Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 2, 2011 7:28 AM

Jun 2011
Well, it's always seemed strange to me that Takakura couple sits in some small cheap restaurant all the time. ^^'

Btw, the "cute" funeral scene with Himari annoyed me a bit. Of course, it's cute in its own way, it's metaphorical and it claims the start of Kanba's deep love for Himari. But just imagine it. You're a 10 year old boy who's lost his father and then some kind of a girl with whom you have to live from now on just puts on a plaster on your cheek and says that it won't hurt anymore? How sarcastic. I'd push such a person back or start crying even more. ^^'
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Dec 2, 2011 7:38 AM

Apr 2010
This show has been obliterating my tear ducts these last few weeks.
Dec 2, 2011 7:56 AM

Aug 2009
StarryKite said:

Btw, the "cute" funeral scene with Himari annoyed me a bit. Of course, it's cute in its own way, it's metaphorical and it claims the start of Kanba's deep love for Himari. But just imagine it. You're a 10 year old boy who's lost his father and then some kind of a girl with whom you have to live from now on just puts on a plaster on your cheek and says that it won't hurt anymore? How sarcastic. '

They are even younger back then. Shouma and Kanba are 6 years old and Himari is only 3. I think it's even more amazing how mature all the kids are in this show. It's some heavy thoughts going through their minds.

I hope to see why Kanba left the Natsume family, his real brother and sister.
Dec 2, 2011 8:44 AM

Jun 2011
Oh. I was pretty amazed when some people were talking about Himari being 3 years younger than Takakura siblings (it's a cliche already, sorry ^^') which sets her as only 13. Come on, girls in 13 can't be so clever and reasonable and lovely. And Kanba's obsession feels a bit unnatural this way - I can't imagine a 16 year old guy falling for a 13 year old child.

She's been described in some versions being 14, however, I think that's closer. Also she's even claimed in Penguindrum TvTropes page as a part of Wise Beyond Her Years trope. ^-^

Well, his father died, and his grandpa was a mess of evil insanity, as we know already. Plus since he's rejected his son, it's natural he also rejected his grandson too. No wonder Takakuras decided to take Kanba in, especially since he's already been a close friend of Shouma and Himari.

But then! Why haven't they done a thing about Masako and Mario? Of course, raising 5 kids at once would've been insane, but that's just dishonest this way!
Dec 2, 2011 8:45 AM

Jun 2008
maca1989 said:

Isn't it weird that the princess entrusts her heart to Kanba and not to Shouma?
Somehow, I get the feeling that Kanba really despises Shouma from the start.
(...)
However, I believe hope is not lost for Shouma since he really might have a chance to save Kanba and Himari. Shouma in this state is more like the underdog; if he were able to get out of his carried burden and worries, he might be able to pull it off. With Ikuhara's track record of making unexpected plot twists, Shouma might even be playing Momoka in this generation.

Excellent comment, if i may say. ;)

And i do agree in everything you said. ´
I still think Kanba somehow cares for Shouma, but obviously his love for Himari surpasses everything.
I think all the hardships Kanba´s been through made him cold.
Also, if i recall, in episode 12 the princess says to him "The Scorpion soul light shines red" while grabbing the light in his chest. I went to see the symbolism of Scorpions and i found in a page this: "It represents the world in its harshest most destructive nature, and yet with a very protective nature. There is no cruelty in the scorpion. It is simple, emotionless, and deadly at the same time. Cold-blooded simplicity at its finest". which quite fits Kanba since he has the scorpion soul.

It is true that the princess hints that only him can save Himari, but we all know that she never, not even once tried the survival strategy with Shou, and my question is why? Because he was Himari´s fated one?

The Diary is surely important, but i do wonder why Sanetoshi didnt burn the half that Masako has with her. and also, what is penguindrum? The princess says in ep. 17 to Kanba that "the penguindrum is your...".
In the same episode, curiously she says if they dont get the penguindrum someonein their family will receive the punishment. Someone. she didnt say specifically Himari. So thinking twice, i do think if someone dies it will not be Himari but Kanba or Shouma. It would be another troll XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 2, 2011 9:00 AM

Mar 2008
Episode Title - The Door of Fate we Chose
Random sign - "You can choose as you..."

And those dolls from hell?

Where is the white colored doll?

Dec 2, 2011 9:07 AM
Sep 2011
It's good to know that the meetings between Kanba and his parents were only an illusion since I've always doubted that they would show themselves so carelessly in public.
It was pretty sad to see the family falling apart even if it wasn't a real one in the first place.

Again the subject of choice was brought up. Kanba was chosen by Kenzan but apparently it turned out to be the wrong one and ended fatally just like the choice Shoma made to make Himari a family member will lead to her death.

On another note, the ending song was really catchy this time. They also included the penguins and the bears which made me wonder which role these bears play despite being part of Himari's transformation scene.
Dec 2, 2011 9:28 AM

Jun 2011
Someone who'll take the punishment is Masako, I guess.
And the bears creep me out. o.o
Dec 2, 2011 9:45 AM
May 2009
StarryKite said:
Well, his father died, and his grandpa was a mess of evil insanity, as we know already. Plus since he's rejected his son, it's natural he also rejected his grandson too. No wonder Takakuras decided to take Kanba in, especially since he's already been a close friend of Shouma and Himari.

But then! Why haven't they done a thing about Masako and Mario? Of course, raising 5 kids at once would've been insane, but that's just dishonest this way!

I think his father left home on his own to do something (related with Kiga probably, I think he had some important role, as in the earlier episode Kenzan was about to talk about him on the Kiga's meeting), and that made the grandfather exclude him out of Natsume family. Kamba choose to go with him, as Masako said, so this makes him excluded, too. That's why he couldn't come back to Natsumes and Takakuras took him in. Masako and Mario didn't go with their father, so they had other family - grandfather - left.
Dec 2, 2011 9:53 AM

Jun 2011
That really makes sense, but still Masako and Mario felt miserably without their brother and father.

I still can't even imagine what role will Mario play.
Dec 2, 2011 10:10 AM
Mar 2011
DespairForLife said:
•Another sad episode ;_;
-I wonder why we weren't see his face-that reporter.
-Shouma and Kanba fight. . *noooooooooooo* I cried in that scene.
-Sanetoshi is ghost too? *lol*
-never thought that "parents" are just Kanba's illusion o-o
-Who was that man who stabbed Yuri/Tabuki ..?
-Everyone leave Takakura house,and Shouma is alone (i think i am only who feel sorry for Shouma?)

-New ending was awesome,looking for Triple H CD (21.12.2011)

not really feeling sorry for shouma. he makes the stupidest decision in this series. its annoying, all he ever think about is himself.
he couldnt get the diary from ringo
when ringo fell in love with him, he rejected her even when he likes her too
fought with kanba when he's doing everything to save himari
oh yea, he couldnt save himari
and he basically kicked himari out and why?

eh 3 more epi, hopefully he redeems himself
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 2, 2011 10:24 AM
Dec 2007
Terrifying episode as usual. The developments were fantastic and Kanba is such an awesome character. Top-notch music and direction also.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 2, 2011 10:28 AM

Feb 2011
wonder if shouma will go action mode now :/

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 2, 2011 10:38 AM
Oct 2010
WTF. AGAIN.

So Kanba is confirmed as adopted and Shoma is the only true Takakura (which still doesn't make any sense since Shoma looks nothing like the rest of the family, Kan and Himari look extremely like Kenzan and Chiemi respectively, and at the end flashback Kenzan described Kan's dad as a friend and not a relative).

And Kenzan is dead?! Does Kan realize that it's in his head or does he think it's real? How much of the show up until this point can we trust?

And Sanetoshi is the leader of Kiga, which isn't exactly what I expected but they have been dropping hints for a long time that he was involved with them. And Momoka stopped him from achieving his goal during the incident. I wonder what "realigning fate" truly means. Is he trying to undo Momoka's interference with fate, or something else? Does he truly share his organization's well-intentioned yet extreme goals (to make the world a better place, even if by violence) or is he just using it to further his own selfish ends? And what about him falling in love with Momoka before?

I feel like Princess might love Kanba, even though Himari loves Sho. Also, a few eps back, didn't she talk about Kan's scorpion heart immediately after talking about how the diary isn't the penguindrum?

I feel like I should be able to expect anything now. Like if Yuri's washing machine is the penguindrum, I shouldn't be surprised.
Dec 2, 2011 10:47 AM

Jun 2011
Yeah, Yuri's washing machine just wins. :D

See, guys, we're at 21 station out of 24, and still it's so hard to predict what's the Penguindrum. I can't even really say whether it's an object, or a living character or maybe smth non-physical that belongs to one of them (like Kanba's scorpio heart - i.e. his love for Himari).

And yeah, I also guess that Himari isn't such a... playgirl to just forget Shouma after years of endless love and immediately fall for Kanba, BUT it's prety true that Princess might have developed feelings for him.
Dec 2, 2011 10:47 AM

Sep 2011

Because he was Yamashita's dad. :(
Dec 2, 2011 10:57 AM
Aug 2007
amginex said:
not really feeling sorry for shouma. he makes the stupidest decision in this series. its annoying, all he ever think about is himself.

Um, Shouma didn't fight with Kanba just to be mean. He was angry because Kanba has joined a mass-murdering terrorist organization and directly participated in murder. No matter how you spin it, this is wrong and will only end up bringing more misery to his loved ones. And if Kanba is really "doing everything to save Himari", why didn't he just accept Masako's offer when she told him she'd give him the money he needs? Isn't it better to swallow your pride and accept help rather than become a mass murderer? Not doubting Kanba's love, but there's certainly some selfishness in his decisions too.
Dec 2, 2011 10:58 AM

Jun 2011
Completely share opinions with andrael on this matter.
Dec 2, 2011 10:58 AM
May 2009
randomperson2229 said:
So Kanba is confirmed as adopted and Shoma is the only true Takakura (which still doesn't make any sense since Shoma looks nothing like the rest of the family, Kan and Himari look extremely like Kenzan and Chiemi respectively, and at the end flashback Kenzan described Kan's dad as a friend and not a relative).

He said "nakama", that doesn't necessairly mean "friend", he could said it meaning that he was their important comrade from Kiga. Still, it'd probably be a weird way for adressing a relative. I don't really know Japanese, just some words and phrases, so idk.
I didn't think Himari looks that much like Chiemi, by the way. Yeah, Kamba is similar to Kenzan, but for Chiemi and Himari we can as well say they're similar because of the drawing style.

I totally agree with the persons above me when it's coming to Shoma and Kamba, what Kamba did seems really wrong and I'd punch him too. Why would you want to work with this kind of organization and kill people instead of simply taking money from your family (which abandoned you, but oh well, sister still loves you... a lot)? Is it pride, or does he want to pay the debt he has towards Takakura parents by making their plans come true?
QashqaiDec 2, 2011 11:03 AM
Dec 2, 2011 11:00 AM

Jun 2011
Wait... the murdered man as Yamashita's dad (for those who forgot - Shouma's faceless friend with same dark hair)?
That does make sense!
Dec 2, 2011 11:11 AM

Jun 2011
Btw, I love MP to death etc., but all that MASS of tricks and trolling (also very unnatural ones like Kanba being alike to Kenzan when they're not related) brought me an impression that the anime's sole purpose is just shock'n'surprise attacks. -_-
Dec 2, 2011 11:51 AM

Feb 2011
YayPepsi said:

Because he was Yamashita's dad. :(
lol, faceless characters unite! xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 2, 2011 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
PaninaManina said:
This is the same trick used in the movie Boy oldy
Kanba was hypnotized.

One Million Euros Question - Who is this man?
Kenzan?

About my doubt that I still had about having "two" Kenzan, my friend Deus Ex Machina just explained me.

Occam's Razor Prize for him.
Dumb Prize for me.
Sp he was hypnotized after all.

Now I mentioned what you said and it's possible that the other man is in fact just a twin copy to be used as a decoy. That much may make sense if you are a big shot and are targeted. I am assuming it was for that reason.

So now can my twins theory apply and is it possible that the ones that is dead is the real father of Kanba but some other body put there to mislead? It may be possible as Pinforce already changed their name to Kiga to mislead the authorities. Why not fake death then? IMO Kanba's parents may be alive just the hypnotism made it that the place was still brand new.

We have no way realistically speaking to find out if the body is the real one of Kenzan or not. Despite all the clues and talk. Deception is still strong in the air.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 2, 2011 12:04 PM

Aug 2011
damn, what an epic episodes, i need to get this episode into my head properly, it was just so emotional, dramtic!!!
Dec 2, 2011 12:14 PM
Jan 2011
Mika_Inamori said:
Kanba is so gangster.

And Shouma is a pussy.
Dec 2, 2011 12:25 PM

Nov 2008

Everybody is soooooooooooo going on my nerves. Kanba is blind and insane Shoma lost all his will to fight, Himari is playing a hero(ine), and Ringo is just like an annoying add-on.

GAHHHHHHHHH I hate when somebody fail to achieve something they tried so hard to accomplish. THIS IS SO UNFAIR
Dec 2, 2011 12:51 PM

Mar 2008
Until recently I thought the Sanetoshi was not evil, he was neutral.
As I said episodes ago, it seemed only interfere to make the characters act. Matched up with the idea of the frozen world, with everyone trying to ignore or forget the bad things that had happened. Then came Sanetoshi and encouraged them to resolve their outstanding issues.

But now it was clear that he is not only interfering, he is manipulating the current situation to achieve a particular goal. Moreover, he says he tried the same years ago, so that incident was also encouraged by him.

Was he really the ghost of an Emperor Penguin?

Penguimdrum is putting many ideas in my head to write articles. One is about heroes and antiheroes.

Have you noticed how the show has all kinds of heroes and villains?
Shouma - hero who has a good goal but does not use others' lives to attain it.
Kanba - hero who has a good goal and uses the lives of others to attain it.
Sanetoshi - bad guy with a questionable goal and using others' lives to attain it.
Tabuk - bad guy with a questionable goal but does not use others' lives to attain it.
Kenzan - villain with a bad goal that tried to attain it at all costs.

Yumekichi11 said:

Now I mentioned what you said and it's possible that the other man is in fact just a twin copy to be used as a decoy. That much may make sense if you are a big shot and are targeted. I am assuming it was for that reason.

So now can my twins theory apply and is it possible that the ones that is dead is the real father of Kanba but some other body put there to mislead? It may be possible as Pinforce already changed their name to Kiga to mislead the authorities. Why not fake death then? IMO Kanba's parents may be alive just the hypnotism made it that the place was still brand new.

We have no way realistically speaking to find out if the body is the real one of Kenzan or not. Despite all the clues and talk. Deception is still strong in the air.

Even if he is being deceived, Kanba is still crazy.

PS: the name of the movie is "Old Boy".
PaninaManinaDec 2, 2011 12:54 PM
Dec 2, 2011 1:00 PM
Oct 2010
PaninaManina said:

Eh, I'm not so sure on that. Sure, bombing the subway is bad and it killed Momoka, but Kenzan (especially judging from episode 20) seemed to be trying to make the world a better place, trying to change the world because it has awful things like the child broiler and a dichotomous (only two types of people, successful or unsuccessful) mentality. I would describe him more as a well-intentioned extremist.
Dec 2, 2011 1:07 PM

Feb 2009
Heartbreaking.
Dec 2, 2011 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
andrael said:
amginex said:

Um, Shouma didn't fight with Kanba just to be mean. He was angry because Kanba has joined a mass-murdering terrorist organization and directly participated in murder. No matter how you spin it, this is wrong and will only end up bringing more misery to his loved ones. And if Kanba is really "doing everything to save Himari", why didn't he just accept Masako's offer when she told him she'd give him the money he needs? Isn't it better to swallow your pride and accept help rather than become a mass murderer? Not doubting Kanba's love, but there's certainly some selfishness in his decisions too.

THIS;D
Seriously, i love both Kanba and Shouma, but if we think that Shou is being selfish, than Momoka was selfish too.
Shou might be inert for now, but he will recover somehow, i hope. To those who think that being the son of a murderer is easy, forget it. ofc Shou will suffer from guilty till the end. Still i believe that guilty will be replaced by his love for Himari and Kanba at the end.
Shou is always trying to get away from the people he loves, because he thinks he will bring them bad luck, but later he always realizes his harsh words and tried to fix things, like he did with Ringo.
And Kanba rejected Masako´s money which is even more stupid than Shou´s actions. Instead of accepting the money of a person that loves you ands cares and trusts you, plus, a money that is rightfully yours since you´re blood related, he chose to go with a mass murder organization. and the worst of it is that when Himari arrived there Kanba does not even send her away in panic( because that´s definitely a place where she shouldn't be).
So who´s the selfish, Kan or Shou?

Still i want to believe that Kanba will open his eyes and let Himari, Shou and Masako save him and take him back home ;_;

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 2, 2011 1:22 PM

May 2010
Another awesomely intense episode :O I can't believe there is only 3 episodes left tho. TT^TT

Himari is trying to save Kanba..I get the feeling she is going to die tho. =/
Maybe Kanba will also die and then in the end Shoma will be all alone. :(
(Ringo will be there probably but still...)

have to wait and see. Dx

[the Penguins are toooooooooo cute tho!!!!♥]
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 2, 2011 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
I'm not happy! v__v
Dec 2, 2011 1:30 PM

Mar 2008
randomperson2229 said:
PaninaManina said:

Eh, I'm not so sure on that. Sure, bombing the subway is bad and it killed Momoka, but Kenzan (especially judging from episode 20) seemed to be trying to make the world a better place, trying to change the world because it has awful things like the child broiler and a dichotomous (only two types of people, successful or unsuccessful) mentality. I would describe him more as a well-intentioned extremist.

There are a VERY BIG difference in make the world in a better place to live, HELP others in need and start a vigilante crusade to eradicate evil from the world.
That is fight against evil with evil itself. The worthy are you to spread the good that it will multiply.
Dec 2, 2011 1:41 PM

Jul 2011
awesome episode as usual, but, there is only one question i still quite curious about..
we all know now that Himari and Kanba aren't the real Takakura's children, but, is Shoma the is the real biological one, or is he also adopted??
Dec 2, 2011 1:57 PM
Dec 2, 2011 2:02 PM

Jun 2011
This is gonna ruin Christmas for everyone.
Calling it, it's gonna be that bad.
Great episode though.
Dec 2, 2011 2:21 PM

Jun 2008
millo said:
awesome episode as usual, but, there is only one question i still quite curious about..
we all know now that Himari and Kanba aren't the real Takakura's children, but, is Shoma the is the real biological one, or is he also adopted??

Shou is the biological son of Takakura family.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 2, 2011 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
amginex said:

he couldnt get the diary from ringo
when ringo fell in love with him, he rejected her even when he likes her too
oh yea, he couldnt save himari
and he basically kicked himari out and why?

eh 3 more epi, hopefully he redeems himself

I'm not going to argue against the 'Shouma makes bad decisions' point, because he does, but I really disagree about him only thinking about himself. On the contrary, it seems that he makes the decisions he does because he's constantly trying to make everyone else happy, even if it's in ways they themselves don't want. That's not to say he's completely selfless, but his selfish reasons for doing things seem to be subconscious.
- He couldn't get the diary from Ringo because he didn't want to just take it from her (which could either be out of consideration for her feelings, or because of his own morals)
- He rejected Ringo because he's convinced that if he didn't, bad things would happen to her- obviously, he decided that whatever those bad things are, they're worse than hurting her feelings a bit.
- Like someone else said, Kanba is doing everything he can to save Himari iin illegal ways. Considering the opinions Shouma's shown about their parents' activities and the lasting effects of them, Kanba doing what he is must seem like a huge betrayal. I would punch my brother if he got into stuff like that, no matter what the reason, and I don't even have some obvious issues I need to work through to blame for it. xP
- Kanba isn't really getting results on that front either.
- Considering their source of income was coming from Kanba's activities, and Kanba has left home at this point, Shouma probably thought that sending Himari to live with their Uncle, where she'd at least not have to worry about financial stability, was the best thing he could do for her.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Dec 2, 2011 3:31 PM
Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
PaninaManina said:
Kanba was hypnotized.

Kenzan?

About my doubt that I still had about having "two" Kenzan, my friend Deus Ex Machina just explained me.

Occam's Razor Prize for him.
Dumb Prize for me.

No, I disagree, I'm pretty sure Kanba is not being hypnotized when he sees his parents. They gave a big hint that his hallucinations are caused by his own mind in the scene with the Himari's old doctor and Sanetoshi (which happens right after Himari finds the dead bodies)

Sanetoshi: Do you believe ghosts exist?
Dr. Washizuka: I'm a doctor after all, I don't believe in unscientific things
Sanetoshi: Apparently there's a man who sees dead people. He even talks to them
Dr. Washizuka: It must be the effects of visual and auditory hallucinations. An illusion caused by a strong desire to see someone again.

Besides, it makes sense that Kanba would see hallucinations of his fake parents. Based on the last scene (his real father didn't accept him), and previous scenes from the anime (him going with is fake father to take Himari to the hospital), Kanba seemed to really love Kenzan and Chiemi. Also, why would Kiga group need Kanba as their leader enough to hypnotize him in the first place?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're over thinking it
Dec 2, 2011 3:55 PM

Mar 2008
Yes, he can be seen his parent, but not by someone hypinose.
Which is the worst?
Dec 2, 2011 3:58 PM

Jul 2011
PaninaManina said:
Until recently I thought the Sanetoshi was not evil, he was neutral.
As I said episodes ago, it seemed only interfere to make the characters act. Matched up with the idea of the frozen world, with everyone trying to ignore or forget the bad things that had happened. Then came Sanetoshi and encouraged them to resolve their outstanding issues.

But now it was clear that he is not only interfering, he is manipulating the current situation to achieve a particular goal. Moreover, he says he tried the same years ago, so that incident was also encouraged by him.
My thoughts exactly. I was actually hoping he was more of a good guy in the beginning, because I figured he would want to help Himari. After this episode.. I like him even less XD

On another note, there were so many things I was sad to find out in this episode!
- Kanba doing all of those sketchy things and even killing people? :c
- Kanba and Masako being related ><
- The family splitting up..especially Himari leaving!!

I actually like Shouma more than I like Kanba but I wish he took more action. He has good intentions and just wants to make everyone happy, but the choices he makes could be better x_x What is he doing telling Himari to leave when he wanted her to get better so badly?! I really didn't like that he gave up!! D;

The flashback with Himari and Kanba at the funeral was also very sad, but I loved every second of it!

jasldkfjal;sdjfl;ajkkjdgas;lf
Now a whole nother week to wait through ahhhhh T_T
Dec 2, 2011 6:25 PM

Jun 2009

OMFG!!!

This is getting really good!!!! I am so glad I decided to watch this!!!!!
Dec 2, 2011 6:44 PM

Jun 2011
Gosh, I hate Kanba.
I'm really curious how they'll wrap up the series in 3 episodes. Oh the one-week wait for a new episode, fun. >>
Dec 2, 2011 7:00 PM

Oct 2010
KumoriDay said:
Yumekichi11 said:
PaninaManina said:
Kanba was hypnotized.

Kenzan?

So he was hypnotized after all.

No, I disagree, I'm pretty sure Kanba is not being hypnotized when he sees his parents. They gave a big hint that his hallucinations are caused by his own mind in the scene with the Himari's old doctor and Sanetoshi (which happens right after Himari finds the dead bodies)

Dr. Washizuka: It must be the effects of visual and auditory hallucinations. An illusion caused by a strong desire to see someone again.

Besides, it makes sense that Kanba would see hallucinations of his fake parents. Based on the last scene (his real father didn't accept him), and previous scenes from the anime (him going with is fake father to take Himari to the hospital), Kanba seemed to really love Kenzan and Chiemi. Also, why would Kiga group need Kanba as their leader enough to hypnotize him in the first place?

yumekichi11 said:
Well said but you missed the point that Kiga need Kanba enough to bring under control. Among the methods being that of Himari's life in danger and that she needs money for that.

This being said you are right about the doctor talk indeed. It could be a abnormal psychological effect but it may be one of supernatural benefits as to communicate beyond the grave to his parents as to finish what they started.

We can further with no over thinking that it's possible that the parents cannot rest beyond the world and are stuck roaming the earth in light of Nirvana and reaching God. That being said, it only applies if the real Kenzan is dead. There is also the mother which I did not see a body for. That may mean she is alive. She might be. Could be a nice hope if so.
Yumekichi11Dec 2, 2011 7:03 PM

Dec 2, 2011 7:05 PM
Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
KumoriDay said:
Yumekichi11 said:
PaninaManina said:
Kanba was hypnotized.

Kenzan?

So he was hypnotized after all.

yumekichi11 said:
Well said but you missed the point that Kiga need Kanba enough to bring under control. Among the methods being that of Himari's life in danger and that she needs money for that.

This being said you are right about the doctor talk indeed. It could be a abnormal psychological effect but it may be one of supernatural benefits as to communicate beyond the grave to his parents as to finish what they started.

We can further with no over thinking that it's possible that the parents cannot rest beyond the world and are stuck roaming the earth in light of Nirvana and reaching God. That being said, it only applies if the real Kenzan is dead. There is also the mother which I did not see a body for. That may mean she is alive. She might be. Could be a nice hope if so.

Uh, no I'm pretty sure Chiemi is dead.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvlfriEZ6I1qiqm72.jpg

Unless Kenzan had three hands.

Also, throughout MWP, the theme of breaking fate is prevalent. It wouldn't fit the theme if this whole time Kanba had just been hypnotized into helping the Kiga group. It makes more sense, and fits the story better, if he joined the group out of his own free will. I mean, he had a good enough reason to, he wants the money to save Himari. Hypnotizing would be unnecessary.
ChowingDec 2, 2011 7:08 PM
Dec 2, 2011 7:16 PM

Oct 2010
KumoriDay said:
Uh, no I'm pretty sure Chiemi is dead.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvlfriEZ6I1qiqm72.jpg

Unless Kenzan had three hands.

Also, throughout MWP, the theme of breaking fate is prevalent. It wouldn't fit the theme if this whole time Kanba had just been hypnotized into helping the Kiga group. It makes more sense, and fits the story better, if he joined the group out of his own free will. I mean, he had a good enough reason to, he wants the money to save Himari. Hypnotizing would be unnecessary.
OH SHIT! I missed that, was really tired due to the posts I made on Haganai and Guilty Crown. You are right she may have not survived it in that case.

Goes back the finishing what the dead parents have not done finished and them giving out message beyond the grave. What Kanba has is supernatural powers like in "Ghost Whisperer" show. I just wish he would see other dead people somehow.

Dec 2, 2011 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
dark episode is dark only way they could top this off for *me* is having Shouma and kanba fight it out again and one of em has to die!
Dec 2, 2011 8:38 PM

Oct 2011
Fantastic episode! I like how Shouma tried to stop Kanba from continuing what his parents did by using force. By the way, those parents who have committed crimes are not really Shouma's biological parents right? I can't remember exactly if Shouma got adopted into that family or not. Anyone remember?

Dec 2, 2011 9:12 PM

Jun 2010
katsu044 said:
dark episode is dark only way they could top this off for *me* is having Shouma and kanba fight it out again and one of em has to die!

I'm always up for the "fight to the death" thing. That'd be pretty awesome. lol
Dec 2, 2011 9:39 PM

May 2011
mindfucking commence
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.