Forum Settings
Forums

Aniplex of America to Release Fate/Zero Blu-Ray Box Set in North America

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 1, 2011 1:59 PM

Jul 2010
jmal said:
Homestuck said:
essentially two months worth of apartment rent

$370 gets you two months of rent? Where the hell do you live? A cardboard box in Somalia? =P I pay ~$1000 a month with utilities and that's a pretty good price around here.

Man you could buy like... two whole animes for that

(sorry my math was a bit off lol)

PS: It's a cardboard box under the freeway overpass thank you.
Dec 1, 2011 2:05 PM

Sep 2009
> $370 gets you two months of rent? Where the hell do you live? A cardboard box in Somalia? =P I pay ~$1000 a month with utilities and that's a pretty good price around here.

1 month rent price for small apartment in my city are about 200-350$ but still.
Dec 1, 2011 2:07 PM

Jul 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
> $370 gets you two months of rent? Where the hell do you live? A cardboard box in Somalia? =P I pay ~$1000 a month with utilities and that's a pretty good price around here.

1 month rent price for small apartment in my city are about 200-350$ but still.
Yeah 1 grand a month sounds like San Francisco or New York prices but uh... I think we're off topic now.
Dec 1, 2011 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
$380 for 11 episode series ill pass

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Dec 1, 2011 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
I would buy it if it was reasonably priced but now I will just stick to downloads.
Dec 1, 2011 2:42 PM

Aug 2011

or

Order subject to your interpretation.
Dec 1, 2011 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
Dec 1, 2011 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
MONEY.

I NEED MONEY.
Dec 1, 2011 3:08 PM
Jul 2010
Kikimaru said:
Meanwhile, on the Internet, 95% of viewers will download MKV rips.
Count me in on that.
Dec 1, 2011 3:16 PM

Oct 2011
Sweet, I think I will get it-
*sees price*
URGH!T_T
Dec 1, 2011 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
IF I had the money I would to support the studio but all my money is going toward gaming...damn that's expensive though
Dec 1, 2011 3:34 PM

Sep 2008
As expected this thread only goes full retard talking bout the price lol

Hey fags this IS R1 import release, like KnK for those who would not wait longer for R2 release by aniplex US or something like this.

Zeus, you guys better be grateful there is release like this n including english booklets n shiet for those who can pay. Importing by yourself can be a bitch.
fertygoDec 1, 2011 3:45 PM
Dec 1, 2011 3:41 PM

Jan 2010
Put gas in my G8 for a month or buy Fate/Zero on Blu Ray.

Fuck....this is a tough decision.
Ok™
Dec 1, 2011 3:43 PM

Jun 2009
So much fucking money, not that it wasn't expected at least. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 1, 2011 3:46 PM

Feb 2010
I won't buy KnK for this price and I will not buy FZ for this price. Seriously, what the hell is this? Maybe they would get more sales over here if it wasn't so insanely expensive
Dec 1, 2011 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
jmal said:

yes it costs a lot but it's pretty much the same as importing. Welcome to an importer's world. Nobody should be surprised by it at this point, though.

^ FUCKING THIS!

You guys wish to own the BDs at the same time as the japanese with the same amount of extras and everything...then you will pay the same price they have to pay for pretty much every anime that is ever released over there.
An individual BD volume in japan is approx $60 and more, the price for anime is pretty damn high but I guess I have a job for that reason...
Dec 1, 2011 3:49 PM

Nov 2007
Redfoxoffire said:
they will release the first 13-episode Blu-ray box set of Fate/Zero on March 7th in North America, the same date as the Japanese release for the set.

\( ゚ ▽゚ ) /
"Have all my money!"

Redfoxoffire said:
Retail price of the set is US $498.98, however, Right Stuf is offering the set for pre-order at US $369.98.

щ (゚ ロ゚ щ)
"I don't have that much money!"
Dec 1, 2011 3:50 PM

Jan 2011
jpem said:
Was excited until i saw the price.

Same.

$500? FOR ONLY 12 EPISODES?

I will make my own BD.
[center]
Dec 1, 2011 3:51 PM

Sep 2008
McRib said:
Put gas in my G8 for a month or buy Fate/Zero on Blu Ray.

Fuck....this is a tough decision.

Or sacrifice your upgrade plan for skyrim + gaming cost for quarter like certain people does... T___________T
Dec 1, 2011 3:54 PM

Sep 2008
VioLink said:
jpem said:
Was excited until i saw the price.

Same.

$500? FOR ONLY 12 EPISODES?

I will make my own BD.

Loli rin order you to shut up.

btw just joking man.
Dec 1, 2011 4:06 PM

Apr 2010
FatherAnderson said:
I won't buy KnK for this price and I will not buy FZ for this price. Seriously, what the hell is this? Maybe they would get more sales over here if it wasn't so insanely expensive

More sales, for sure. More profit though? Who knows. You'd need to sell 10 copies for every 1 copy you sell of this to break even.

Dec 1, 2011 4:20 PM
Nov 2009
Inelastic demand from otaku, so no reason for Aniplex to charge a lower price.
Dec 1, 2011 4:29 PM

Apr 2010
Plus, Type Moon has as rabid a fanbase as there is, even in the West. There will be quite a few people who buy this.

Dec 1, 2011 4:32 PM

Sep 2010
RyanSaotome said:
Plus, Type Moon has as rabid a fanbase as there is, even in the West. There will be quite a few people who buy this.

I say forget the boxset and buy the PSP game since it is getting an NA release from Aksys or whatever they're called along with that Hakuouki game. ^_^ Its cheaper in the long run.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 1, 2011 4:34 PM

Sep 2008
RyanSaotome said:

Well 300 KnK import box is sold out last time they doing it.

And people need to be keep reminded this is R1 import release, its purpose is just to make your life easier if want buy the R1 box. Although its does have some kickass extras like translated booklet n note for drama CDs.

You all might get cheaper R2 release with dubs and stuff (much) later.
Dec 1, 2011 4:47 PM

Dec 2008
Welp guess I'll be sitting out on this one.
Dec 1, 2011 4:53 PM

Dec 2009
$500 for 13 episodes?
You're joking right?
Dec 1, 2011 5:03 PM

Mar 2008
did saber eat too much while on the filming set and now they're in debt or something? sheesh that's expensive for a box set.
Dec 1, 2011 5:03 PM

Aug 2009
I'd rather connect to a faster Internet provider.
Dec 1, 2011 5:21 PM

Nov 2010
notsureifsrs said:
I am the bone of my wallet
Anime is my body and manga is my blood
I have bought over a thousand titles
Unaware of loss, Nor aware of gain
Withstood pain to purchase BDs, waiting for one’s arrival
I have no regrets. This is the only path
My whole life was unlimited pricing works

WOOOSH and the forum is surrounded by a ring of fire.

Kikimaru said:

Except UTW's subs are fabulously gorgeous. Shelling out $300+ for inferior quality translations =/. Morals and ethics be damned; that's just bad business.
Dec 1, 2011 5:47 PM

Feb 2008
Oh wow. I find it so cute that:

A) They claim that "there is a little market" for anime in Eu and America. And then put a pricetag that's insane.

B) blame pirates for lost sales. Well honestly. What would you chooce, pirate for 0,50$ (ish) or buy it for 1000 times as much (Yes, thats right. ONETHOUSANDFUCKINGDOLLARS!).

The day people stop to but shit for this amount of cash is the day we will start to se a anime for a better price. As of now, Manga has a way higher value

/Drunk ramble
Dec 1, 2011 5:49 PM

Nov 2007
I guess they need to combat reverse importing of the set too seeing as it'll be out relatively quickly, but that's still a little more than I would have expected. Still considering it though..
Dec 1, 2011 5:59 PM

Jan 2010
fertygo said:

Or sacrifice your upgrade plan for skyrim + gaming cost for quarter like certain people does... T___________T

I just upgraded my PC last week for modern games too. Maybe I shouldn't have sprung for the i7-3930k and went with a 2600k instead.

Oh well...I guess I'll see if I have the cash then. But I doubt it...next up is tires and brakes which would get me 5 box sets of Fate/Zero by itself.
Ok™
Dec 1, 2011 6:34 PM

Oct 2007
Exkalamity said:
Kikimaru said:

Except UTW's subs are fabulously gorgeous. Shelling out $300+ for inferior quality translations =/. Morals and ethics be damned; that's just bad business.
You just don't get it, right? The point is, why bothering to buy a ticket to see a concert of your favourite singer when you actually already have the music and can listen to it whenever and wherever you want?
They are selling it to the ones who want to buy but not the ones who only want to have but don't want to pay.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 1, 2011 7:35 PM

Feb 2010
99 out of 100 people will be scared with that price.

$500.

^And they say anime is dying D:
game8910 said:
^ FUCKING THIS!

You guys wish to own the BDs at the same time as the japanese with the same amount of extras and everything...then you will pay the same price they have to pay for pretty much every anime that is ever released over there.
An individual BD volume in japan is approx $60 and more, the price for anime is pretty damn high but I guess I have a job for that reason...
They have different currency their, which means they look differently at money. Just like how they just spend their allowance in Coke Cans while I settle with Coke 8oz bottles. Got it?
CashdaxDec 1, 2011 7:42 PM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 1, 2011 7:57 PM

Feb 2010
jmal said:
Cashdaxxx said:
99 out of 100 people will be scared with that price.

But if 1 in 100 buys it, you'll probably do well at that price. That's the business model. I don't think it's perfect, but it works.
err no. The left 1 out of 100 will have 50/50 chance to buy or not to buy the merchandise.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 1, 2011 8:48 PM

Feb 2010
jmal said:
Cashdaxxx said:
jmal said:
But if 1 in 100 buys it, you'll probably do well at that price. That's the business model. I don't think it's perfect, but it works.
err no. The left 1 out of 100 will have 50/50 chance to buy or not to buy the merchandise.

Everyone has a 50/50 chance to buy anything (yes or no) you're defining it in such simplistic terms. And if we want to do "1 in 100" "50/50" hyper-generalized pseudo-statistics, let's take it a step further and admit that ~97 of those 99 people refuse to pay any price and never intended to buy their anime in the first place.

Aniplex has no interest in selling this release to the average casual fan who wants to pay $0-50 for an entire cour of anime and not a penny more. They want to sell it to a couple hundred hardcore collectors. So claiming they're making a mistake based on this price not satisfying a group they never considered in the first place is shouting into the wind. I'd never belittle someone for not being willing or able to pay such high prices, but it'd also be nice if such people realized Aniplex isn't selling it to you. Just go watch the streams or download the fansubs and you won't even need to think about it. But you're absolutely not getting a day-and-date JP-mirroring BD release loaded with extras for less than what the Japanese pay. It is just not going to happen.
Why so serious? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Let's take this as an example, the 99 people read this thread, thought that they will never buy the BD's(because of the price). The 1in100 guy now has the choice of buying it or not(let's assume that he's on a pre-ordering site, and s/he has the money). Basically just what you said.

Same as on a food stand, the 99 would read the price and pass while the 1in100 guy stays there and ponder.
EDIT: what part did I say about the mispriced merchandise? I think you're talking to the wrong guy.
CashdaxDec 1, 2011 8:52 PM

Dec 1, 2011 8:52 PM

Mar 2009
For that amount of cash, I certainly hope Saber, Irisviel and Sola Ui come out of the screen and perform sexual favors for the buyers. Otherwise, totally not worth it.

Seriously, though, I get all the reasons for the pricing, but if an affordable set isn't released a couple of years down the road, that really sucks for people who do want to own a physical copy and just simply cannot pay this outrageous amount.
Dec 1, 2011 9:11 PM
Sep 2010
...Those prices man :/
Dec 1, 2011 9:13 PM

Nov 2006
so does this come with everything the japanese box comes with? too lazy to check.
if it does i suppose i'll have to pick it up. extras are what make buying anime so fun for me, so if this doesn't have everything i'd just import.

Exkalamity said:

lol ok.
Dec 1, 2011 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
I'm glad I never got into the Fate series. (I couldn't really finish F/SN because of Shiro)
That price is pretty expensive, but it's to be expected considering it gets out the same day as the Japanese one. So other than that, it's a good deal if you're an importer because it's less of a hassle.

Fans who are buying this: enjoy your F/Z Blu-ray Box~! :D
Dec 1, 2011 10:09 PM

Jan 2010
Kikimaru said:

in soviet russia, MKV rips download viewers
Dec 1, 2011 10:13 PM

May 2011
Jeez...shit's getting expensive...

I swear, everytime one of these release notices for some anime comes up, the prices go higher and higher. -.-V
Dec 1, 2011 10:58 PM
Mar 2009
That's more than the Blu-Ray machine itself...or even a PS3.

What.
Dec 1, 2011 11:26 PM

Aug 2008
When I first saw the thread title, I started to jump with joy. When I read that the box set will include the extras, I started to scream, "Hallelujah! I am so buying this!" Then, I saw the price and went.... :o

I would buy it but... seriously?! This is more expensive than buying a new gaming system (and it's not even the whole series)... hell, even my laptop is cheaper than this! WTF, seriously? I generally consider myself to be a huge supporter of the anime industry, but with prices this high in this economy for a luxury good, then you guys can forget it. Go back to marketing class, please.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 1, 2011 11:40 PM

Jul 2010
With that kind of price for an import, only anime fans that have a huge income will most likely to buy this. As much as I predicted that Aniplex of America is licensing and distributing Fate/Zero but I did not expect them to do an import like they did with Kara no Kyoukai.
I would love to buy it but it's beyond expensive for a 13-episode series plus the extra stuff for a Blu-ray. Too bad I don't have a blu-ray player. :P

I was hoping for an English Dub for this series since Fate/stay night has been out in North America a few years ago but I guess it's too soon for an english dub.
animellyDec 1, 2011 11:50 PM
Dec 2, 2011 12:44 AM

Sep 2008
lol so many ignorant... Well this is MAL.
windy said:
so does this come with everything the japanese box comes with? too lazy to check.
if it does i suppose i'll have to pick it up. extras are what make buying anime so fun for me, so if this doesn't have everything i'd just import.
Its does, booklets n stuff is even translated.
Dec 2, 2011 2:02 AM

Jan 2011
Do I want it? Yes. Am I glad that shit actually is being sold state side? Yes.

Buying something for half a grand that shouldn't be more than $2-300 (for 13 episodes and a few bonus')? Unfortunately not.
IZEROIIDec 2, 2011 2:09 AM
Dec 2, 2011 2:59 AM

May 2010
Seeing as how it worked for Kara no Kyoukai, Aniplex is probably expecting the same trick to work a second time for Fate/Zero. (And I won't in the least bit be surprised if it does sell out like KnK).

Anyway, this is one show off my wishlist.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for a possible dub in the future, improbable as that may be...
Dec 2, 2011 3:28 AM

Dec 2010
fertygo said:
lol so many ignorant... Well this is MAL.

They werent paying attention for 1/54000th of a second, obviously.

Unfortunately I can't afford it. I could get an apartment and pay several bills with that amount. Definitely something I can live without.

.... I'm sorry Rider, Lancer. ;A;
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
8 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
9 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.