Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2011 3:08 PM

Jun 2010
The live-action inserts into this film are surely an issue deserving of their own thread.

I think they're awful. Seeing real human faces sometimes talk about the fear and pain of war contrasted against animation where psychic teenagers fight ghosts creates an atmosphere of absurdity. It even feels fairly crass; they are making a cheesy super-natural action movie about a war in which tens of millions died, after all. If they had just refrained from the live-action footage, the "distance" created by the film being animated and the constant super-natural occurrences would probably have been enough for me to forget that for the film's running time.

On top of that, they don't achieve anything good for the film. Mostly they dump exposition (some of which is re-dumped in the animated portions!) or try to create the impression that the film's events really happened; a terrible idea when those events are so fanciful.

I also have a suspicion that these sequences were added late in the production just to pad the film's anemic running-time. Even after all those useless pieces were added, the film is still only 65 minutes long.
FronzelDec 4, 2011 4:01 PM
Jan 5, 2013 10:15 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
For some reason people just LOVE making movies and anime and tv shows about touchy subjects such as war!

So often, they dress the 'most evil of evil enemy' in uniforms strongly resembling a Nazi uniform. Sometimes the only thing missing is the Swastika. Sometimes it is even there.

Why? Who knows.

May 4, 2013 9:43 PM

Jun 2010
Kari-chan said:
For some reason people just LOVE making movies and anime and tv shows about touchy subjects such as war!

So often, they dress the 'most evil of evil enemy' in uniforms strongly resembling a Nazi uniform. Sometimes the only thing missing is the Swastika. Sometimes it is even there.

Why? Who knows.

I really have no idea what you're trying to say.

More topics from this board

Poll: » First Squad: The Moment of Truth Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

georgi - Oct 4, 2009

99 by Hound-of-MAL »»
Sep 2, 2022 5:13 AM

» Japanese or Russian?

Deago - Oct 20, 2015

1 by Deago »»
Oct 21, 2015 4:58 AM

» Is there any review from people who have seen it ?

dtitov - May 25, 2009

15 by RaymanM »»
Dec 26, 2009 4:19 AM

» Release Date?

ShadowBlazer3000 - Oct 14, 2008

8 by Reisenfag »»
Sep 29, 2009 5:03 AM

» First Sqaud: The Moment of Truth

ZeroRaziel - May 4, 2009

6 by Boursk »»
May 4, 2009 9:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.