Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2011 10:46 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
GAAAAAH~~~, The truth revealing about the siblings (even for twins) are shocking!!

ED for this ep., Tamashii Kogashite (魂こがして), is really upbeat.
tsubasaloverDec 4, 2011 8:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 1, 2011 11:12 AM

Sep 2011
Loved it!
YayPepsiDec 1, 2011 11:19 AM
Dec 1, 2011 11:58 AM

Feb 2009
YayPepsi said:
Loved it!

"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Dec 1, 2011 2:11 PM
May 2009
So, Kamba isn't Kenzan's son? lol, they surely trolled us, I mean, he looks so much like him. No one ever thought he could've been adopted, everyone placed their bet on Shoma. Maybe Natsume father was somehow related to Kenzan and that's why.
Anyway, amazing episode. I had waited for the brothers' fight - and along with Himari thinking about saving Kamba, and DAT BGM, it was really heartbreaking.
Kamba is the hero of this episode. Suddenly, it turns out that to earn money to save Himari he's even able to kill people... that won't end well. Himari and Masako want to stop him. I hope he'll end better than his father(s).
The dellusion with Kenzan and Chiemi was surprising, perhaps it's a way Kamba comforts himself, or pay respects to his adoptive parents' corpses there, in some Kiga's hideout, where he happens to meet with the guy that's been giving cash to him?
The last scenes where Himari leaves and it turns out she didn't go to her uncle place, but chased after Kamba, were amazing, too. And I loved Himari's outfit, haha. And the penguins acted cute.
Ah, and I really liked how Ringo acted on the start, and then her talk with Himari. They have a nice relationship. I wonder what kind of role will Ringo play in the next episodes. In all that stuff I kinda forgot about Momoka/ PotC, too... What kind of role will she play? And what the hell happened to the hat?!
Sanetoshi was wut. So he was the one who was behind the attacks and Momoka went in the way? I don't know Japanese so I'm not sure;; and he is a ghost now? A librarian, a doctor, a wizard, a ghost... okay. He's a big mystery.

Ahh and the scene which really touched me and then broke my heart ;~; Tabuki/Yuri scene. Their revenge was pointless for God knows how much time. Yuri said she's been looking for Tabuki and wanted him to come back to "their home". Tabuki looked like he's about to cry ;~; and then that guy from Kiga appeared and... GOD WHAT HAPPENED?! Ikuhara please don't sink my ship.
Dec 1, 2011 2:48 PM

Jan 2009
OMG loved this episode so much!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 1, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2008
Damn, im speechless. I need subs nowwww.

OMG, i guess Tabuki will die. He saved Yuri from being stabbed T_T so fucking romantic and tragic.

anyway, omg, Kanba is killing people to save Himari...plus he sees the Takakura ghosts? or he is simply delusional never expected he would go so far. It was so cruel and cold the way he sent the order in the cellphone. Also wow, that last scene of him was so creepy *shivers* it seemed like a satanic cult.

Ok, i pity Shou so much. He really tried hard to stop Kanba, but i guess it would be predictable that he wouldnt make it, since Kanba is much stronger. Still i admire Shou for punching him and still telling they were brothers.

And Himari, damn. I knew she would not go for her uncle´s house. i knew. She went to Kanba pretending she is fine with his actions. Im sensing she will die no matter what. And perhaps that´s the only way for Kanba to stop his obsession. And also it seems Sanetoshi said to Shou that Himari will die no matter what.

got teary in the "goodbye" of Shouma x Himari. and i dont understand many japanese, but it seemed to me that Himari told him " you know, since that time, Shou-chan.. i always always..." now it seems to me she wanted to say "loved you"? And Shou crying at the same time apologizing. I didnt understand if he was apologizing for not being able to save her life, or for not corresponding her feelings.

Anyway, next episode we´ll have a flashback of Kanba x Himari for sure. I mean this little flashback of Kan x Himari was so short. But it seems Kanba´s obsession for Himari started in his dad´s funeral.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 1, 2011 4:50 PM

Aug 2009
Amazing! It was the saddest episode, I really feel for the characters and I want them to be happy. The scene with the parents turned out to be an illusion. Back when we where made to believe Kanba was in touch with them, I was upset about it, because he said he didn't knew their whereabouts. I did consider that part could be illusive and it really scared me when the truth was revealed. Kanba is getting himself into some nasty business and Himari wants to save him. She's his ray of light, as shown in the funeral flashback. I'm happy to finally see some of Himari's feelings for Kanba, it was never that clear to me before now. She gave back the scarf to Shouma, saying goodbye, letting go of the bound they shared as kids.

The flashback with the boys working hard to cheer up their sister. So much love!
Dec 1, 2011 5:26 PM
Oct 2008
this was the saddest episode i've seen so far especially the last part where shouma,kanba and himari go their seperate ways.when i first saw the first episode i thought they were a family who cares deeply for each other,but now that i know that they're practically strangers it kind of reminded me of marumo no okite.even strangers can become family.

who will die in the end? god,there are so many candidates.
Dec 1, 2011 6:20 PM
Dec 2011
EDIT: Alright I've finished watching the subs xD

About Yuri and Tabuki: We've only seen blood splatters but it wasn't confirmed who got wounded. I place my bet that neither of them will die in this series. Momoka's efforts would go in vain.

Kanba is the one being paid to do those dirty works and going back to the train scene with Masako, their father also took part in the terrorist attack but sort of... failed to accomplish what they needed to accomplish. Then in the end his father said something about Kan was no good.

Who's the final boss?

It was Sanetoshi's will/ curse passed down to the children. He died when the attack might have happened. He could have succeeded but was stopped by Momoka. It seems that the PoTC is also against Sanetoshi.

Btw where is Chiemi? That scene in the ramen?shop, only Kenzan's corpse (the lighting in my PC is too dark so I'm not sure) was there but where is Chiemi's body?

Masako, Mario and Kanba are biological siblings. It's definitely incest in Masako's part or Ikuhara might mislead us into thinking like that. It could also mean a deep longing for a brother you once knew. It's still love. Might not be an intimate one.

Well Himari and Masako have now the same goal. To save Kanba. I hope Himari can succeed. If she does die in the process, I don't know what Kanba will do. He lives for Himari so if she's dead then he's gone as well. The series becomes even more heavier for me. The fight scene between Sho and Kan and the goodbye scene between Himari and sho, it made me cry a little inside. Must've been it was early in the morning when I watched this T_T. What made me go 'Aww.. <3' were the flashbacks! It was so cute! The bond between the three of them was so strong and them breaking it now (or for now I hope ) is depressing. And the little bits between Kan and Himari in the end was so sweet.

Next week's ep is entitled 'Beautiful Coffin' .. I am so not looking forward to it... then again I am not dropping this because of that . All in all, it was an amazing episode, like everybody else here said :D

I seriously don't want Himari to die. How many times have we seen her die? Trolling us viewers is not healthy xD. We should remember that the Princess of the Crystal is still there.
NicroDec 2, 2011 1:19 AM
Dec 1, 2011 11:03 PM

Nov 2009
Wow is all I can say....
Dec 1, 2011 11:06 PM

Jun 2011
I think Himari definitely will die. It just FEELS like that, but I guess Ikuhara's trolling us again.

The fact that Masako and Kanba are real siblings saddens me. Incest theme can be freely mentioned in the anime, but I truly doubt Ikuhara would go as far as granting them mutual romantic feelings for each other, and I wanted that so much. ><

Also I think that Tabuki or Yuri died for the sake of each other's life. Also it seems like Yuri truly loves him, even though I've always thought she's a lesbian. Maybe she's not and she's just understood it. ^-^ Momoka was the one who ever showed Yuri she could be loved, so she loved her unconditionally, absolutely regardless of the same gender.

That farewell scene also left me in thoughts, especially that "All this time I've always been...". As it seems Himari really wanted to say she's been in love with Shouma, but he could never answer to her in this way and that's why she left. Also can it mean that she starts to notice Kanba as smb she could fall for instead?

Btw, the next epsiode will revolve around Masako and Kanba, as I understood. Also as you can see at the end, it seems like both Shouma and Himari will be fine, while Kanba would put himself in real danger and Masako will risk her life/die to save him. That'll be very heartbreaking. ><
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Dec 1, 2011 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
... I love this anime so fucking much.
Dec 1, 2011 11:14 PM

Jun 2011
Btw! I guess MP's ending will be pretty much like Madoka Magica's one - i.e. the world WILL be set on the right track no matter what - but at the cost of our precious cast's sufferings and possibly deaths. So it'll have a very bittersweet feeling - and more bitter than sweet.
Dec 1, 2011 11:26 PM

Jan 2010
Beautiful episode. We got far more answers than I expected and things are making a lot more sense, but I'm still wondering how the princess of crystal and Sanetoshi are related...
Dec 2, 2011 12:00 AM

Sep 2011
Man, I'm always trying to look for an excuse to leave a "4" rating, but I always end up leaving a "5" instead. :P

I can't tell whether this anime is going to have a happy or tragic ending, but I hope that Tabuki and Yuri make it out all right. I think every character in this anime (except maybe Sanetoshi? I can't tell for sure) has pure, if sometimes misguided intentions, and I'd like to see everyone achieve their happy end. Of course, I'm a sucker for happy endings.

I'd like to see Ringo play a more active role sometime soon. I've enjoyed the deep, emotional sibling tales and all, but I miss Ringo's role in the story. We haven't gotten much about the Momoka side of things for a while, so I'm sure when things are inevitably tied together, Ringo will be brought back into the action.

Whoa, Kanba sees dead people. O_o And Sanetoshi's also dead? *is confused*
My channel! With anime covers! http://www.youtube.com/user/fireteamtorch
Dec 2, 2011 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
Oh, Kanba, why art thee so awesome?! It's a shame that how awesome he can be was only revealed near the end of the series. They saved the best for last, it seems.

The fact that Sanetoshi and Kenzan were ghosts quite shocked me. I was bothered by the fact that Kanba refused to tell Tabuki of Kenzan's whereabouts in Ep 17, but it seems he was telling the truth all along. I think the mother is a ghost as well and the two of them died after going into hiding. I wonder if the circumstances of their death will be revealed later on. I also wonder what Sanetoshi was trying to accomplish from the 1995 attacks and what penguins and the antarctica got to do with it - kind of reminds me of the Second Impact in Evangelion. Though the dates are similar, past episodes hinted that the incident was not the Sarin Gas attack. It might be something supernatural that will rid the world of greed and evil like Kenzan's speech had alluded to.

Aww, so Himari began to notice Kanba! Though everyone says she'll die and she's hellbent on saving Kanba even if it cost s her her life, I wonder if the opposite will happen. I think the nameless boys' talk from Ep 1 will make a lot of sense in future episodes. I can also see Shouma risking his life to save Kanba and Himari after being frustrated at himself for being useless and Ringo risking her own life to save him. Knowing Ikuhara's knack for shocking the viewers with the least thing they expected all along in this series and Utena, I can see either Shouma and Ringo or both saving the world in the end and maybe even dying in the process while Kanba and Himari survive.

And I want a plushie of #3 in that coat XD
removed-userDec 2, 2011 12:19 AM
Dec 2, 2011 12:16 AM

Oct 2011
Wow it was an awesome episode!
Looking forward to the next episode!
Dec 2, 2011 12:32 AM

Dec 2010
Kanba is so gangster.
Dec 2, 2011 12:43 AM

Jun 2011
This episode................ TTT^TTT
It was shocking to know that Kenzan was already dead.. so was Kanba talking to the air the whole entire time?=[]=
and... Tabuki & Yuri... I don't want either of them to die D:
Dec 2, 2011 1:16 AM
Dec 2011
As I've said from my previous post, I place my bet that neither Tabuki nor Yuri will die. One of them could be seriously injured, maybe Tabuki but will survive in the end. If they did die would that make Momoka's efforts go in vain?
Dec 2, 2011 1:27 AM
Jul 2011
It was a beautiful episode. Right from episode one, I would have never guessed that things would take this path.

So much stuff happens! I really like the pacing of this show.

So Kenzan Takakura turned out to be ghost? I did not get that at first though. I would like to know how a normal family like the Takakura's (Biological) ended up like this. Shouma was born on the day the bomb went off. How can their family just set some bomb to explode on the day their kid is born? Did the parents just not think about their child's future when they did this? What is their reason for setting off the bomb? Do they believe in Sanetoshi's idealogies? Kenzan's death was pretty mysterious though. It'd be interesting to see what happened. How did his death stay secret like this with the body just shoved into some cupboard this for so long? And Kanba's illusions? Ikuhara is trolling once again.

So Himari is fated to die. If the apple Shouma gave her was something like the apple of fate, so Shouma was the one who shared his fate of a happy family which comes crashing down with Himari. Her life did get extended though, saving her from the Child Broiler and sharing his fate with her. Does Kanba know that? It seems like Sanetoshi is just using the excuse of expensive medicine for Himari so that Kanba will do his dirty work to get the money for the medicine. Does anyone get that vibe? And if Sanetoshi's a ghost, how the hell does he take form? Is Ikuhara going to just stuff magic into this show as well?

It's amazing how this anime can answer some questions, yet bring more up which points to the ending. So will Himari get to live? Will Kanba be saved? What about Shouma? Is he just going to accept this? Will their family become one again? Why does Sanetoshi insist on these kinds of things? What exactly is he trying to achieve? What is Kiga going on about? What the hell is up with Momoka? What happens to Tabuki and Yuri? They do not deserve to die.

So many questions and answers, this anime is definately messing with our heads.
fafsdfsdafsagDec 2, 2011 1:32 AM
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Dec 2, 2011 1:40 AM
Jul 2011
Raven_Shinobi said:

I can also see Shouma risking his life to save Kanba and Himari after being frustrated at himself for being useless and Ringo risking her own life to save him. Knowing Ikuhara's knack for shocking the viewers with the least thing they expected all along in this series and Utena, I can see either Shouma and Ringo or both saving the world in the end and maybe even dying in the process while Kanba and Himari survive.

And I want a plushie of #3 in that coat XD

I think it would just suck so much if Shouma and Ringo die in the progress. Can't really tell who's going to die, and everyone else bets it's Himari.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Dec 2, 2011 1:53 AM

Jul 2009
I can sum up my thoughts on this episode very easily.

:(
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Dec 2, 2011 2:35 AM

May 2010
I think Sanetoshi is Kanba's real father since he is also a ghost.We have been told that Sanetoshi was the head of a criminal organization so thats why I am just betting.

I don't want Yuri or Tabuki to die too.Momoka wanted them to be together so they need to be together.

The flashback of the meeting between Himari & Kanba was really adorable yet sad.
Anyways it was really a saddd episode.
Dec 2, 2011 2:50 AM

Apr 2009
Please please do not let Himari die:( . Another excellent episode.
Dec 2, 2011 2:51 AM
Nov 2007
Ughh! Why is this so frustratingly good!? Whenever you're presented with an answer it's accompanied with three questions. There is no way they can reach a conclusion in three episodes that will satisfactorily explain everything, so why have I just added this to my favourites?
Dec 2, 2011 2:52 AM
Apr 2011
Shit got real, just as I thought.
Dec 2, 2011 2:58 AM

Sep 2011
Amazing episode,we get answers.

So finally we got many answers,Shouma and Kanba were never brothers he was adopted by the Takakura's,Kenzan is dead,Satenoshi being a curse and wants to finish what Tomoka stopped,this is why the theory of the hat being Momoka gets even stronger,why she wants the diary as is probably how she stop him 10 years ago.

Kanba joining the Dark side to save Himari and Himari and Masako join forces to save him.

Tabuki and Yuri getting attack and we see blood as someone say i dont think they are dead they are a important part to end this story.

The last scenes were heartbreaking Shouma pushing out Himari from his life and ending the family once and for all and she saying good bye to her "soulmate" was just sad T_T,but thats why i love this anime this just gets better an better we got many answers but we also got questions what more we can ask for the end,3 more to go will Shouma recover his family?Kanba will be saved?Himari will die? just get ready since this will get awesome!!

Btw awesome OST is awesome i want it already!!
Dec 2, 2011 3:17 AM

Oct 2010
Another most amazing episode and dare I say to call the END insane of this series when it comes? I think it might. Did anyone notice that book references in the spoiler
tons of classics OMG! That is so hinting at Never Land notions. For one Survival Strategy may be a temporal Wonderland like the world Alice travelled to. Well thinking things around.

I am totally in disbelief now because of the following,

if that was not enough for a shock then Kanba in the spoiler
ordering a hit? WTF? That means he killed a person and now is officially at least a accomplice should the cops find out he was the one who ordered it.

Furthermore with Kenzan dead and I presume the mother too less I am wrong, it's obvious those guys wanted Kanba to lead them. Obviously we also know Sanetoshi is in the other faction too. So in thee end he saved Himari for among the many reasons to have Pinforce flourish throughout the leadership of Kanba.

Perhaps this is to ultimately cause the world what was done previously with Kanba's father who also was part of Pinforce. After all the devil loves destruction, death vices such as revenge. Still can’t believe Kenzan is dead! NOOOOOOOOO! I can’t even believe Shouma was so stupid to steam out at Kanba like that. I am totally mind screwed right now and should rest a little.

I also suspect massive Occult/Ghost hammering ideas soon and even maybe time/dimensional elements of complex proportion and no no it's not helping to ease the understanding so far. It makes things worse to grasp what it really is. In other words this is heading towards a EVA end with multi interpretations possible. More later.
Yumekichi11Dec 2, 2011 4:40 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 2, 2011 3:52 AM

Jun 2008
Raven_Shinobi said:

I can also see Shouma risking his life to save Kanba and Himari after being frustrated at himself for being useless and Ringo risking her own life to save him. Knowing Ikuhara's knack for shocking the viewers with the least thing they expected all along in this series and Utena, I can see either Shouma and Ringo or both saving the world in the end and maybe even dying in the process while Kanba and Himari survive.

I actually agree with this. Shou, has a very similar personality to Momoka which means he will not hesitate if he has to "take the punishment" or even, die to save his siblings. He is too altruistic and although he tends to be emo/inert and depress over things, later he always arrives at the right place in the right moment. In fact since this show is pure trolling, he has more chances to die than Kanba.
Also because this anime has religious references and hints that "saviors/ aka true good people" tend to be eliminated for the sake of others.

Now that pic Shou saw of them as little kids with Himari with an apple, makes me think if that is Shou´s apple or Kanba´s apple. Because if Shou gave his apple to Himari, what´s the point of showing us in the previous episode that Kanba also had an apple. Also im 100% sure Shou will regret his words since there is nothing he treasures most than family, so he will end up chasing after Kanba and Himari.

Ringo is also possible, since she has never been in a really dangerous situation so it would be just another troll...although i think it will not be her, since Ikuhara when creating the anime told clearly that it would "focus on 3 siblings, Himari being the female protagonist", so to me, one of those 3 will certainly die. (although there is a great possibility of being resurrected later XD ).

Also, in the first episode, the first voice to talk is Shou´s as narrator. And he ends up saying in the introduction: "Because ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing is that we wouldn´t amount to anything".

That quote makes me think until now. Its a quite powerful quote to be said already in a first episode in the first seconds of the beginning and specially because he ends up using the words of the Princess of Crystal.

Also, i liked the title of this episode: "the door of fate we chose". which means metaphorically although Fate is written behind those doors, you still can choose which door to open.

And did anyone noticed Masako´s quote at the "preview" of next episode?! it was so romanticincestuous!

Random time! Just ignore/skip if you dislike random facts XD This surely has SailorMoon references, we cant forget Ikuhara worked there in some episodes

Its really true, everyone in the show has fucked up parents. what´s up with Kanba´s dad "i shouldnt have chosen you Kanba, you´re no good" quote. =_=
OrulyonDec 2, 2011 4:00 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 2, 2011 4:05 AM

Oct 2011
Wow, this has to be the best and most dramatic episode so far, Kanba, Shoma and Himari are not related?! I never saw this coming, this anime is absolutely amazing, it keeps surprising you out of every corner all the time. Damn Kanba vs Shoma was so tragic, I really really hope Kanba doesn't gets killed, or neither one of them..
10/10.
Dec 2, 2011 4:31 AM

Jun 2011
The revelation of Kanba Natsume and none of the so-called Takakura siblings being actually related isn't so SUDDEN. We could figure it out from at least 2 previous episodes. It's just in this episode we know it FOR SURE.

Isn't man with red hair just like Kanba's with "Father" written across his face in Masako's memories Natsume twins' dad? Why Sanetoshi?

Also, he passed away when Kanba was 10, as I understood, while Sanetoshi passed away during Survival Strategy in 1995.

Also I suggest that mr Natsume and Kenzan still are related in some way, since Kanba's obviously got Kenzan's facial feautures. To draw characters like that just for trolling is too boring. -_-

Anyway, even though characters have got eyes and hair of very different colours, only Sanetoshi and Momoka look so unnatural even in their world. So I guess they're not completely... human beings?

Finally, we've got SO MUCH here. The idol girls who used to be Himari's friends, all these "Super smth saves Tokyo" books and classical literature for children in Himari's room, her room designed as a doll's one, mecha in Princess of the Crystall's illusion that look like her favourite teddy bear, the mysterious faceless classmate of Shouma, the Diary of Fate (everyone's completely abandoned it XD), the Tokyo Tower from Yuri's past, her relationship with Tabuki, Princess of the Crystal herself (I doubt she's Momoka actually) and Mario-san (does he transform in some kind of Prince of the Crystal with another penguin hat), and oh just why all these plans are created in Antarctica and it's all about penguins?

To be honest, I can't understand how will we have all of that connected and needed in the last 3 episodes. o.o
Dec 2, 2011 4:44 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't think this show could surprise me anymore but it took one surprising twist. I'm really looking forward to the final three episodes.
Dec 2, 2011 5:17 AM

Oct 2010
There is more now. ED suggests in the following spoiler
a notion to the following,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_star
indeed it could be foreshadow as symbol that Chaos is to ensue. With what Kanba now is involved it may as well be.

TBH you all folks IMO there is no way but to reverse many family figures back to life. That means Kanba's father, Himari's mother and Shouma's father/mother. That would solve all the shit that was and what came after. There is one problem with this, what will happen to that family of Himari/Kanba/Shouma?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 2, 2011 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
woah I cried for this episode... It's killing me...
I forgot all the pairing ships in this show....because of this ep...

first the brothers fighting & separated, kamba orders one of his accomplice hit that reporter,yuri/tabuki maybe stabbed, kamba's hallucination of the takakuras, the takakura's death, sanetoshi=ghost & true leader of the group,himari will die,himari & masako join forces to stop kamba,shouma going more emo,how kamba get that bandage, so many revelations in one ep!!!!

last ep it shows how shouma & himari met & now they separated.... damn you ikuhara!!!! Props to shouma's seiyuu, he delivered one of the best emotions I have seen.....

so shouma is only the true son of takakura, I think that kamba's father is related to takakura's.... maybe cousin.. its clear that why masako's grandpa expelled him in the first place..

about the PoTC I think she is really Momoka Incarnated, there is hint shows in the old episodes... that will be ideal with sanetoshi=ghost opposites

first time 'to be continued' shown... maybe they will show more kamba's past with himari & masako... I will definitely looking foward to next ep
Dec 2, 2011 6:32 AM

May 2009
Damn I love this show. I just don't know how to feel right now. I don't feel a good ending though that's for sure. ;_;
Dec 2, 2011 6:38 AM

Mar 2008
If and only if, all that is happening is because of a Penguin ... a penguin ghost ... wanting to dominate the world ... because humans are destroying the environment ...

Seriously, someone has to go to Japan to punch Ikuhara in face.

Now, remember episode #19?

PaninaManinaDec 2, 2011 12:57 PM
Dec 2, 2011 6:59 AM
Aug 2011
Reading all from you, does anyone take to account the significance of completing the diary in the upcoming episodes? With all the suspense and the plot twist, Ikuhara hasn't answered yet several questions. One is the Penguindrum that the Princess of the Crystal is referring to. I bet that before the end of the series, we get to see what the Penguindrum is and how it is related to the diary. The diary is somewhat a powerful device that can overturn fate in the expense of the user's health or fate. I believe that Momoka's death has something to do with the consequence of using the diary. She might have averted a greater tragedy that Sanetoshi had planned, but unfortunately her life could not amount to the subsequent action of the Kiga group.

Another question that has been not answered is Kanba's role in saving Himari. Kanba's desire to save Himari was flared by the words of the Princess of the Crystal that he is the only one who can save her. What does she mean when Kanba is the only person to save her? Why was she rooting for Kanba instead of Shouma if for Himari, Shouma is her soulmate? Isn't it weird that the princess entrusts her heart to Kanba and not to Shouma? The princess had been hinting that Shouma may not have been reliable in saving Himari; in fact, it's Shouma's weak will, naivete view on the world and guilt-bearing behavior that made him unreliable unlike Kanba's strong personality in which every wrongdoing is ignored just to save the person he loves.

Somehow, I get the feeling that Kanba really despises Shouma from the start. We get this hint earlier in Episode 20 when the Natsume siblings, Masako and Kanba, look down on Shouma's behavior. Also, Kanba may have noticed that Himari had set his eyes on Shouma since in their childhood. However, Shouma wants to play house with Kanba and Himari, and somehow Himari's feelings were somewhat unrequited. Kanba plays the aggressor in wooing Himari but because of the family Shouma set, all his moves were thought of the love of a sibling. With the sibling relationship broken with this episode and with Himari realized Kanba's passionate devotion for her, Kanba somehow plays the knight in shining armor in the story, while severely condescending on Shouma.

However, I believe hope is not lost for Shouma since he really might have a chance to save Kanba and Himari. Shouma in this state is more like the underdog; if he were able to get out of his carried burden and worries, he might be able to pull it off. With Ikuhara's track record of making unexpected plot twists, Shouma might even be playing Momoka in this generation. One possibility is for Shouma to obtain the diary from Natsume and Yuri. Kanba is the one who doesn't believe in fate and so I think he doesn't have the desire to obtain the diary; Shouma meanwhile is a believer in fate and is somewhat the more able to save both by cooperating with Ringo. Another is his role as Himari's soulmate. Soulmate doesn't necessary mean the future love ones of another but one who will have a significant impact in one's life. If the childhood determination of Shouma returns in this moment of despair, then he can be a hero that evolved from being a zero.
Dec 2, 2011 7:13 AM

Jun 2011
So, Kenzan is the one and only? :/

Shouma being the next Momoka - pretty much, especially after he saves Himari just the same way Momoka saved Yuri and Tabuki. Possibly he'll die to bring happiness to Kanba and Himari as a couple. Not to mention that he's actually the only one to "die for his family's sins" (even if it's not fair at all!).

And yes, of course, soulmate isn't necessarily a romantic partner, but I think Himari did mean she had been in love with Shouma all the way. Also, she just pretends to follow Kanba's ideas - she actually wants to protect him, just like Masako. As I've already mentioned above, the preview just yells that Masako'll pay for that.
Dec 2, 2011 7:16 AM

Sep 2010
More confused than ever..

I was also surprised to find out Kenzan and Sanetoshi are dead.
I got so sad when Shouma and Himari said goodbye.
I am probably the only one who smiled when I saw that journalist get killed in the 'accident'. Don't get me wrong, it makes me sad to see Kanba giving the order, but I really hate people such as that journalist, so I was happy to see him gone.

I keep hoping for a happy ending, but I'm definitely not expecting it..
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Dec 2, 2011 7:28 AM

Jun 2011
Well, it's always seemed strange to me that Takakura couple sits in some small cheap restaurant all the time. ^^'

Btw, the "cute" funeral scene with Himari annoyed me a bit. Of course, it's cute in its own way, it's metaphorical and it claims the start of Kanba's deep love for Himari. But just imagine it. You're a 10 year old boy who's lost his father and then some kind of a girl with whom you have to live from now on just puts on a plaster on your cheek and says that it won't hurt anymore? How sarcastic. I'd push such a person back or start crying even more. ^^'
Dec 2, 2011 7:38 AM

Apr 2010
This show has been obliterating my tear ducts these last few weeks.
Dec 2, 2011 7:56 AM

Aug 2009
StarryKite said:

Btw, the "cute" funeral scene with Himari annoyed me a bit. Of course, it's cute in its own way, it's metaphorical and it claims the start of Kanba's deep love for Himari. But just imagine it. You're a 10 year old boy who's lost his father and then some kind of a girl with whom you have to live from now on just puts on a plaster on your cheek and says that it won't hurt anymore? How sarcastic. '

They are even younger back then. Shouma and Kanba are 6 years old and Himari is only 3. I think it's even more amazing how mature all the kids are in this show. It's some heavy thoughts going through their minds.

I hope to see why Kanba left the Natsume family, his real brother and sister.
Dec 2, 2011 8:44 AM

Jun 2011
Oh. I was pretty amazed when some people were talking about Himari being 3 years younger than Takakura siblings (it's a cliche already, sorry ^^') which sets her as only 13. Come on, girls in 13 can't be so clever and reasonable and lovely. And Kanba's obsession feels a bit unnatural this way - I can't imagine a 16 year old guy falling for a 13 year old child.

She's been described in some versions being 14, however, I think that's closer. Also she's even claimed in Penguindrum TvTropes page as a part of Wise Beyond Her Years trope. ^-^

Well, his father died, and his grandpa was a mess of evil insanity, as we know already. Plus since he's rejected his son, it's natural he also rejected his grandson too. No wonder Takakuras decided to take Kanba in, especially since he's already been a close friend of Shouma and Himari.

But then! Why haven't they done a thing about Masako and Mario? Of course, raising 5 kids at once would've been insane, but that's just dishonest this way!
Dec 2, 2011 8:45 AM

Jun 2008
maca1989 said:

Isn't it weird that the princess entrusts her heart to Kanba and not to Shouma?
Somehow, I get the feeling that Kanba really despises Shouma from the start.
(...)
However, I believe hope is not lost for Shouma since he really might have a chance to save Kanba and Himari. Shouma in this state is more like the underdog; if he were able to get out of his carried burden and worries, he might be able to pull it off. With Ikuhara's track record of making unexpected plot twists, Shouma might even be playing Momoka in this generation.

Excellent comment, if i may say. ;)

And i do agree in everything you said. ´
I still think Kanba somehow cares for Shouma, but obviously his love for Himari surpasses everything.
I think all the hardships Kanba´s been through made him cold.
Also, if i recall, in episode 12 the princess says to him "The Scorpion soul light shines red" while grabbing the light in his chest. I went to see the symbolism of Scorpions and i found in a page this: "It represents the world in its harshest most destructive nature, and yet with a very protective nature. There is no cruelty in the scorpion. It is simple, emotionless, and deadly at the same time. Cold-blooded simplicity at its finest". which quite fits Kanba since he has the scorpion soul.

It is true that the princess hints that only him can save Himari, but we all know that she never, not even once tried the survival strategy with Shou, and my question is why? Because he was Himari´s fated one?

The Diary is surely important, but i do wonder why Sanetoshi didnt burn the half that Masako has with her. and also, what is penguindrum? The princess says in ep. 17 to Kanba that "the penguindrum is your...".
In the same episode, curiously she says if they dont get the penguindrum someonein their family will receive the punishment. Someone. she didnt say specifically Himari. So thinking twice, i do think if someone dies it will not be Himari but Kanba or Shouma. It would be another troll XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 2, 2011 9:00 AM

Mar 2008
Episode Title - The Door of Fate we Chose
Random sign - "You can choose as you..."

And those dolls from hell?

Where is the white colored doll?

Dec 2, 2011 9:07 AM
Sep 2011
It's good to know that the meetings between Kanba and his parents were only an illusion since I've always doubted that they would show themselves so carelessly in public.
It was pretty sad to see the family falling apart even if it wasn't a real one in the first place.

Again the subject of choice was brought up. Kanba was chosen by Kenzan but apparently it turned out to be the wrong one and ended fatally just like the choice Shoma made to make Himari a family member will lead to her death.

On another note, the ending song was really catchy this time. They also included the penguins and the bears which made me wonder which role these bears play despite being part of Himari's transformation scene.
Dec 2, 2011 9:28 AM

Jun 2011
Someone who'll take the punishment is Masako, I guess.
And the bears creep me out. o.o
Dec 2, 2011 9:45 AM
May 2009
StarryKite said:
Well, his father died, and his grandpa was a mess of evil insanity, as we know already. Plus since he's rejected his son, it's natural he also rejected his grandson too. No wonder Takakuras decided to take Kanba in, especially since he's already been a close friend of Shouma and Himari.

But then! Why haven't they done a thing about Masako and Mario? Of course, raising 5 kids at once would've been insane, but that's just dishonest this way!

I think his father left home on his own to do something (related with Kiga probably, I think he had some important role, as in the earlier episode Kenzan was about to talk about him on the Kiga's meeting), and that made the grandfather exclude him out of Natsume family. Kamba choose to go with him, as Masako said, so this makes him excluded, too. That's why he couldn't come back to Natsumes and Takakuras took him in. Masako and Mario didn't go with their father, so they had other family - grandfather - left.
Dec 2, 2011 9:53 AM

Jun 2011
That really makes sense, but still Masako and Mario felt miserably without their brother and father.

I still can't even imagine what role will Mario play.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.