Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2011 7:32 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow I'm late xDDD
Well this was an awesome episode, Rin <3 the chase was awesome :D

Only 3 more epis ;w;

JanaBanananaDec 3, 2011 8:35 AM
Dec 3, 2011 8:10 AM

Oct 2010
Another excellent episode full of good emotions and visuals.

This was quite the shocker to see Rin see that horrendous fugal face of Caster’s master. Poor Rin! Seeing that person’s face was terrible. Damn that guy! He is sick! I feel bad for Rin going through all this shit. The scars of just seeing the fucko's face are enough sickening to the stomach to create enough acids to be sick from. More later.

BTW Image Stitches are done in the spoiler
Rin! :D Seeing her in one piece is quite amazing itself!
Yumekichi11Dec 7, 2011 1:50 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 3, 2011 8:19 AM

Jun 2009
Weakest episode.

They could have skipped this and not a single fuck will be missed.

Also, what is the point of creating a thread if you haven't watched it yet or any input to post?
Dec 3, 2011 8:31 AM

Oct 2010
-Quasar said:
Also, what is the point of creating a thread if you haven't watched it yet or any input to post?
Some people make such complexes of wanting to be first it's amazing. A disease of MAL so to speak. Well give it some time. Person may still edit their post.
-Quasar said:
You still don't get? Why they are milking all the fans of Rin and of course it worked. Rin = to MOE OVER9000 OVERLOAD! In fact any GIF of Rin melts you, well me of course. Ah yeah also my F you know what to Zoken again. He needs to die already with his sins towards Sakura.
Yumekichi11Dec 3, 2011 8:34 AM

Dec 3, 2011 8:37 AM

Jan 2009
-Quasar said:
Weakest episode.

Well they needed to drag it as they are already coming to the last few parts of volume 2 and they still have 2 more episodes to go. And yea I agree with you I don't get why people have to make "placeholder" posts, that's just so attention seeking.

This episode showed why rin is a total genius mage (unlike her poor father), just look at those mana levels. Other than that this episode was pretty much just filler.

I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Dec 3, 2011 8:52 AM

Oct 2010
halberdiers said:
This episode showed why Rin is a total genius mage (unlike her poor father), just look at those mana levels. Other than that this episode was pretty much just filler.
Why I never ever ever though Rin's father was any good compared to Rin. In fact Rin shafted him in this episode at that age so yeah.
halberdiers said:
Oh my oh my! I am just praying I can do just this one as a GIF. I failed so much in that due to time constrains. In fact I am hopping to GIF all Noble Phantasms of this series but key here is will all Noble Phantasms be used in this series from each Servant? You can PM me that one anyone.

Dec 3, 2011 8:57 AM

Apr 2010
Once again, not a single fucking thing happens.

2/5
Dec 3, 2011 9:02 AM
Sep 2011
Solkiskey said:
Once again, not a single fucking thing happens.

2/5

Kirei taking note of Kariya's motives, Tokiomi and Rin character relationships, Aoi finding out Kariya will eventually fight Tokiomi.

Yep nothing happened.

You have to realize fights will have more impact when they have episodes like this to build them up. Don't expect a fight every week until at least the second season.
Dec 3, 2011 9:05 AM

Apr 2010
Because we didn't learn of that before.

Nothing happened.
Dec 3, 2011 9:07 AM

Jan 2008
This episode sure felt like a filler, but tbh not bad one. Mainly because we got short Kariya/Aoi conversation. I understand such episode had to appear as they wish to finish first season the same way volume 2 of LN ended. Though i wouldn't complain if a good servant fight appeared in this ep.
Waiting for next week, hoping for good action :D
Dec 3, 2011 9:11 AM

Jan 2009
I can't believe they are showing fillers.
What a letdown.
The lowly maggot under the trash.
Dec 3, 2011 9:12 AM

Jan 2008
Perloo said:

You have to realize fights will have more impact when they have episodes like this to build them up. Don't expect a fight every week until at least the second season.

True, that's why i don't agree with people complaining about "pacing" episodes, but good actionless ep should reveal some relationship between characters and give some new details about the whole story. New ep was focused mainly on Rin, who is not one of the main characters. Some people might like it, some not ^^
Dec 3, 2011 9:18 AM

Apr 2007
I love Rin and all, but that was boring. At least Ryuunosuke had some extra screen time.

Next week we're finally at one of the parts I have been looking forward to the most. Can't wait!
Dec 3, 2011 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
I liked it even if it was a filler, But that's probably just me being a TYPE-MOON fanboy.

5/5

Rin is the best
Dec 3, 2011 9:35 AM

Jun 2008
Boring filler. The only good part was Kariya rescuing Rin.

Fortunately the next episode will feature the three Kings
Dec 3, 2011 9:43 AM
Jan 2009
It wasn't a filler and it was a great episode.
Next episode is about how to trolling Saber xD
Dec 3, 2011 9:59 AM
Sep 2011
The episode was intense despite featuring a side story. Looks like Aoi know what Kariya is up to, makes me wonder how this will influence Tokiomi's attitude towards him.
Dec 3, 2011 10:11 AM

Oct 2009
It's to be expected that this episode would be viewed as filler material, it was only ten pages in the Novel, previous episodes have covered 50 at a time.
Dec 3, 2011 10:21 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't mind the filler. I enjoyed seeing Kariya for once. He seems like an actual good guy unlike most of the masters.
Dec 3, 2011 10:23 AM

Aug 2011
Filler? what a hell are you guys talking about?

It's common in fate/zero the development of the characters along the story, and now we can see another side of Tokiomi, one of the less explored characters so far. I don't care if we have Rin, just because she is a character of fate/stay night this is a filler to please fans? you got to be kidding..

Kariya and Ryunosuke show up too, and the episode has nothing to offer to you guys?

My only complain about the episode was the ending, which looks out of place, seeing tohsaka rin back to her ordinary day in school was unecessary, but I'm impressed by how far this episode could progress, Especially for those who read the novel, and saw many things that were created just for the anime adaption.

If you guys want to see fight scenes every episode, go watch some shounen, and stop trolling in this forum.
Dec 3, 2011 10:27 AM

Feb 2009
Yeah they pretty much expanded it to fit this episode.
Which leaves me wondering how the last 3 episodes will proceed.
There's nothing left to animate if they're aiming this to end at the same place as the end of Vol2.
Let's just see I guess.

inb4 filler
>_>
Dec 3, 2011 10:33 AM
Sep 2011
belatkuro said:
Yeah they pretty much expanded it to fit this episode.
Which leaves me wondering how the last 3 episodes will proceed.
There's nothing left to animate if they're aiming this to end at the same place as the end of Vol2.
Let's just see I guess.

inb4 filler
>_>

According to the episode titles and descriptions(assuming they are accurate) The season will end
Dec 3, 2011 10:39 AM
Mar 2011
I know everyone and their mother is going to be all "AWWW KAWAI CHIBI RIN!!!!!!!!!"

But really, this had almost nothing to do with F/Z. Felt more like a left out backstory episode of Stay night.
Dec 3, 2011 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
Gamaliel said:

It's common in fate/zero the development of the characters along the story, and now we can see another side of Tokiomi, one of the less explored characters so far. I don't care if we have Rin, just because she is a character of fate/stay night this is a filler to please fans? you got to be kidding..

Kariya and Ryunosuke show up too, and the episode has nothing to offer to you guys?

My only complain about the episode was the ending, which looks out of place, seeing tohsaka rin back to her ordinary day in school was unecessary, but I'm impressed by how far this episode could progress, Especially for those who read the novel, and saw many things that were created just for the anime adaption.

If you guys want to see fight scenes every episode, go watch some shounen, and stop trolling in this forum.

People aren't trolling but voicing what they feel is a rather slow and draggy episode which equates to a sort of filler.

Uh I dunno what you have been watchingl but this is NOT common in fate/zero. Sure development of characters is OKAY but not when it's dragged out across an entire episode. It's not about seeing fight scenes every other episode but seeing some sort of character development. Ryunosuke showing up offered nth since we already know how much of a perverse murderer he is and we knew from ep 1 about this side of tokiomi when he left his family. In fact the only important point this episode is the conversation between kariya and aoi, which should've taken only 5mins. People are right in saying that this is a fanservice episode for rin fans, coz it is.
Dec 3, 2011 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
Gamaliel said:

You're completely missing the point.
Dec 3, 2011 10:59 AM

Jan 2010
Well this isn't technically filler since it was in the novel, but it can be considered it due to making a whole episode out of it. I enjoyed seeing this expanded on though, I hope they expand on Kiritsugu's past in the 2nd half as well That would be a very interesting episode if they dedicate a full one to it.
Ok™
Dec 3, 2011 11:13 AM

Aug 2011
McRib said:
Well this isn't technically filler since it was in the novel, but it can be considered it due to making a whole episode out of it. I enjoyed seeing this expanded on though, I hope they expand on Kiritsugu's past in the 2nd half as well That would be a very interesting episode if they dedicate a full one to it.

In a few words you said what i was thinking.

yes, probably I missed the point a few minutes ago,I apologise.

what i was trying to say in my previous post wasn't necessary about fillers , but the whole "this episode was pointless" thing.

thats because for now, The only thing that we know about tokiomi in the show is that he is "boring", that he married with the girl that Kariya love the most, and that he has friends with the church .

In other words , basically nothing. Without this "filler" the only character development for him would be in the end of the second season.

As I said, i'm not interested about RIn, but the other characters that showed up, and seeing more about tokiomi was a bonus, and coherent with the rest of the story.

So i do hope for more of this expanded episodes, especially because the story is in the right pace, we aren't losing anything yet.
Dec 3, 2011 11:20 AM

Oct 2010
-Quasar said:
Weakest episode.

Yeah this was the most boring episode and i actually kept skipping through the whole thing. If i want to see Rin i rather see the teenage one. LOL

Seems like Gamaliel cant take it when somebody calls a boring episode boring.
Dec 3, 2011 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
Well I liked the ep. Nice to have some stuff between tokiomi and rin. Super worms kariiya against starfish was great!

Well, maybe it was a bit long, I would have preferred an expanded version of lance flashback... and 1/3 less of rin's adventure...

but at least it had a happy ending... Good animation, and ambient music :)
Dec 3, 2011 11:21 AM
Mar 2011
3 epi left, i guess no servants (or master) will die (or eliminated) off this war?
which makes the next season even more exciting
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 3, 2011 11:31 AM

Jun 2008
Bolt_ said:
Well, maybe it was a bit long, I would have preferred an expanded version of lance flashback... and 1/3 less of rin's adventure...)

QFT

I'm not a fan of Rin from the start, so this was actually boring for me. The only good part is when Kariya showed up.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 3, 2011 11:39 AM

Dec 2007
Rin actually saving the kids didn't sit well, but really a big part due to it not being in the novel at all. Which i know kinda sucks, if I didn't previously read the novel i may not have found fault. I mean, for me at this point Fate/Zero is supposed to be a story of hopelessness and terror and Rin saving Kotone took a little from that. Her not finding Kotone in the novel felt like a stage setter for the terrible world of magic her life is gonna pass through. But as an episode besides that, it was great.

But next episode is gonna be the best, most epic piece of cinema fkng ever!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2011 11:43 AM

Nov 2009
Loved it. Absolutely loved how they expanded the stuff from the novel.
Dec 3, 2011 11:49 AM

Jul 2010
Opinions certainly depend if you have read the novel or not. Since I haven't, I can only base upon what I see in the anime plus the F/SN VN. With that said, Rin showed she was at a high level already at that age. It's no wonder she's an excellent magi when she grows up.
Dec 3, 2011 12:00 PM

Nov 2009
Well i didnt rread the novel, but I know what happened there... so this ep, well gives you some happy moments (that this series needs :P)

Well, I dont hate rin... But my highligh of the episode was seeing more about tokiomi, kariya and aoi
Dec 3, 2011 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
I actually did think that this was a filler, but it was an enjoyable one, nonetheless. It's probably because I really disliked Rin after Heavens' Feel, but thanks to this episode, I started to like her again.

Also, I really like that dialogue between Kariya and that woman who's supposed to be Rin's guardian at the time. Quite a sad scene, if you think about it and knows what happens in the future.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 3, 2011 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
guyklc said:
that woman who's supposed to be Rin's guardian at the time.

You know, you can also use the word "mother"
Dec 3, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2011
besides Kariya and his "magic" the best part for me was:

Dec 3, 2011 12:25 PM
Dec 2011
Not the best but not the worst. I actually pretty much enjoyed this episode.
Nice episode before the big one=D Rin was adorable and I started to like Kariya too.

Bolt_ said:

Well, maybe it was a bit long, I would have preferred an expanded version of lance flashback... and 1/3 less of rin's adventure...

C'mon..... I rather watch this episode 10 times again than watch that flashback of crappy love story of his.
LordSDec 3, 2011 1:16 PM
Dec 3, 2011 12:35 PM

Nov 2009
LordS said:
C'mon..... I rather watch this episode 10 times again than watch that flashback of crappy love story of his.

oh well... I loved this ep, but I just wanted it a bit shorter... to each his own ;)

Maybe de BDs will give me more backstory of lancer/berserker/caster/assasin/archer/rider etc
Dec 3, 2011 1:27 PM

Mar 2010

Kariya: "My servant is the best one!!!"

That was a close moment for Rin there...
stevewiess01Dec 3, 2011 1:36 PM

Dec 3, 2011 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
I think they could of made this episode focus more on the father than Rin but it's good to see Rin nevertheless. A bit of a filler but good episode.

People perceive things differently.Some people might find this filler and I don't blame them since it does slightly deviate from the story however, as a whole series where Fate/zero is a prequel and Fate/Stay Night is a sequel, I think it's an interesting development to watch.People have to remember it's a "prequel". Not a stand alone series. Huge difference.

Every time I see Kariya, It makes me more depressed knowing that he's going to die. Even worse that he knows he's going to die.
Bolt_ said:
LordS said:

oh well... I loved this ep, but I just wanted it a bit shorter... to each his own ;)

Maybe de BDs will give me more backstory of lancer/berserker/caster/assasin/archer/rider etc

Yeah, I was actually going to post a new thread about it. It would be interesting for them to make episodes based on the the servants especially Saber, Gilgamesh and Rider.Saber and Gilgamesh fate story has much more potential in my opinion. It would also be very good if they make episodes showing Emiya's past as well. Not sure if they actually do that in Fate/zero since I never got around finishing the light novel.
Dec 3, 2011 1:51 PM

Oct 2007
This episode may top Her Problem from FMP: The Second Raid for best stand alone episode. Really good and really tense. Probably my favourite episode yet.

Dec 3, 2011 1:52 PM

Sep 2008
Not a Tohsaka fan so meh episode for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2011 2:11 PM

Sep 2010
Meh episode.

They should have stick closer to the novels, instead of the adventures of Super Loli Rin saving the day (you know, what happened to have a horrible mental breakdown after finding out the remains of children that she had to suppress her memories from it as it DID happen).

Aoi, Tokiomi, Kariya and Kotomine saved this trash from 1/5, it's 3/5 thanks to them.

guyklc said:
Also, I really like that dialogue between Kariya and that woman who's supposed to be Rin's guardian at the time.

LOL best way to describe Aoi, nobody can tell she's a mother for being fucking terrible at her job.
ThessDec 3, 2011 2:22 PM
Dec 3, 2011 2:47 PM
Aug 2010
Probably the weakest episode so far, but still good. I was kind of hoping it would have more of Tokiomi.

I was expecting Tokiomi to rescue Rin, which while a little bit on the deus ex machina (not exactly the phrase I"m looking for but it fits the general idea) side would have been a little more realistic.
chessmaster1989Dec 3, 2011 2:51 PM
Dec 3, 2011 3:17 PM

Feb 2009
Although one of lesser episodes, this was still a fairly good one. Rin was pretty powerful even at a young age.

Seeing Kariya made me pretty happy. So long we get to see Kariya and/or Iskander every few episodes, I am a happy guy! I would like to see more of Kariya's magic, though. That'll probably be more season two, though :(.
Dec 3, 2011 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
Finally a good episode after 2 meh ones.
Yay Lorin~
Dec 3, 2011 3:31 PM

May 2009
What is this, KnK6 part 2? Ufotable, you already messed up with that, don't do it again.
Dec 3, 2011 3:39 PM

Sep 2007
One episode that doesn't really link to the main story and everybody starts thinking the series just completely shat on itself.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.