MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Aniplex of America to Release Fate/Zero Blu-Ray Box Set in North America
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Aniplex of America to Release Fate/Zero Blu-Ray Box Set in North America

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (7) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
12-01-11, 3:49 PM

Redfoxoffire said:
they will release the first 13-episode Blu-ray box set of Fate/Zero on March 7th in North America, the same date as the Japanese release for the set.

\( ゚ ▽゚ ) /
"Have all my money!"

Redfoxoffire said:
Retail price of the set is US $498.98, however, Right Stuf is offering the set for pre-order at US $369.98.

щ (゚ ロ゚ щ)
"I don't have that much money!"

12-01-11, 3:50 PM

jpem said:
Was excited until i saw the price.

Same.

$500? FOR ONLY 12 EPISODES?

I will make my own BD.

12-01-11, 3:51 PM

McRib said:
Put gas in my G8 for a month or buy Fate/Zero on Blu Ray.

Fuck....this is a tough decision.

Or sacrifice your upgrade plan for skyrim + gaming cost for quarter like certain people does... T___________T

12-01-11, 3:54 PM

VioLink said:
jpem said:
Was excited until i saw the price.

Same.

$500? FOR ONLY 12 EPISODES?

I will make my own BD.

Loli rin order you to shut up.

btw just joking man.

12-01-11, 4:06 PM

FatherAnderson said:
I won't buy KnK for this price and I will not buy FZ for this price. Seriously, what the hell is this? Maybe they would get more sales over here if it wasn't so insanely expensive

More sales, for sure. More profit though? Who knows. You'd need to sell 10 copies for every 1 copy you sell of this to break even.

12-01-11, 4:20 PM

Inelastic demand from otaku, so no reason for Aniplex to charge a lower price.

12-01-11, 4:29 PM

Plus, Type Moon has as rabid a fanbase as there is, even in the West. There will be quite a few people who buy this.

12-01-11, 4:32 PM

RyanSaotome said:
Plus, Type Moon has as rabid a fanbase as there is, even in the West. There will be quite a few people who buy this.

I say forget the boxset and buy the PSP game since it is getting an NA release from Aksys or whatever they're called along with that Hakuouki game. ^_^ Its cheaper in the long run.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

12-01-11, 4:34 PM

RyanSaotome said:

Well 300 KnK import box is sold out last time they doing it.

And people need to be keep reminded this is R1 import release, its purpose is just to make your life easier if want buy the R1 box. Although its does have some kickass extras like translated booklet n note for drama CDs.

You all might get cheaper R2 release with dubs and stuff (much) later.

12-01-11, 4:47 PM

Welp guess I'll be sitting out on this one.

12-01-11, 4:53 PM

$500 for 13 episodes?
You're joking right?

12-01-11, 5:03 PM

did saber eat too much while on the filming set and now they're in debt or something? sheesh that's expensive for a box set.

12-01-11, 5:03 PM

I'd rather connect to a faster Internet provider.

12-01-11, 5:21 PM

notsureifsrs said:
I am the bone of my wallet
Anime is my body and manga is my blood
I have bought over a thousand titles
Unaware of loss, Nor aware of gain
Withstood pain to purchase BDs, waiting for one’s arrival
I have no regrets. This is the only path
My whole life was unlimited pricing works

WOOOSH and the forum is surrounded by a ring of fire.

Kikimaru said:
Meanwhile, on the Internet, 95% of viewers will download MKV rips.

Except UTW's subs are fabulously gorgeous. Shelling out $300+ for inferior quality translations =/. Morals and ethics be damned; that's just bad business.

12-01-11, 5:47 PM

Oh wow. I find it so cute that:

A) They claim that "there is a little market" for anime in Eu and America. And then put a pricetag that's insane.

B) blame pirates for lost sales. Well honestly. What would you chooce, pirate for 0,50$ (ish) or buy it for 1000 times as much (Yes, thats right. ONETHOUSANDFUCKINGDOLLARS!).

The day people stop to but shit for this amount of cash is the day we will start to se a anime for a better price. As of now, Manga has a way higher value

/Drunk ramble

12-01-11, 5:49 PM

I guess they need to combat reverse importing of the set too seeing as it'll be out relatively quickly, but that's still a little more than I would have expected. Still considering it though..

12-01-11, 5:59 PM

fertygo said:

Or sacrifice your upgrade plan for skyrim + gaming cost for quarter like certain people does... T___________T

I just upgraded my PC last week for modern games too. Maybe I shouldn't have sprung for the i7-3930k and went with a 2600k instead.

Oh well...I guess I'll see if I have the cash then. But I doubt it...next up is tires and brakes which would get me 5 box sets of Fate/Zero by itself.
Ok™

12-01-11, 6:34 PM

Exkalamity said:
Kikimaru said:
Meanwhile, on the Internet, 95% of viewers will download MKV rips.

Except UTW's subs are fabulously gorgeous. Shelling out $300+ for inferior quality translations =/. Morals and ethics be damned; that's just bad business.
You just don't get it, right? The point is, why bothering to buy a ticket to see a concert of your favourite singer when you actually already have the music and can listen to it whenever and wherever you want?
They are selling it to the ones who want to buy but not the ones who only want to have but don't want to pay.

"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie."

12-01-11, 7:08 PM

Xelzy said:
A) They claim that "there is a little market" for anime in Eu and America.

And it's true, if you mean a market that will actually buy things, at any price, low or high.

And then put a pricetag that's insane.

Because it's easier to find a couple hundred people willing to pay import prices (some of us already import anyway) than ten times as many to pay typical R1 prices.

B) blame pirates for lost sales.

I'll grant this is annoying, but it's something media companies are always going to say, whether they even believe it or not. Does anyone take that seriously anymore? Anyway, Aniplex's strategy is a response to the realities of piracy. People are going to download it even if they sold it for $60, so you might as well target the hardcore collector that'll buy no matter what.

For the record, I'm not anti-piracy at all. I think it serves many important purposes. But I am quite adamantly pro-buying stuff too. (I'm putting about $12k USD into JP BD and CD imports this year.)

Well honestly. What would you chooce, pirate for 0,50$ (ish) or buy it for 1000 times as much

I choose both. Download fansubs and import 3-6 shows a season. I utterly reject your false dichotomy.

(Yes, thats right. ONETHOUSANDFUCKINGDOLLARS!).

No, that's wrong actually. $370 * 2 != $1000.

The day people stop to but shit for this amount of cash is the day we will start to se a anime for a better price.

The day Japanese stop paying Japanese prices is the day you stop seeing anime, period. Japanese buyers and importers are subsidizing your cheap as dirt $60 R1 cour sets. R1s sure don't sell enough to pay production costs.

/Drunk ramble

Sober up first next time.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

12-01-11, 7:35 PM

99 out of 100 people will be scared with that price.

$500.

^And they say anime is dying D:
game8910 said:
^ FUCKING THIS!

You guys wish to own the BDs at the same time as the japanese with the same amount of extras and everything...then you will pay the same price they have to pay for pretty much every anime that is ever released over there.
An individual BD volume in japan is approx $60 and more, the price for anime is pretty damn high but I guess I have a job for that reason...
They have different currency their, which means they look differently at money. Just like how they just spend their allowance in Coke Cans while I settle with Coke 8oz bottles. Got it?
Modified by Cashdax, 12-01-11, 7:42 PM
Why are you watching the S2 of the anime that you loathe?
¬‿¬ And give the suggestions board some love please.

An idea similar to my suggestion here got implemented but because of another guy. But I get to enjoy its benefits. So I Got That Goin' For Me, Which is Nice.

| Main characters on anime pages | Merge double posts |

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices