Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2011 11:31 PM

Jun 2010
And that's the end of this arc.

Dec 4, 2011 11:31 PM

Feb 2010
lx said:
Somehow, I just feel that this episode just isn't quite as good as the previous ones. Maybe I should give in and spoil myself with the manga. *grin*

Anyway, there were a couple of questions that I couldn't get off my head while they were playing that coin toss game:

1. There was one round where she said she had to bet the opposite. Why so? Weren''t the rules explained clearly that as long as one doesn't make changes to his or her actions, the predictions would come true?

2. Prediction says right hand would be the correct answer. She said she's going for the opposite (see screenshot below). Then she picked the right hand. WTH? Then she got it wrong despite what Yuki's phone predicted and the future changed. WTF? (I know it's a speed sub, but I tried translating the text on the phone and I'm pretty sure the subs are correct.)

If, just if, the phone's prediction said "Left Hand" instead of "Right Hand", then everything would make sense.

3. Why didn't the prediction on Yuki's phone change even after she got it wrong?

4. Let's say, after lying to Yuki about the coin toss results in order to manipulate the predictions on Yuki's phone, Yuno didn't manage to knock out Yuki as required and Yuki finds out about the actual result of the last round. What happens? Time paradox?

5. The last round was a gamble with 50% winning chance because that detective said he planned to tell Yuki he lost regardless of the outcome of the game. What if he basically lie to Yuki about the outcome? If he wins, tell Yuki he lost and declare the correct hand. If he loses, tell Yuki he won and declare the correct hand as well (then Minata would have swapped hands based on the alternative prediction...and you have another paradox). Wouldn't this ensures 100% winning chance?

1- she though that akise diary could predict other diarys , also she isnt a diary owner so she wasnt in deus explanation.

4- if she wasnt able to knock yukki then his diary would show other anwser.
Dec 4, 2011 11:33 PM

Mar 2010
That was crazy! So many intense turns and twist! Yuno still a BAMF! And Akise is turning out to be a pretty unpredictable character! I like it, I like it! Oh my goodness, I can't wait for next week! And there's still so many episodes to go through! I wonder, at this rate all the diary owners will end up up dead! So I wonder how it will all pan out throughout the spread of the next 17 episodes! Looking forward to the next!
Dec 4, 2011 11:38 PM

Oct 2010
onedaysnotice said:
Also is just me, or does the voice of hinata's father not match his age and stature? It sounds too...young... lol. Oh well, he dead now anyways, or at least looks like he's dead. I still have suspicions of fourth working with him since they didn't show his death.
Well he was younger at that time but I see what you mean there.

This episode sure would interesting to find out what changes it occurs in the BDs. I heard Mawaru Penguin-drum is having that just fine, perhaps they will have the father's looks more young and fixed up in the BDs.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 4, 2011 11:43 PM

Feb 2010
Akise ftw even our insane yandere is no match for him.
Dec 4, 2011 11:53 PM
Sep 2011
Vanisher said:
lx said:
Vanisher said:
Lol at everyone on the last thread "oh this is so predictable it's obvious that akise was a diary owner" , trololol.

By the way pretty sure gotsubs did an error in hinata second dice round. (she said she was going oppsite to her diary , yet the subs said the same as the diary)

akise is awesome.

So you noticed it as well? And no, the subs are translating correctly. It must be a production error then.

But you translated the text and it said right , but what about what hinata said as answer? was that subbed right?

Checked with the manga (taken from mangareader.net). I can confirm that it's a production error by the studio and not the subs. See this:

左手 - Hidari-te, Left hand
右手 - Migi-te, Right hand

lxDec 5, 2011 12:04 AM
Dec 5, 2011 12:15 AM

Feb 2010
Oh , that's sad.
Dec 5, 2011 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
Nice background music, looking forward to the OST.
Dec 5, 2011 12:31 AM

Jan 2011
Yuki said the words you should never lie about to a yandere *your my girlfriend * pretty much sealing the deal here and theres no going back haha but lets see how this turns out.
Dec 5, 2011 12:46 AM

Sep 2010
I love the part when 10th dies.

Here's a gif because I can now make them. Bugs the shit outta me that Photoshop makes the first frame lighter.
AngelicFecesDec 5, 2011 1:03 AM
Dec 5, 2011 2:10 AM

Jul 2009
Akise kicks so much ass! That face *q* gaaah ♥
*ahem* besides him being awesome it was a cool episode anyway ;)
I found it quite entertaining that, after all that Yuno had done to Mao etc., Hinata still calls her Yunocchi.

Also: Why is Yukiteru ALWAYS crying!? xD He's such a douche. Although in this episode he actually made an effort and succeeded in saving the others by sacrificing himself (so-to-say). ;)

And I really need that soundtrack! *o*
KamitsukaseroDec 5, 2011 2:23 AM
[.center] [./center]
Dec 5, 2011 2:19 AM

Apr 2010
Ah yes, the end of what is probably the weakest arc in the whole story, and the first glimpse of a Yuki that isn't quite so unconfident and terrified all the time. Yukki may have said something that he can never take back, but he's found out a way to abuse Yuno's weakness to get his way when he needs to.

Only gets better from here.
Dec 5, 2011 2:44 AM

Jun 2011
My fave part was actually this:
(large image)

LOL yuki was so funny he was like putting on his whole face and then it just switches BAM "HOly fucking shit i can't take back this, Yuno's gonna be all over me noooooooo!!!!!"

lololol ALso Akise Pwning yuno and when kousaka left the building lol
sakaDec 9, 2011 11:10 PM
Dec 5, 2011 3:12 AM

Oct 2010
AngelicFeces said:
I love the part when 10th dies.

Here's a gif because I can now make them. Bugs the shit outta me that Photoshop makes the first frame lighter.
That is pretty neat one I saved. To me it's more the following,

now that Yuno part I can relate in liking after knowing it's a dog stabbing but not Mao. More like the animation for this was done perfectly.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 5, 2011 3:38 AM

Dec 2009
Shih said:
There are certain times that I really want to slap Yuki
ISN'T IT OBVIOUS? Your "friend" wants to kill you

Agreed.
Somehow I think that Yuno is too good for Yuuki. She should deserves someone better than him.

Dec 5, 2011 4:44 AM

Aug 2010
Cool episode, pretty surprised by how it ended though.
Dec 5, 2011 4:59 AM

Oct 2011
yuno is so adorably psychotic in this episode - it was great how yukiteru got her under control by (gasp!!!) lying to her about being her boyfriend - great episode!!!
Dec 5, 2011 5:01 AM

Dec 2009
I hope that the Yuno voice haters are starting to change their minds. She was incredible in this episode.

God I love Yuno xD
Dec 5, 2011 6:10 AM

Jul 2010
oh-oh yuki...you shouldnt play with a innocent girls heart. especially if shes yandere.
Dec 5, 2011 6:44 AM

Nov 2008
Yukki was damn annoying this episode. He's the type of main character I hate the most!! But all that is okay because we have glorious Yuno being amazing as always.I was amazed when Akise flipped her like that, he must be hard core.
Now Yukki is forced to love Yuno and thus I am happy, he can't take that back, or he can die lol. Now thats how you train a Yandere, "You don't want me to dislike you right" lol Yukki's horrible.
Shhh Akise don't tell Yuno that Yukki was willing to let her die, it's a secret.
SickeninglySweetDec 5, 2011 6:49 AM
Dec 5, 2011 6:53 AM

Aug 2011
Not much for that oji-san's diary part.. It was like 2 episodes and well, for me, wasn't the greatest! (gives her daughter his diary, an episode later, dead end). Although, I think it was like a part where he didn't want her to be a bad person and neglect your child or something.

As much as I love Yuno, she is getting toooooo crazy for me haha. Although, I do have to agree that.. it's the survival of the fittest (and "wittest" (sp?). Sometimes I wish Yuki just goes along with Yuno and GTFO of situations instead of running back to the problem.

But hey, thats just me.

AND BAD NO NO TO YUKI LYING TO YUNO, WTF MAN
Dec 5, 2011 6:54 AM

Jul 2011
Cute Yuno in this episode :D
I got feeling from start that 4th will betray Yukki soon or later, because there was many tips from earlier episodes (Like was it 8 or 7 when first time someone said that Holders are all against each others..)
Good ending on this episode :D bam

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Dec 5, 2011 8:08 AM
Sep 2011
"My feelings for Yukiteru are beyond friendship." Looks like Yuno got a rival ;)

Anyway, I found Yuki quite endearing this episode with his attempt to be friends with everyone. At least one person who considers solving the conflict peacefully which is even understandable in this case since none of the people involved here are too threatening aside from Yuno.
Dec 5, 2011 8:33 AM

Jun 2010
More Hinata/Mao!
I felt sorry for Mao for the majority of the episode. She just wanted to protect Hinata and then ended up with a stab wound into her side. =(

Oh, and Yukki kinda screwed himself over there at the end. XD
Dec 5, 2011 9:38 AM

Nov 2009
Stage 9 Ended

Yukki got:

1 yandere girlfriend
1 gayfriend
2 female friends
1 male friend

Yukki lost
- All freedom in his live (especially about love)

Isn't that great, Yukki?

Ah, Mao-chan, she's so cute.... I can forgive her about what she were trying to do.
Dec 5, 2011 9:57 AM

Dec 2009
I don't get the part where Yuuno covers Yukiteru's ear, Hinata had already read the diary entries before that, so for what was that for?
Dec 5, 2011 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
Great episode with some awesome Yuno moments and facial expressions.

Sir_Lexa said:
I hope that the Yuno voice haters are starting to change their minds. She was incredible in this episode.

Right. I didn't hate her voice in the beginning, but I didn't find it to be very good either. I still think that someone like Nakahara Mai would have been even better, but Murata Tomosa was indeed very here.
Dec 5, 2011 10:09 AM

Apr 2010
Liinah said:
I don't get the part where Yuuno covers Yukiteru's ear, Hinata had already read the diary entries before that, so for what was that for?

So he wasn't able to hear Hinaka or Akise talking about what hand the coin was or was not in. Yuno basically prevented Yukki from being able to observe what was going on, making the predictions of his diary innacurate.
Dec 5, 2011 10:15 AM

Oct 2011
Akise is an amazing character. He reminds me of Break from Pandora Hearts a little. Although I do hope he's not actually gay for Yukiteru lol. Great episode 5/5

Dec 5, 2011 10:34 AM
Dec 2007
The direction is still as bad as ever but the original material more or less make up for that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 5, 2011 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
damn i really REALLY hope Akise is not gay
Dec 5, 2011 11:05 AM

Jun 2010
onedaysnotice said:
I still have suspicions of fourth working with him since they didn't show his death.

10th's diary said that he was shot in the back of the head.
Dead End.

10th_man_down said:
damn i really REALLY hope Akise is not gay

Later on Mur Mur asks Akise that, Akise replies "I'm not gay, I just love Yuki."
Dec 5, 2011 12:12 PM

Sep 2007
ಠ_ಠ Yukiteru

You'd think by now with all the things Yuno has done, Yuki would've at least figured out why she was doing all of this. What a terrible character.
Dec 5, 2011 12:13 PM

Oct 2009
Yuno has two voices...the high pitched one seems to be her fake voice since she only does it to looks cute in-front of Yuki.

Everyone else gets the second voice which is a lot more fitting to her character.

Its like the voice actor is trying to be below average for the sake of adding meat to the her... that's preety cool.

I still think people are being to hard on Yuki...its like everyone dismisses his moments of brilliance.
V0YANTDec 5, 2011 12:17 PM
Dec 5, 2011 12:13 PM

Feb 2010
Lestrade said:
"My feelings for Yukiteru are beyond friendship." Looks like Yuno got a rival ;)

Hahah seriously. I was like.. o snappp.

Why does everyone want Yukki? meh. he's endearing...?

Anyways, Akise is baller and I'm glad we're going to get more of him!
Dec 5, 2011 12:21 PM

Dec 2009
Anzekay said:
Liinah said:

So he wasn't able to hear Hinaka or Akise talking about what hand the coin was or was not in. Yuno basically prevented Yukki from being able to observe what was going on, making the predictions of his diary innacurate.

Oh, so that way Hinata wouldn't be able to change the coin's side in case the diary said Akise got the right answer. I see.
Thank you. <3
Dec 5, 2011 12:32 PM

Oct 2010
another awesome episode, hmmm, i wonder if Akise actually has a diary or not, he seems like he will be a main character so i don't know what to expect.
Dec 5, 2011 1:21 PM

Jun 2011
Zfish9 said:
onedaysnotice said:
I still have suspicions of fourth working with him since they didn't show his death.

10th's diary said that he was shot in the back of the head.
Dead End.

Oh right. Forgot about that detail xD
Dec 5, 2011 1:57 PM
Apr 2011
Liking this series a lot my 2nd fav right behind haganai...
Dec 5, 2011 3:05 PM

Oct 2009
yzhu247 said:
Akise is an amazing character. He reminds me of Break from Pandora Hearts a little. Although I do hope he's not actually gay for Yukiteru lol. Great episode 5/5

Read the manga, and yep he's really gay for Yukki... Somehow Yukki's got all that jazz :P
Dec 5, 2011 4:00 PM

Mar 2011
Hell yeah 4th!
Dec 5, 2011 4:29 PM

Jan 2011
One moment shes in her bat shit crazy mode, the next shes unable to control her blushing after Amano declares that she's his girlfriend.

Haha, Yuno is way too cute. =P
Dec 5, 2011 4:40 PM
Apr 2010
@Mao being stabbed,

I guess the better yandere survives in the end.
Dec 5, 2011 4:52 PM

Mar 2011
Bloodfox1222 said:
Falads said:
One moment shes in her bat shit crazy mode, the next shes unable to control her blushing after Amano declares that she's his girlfriend.

Haha, Yuno is way too cute. =P

Am i the only one here who notices that she is insane?
Insane? What ever could you mean about out adorable Yuno-chan?
Dec 5, 2011 5:12 PM

Dec 2011
Decent episode, but these two (let's call them dog episodes) could have been one. Almost nothing happens in the first one, and they over packed the second one with so many twists it sort of lost some of its intensity. I was on the edge of my seat during some of the preceding episodes, not so for the dog episodes.

I haven't read the manga, so I'll just assume the endless "poor Mao" is because the character stays in the story and...does...stuff...since so far a sentient chair would have been a fair replacement (can you tell I was hoping Yuno murders everyone in the room sans Yukki?).
Dec 5, 2011 5:19 PM

Aug 2010
Damn, the only good character turned out to be gay...

Pretty good episode overall. Funny how Yuki fooled Yuno.
Dec 5, 2011 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
If Yuno doesn't die in the end I'm gonna rage. What a psycho
Dec 5, 2011 5:36 PM

Apr 2011
akise=nagisa kaworu yukkiteru=shinji ikari
Dec 5, 2011 5:42 PM
Nov 2010
I like how Akise teases everyone, including Yuno, he is an awesome character.

Lol @people hating on Yuki

Yuki has done some stupid things, that's true, but I don't think they're enough to hate the guy. Personally I find Yuki to be the kind of person that values friendship above almost anything else, and I find that quite admirable.

shiroto said:
oh-oh yuki...you shouldnt play with a innocent girls heart. especially if shes yandere.

He's seriously gonna regret that later.
Dec 5, 2011 5:52 PM

Jul 2011
Was a decent episode I guess, it's just pretty predictable. I just find Yuki's mental retardation a bit hard to believe, like, you get screwed over countless times for trying to "be a friend", yet you still do the same asinine shit on repeat. Anyhow, was somewhat enjoyable.

3.5/5
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Yesterday

22 by Otakupervert890 »»
Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

364 by Konyalianimekizi »»
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.