Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 25, 2014 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Really good movie. Just as I expected, judging from the original anime. Nice sound, better art, nice plot, nice movie XD.
Aug 6, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2013
great movie. loved every minute of it. ed <3
Sep 17, 2014 10:04 AM

Sep 2012
well this movie it's like 2-3 Bebop episode compressed to one clip. Nevertheless, great movie 7.5/10, that "OY TAXI" after Spike's crash landing though"
Sep 30, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
I'm so happy this movie exists. The opening credits montage reeled me in right away. Ed was so wonderfully funny. I find it funny that in this futuristic world, they still have plain old fire extinguishers.

"Ah! Is that a fish tank?"

"She's like a trained seal."

"But why were they fighting cancer inside of a vase?"
Oct 19, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2014

Just a humble bounty hunter, ma'am.
Dec 22, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
Was underwhelmed the first time I saw it, but now I find the series slightly underwhelming and think this is great...

It's nice having the space to explore a detective story properly, instead of rushing through one in 20 minutes, and the action scenes are fantastic.

Edit: See my separate thread for brainscratching other reasons to appreciate this.
BlackoutingDec 23, 2014 11:59 AM
Feb 1, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
Very entertaining. I liked the action scenes, they were well orchestrated and animated. The plot was quite good with the suspense and pay off. 7/10
Mar 8, 2015 6:03 AM

Aug 2014
I just finish watching the TV series (a masterpiece by the way), so I now decide to watch this movie.

Very disappointed. The charming characteristics of the characters was just not there in comparison to the TV series.

It wasnt even space and different worlds. It looked like a present planet Earth. The only difference was that the main cast had flying ships. Thats all.

And I wasnt that big fan of the graphics either in this movie. The TV series had better graphics in my opinion.

But what disappointed me the most was how this movie was not a continuation of post episode 26. In my opinion, watch this movie after you watch episode 22.

So watch episodes 1-22. Then this movie. And then episodes 23-26.

2/10
Mar 27, 2015 4:43 AM
Nov 2014
Not bad... 7/10
Mar 28, 2015 6:05 AM

Feb 2015
The movie had the same homour as the series did. The opening scene was hilarious. Some parts of the movie are slow-paced but overall it was a good movie. 8/10
Apr 4, 2015 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
I f***ing loved the movie!!
It was entertaining from start to finish and had a great story, with probably the BEST fight choreography I've ever seen in an anime. Had that Cowboy Bebop charm that I oh so missed, and of course the dub is top-notch. I literally can't find a single flaw within the entire film.
And Spike is the smoothest, coolest dude ever.
Spike: "I love a woman who can kick my ass."
Apr 23, 2015 10:41 PM

Jun 2013
Judging from some of the posts, I guess I should have watched this after episode 22, but I finished the series and watched it after, oh well. Still a great movie with lots of action. 9/10 for sure!
Apr 23, 2015 11:41 PM

Apr 2012
KaminaTheMighty said:
Judging from some of the posts, I guess I should have watched this after episode 22, but I finished the series and watched it after, oh well. Still a great movie with lots of action. 9/10 for sure!

It doesn't matter one bit when you watch it; people just guess that's where it takes place based on various small details (not counting the biggie at the end of the series).

Anyway it's a nice coda to watch after the series.
May 12, 2015 9:44 PM

Mar 2015
OKay movie...good action and cool use of the setting.Spike proved once again why he is such a beloved character among fans,he's just cool :p

The best thing about this movie was the ending for me though,really nice.
May 22, 2015 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
Finally after finishing the series last February, i finally watched the movie.

Movie was superb in terms of action. It seems it has more one on one combat compared to the main TV series which is more gun blazing. He really does fight like Bruce Lee :P

The landscape of movie is really New York. Same bridge, building complex on top of each other, streets like broadway and even had that parade like that Macy's Parade they do every year.

Also, why does Vincent, Vicious and Asimov(episode 1) all look kinda the same? Same hair style(long hair down) with Big jacket coat and all gloomy and sad?

I think Electra was a nice addition, but we didn't get to learn more about her other than being Vincent's lover(also the reason why she has the anti vaccines in the first place).

Also i kinda find hard to believe how Vincent shot Spike dead on at close range on a moving train platform, but managed to survived.

I guess the village chief was right and his time is has not yet come. Kinda foreshadowing tbh XD

Lol at the old geezers who probably fought in the war and wanted to fly, now they had their dream come true ^^

Yes this does take place before Episode 22 i believe(when everyone went on with their ways). I think Vincent is much head on and isn't afraid to pull the trigger like he did when he shot Vincent and blew the virus up in the air like that.

Poor Electra. I kinda wish she at least appeared in the TV series so this movie would have explained where she came from.

Good stuff!! So finally the series is over. I really hope Watanabe-san would make another series like Cowboy Bebop. It doesn't have to be space cowboy. He can make a series about detective solving crimes or so.

Give this 9/10 just like i gave with the TV series.
May 24, 2015 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
Loved it. Felt just like a long episode of the TV series.
Jun 10, 2015 6:23 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good movie! I liked it quite a bit.

"Are you living in the real world?"
Aug 4, 2015 7:36 PM
Jul 2015
Metty said:
Mediocre Movie

Some how this movie doesn't feel like the Cowboy Bebop I know and love.
Aug 10, 2015 11:53 PM
Dec 2014
Great movie! Awesome animations and badass action scenes. I don't want to compare the movie and the TV series; they feel like two different atmospheres to me.
Aug 10, 2015 11:59 PM
Dec 2014
kjusielvi said:
Metty said:
Mediocre Movie

Some how this movie doesn't feel like the Cowboy Bebop I know and love.

I agree. Although I liked the movie it doesn't have that vibe the TV series had.
Sep 26, 2015 7:05 AM

Mar 2014
Faye's tits tho.
Oct 16, 2015 3:34 AM

Jan 2013
"Shitty western music" - The 2 hour music video.
Nov 25, 2015 6:46 AM

Jan 2012
finally got time to see the movie,it was good 7/10

Dec 16, 2015 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
I saw the show itself back in 2014, but put off this movie for a while.

Really really glad I decided to check it out. I actually did like it better than the actual TV series too. probably for that more New-Yorky/Urban feel it had to it. I usually wouldn't watch it in English dub, but that was also really good. Yoko Kanno is practically a god too.
Sep 21, 2016 8:56 PM

Jun 2016
(After rewatch:)

Bloody hell, this film is way better than I remembered it. The chase sequence with What Planet Is This? playing in the background has to be the best animated chase sequence made till date. It was gorgeous to a fault. Enough to make me ignore that trained military pilots couldn't beat Spike.

Jet went through classic Hedgehog's dilemma thanks to his reckless crewmates. I just binge-watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, so his behaviour really stood out for me. I empathize with him completely.

I think I'm firmly part of the ElectraxSpike ship crew now. Their chemistry is off the charts. Sorry, Julia and Faye, you two can take a hike.

The opening and ending sequences are lovely. It starts with the ordinary and mundane, and after all that drama in the interim, ends with the ordinary and mundane - as if what happened was all a dream. Or is the ordinary life just a dream?
Nov 22, 2016 12:56 PM

Dec 2013
Action was great but that's about it. I didn't really care about Vincent at all but Elektra was cool.

The way Vincent suddenly remembered Elektra felt convenient and a little forced. Took away any emotion from that scene for me.
G_Spark233Nov 22, 2016 12:59 PM
Jan 7, 2017 2:01 PM

Dec 2016
The "skirthchasing" didn't bother me or seem out of character. Julia had "faded away" and at some point Spike would want to try to move forward. He ends up telling the girl he was hitting on about Julia, so she was far from forgotten.
Jan 22, 2017 1:44 AM

Jan 2017
I wonder why Spike punched Kashim(the Middle Eastern man) in the stomach?
Mar 11, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
It was a good watch and I give it an 8/10. It's not as good as the series though in my opinion.
Apr 20, 2017 5:34 PM

Jul 2016
Linerax said:

For being the idiot Doctor that created the nanomachines.

Can someone explain me why Vincent do all that crazy shit? He was just a crazy guy all along?

I loved the OST, the animation and the action. The downsides from me is how sidelined were the Bebop crew and the unclear motivation of Vincent.
Apr 26, 2017 9:19 PM

Apr 2012
SilverDio said:
Linerax said:

Can someone explain me why Vincent do all that crazy shit? He was just a crazy guy all along?

... The downsides from me is how sidelined were the Bebop crew and the unclear motivation of Vincent.

IMO Unpopular interpretation but Spike's literally in purgatory (he's dead), Vincent's right; it's a story about Spike's redemption (thus the rest of the crew don't feature much)
May 20, 2017 1:14 AM

Jan 2015
The fight animations were on point, and the OST... well... it's Cowboy Bebop, it's always perfect.
Aug 28, 2017 3:51 AM

May 2015
I guess it was fine movie. Music and art was really good, but the story itself was boring to me. I prefer original series.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 2, 2017 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
I watched this again today, which I probably watched when I was about 13, so a long time ago, over a decade ago before starting and only watching half the series back when anime DVD’s were super expensive so I gave up buying half way through. I picked it up for like £4.99 new and fell in love and watched it before the series, this time I watched it in HD, I couldn’t be bothered to find my DVD out.

So, I didn’t really remember much if any of it tbh since it was so long ago I watched it before as I only watched it once.

It still looks amazing as ever just like the series and was pure brilliance.

The story and characters were amazing as you have come to expect from this series.

Vincent, a guy who has a vaccine in his body against an invisible nano virus that kills everyone as it spreads from person to person, who is trying to kill everyone on the planet by unleashing the virus, so only he and his former love would live.

His former love who also has the vaccine from him, I guess he passed it on to her somehow, she was willing to shoot him and hoping he’d shoot back so they didn’t have to live without each other, but he just let her shoot him so he could finally die and be at peace which it seems was what he wanted all along from what he kept saying about being in purgatory and the bridge to Heaven.

It was sad he’d lost all his memories before.

Spike was great and the fighting he did was top notch, he’s such a fluid fighter, I just love watching him fight. His moves are so smooth, it’s like watching water flow.

Jet, Faye, Ed and Ein were all awesome too.

Faye getting kidnapped by Vincent was crazy too.

It’s a good thing they stopped Vincent’s crazy maniacal plan and saved the world! <3

Awww, now I have finally watched it all and in airing order lol.

Again, it had some amazing music <3

Spike Spiegal <3
Feb 2, 2018 1:49 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Watched this for the last time over 10 years ago and finally got the BD and got to rewatch it. The years pass and Bebop does not disappoint. It's animation puts 95% of contemporary anime to shame. LIke others have said, the action scenes are beautiful, the animation, the conception, the music. Just the complete package.

Normally films emanating from series tend to dissapoint, but this one doesn't . It beeing neither a sequel or alternate retelling but just a another long episode was the right decision.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 25, 2018 5:39 PM

Nov 2014
Meticulously lit, generously key-framed animation akin to the visuals of a live-action blockbuster. The English dub wasn't cringe inducing; surprisingly good, in fact. Sadly, the story felt like a 23-minute TV episode that was pulled, stretched, and beaten into a 2-hour movie. There wasn't enough substance to sustain the length. I didn't like it.
Apr 26, 2018 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
Loved the movie and the message behind it. It was nice to see the bebop crew once again. Rip Vincent.
May 18, 2018 8:51 PM
Dec 2017
Amazing movie! It was nice to see Ed get some screen time :D
Dec 25, 2018 6:55 AM

Nov 2016
Fantastic movie. Style and animation were outstanding, exactly what you would expect when Bebop and Bones meet.

Ger dub was pretty good and I had a blast watching this.

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2018 6:34 AM

Aug 2016
had some interesting moments, but as a whole pretty average.
:v
Apr 18, 2019 7:02 AM

May 2016
That was another level of greatness, had some boring scenes for me 8/10
Apr 19, 2019 8:58 PM

Dec 2015
pretty boring experience beside beautiful animation nothing was interesting for me cowboy bebop was never my cup of tea anyway... bad night got worst
Apr 27, 2019 12:05 PM

Feb 2013
I really liked this movie, Vincent was a good villain.
Better than most of the TV series for sure.
Jun 25, 2019 8:41 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty good movie. As always, Cowboy Bebop is hardcarried by its interesting and lovable cast. Plot-wise, it was nothing special. Just your typical action flick but that's basically what Bebop is lol. At least the execution was great. The scenes were really intense when it should be and the action was good with great animation. Vincent was an interesting fella. No one really knows what his motives are. He spouts nonsense and tries to exterminate humanity for no good reason. Intriguing indeed.
Jul 16, 2019 2:23 PM

Feb 2017
Hit all the notes that make for a great Cowboy Bebop episode, but extended. At the same time, a single Bebop episode made into 2 hours can feel stretched a bit thin. I didn't care for Vincent, and he was a "made to fit" villain character. Some of the early music tracks I didn't like as much as the general OST of the show, but the jazzy pieces were as good as ever. Animation, visual style, and action scenes were the best part of the film. Overall I favour the show.
Aug 7, 2019 8:52 AM

Apr 2013
Great fighting choreography and animation. Soundtrack was once again really good as well.
Sep 2, 2019 7:41 PM

Sep 2017
That was actually... really fucking good. I'd seen this movie before the show a few years back, but upon re-viewing it after watching the show, I've gained a newfound respect for it. This was really damn good. I think I actually enjoyed this more than most of the show itself. The audiovisual aspects of this movie were astounding. The animation team very clearly benefited from the improved budget that comes with making a movie. Watanbe also did an excellent job at directing his staff. The characters were (for the most part) great, although I didn't feel much for the new characters. My biggest problem probably came from the story. I never really enjoyed the story in Bebop to begin with (it isn't particularly deep), and this movie suffers from the same problem. There are a lot of conveniences with this movie that you simply have to accept, and there were a lot of details that were left out that needed to be described more clearly. However, as far as movies go, this was highly enjoyable, and everyone involved should be very impressed with what they have created. 8/10.

Sep 20, 2019 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
Would like to know what happened to Electra after this, surely the military isn't just going to forget what happened? Still will need to silence he, Even without that what is she doing now, wouldn't mind knowing what her character is up to. Plus the Bebop crew? Isn't there going to be fear that knowledge of the nanobots will get out? Spike was captured along with her, surely they know who he is. Sure its a standalone film but its a rather large loose thread isn't it?

Plus Faye hijacking the weather facility? No consequences from that at all?
Oct 27, 2019 12:18 PM
Oct 2019
canephalanx said:
Metroid_Ex said:
Mediocre Movie

Eh?
it has sence, the movie feels more like a hollywood story than a cowboy bebop episode and the music and atmosphere were different to the anime
Oct 29, 2019 12:36 PM

Sep 2019
The reason I fond love with cowboy Bebop is the sound track. It's perfect in every way it is hard to find these days.

The second reason is the outstanding animation BONUS yet did it. Had you guys seen the fighting seenes between Spike and Vince simply breath taking.

And the last but not least the plot it's not like something heavy plot to understand but yet so perfectly smashed in our faces. I'm truly sorry Vince you aren't an bad person you are just lost between dreams and reality.

All of it just fantastic experience of work. Love it cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime and I got the fine experience what I thought I would get from it :) 9/10.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on the Dogfight Sequence?

Supergamerguy - Aug 15, 2022

2 by Viz108 »»
Sep 12, 2022 2:12 AM

» Is this a sequel?

El-Psy__Congroo - Aug 24, 2022

10 by Ersbon »»
Aug 25, 2022 6:37 AM

» Should they make more cowboy bebop movies?

KasutoroSama - Mar 13, 2022

19 by The-Sparrow »»
Mar 19, 2022 2:15 AM

» Am I the only one who felt that Spike's whistling sounded a bit familiar?

Angry_Anime_Nerd - Nov 1, 2018

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jul 4, 2021 9:22 PM

» x

Masamasa - Mar 2, 2008

7 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jul 4, 2021 9:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.