Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Yearly Anime Music Sales Rankings for 2011

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 6, 2011 4:15 AM

Aug 2011
dtshyk said:
*2, 82,182 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica "connect"
*4, 48,994 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai "secret base ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~"
*5, 48,403 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica "Magia"
*7, 44,759 Fate/Zero "oath sign"
*8, 32,973 Fate/Zero "Memoria"
14, 28,070 Guilty Crown "My Dearest"

LOVE all of these.

dtshyk said:
17, 24,690 Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa "Hokago Overflow"

Surprised this was on there, but still good nonetheless. Ranka FTW!

Exkalamity said:
Koeda's voice...*sigh*... is why the instrumental version of My Dearest is my favorite song on the single.

Dot dot dot.

AlexSadist-sama said:
Connect was good but I definitely prefer Magia.

Agreed.

Zeream said:
Steins;Gate where?

Also agreed. OP and ED are both amazing--especially the latter.
DraconisMarchDec 6, 2011 4:32 AM
Dec 6, 2011 7:16 AM

Nov 2010
@DraconisMarch: What? Koeda's voice drowns out the rich complexity in the instrumental version. Koeda's pitch just tends to waver in a certain zone unchanging, making the entire song sound repetitive. When you remove her voice, you here the symphonic elements in the background rising and falling, drums building up tension, and crashing guitars signifying raging climax. It's quite an experience to listen to at full volume. =D
Dec 6, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2011
Exkalamity said:
@DraconisMarch: What? Koeda's voice drowns out the rich complexity in the instrumental version. Koeda's pitch just tends to waver in a certain zone unchanging, making the entire song sound repetitive. When you remove her voice, you here the symphonic elements in the background rising and falling, drums building up tension, and crashing guitars signifying raging climax. It's quite an experience to listen to at full volume. =D
Dude, her voice is frickin' beautiful. And she's only 15 years old.

Maybe the equalizing is off and her voice is too loud compared to the background music, but still... that doesn't make her voice bad.
Dec 6, 2011 7:36 PM

Nov 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Exkalamity said:
Dude, her voice is frickin' beautiful. And she's only 15 years old.

Maybe the equalizing is off and her voice is too loud compared to the background music, but still... that doesn't make her voice bad.

Her voice IMO, is not bad per se, but it was unsuited for singing My Dearest. Her voice lacked the raw power and quality to match the intensity of the song. It's probably not her fault; it would probably take someone with a voice as powerful as Nana Mizuki to sing My Dearest at it's fullest potential. However there is no doubt in my mind that Koeda couldn't do it. =/
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.