Forum Settings
Forums

Aniplex of America to Release Fate/Zero Blu-Ray Box Set in North America

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 1, 2011 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
I'm glad I never got into the Fate series. (I couldn't really finish F/SN because of Shiro)
That price is pretty expensive, but it's to be expected considering it gets out the same day as the Japanese one. So other than that, it's a good deal if you're an importer because it's less of a hassle.

Fans who are buying this: enjoy your F/Z Blu-ray Box~! :D
Dec 1, 2011 10:09 PM

Jan 2010
Kikimaru said:
Meanwhile, on the Internet, 95% of viewers will download MKV rips.

in soviet russia, MKV rips download viewers
Dec 1, 2011 10:13 PM

May 2011
Jeez...shit's getting expensive...

I swear, everytime one of these release notices for some anime comes up, the prices go higher and higher. -.-V
Dec 1, 2011 10:58 PM
Mar 2009
That's more than the Blu-Ray machine itself...or even a PS3.

What.
Dec 1, 2011 11:26 PM

Aug 2008
When I first saw the thread title, I started to jump with joy. When I read that the box set will include the extras, I started to scream, "Hallelujah! I am so buying this!" Then, I saw the price and went.... :o

I would buy it but... seriously?! This is more expensive than buying a new gaming system (and it's not even the whole series)... hell, even my laptop is cheaper than this! WTF, seriously? I generally consider myself to be a huge supporter of the anime industry, but with prices this high in this economy for a luxury good, then you guys can forget it. Go back to marketing class, please.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 1, 2011 11:40 PM

Jul 2010
With that kind of price for an import, only anime fans that have a huge income will most likely to buy this. As much as I predicted that Aniplex of America is licensing and distributing Fate/Zero but I did not expect them to do an import like they did with Kara no Kyoukai.
I would love to buy it but it's beyond expensive for a 13-episode series plus the extra stuff for a Blu-ray. Too bad I don't have a blu-ray player. :P

I was hoping for an English Dub for this series since Fate/stay night has been out in North America a few years ago but I guess it's too soon for an english dub.
animellyDec 1, 2011 11:50 PM
Dec 2, 2011 12:44 AM

Sep 2008
lol so many ignorant... Well this is MAL.
windy said:
so does this come with everything the japanese box comes with? too lazy to check.
if it does i suppose i'll have to pick it up. extras are what make buying anime so fun for me, so if this doesn't have everything i'd just import.
Its does, booklets n stuff is even translated.
Dec 2, 2011 2:02 AM

Jan 2011
Do I want it? Yes. Am I glad that shit actually is being sold state side? Yes.

Buying something for half a grand that shouldn't be more than $2-300 (for 13 episodes and a few bonus')? Unfortunately not.
IZEROIIDec 2, 2011 2:09 AM
Dec 2, 2011 2:59 AM

May 2010
Seeing as how it worked for Kara no Kyoukai, Aniplex is probably expecting the same trick to work a second time for Fate/Zero. (And I won't in the least bit be surprised if it does sell out like KnK).

Anyway, this is one show off my wishlist.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for a possible dub in the future, improbable as that may be...
Dec 2, 2011 3:28 AM

Dec 2010
fertygo said:
lol so many ignorant... Well this is MAL.

They werent paying attention for 1/54000th of a second, obviously.

Unfortunately I can't afford it. I could get an apartment and pay several bills with that amount. Definitely something I can live without.

.... I'm sorry Rider, Lancer. ;A;
Dec 2, 2011 5:13 AM

Oct 2007
I think some people never heard of something like this "Kara no Kyoukai Blu-ray Box Sold Out in the US" and the item itself costs about 1000$.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 2, 2011 5:42 AM

Sep 2008
Siva said:
I think some people never heard of something like this "Kara no Kyoukai Blu-ray Box Sold Out in the US" and the item itself costs about 1000$.

LOL.. no.

The KnK box is around this one prices, n only available for 300 pcs or similar.

This one will have very limited stock like those KnK box I assume, which is why many retarded and ignorant post on this thread (and maybe in other site like ANN) is disgusting.
Dec 2, 2011 10:16 AM

Feb 2010
I'm not even paying that much for Madoka Limited Edition...
Dec 2, 2011 2:27 PM

Aug 2008
jmal said:

guyklc said:
Go back to marketing class, please.

Like this person. Aniplex knows exactly what they're doing. They don't need to go back to marketing class because they weren't trying to sell it to you in the first place.

Maybe you should attend some marketing classes and brush up on the idea of target markets.

Maybe you should learn what price discrimination is. Just because such high prices can get them by in Japan doesn't mean they can get by with the American market. How else do you explain why an entire series of anime in the US costs less than TWO episodes of the same series in Japan? Let me remind you that when Lucky Star was brought to America (and that show has a HUGE fanbase), the limited edition sold for like $100 each (I think, been awhile so don't remember exact amount), it FLOPPED big time. American anime fans are NOT willing to pay as much as their Japanese counterparts.

Also, they're not targeting me, are you sure? Do you know how big of an anime fan I am? Do you know how much anime merchandises I buy imported from Japan? No? Then stop acting like a pretentious asshole as if you know me.

jmal said:
I bet anything this eventually sells out however many they planned to sell (a couple hundred, probably). The more they do this, the more they build up a customer base who is used to it and willing to pay. It'll be small, but the customer base in Japan is small too. There are definitely people out there who are curious about importing, but who don't want to navigate foreign websites and international shipping. That was me for a while, before I jumped in full-tilt and am now import-only. Those are the people Aniplex is after... and they don't need to be numerous.

The anime supporters here in America is very likely to be much smaller than the amount of anime supporters in Japan. Anime may be a niche market in both countries, but it definitely has a bigger market in Japan. In other words, anime supporters in America are a very small minority in an already very small niche market, and Aniplex's decisions are alienating many of them (myself and many others here included). Not a clever marketing plan.

But that's fine. Let's wait and see how this will turn out.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 2, 2011 2:33 PM
Nov 2011
I'll get it depending on how much I'll get for Christmas. I'll also wait for a sale.
Dec 2, 2011 8:44 PM

Oct 2007
Well if you look at how the price of movies, be they VHS, DVDs, or Blu-rays, have stayed at a pretty constant rate; if you were to add 15 years of inflation that should seem like a reasonable price. But downloading them and storing stuff on a external is so convenient.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2011 4:30 AM

Feb 2010
jmal said:
Cashdaxxx said:
EDIT: what part did I say about the mispriced merchandise? I think you're talking to the wrong guy.

It's a general "you", as in the people complaining here when they know they were never going to buy it anyway.

What I'm talking about is that Aniplex still sells anime especially in America, where anime is frequently* downloaded rather than bought(Distance Issues). Which takes me to the conclusion that anime still sells ignoring the high price so therefore NOT DEAD. Seriously I never complained, you can reread my posts if you want. And stop quoting someone's post if you are talking to the "GENERAL YOU".

* - That's what I've observed.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 3, 2011 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
Its expensive.
My Candies:
Bonus Candy:
Dec 3, 2011 7:14 AM
Oct 2010
kinda want. but damn.. thats a lot more than i want to pay. especially when ive been let down by the first season so far (high expectations ftl)
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 3, 2011 7:47 AM

Nov 2008
This will only attract importers and reverse importers, no one else will pay those prices. No wonder Aniplex did what they did with Sacred Seven and added subs to their BDs, they only want the western and SE Asian importers along with otaku in Japan to buy their goods and jack up the price to do so.

Dec 3, 2011 3:28 PM
Jul 2008
what a ridiculous prices.
Dec 4, 2011 9:49 PM
Nov 2011
shadowtsunami said:
lol their pricing is retarded. You can get a PSV for that, a good laptop, or a great tablet .

I'll buy it after I get a MacBook Pro 15" then I'll be set. I need college to come sooner!
Dec 5, 2011 6:35 PM

Apr 2010
What the actual hell man?!

Who charges that much for a box set? >:O
Dec 5, 2011 7:26 PM

Sep 2010
soulless4now said:
What the actual hell man?!

Who charges that much for a box set? >:O

Japan does this all the time. It would have been better if Aniplex dubbed it, but after seeing that they are charging $40~$50 for 4 episodes of Madoka its still ridiculous pricing.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 8, 2011 2:55 AM

Dec 2008
notsureifsrs said:
I am the bone of my wallet
Anime is my body and manga is my blood
I have bought over a thousand titles
Unaware of loss, Nor aware of gain
Withstood pain to purchase BDs, waiting for one’s arrival
I have no regrets. This is the only path
My whole life was unlimited pricing works

hahha
Dec 8, 2011 5:55 AM

May 2009
And it will still sell out.
Dec 16, 2011 6:09 AM

Jan 2009

I was willing to drop $150 on this, but 500? :(

I understand the arguments on this thread, all seem fair, so I guess I just need a job in Japan >_>
Dec 23, 2011 4:16 AM

Oct 2009
Well, we complain about the big price tag but Kara no Kyoukai box-set sold out in a pretty short amount time given it was priced at $400.

EDIT: Shit, obviously it was already mentioned.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2011 3:00 PM

Aug 2011
Wait a year, you will be able to purchase in a re-sale shop for $2.50.

Active Military, Prior Service and Veteran's Anime Club
do not forget the sound of my voice until the day we reunite
Dec 28, 2011 6:28 PM
Nov 2010
Antalk said:
Wait 50 years, you will be able to purchase in a re-sale shop for $2.50.

fix'd
Dec 30, 2011 6:37 PM

Apr 2011
Oh wow that's a lot of money. So much for thinking about buying the complete Season 1.
Dec 30, 2011 6:54 PM

Sep 2010
Z-flame said:
Antalk said:
Wait 50 years, you will be able to purchase in a re-sale shop for $2.50.

fix'd

Wouldn't it be more than it is now since it would be OOP? So yeah just keep thinking that it might come true if you wish hard enough.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 16, 2012 7:06 AM
Nov 2009
Just preordered two sets. ^_^
Jan 16, 2012 8:58 AM

Oct 2009
$500!? Seriously?
GogettersJan 16, 2012 9:01 AM
Jan 16, 2012 9:06 AM

Sep 2010
Votkrath said:
Just preordered two sets. ^_^

Must be nice to have $800 dollars lying around. *is poor*
Jan 16, 2012 5:19 PM

Feb 2010
Would love to get this but i am in college and do not have that much money left over to buy this lol.
Sheepshaman.png
Jan 16, 2012 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
Wayyy too much, if they wanted to actually make any sell make it lower..... As illegals downloads are avaliable and is ruining the industry
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 19, 2012 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
...this is some sort of sick joke, right?
Feb 19, 2012 2:35 PM

Sep 2008
GodlyKyon said:
Wayyy too much, if they wanted to actually make any sell make it lower..... As illegals downloads are avaliable and is ruining the industry
its cheap for R1 standard, I know people like jmal rejoice they don't need to spend 600$ or sumthing for 6 vol R1 BDs
its real possibility at that time.
red_meat said:
Its import release.
Feb 19, 2012 3:27 PM
Jan 2012
Antalk said:
Wait a year, you will be able to purchase in a re-sale shop for $2.50.

Wait a few hours and it'll be torrented.
Mar 4, 2012 6:08 PM
Mar 2010
Yea, a college student with a 11/hr job...as much as I want this...I can't justify droping 370x2 vs all other R1 releases I could afford....So cost/beni ratio is too lopsided for me. Although, I do understand its not aimed at me. Just disappointed I don't have a higher paying P/T job and all .
Mar 6, 2012 10:38 PM
Mar 2012
I just saw that it was going to be released today and thought "Hmm, I should buy this right away considering I tend to miss the boat on a lot of series" (I tend to have a horrible habit of not developing an interest in a series until the Blu-Rays/DVDs are out of print).

But then I saw the price.....

Any chance this will get a proper license and release with a price that's easier to swallow or will this be a now or never sale a la the Baccano Blu-Ray set?
victorc26Mar 7, 2012 12:05 AM
Mar 6, 2012 10:48 PM

Aug 2007
I'd never buy an anime for that much. Especially for something like Fate/Zero, not worth it in the least.

Mar 7, 2012 4:49 AM

Apr 2011
victorc26 said:
I just saw that it was going to be released today and thought "Hmm, I should buy this right away considering I tend to miss the boat on a lot of series" (I tend to have a horrible habit of not developing an interest in a series until the Blu-Rays/DVDs are out of print).

But then I saw the price.....

Any chance this will get a proper license and release with a price that's easier to swallow or will this be a now or never sale a la the Baccano Blu-Ray set?
Possibly, but we don't know for sure. KnK sold out a year ago, and no news on an R1 release.
red_meat said:
Nope, this is what anime costs in Japan. If you want the Japanese release the same day as Japan, you must pay what they pay. Shocking isn't it?
Jan 23, 2013 9:59 AM

Jun 2012
I
notsureifsrs said:
I am the bone of my wallet
Anime is my body and manga is my blood
I have bought over a thousand titles
Unaware of loss, Nor aware of gain
Withstood pain to purchase BDs, waiting for one’s arrival
I have no regrets. This is the only path
My whole life was unlimited pricing works

I AM WEAK.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

57 by ScarRufus »»
18 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 5 hours ago

1 by deg »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.