MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Aniplex of America to Release Fate/Zero Blu-Ray Box Set in North America
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Aniplex of America to Release Fate/Zero Blu-Ray Box Set in North America

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
12-16-11, 10:04 AM

Faker_ said:
I was willing to drop $150 on this, but 500? :(
I understand the arguments on this thread, all seem fair, so I guess I just need a job in Japan >_>

Cost of living is also higher in Japan (depending on where you live) which would to an extent offset any higher salary.

Exchange rate is a huge factor, you can't go from ¥120/$1 or even ¥100/$1 down to ¥78/$1 and not feel a massive relative price increase. That's completely out of the hands of the anime industry, unfortunately.

Well, in that sense I guess getting paid in yen would help, but only to a point.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

12-23-11, 4:16 AM

Well, we complain about the big price tag but Kara no Kyoukai box-set sold out in a pretty short amount time given it was priced at $400.

EDIT: Shit, obviously it was already mentioned.

hi

12-28-11, 3:00 PM

Wait a year, you will be able to purchase in a re-sale shop for $2.50.

Active Military, Prior Service and Veteran's Anime Club
do not forget the sound of my voice until the day we reunite

12-28-11, 6:25 PM

Antalk said:

...Yeaaaah, sure, good luck with that.

12-28-11, 6:28 PM

Antalk said:
Wait 50 years, you will be able to purchase in a re-sale shop for $2.50.

fix'd

12-30-11, 6:37 PM

Oh wow that's a lot of money. So much for thinking about buying the complete Season 1.

12-30-11, 6:54 PM

Z-flame said:
Antalk said:
Wait 50 years, you will be able to purchase in a re-sale shop for $2.50.

fix'd

Wouldn't it be more than it is now since it would be OOP? So yeah just keep thinking that it might come true if you wish hard enough.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

01-16-12, 7:06 AM

Just preordered two sets. ^_^

01-16-12, 8:58 AM

$500!? Seriously?
Modified by Gogetters, 01-16-12, 9:01 AM

01-16-12, 9:06 AM

Votkrath said:
Just preordered two sets. ^_^

Must be nice to have $800 dollars lying around. *is poor*
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

01-16-12, 5:19 PM

Would love to get this but i am in college and do not have that much money left over to buy this lol.
Sheepshaman.png

01-16-12, 5:21 PM

Wayyy too much, if they wanted to actually make any sell make it lower..... As illegals downloads are avaliable and is ruining the industry
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys

01-16-12, 5:48 PM

GodlyKyon said:
Wayyy too much, if they wanted to actually make any sell make it lower..

That's not really how it works. You'd think so, because it seems like "common sense" that lower price = lots more sales, but it's really not true for anime. Even when lower prices get more people buying, they usually don't raise the numbers proportionally high enough to offset the lower revenue from a lower MSRP.

In other words, if you cut the price in half, you have to double your sales (slightly more really, to account for extra copies printed and packaged and all that). That's much, much, much easier said than done. If this were cut from $370 to $185 I bet you'd be lucky to see sales go up, I dunno, maybe 25%, let alone over 100%. If you lowered it to $60, you'd need to see sales go up over 600%... you get the point. It wouldn't happen.

As illegals downloads are avaliable and is ruining the industry

R1 seems perfectly capable of ruining itself despite charging next to nothing. For Japanese anime buyers, importers, and buyers of these Aniplex sets, price isn't the main concern.

02-19-12, 2:23 PM

...this is some sort of sick joke, right?

02-19-12, 2:35 PM

GodlyKyon said:
Wayyy too much, if they wanted to actually make any sell make it lower..... As illegals downloads are avaliable and is ruining the industry
its cheap for R1 standard, I know people like jmal rejoice they don't need to spend 600$ or sumthing for 6 vol R1 BDs
its real possibility at that time.
red_meat said:
Its import release.

02-19-12, 3:27 PM

Antalk said:

Wait a few hours and it'll be torrented.

03-04-12, 6:08 PM

Yea, a college student with a 11/hr job...as much as I want this...I can't justify droping 370x2 vs all other R1 releases I could afford....So cost/beni ratio is too lopsided for me. Although, I do understand its not aimed at me. Just disappointed I don't have a higher paying P/T job and all .

03-06-12, 10:38 PM

I just saw that it was going to be released today and thought "Hmm, I should buy this right away considering I tend to miss the boat on a lot of series" (I tend to have a horrible habit of not developing an interest in a series until the Blu-Rays/DVDs are out of print).

But then I saw the price.....

Any chance this will get a proper license and release with a price that's easier to swallow or will this be a now or never sale a la the Baccano Blu-Ray set?
Modified by victorc26, 03-07-12, 12:05 AM

03-06-12, 10:48 PM

I'd never buy an anime for that much. Especially for something like Fate/Zero, not worth it in the least.

03-07-12, 4:49 AM

victorc26 said:
I just saw that it was going to be released today and thought "Hmm, I should buy this right away considering I tend to miss the boat on a lot of series" (I tend to have a horrible habit of not developing an interest in a series until the Blu-Rays/DVDs are out of print).

But then I saw the price.....

Any chance this will get a proper license and release with a price that's easier to swallow or will this be a now or never sale a la the Baccano Blu-Ray set?
Possibly, but we don't know for sure. KnK sold out a year ago, and no news on an R1 release.
red_meat said:
Nope, this is what anime costs in Japan. If you want the Japanese release the same day as Japan, you must pay what they pay. Shocking isn't it?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices