estranho... Esse clima teatral, mas em um tom muito sério, acabou ficando estranho. Os detratores da série devem estar se fazendo farra agora com esse episódio. A princípio em não gostei muito, infelizmente a música não ajudou, não estava tão inspirada quanto de costume. Mas depois, pensado melhor, eu entendo. Por mais que o Kanba seja o líder, é como a Masako fala, só estão usando ele. Ele é o boi de piranha, se der alguma merda ele leva toda a culpa enquanto o resto do bando foge. Pensando nisso, entendo como foi feito aqui.
O bando desde sempre evita aparecer, justamente por ter alguém para levar a culpa no lugar deles. O Kanba é o mentor e mandante, a culpa é toda dele, eles só seguem ordens. Por isso que eles só cumprem essas ordens de longe e aí podemos entender como foi feito aqui, com o bando dando cobertura a distância. Por isso que eles nunca se mostram e foi feito desse jeito que vimos.

Pessoalmente acho isso muito melhor do que o que acontece em Guilty Crown, que eu sempre assisto antes de Penguindrum. No Guilty Crown a ação é pretensiosa e sem lógica. Os militares são todos patetas, as atitudes deles são retardadas, não tem lógica. Esse episódio 9 foi outro que explorou isso ao máximo, completamente absurdo, sem sentido e retardado. Não há senso de perigo em momento nenhum de Guilty Crown. Em Penguindrum, por mais que a ação seja encenada e bizarra, ela é muito séria. Quantas pessoas o Kanba matou nesse episódio? Pelo menos 12. Ele esteve em perigo e realmente quase morreu. A Masako ficou para trás para dar cobertura e foi mesmo morta. Há fatalidade que falta em muitas séries.

De resto, é um episódio difícil de entender, porque aconteceram muitas coisas misteriosas.
Só deixou claro de uma vez por todas que o Sanetoshi não é humano e sempre esteve por trás de tudo, para aqueles que ainda não tinham entendido.

A Himari viu que não há nada mesmo que ela possa fazer para parar o Kanba. Não é questão dele querer salvar ela, é rancor e vingança contra tudo e contra todos.
Desesperada, naturalmente ela desejou morrer. E será que morreu? Eu não me surpreenderia se, novamente abandonada e sem utilidade, ela acabasse parando novamente no Child Broiler.

Bom ver que o Tabuki sobreviveu e se acertou com a Yuri. Espero que eles sejam felizes.
A Masako foi uma pena ter morrido, era uma excelente personagem.
E agora que o Penguindrum está novamente reunido e a Ringo irá levar ele para o Shouma, o que será que ele vai fazer? Nos créditos ele disse que vai dar um fim nessa situação, mas... que raios de flashback foi aquele? Será que teremos uma nova reviravolta na prorrogação da morte súbita? Não é possível.

Agora é sentar e esperar para ver qual será o final apoteótico.

ps; perdão pelo português, mas estou cansado de ficar traduzindo meus próprios pensamentos. Orulyon, Yumekichi11 e soulelle, vocês são gênios e eu amo vocês. (Sorry for the Portuguese, but I'm tired of translating my own thoughts. Orulyon, Yumekichi11 e soulelle you guys are genius and I love all of you.)
PaninaManinaDec 9, 2011 7:22 AM
Dec 9, 2011 7:35 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

I'd say, she was shot by the shooting star...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Dec 9, 2011 7:44 AM

Jun 2011
Why do I keep on thinking this is gonna have a shit Deus Ex Machina ending?
Dec 9, 2011 7:55 AM

Feb 2010
ReaperCreeper said:

Yeah, i didnt like it back then.
Dec 9, 2011 8:03 AM
Dec 2007
Epic episode for a very bittersweet ending to come. The Natsume family is as cursed as the Takakura one it seems.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 9, 2011 8:16 AM

Oct 2010
AlexTrusk said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I'd say, she was shot by the shooting star...
But that makes no sense and even less for how she ended up there and the next minute outside lying dead. If anything she should have been bleeding out like Kanba but strangely not.

This part will probably the most metamorphic part ever. It means we can have many interpretations but never really conclude exactly perhaps not even with the subs.

Dec 9, 2011 8:48 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
But that makes no sense and even less for how she ended up there and the next minute outside lying dead. If anything she should have been bleeding out like Kanba but strangely not.

This part will probably the most metamorphic part ever. It means we can have many interpretations but never really conclude exactly perhaps not even with the subs.

Well, she said, that she's willing to return everything that Kanba gave her, starting with her life, so her life was taken...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Dec 9, 2011 8:51 AM

Sep 2011
I don't think anyone shot Himari. Himari just wished for what she had taken from Kan to be returned to him. I think that's the part of his life he donated to her leaving her body.
Dec 9, 2011 8:53 AM

Jun 2011
PaninaManina's big fat message makes so little sense. Dude, there are blogs for that. I bet a very small number of people would've found my thoughts useful shall I start speaking Russian just because I'm "tired of English". -_-

As far as I see, not Himari was shoot, but the Princess inside her (the black and white naked girl shown). And Himari can't live on without Princess.

To be honest, that scene didn't move me at all. I love Himari, but it's her third Disney death already, and I'm so sure they'll find a way to bring her back again. And her prayers didn't make sense - Kanba told her she was the world to him and yet she still wished for death - that'll surely result in Kanba's suicide taking lives of many other people as well - so what has she reached? -_-

I felt sorry for #3, though. Her disappearing body looked so sad. Btw, that also proves Kanba is only wounded, not dead, because his penguin didn't even start to vanish.

Pretty sure Tabuki has died, but Masako didn't. It strangely doesn't make sense to me.

And yeah, I guess it's possible for Ringo to suddenly get a central place in a final episode and burn down in order to alter everyone's fates.
StarryKiteDec 10, 2011 10:44 AM
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Dec 9, 2011 9:15 AM

Apr 2010
I think that the medicine just lost its potency, so her time was coming soon anyway. The shooting star thing was a flashier (haha) way of showing that.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Dec 9, 2011 9:18 AM
Dec 2011
Hmm, how does this sound
Kanba wakes up to find Masako dead (someone's gotta die sooner or later and her sacrifice is a nice one) as well as Himari.
Then he discovers a way to bring her back. Via Mario-san?
After all Mario is still a complete mystery but a link to the other world. If through Mario, they explain what the other world is, they might be able to revive Himari~
That's how i would see kanba being happy with Himari, people dying and an explanation and involvement of Mario
Dec 9, 2011 10:29 AM
Jun 2011
StarryKite said:
Pretty sure Tabuki has died, but Masako didn't. It strangely doesn't make sense to me.

Tabuki obviously isn't dead but I guess neither him nor your will be showing up again. Considering the title Masako might have died which probably opens up some storyline involving Mario in the next episode.
Dec 9, 2011 11:37 AM
Jan 2011

Ok, so she decide to by Kanba some time, I wonder if it's safe to assume that it's RIP for Masako now?
Dec 9, 2011 12:13 PM

Aug 2007
The ending was made clear thousands of years ago: obtaining Momoka's diary by Ringo and changing fate, in order to save the whole Takakura family and her own love.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 9, 2011 12:25 PM

Aug 2011
great episode, wonder if she survives...
Dec 9, 2011 12:54 PM

May 2011
Again, still wondering how they're going to wrap this up.
And if the penguindrum really is the answer to everything
Dec 9, 2011 3:17 PM

Aug 2010
I did not expect Masaka to do that.
Dec 9, 2011 3:26 PM

Mar 2008
Panina bagunçando o coreto hauehaeuhe

I don't know. I liked the show better when Ringo was crazy and stuff were less serious.

Because not that it IS serious, it's getting too cheesy. Oh, Himari, you are my everything. I won't forgive the world if you die... Oh brother dearest, you saved me from the dark so I'll give my life to save your murdering ass...

I kinda expected it, since Ikuhara likes the drama, but I was hoping for something more mature. A real dilemma or something like that.

The show is still far better than average, but it's going towards a very common end. I really hope that I'm wrong and they make something amazing.

I'd really like to have Kanba's app.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.