Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 5, 2011 10:14 PM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

And this is why no one wants you anywhere near a kitchen Cecilia. ┐(´д`)┌

Seeing the harem hijinks after 8 months (has it really been that long?) really takes me back. I can't help but have this big stupid grin on my face as Charlotte and Cecilia form a Franco-British alliance just for a bit of cake.

And poor Houki, just when she thought she had Ichika all to herself, Ran just had to be there to take some of his attention away. But wait, she gets another cha- DAMN THOSE FIREWORKS. No wonder she's pouting all the time.
Dec 6, 2011 12:26 AM

Nov 2007
First part about 5 girls visiting Ichika is really funny.

Charlotte's reaction is so cute! And Ichika is "friendly" as usual. Charlotte thought it's gonna be two of them, but Cecilia came.

Avarice said:
I can't help but have this big stupid grin on my face as Charlotte and Cecilia form a Franco-British alliance just for a bit of cake.

lol~ and more at Cecilia went nude with happiness of eating Ichika's cake. Unique reaction as for Charlotte.

lol @ rest of three coming together later. They decided to play a Russian game. ... at what Laura made. Ichika's sister is back. What Ichika react made all the girls showing frown faces.

Everyone (including Ichika) stopping Cecilia even before she said anything is lol~ because they know what would happen next! lol even more at Laura's oden.

Houki wanting to say something to Ichika alone, which revealed at second part.

So Ichika's sister regretted saying things like that to the girls about not giving Ichika to them.

lol~~ @ showing the girl's meals, including Cecilia's (not food, though).

Second part is about Houki going back to her home, with the festival.

Houki was embarrassed wearing miko outfit in front of Ichika, who actually said opposite thing as what she expected.

Red hair girl (friend's sister) is also here. She's very outgoing that Houki left behind like a 3rd one.

Houki's dance with her character song. Beautiful.

Nice moment after the dance. Her confession was covered by the fireworks, though.

Coupling song to ED (by Houki) is the ED to this OVA, Best Partner.

I like this OVA because Houki is the main at second part, and Charlotte is the first girl (yet is still a huge role) to visit Ichika.
tsubasaloverDec 6, 2011 1:36 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 6, 2011 1:03 AM

Jul 2010
We get a shot of Houki's nipple when she's in the bath plus her back.

(NSFW)

Cecilia had that nude scene after tasting the cake but the heart was still covering her nipple up. It looked very suggestive when Charlotte wiped that piece of cake from her face into her mouth...
Elite60Dec 6, 2011 1:16 AM
Dec 6, 2011 3:56 AM

Oct 2010
And the verdict says in the following spoiler the spoiler
Euh we have a negative even from the aspects of there was no kiss (less I missed something). So Laura is still in the lead. Damn! I still loved the expression Houki made here in the supermarket. While her fan service in the BLOG link sure makes up for the lack of it totally in the TV series, which is what this OVAs points among others was. Houki was the only one missing the fan service. Same techniques used. Almost but not totally. It suits the series fine like that. It does prove that Houki does have them biggest apart from the teachers of course.

I liked the face she made as Ichika showed up randomly. Suffice to say her imagination of Ichika in the spoiler
was funny and nice. However it turned out Ran showed up and made Houki kind of depressed here. It was nice that Ran showed and all due to her having very little time too in the TV series itself but Houki felt undermined there. Too bad her love confession went bad in the following,

Of all things that damn firework to get bad luck with her confession. At least she had a nice blushed face along with a bold squeeze in the spoiler
that I am sure Ichika must have felt something there.
But even so her looked too dense to show it right. The ED had a nice unique song but I liked the picture montage too.

In regards to the first part, I must say seeing Charlotte first thing was good, considering how popular she is and that nervous face of hers here was a good start. In fact the many faces of Charlotte in the spoiler
just plain show her MOE, shyness and blushing well. The fun start much more when Cecilia shows up here. Obviously she already is suspicious of Charlotte. That never changes. What really surprised me, astonished me and really impressed is the alliance of Charlotte/Cecilia in the spoiler
oh what? France and England?
Last I saw that of is in WW2. That’s a nice reference still. Now of course the eating was nice and all but Ichika was more when the girls wanted to feed him. Until that is the rest of the girls came, which means Rin!

The group gathering at first made me think of house harem but soon it become a little better with a game going and ROFL at all the failed to really know of Laura’s mountain. I got it one shot. Good comedy happened when everyone was surprised at Houki here. The whole appearance of Ichika’s sister along with the girl’s reaction in the spoiler
suggested a sister revisit complex whom I though got solved in episode 10, guess not. However Cecilia was funny here as denied her thinking. While it ever gets old to laugh at Rin arguing with Cecilia, who does more of the talking. While I loved seeing some Rin ass, Laura was far more daring with that Rambo knife in the spoiler
while right away I knew Cecilia pouring too much sauce here would result in Ichika’s expression here not to mention the sick times he had at first with Cecilia’s food.

However I can’t deny Cecilia’s expression in the spoiler
that was nice. Laura with her food here was funny the way she expressed herself. Of my most other parts I liked it has to be the following one,

Rin just told off nicely to Laura of her misconception. Like her for that. While Cecilia's screwed big time in the spoiler
while still pouring ridiculous amounts of sauce/hot sauce.

In thee end I have to say this OVA did what it had to do. Comedy/interactions with all the girls and Houki developments. A 9 on 10 sounds fine by me.

BTW Image Stitches are done in the BLOG (NSFW)
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=630321
Houki fan service shots with details and Cecilia.
Yumekichi11Dec 6, 2011 6:22 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 6, 2011 9:56 AM
Jun 2008
Charlotte was MOE in the beginning... and poor charlotte with her cooking haha. nice houki and ichika development and liked the ED picture montage. seems like the ova wrapped it up pretty good so probably won't be a second season or if there is they'll wait for more light novels to come out
Dec 6, 2011 10:23 AM

Feb 2009
inb4 Charl should be the winner of the harem.
I'm in the Houki ship though. Charl ship is already full of people and a bit rowdy.
You cant go wrong with that miko and yukata outfit. Plus a confession as well even if the fireworks interrupted.
Maybe this would convince them to abandon ship :P

Really want to see more of this but that's asking too much. There's little material left(FYI, this ep was in the novels you know. Vol4).
I wanted to see Ichika getting bullied by the strongest IS user in the school. Oh well.
Dec 6, 2011 12:20 PM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
Really want to see more of this but that's asking too much. There's little material left(FYI, this ep was in the novels you know. Vol4).
I wanted to see Ichika getting bullied by the strongest IS user in the school. Oh well.
Yeah totally buddy. We would have gotten to trolled into another season with just that character intro, it would be insane. Also we would see her.

Really too bad they did not do it IMO.

Dec 6, 2011 12:57 PM

May 2011
Ahhhhhh Just like the Vol 4 ch 3 and 4 except for a few parts but doesn't matter!

lol at that laura's model of a mountain

Cecilia and her cooking XD!

Ahh Ran <3

Just love houki's theme!!

I really hope a second season comes soon!
RayyyDec 6, 2011 1:17 PM
Dec 6, 2011 7:14 PM
Jun 2008
they will probably wait for more volumes since this ova takes a big chunk of vol 4. maybe when volume 9 is out or something we will see second season.
Dec 6, 2011 7:49 PM

Jul 2011
how long is this?? hopefully, more than 24 mins :)) can never get enuf od infinite stratos XD
Dec 6, 2011 9:34 PM

May 2011
djlild7hina said:
they will probably wait for more volumes since this ova takes a big chunk of vol 4. maybe when volume 9 is out or something we will see second season.

I think they're waiting for maybe vol 8 to be released. Since Vol 5-7 maybe parts of 8 can be enough for a 2nd season.
Dec 6, 2011 11:56 PM

Oct 2007
Just announce a second season and take my money, Media Factory!
Dec 7, 2011 8:09 AM

Apr 2011
Needs more Rin!
Dec 7, 2011 10:58 AM

Dec 2007
As long as they show more deredere houki I can watch this for about another 8 seasons.
Dec 7, 2011 5:05 PM

Aug 2010
Damn, inconclusive again... damn you fireworks!

And I think I saw a nipple somewhere woo!
Dec 7, 2011 6:14 PM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ this just left me wanting more. I kinda hate how Ichika pretty much repressed how he tried to kiss Houki, I mean really, does he like her or not! Show some signs of interest at least.
Dec 7, 2011 6:56 PM

May 2009
LOL reminds me of the good old days of IS :D

season 2 pls :)
Dec 7, 2011 7:04 PM

Nov 2008
It was quite good and funny.
Lol at "Burn pot by Cecilia" xD
Dec 7, 2011 7:07 PM

Sep 2011
I miss Infinite Stratos!!! GIMMIE MOREEEE!!! D:
Dec 7, 2011 7:16 PM

May 2011
Tomodachi5 said:
Jesus Christ this just left me wanting more. I kinda hate how Ichika pretty much repressed how he tried to kiss Houki, I mean really, does he like her or not! Show some signs of interest at least.

who knows? I have my bets on the school president. but there are subtle signs that the author has put out there besides the ending to this ova and season 1 =P
RayyyDec 7, 2011 7:19 PM
Dec 7, 2011 7:26 PM

Aug 2010
Damn you fireworks! You just had to interrupt -_-

Needs 2nd season, not enough Houki, Ran, and most importantly Chifuyu.
Dec 7, 2011 7:48 PM

Apr 2011
Well like everyone else of course it needs a second season. Probably might be announced shortly. (Around mid 2012 probably. :S) Anyways great episode. Just the damn fireworks has to spoil the moment. Well Houki's fault for not making a strong advance like Laura did in season 1.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 7, 2011 8:02 PM

May 2011
Who else yelled "It f`ing figures they'd pull that" with a full on *facepalm* after the fireworks started during Houki's confession??
Dec 7, 2011 8:05 PM

May 2007
First half was typical harem stuff, funny at times but a bit boring.

Second half, I love thee as a big Hoki x Ichika shipper
My anime list
Dec 7, 2011 8:19 PM

Jan 2010
Cirris said:
Who else yelled "It f`ing figures they'd pull that" with a full on *facepalm* after the fireworks started during Houki's confession??

*raises hand*

It was good, but it needed more hot sauce. You can never have too much Tabasco.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Dec 7, 2011 8:27 PM

Jan 2011
i enjoyed it and really want a season 2. the next novel is making me stab my brain with anticipation god dammit
this is my god damn signature.
Dec 7, 2011 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
Random question to anyone who reads the IS novels. Did Tabane purposely change the location of Ichika's High School exam and place a IS unit in there so it would activate when in contact with Ichika?
Dec 7, 2011 8:38 PM

Oct 2010
O gawd need seacond season ... like now... .___________.
huh?
Dec 7, 2011 8:54 PM

Feb 2009
Tomodachi5 said:
Random question to anyone who reads the IS novels. Did Tabane purposely change the location of Ichika's High School exam and place a IS unit in there so it would activate when in contact with Ichika?
Tabane did say in vol3 that the only people she cares about are Houki, Chifuyu and Ichika. All other people are useless. She even doubted whether she cared for her parents. Add the fact that she gave Houki a personal IS and you can work it out by yourself.
Dec 7, 2011 9:00 PM

Nov 2011
belatkuro said:
Tomodachi5 said:
Tabane did say in vol3 that the only people she cares about are Houki, Chifuyu and Ichika. All other people are useless. She even doubted whether she cared for her parents. Add the fact that she gave Houki a personal IS and you can work it out by yourself.

That just confused me. What does this have to do with Houki and the rest I just wanted to know if it is true that Tabane set Ichika up to activate the IS during his High School exam thing during which he beat the instructor right?
Dec 7, 2011 9:05 PM

Oct 2011
what the hell was this?? It was just singing... I was like this is a really weird intro, but whatever. Then the worst possible thing happens, 100% singing.
Dec 7, 2011 9:22 PM

Jul 2011
Oh, please!! a second season haha. Just watching this episode made made day XDD i need moar!!!
Dec 7, 2011 10:25 PM

Jul 2009
SSJBeastmode said:
what the hell was this?? It was just singing... I was like this is a really weird intro, but whatever. Then the worst possible thing happens, 100% singing.

You got the wrong file buddy. Download Ayako's instead.

That said, good OVA. At first I thought it was going to be a hard core fan service OVA but, not bad. A few laughs here and there, and decent story telling. The screenshot of France (Charlotte) and Britain (Cecilia) forming an alliance was hilarious.
Dec 7, 2011 10:28 PM

Feb 2011
Cirris said:

Oh my... right when I saw that firework fly into the air, "NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!@"

Sheesh, shipping Houki x Ichika is so hard when they tease you like this.

I'd be more interested in watching the 2nd season if they were to make one, sadly with the first season wasn't that great as it was just 1UPing Ichika's harem which took wayyyy too many episodes.
Dec 7, 2011 10:51 PM

May 2011
Tomodachi5 said:
belatkuro said:
Tomodachi5 said:

That just confused me. What does this have to do with Houki and the rest I just wanted to know if it is true that Tabane set Ichika up to activate the IS during his High School exam thing during which he beat the instructor right?

Only time tabane said she interfered was when she purposely lead ichika to the IS Entrance Exams area. Where he got lost and eventually ran into an IS where it "responded" to Ichika's touch. This was during the last episode as well as in Vol 3 of the LNs during her talk with Chifuyu on that cliff side. (well hypothetically)
Dec 7, 2011 11:34 PM
Jun 2008
i think it's still unknown why ichika's IS works with him... so tabane didn't purposely plan it. really looking forward to vol 8 to see where they are trying to take this... vol 7 is making it pretty interesting plot wise
Dec 7, 2011 11:40 PM

Sep 2010
NIPPLES?!
*FAPFAPFAPFAPFAP*
Dec 8, 2011 12:30 AM

Oct 2010
SSJBeastmode said:
You got the special which is not the OVA.

You got:
Infinite_Stratos_One_Off_Festival
You supposed to get:
IS - Infinite Stratos - OVA
I am still WTF at why it was not released as a BD while the singing was.

???The nipples and details of Houki would have been far better TBH with the BD resolution.

Dec 8, 2011 1:16 AM

Sep 2011
Good OVA,Charls is so cute!

The first half good harem stuff,Maria "mountain" was funny how the hell you can guess that is a mountain,i think Cecilia didnt put enough Tabasco.

The second part full HoukixIchika,seeing Houki nipples was a nice touch now we need BD,seeing her in his yukata was sooo cute and she dancing was even better,the fireworks scene was so predictable,now we need 2nd sesason of Infinite Harem i mean Stratos.

BTW no enough Charls.
Dec 8, 2011 4:05 AM

May 2011
Damn those firework thingy ruins IchikaxHouki moment!! >.<

Now I really need season 2 of this because I'm not satisfied with just OVA (though I'm still glad see Houki and Char)
Dec 8, 2011 4:22 AM

May 2010
Ichika is as clueless as ever.The rest was great except his cluelessness.Char was so cute alongside houki & other girls.

9/10
Dec 8, 2011 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
Not really what I wanted from an OVA of this show.
Dec 8, 2011 6:06 AM
Feb 2011
Don;t really know why I watched this since all of the characters were boring, uninteresting and unoriginal, especially in this OVA
4/10
Dec 8, 2011 7:01 AM

Oct 2009
So when I saw everyone gather in Ichika's house I thought maybe they'd start playing strip mahjong or something, but nooo, they had to show the same old fucking summer festival cliche that I've seen in 1234 other anime.
5/10 - Average.
Dec 8, 2011 7:38 AM

Jun 2011
It's been a while since I saw this anime and this OVA really takes me back to those times =) I really hope that all 4 remaining IS girls also at that festival wearing yukatas.

LOL at Char and Cecilia (France and Great Britain) alliance~
Dec 8, 2011 8:15 AM

May 2011
neeeed..season..two! its been a good ova, refreshed my memories of this anime from half a year ago.. poor houki *pat* ichika needs to be less dense and notice it already.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 8, 2011 8:16 AM

Jan 2011
People really over exaggerated about this episode, glad I was able to see it for myself...Houki is definitely in the lead, but as a charlotte shipper, its safe to say that this is definitely not in the bag yet, and the others still got a chance.

Ichika is truly a piece of work, seriously. Why try to kiss her, but now act like it never happened? This backs up what many was saying earlier that he was just acting like that because of being in the moment, not because he has really chosen someone yet. And Ichika does things without thinking, so it makes sense.
Dec 8, 2011 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
Ah the moe-ness of Charlotte <3
Ah the cooking of Cecilia <3
Ah the deredere of Houki <3
Ah the moe-confident-moe-ignorant-moe of Laura <3
Ah the twintails and ass of Rin <3
Ah I LOVE THEM ALL!
Dec 8, 2011 9:48 AM

Dec 2010
Nice OVA, predictable in many parts like the timing of the fireworks but good all the same; Hopefully they make a season two.
Dec 8, 2011 10:10 AM

Jan 2011
this show reminded me how much i hate the male lead but like Everything else,good nonetheless.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» PV

Elite60 - Aug 12, 2011

19 by Quartz »»
Dec 13, 2011 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.