Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2008 5:36 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love the name dropping. So that's how Reinhard came to know of Musel. He started working on his contacts very early in his career.

So now it's a murder mystery? Even if the MP chief wanted to get rid of Reinhard I still find it strange that he was left in charge of a murder investigation. While he is a sharp individual, he's not a detective. Whatever the case Reinhard sure has some crappy first assignments. How many more before he can finally head out to space?

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 27, 2009 4:46 AM

Jan 2008
tainteddonut said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love the name dropping. So that's how Reinhard came to know of Musel. He started working on his contacts very early in his career.

You mean Kesler! Kesssleeer. Yeah, good shout out there.

So now it's a murder mystery? Even if the MP chief wanted to get rid of Reinhard I still find it strange that he was left in charge of a murder investigation. While he is a sharp individual, he's not a detective.

I LOVE the genre change! It's worked into the story well too, making him have a stint in the MP.

Whatever the case Reinhard sure has some crappy first assignments. How many more before he can finally head out to space?

I'm real glad that his assignments have been shitty and the odds are always stacked against him, it makes his struggle to the top, well, a struggle.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 27, 2009 12:06 AM

Sep 2008
nice to know kesler was busy kicking ass even before he met reinhardo sama ... this story arc looks a little more promising than the last one. Cant wait to see how Reinhard handles this case
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
May 20, 2010 11:00 AM

Dec 2008
Reinhard as Sherlock Holmes and Kircheis as Watson? Hmm...
Nov 3, 2010 4:15 PM

Feb 2010
Kessler Reference made me smile ^^.

Also this arc looks really promising, although it's quite obvious that it was that Moritz guy imo because the fraud thing seems too obvious (btw he has my name. Why not another character? -.-), but he seems sharp so it's gonna be not too easy for Kirchard. Anyway I love the genre change and the variety so far.
AlcoholicideNov 3, 2010 4:32 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 22, 2010 7:41 PM

Jun 2009
Kessler..fuck yeah. Very strong episode, imo. It's kind of cool to see the state of the Military Police early in Reinhard's career. It's pretty terrible that a woman was arrested for stepping on a painting of the Kaiser and amusing that the guy who snitched on her was arrested by Kessler as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 6, 2012 7:33 AM
Dec 15, 2012 11:49 PM

Sep 2009
Oh hey there Kessler.
Nice to see you kicking some ass, long before you met the Once and Future Kaiser.

I hope it keeps up this Detective kind thing.
It was good for the first episode, definitely.
Apr 24, 2013 2:04 PM

Apr 2007
Mentioning Kessler, nice :D

I remember thinking Kircheis was annoying in the main series, but while watching these episodes I just have to wonder why. Guess I need to re-watch it after all this.
Oct 8, 2013 2:34 PM

Nov 2009
So Kessler was the first High Admiral that Reinhard "found"? Anyways this arch kind of seems ... Well, this feels more like a side story than the previous 4 episodes, can't say I'm excited about it.
Dec 11, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2012
Very nice development, really interesting episode so let's see what's next!
Jan 2, 2015 10:07 PM

Jul 2011
And there's the future head of the Military Police. Name dropping. <3

Now to play detective... is this arc that important in Reinhard's list of accomplishments? I have to wonder.
Jan 18, 2015 9:34 AM

Nov 2010
Loving this. hope the arc overall will be a good one.
Nov 24, 2016 10:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
First episode of the arc Morning's Dream, Night's Song.

Now the two protagonists, Reinhard and Kircheis, have a new destiny and they should investigate a murder at their former military academy...nice begining!!!
Jul 15, 2017 8:08 PM

Feb 2012
I like how to Gaidens feature the main characters learning about their spiritual predecessors (Ashbey in the case of Yang, Kesler in the case of Müsel)

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 18, 2019 6:43 PM

Feb 2017
"Mankind is always supported and advanced by the elite...and a society that supports the weak leads to the deterioration of mankind."
Jan 18, 2020 11:51 AM

Nov 2016
Good old Kessler.

So Reinhard and Kircheis are going to investigative a case now. This OVA really has a lot in store.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 17 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 29, 2009

16 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 8, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 23 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 30, 2009

25 by bucciest »»
Dec 13, 2023 8:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 21 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 29, 2009

18 by Ten »»
Oct 1, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 20 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 29, 2009

22 by Ten »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:10 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 12 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 28, 2009

35 by Neemesis_2 »»
Mar 30, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.