Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 29, 2012 5:55 PM

Oct 2011
Man, I really want to be Miki's honey D:
But it sure is amazing how easily she can say that she wants to spend her christmas with the one she loves the most, which would be honey. Since it's no secret for her who her honey is, everyone could know. :o
And winning the Shining Idol New Artist Category is amazing, too.
But I didn't see any competition for her (considering only 765PRO). Only Chihaya could have won it, but she started to late with her happy singing. :P

Well, too bad that Haruka couldn't give her present to Producer-san, but looks like she will get her chance.
Jan 15, 2013 3:12 PM

Sep 2011
Nice episode. Haruka really should have given Producer-san the wallet. I think he would have really liked it even if he said Miki's present was the best.

I agree with the others, the balance of the focus on the characters is really bad. I would really like to see more about the others apart from Chihaya, Haruka and Miki.

Miki did get a bit too much attention, though I still like her. I'm happy she got the award, and I'm also happy that no one got jealous (well, Haruka did, but not for that).
It was pretty cute to hear that Miki wanted to spend Christmas with the one she loved the most, Honey :) I wouldn't mind a little romance in the anime. Though Haruka might also have a little crush on Producer-san. Judging from the preview it's gonna be about Haruka again, and her possible rivalry with Miki... I hope nothing bad happens between them :/
Or maybe it's jealousy about everyone getting more attention. Or feeling alone. I should just stop making predictions, we'll see :D
RazielZeroJan 15, 2013 3:21 PM
Jul 18, 2013 8:14 PM

Jan 2013
Christmas episode.
Needs some more romance.
Jan 10, 2014 9:52 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty good Christmas special with Haruka wanted to have at Christmas party at the studio, though with many other Idols have a busy schedule. At least everyone made it in time thanks to the Producer and Haruka didn't have the chance to give her present to the Producer...

Mar 16, 2014 6:56 PM

May 2012
A nice xmas episode to be honest but well let's see what's next!
Mar 29, 2014 4:16 AM

Aug 2013
Aww Haruka didn't get to give her present to Producer-san :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 27, 2014 9:37 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Chihaya and Haruka seem to be very close like Ami and Mami. Part of the reason is bevause Haruka helped Chihaya recover from depression.

Lol at Miki telling the media she loves her honey.

Producer worked his butt off to get the girls to come to the X-Mas party.

Jul 7, 2014 1:50 PM
Mar 2013
“I want to spend Christmas with the person I love most, after all…Naturally that’s Honey!” Awesome! My Producer x Miki ship is basically canon now <3

So many Christmas Cakes *_*

It is a lot of fun to see the idols working so hard but I love seeing them all in the office together. It’s like their home away from home.

Probably one of my favorite episodes. It doesn’t get much better than this.
emeraldrosaryJul 7, 2014 1:53 PM
Sep 2, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
That's a lot of cakes!
Nov 28, 2014 8:58 PM

Jul 2013
good episode
Jan 26, 2015 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Sympathetic narration of the episode, this time not forced and not too watered down while telling the everyday living girls before Christmas eve.
Very pretty this time the new ending; not hurt the quality of the drawings.
Aug 10, 2015 8:18 PM

May 2015
Ehhhh Haruka!! What about your present to Producer-san??
Feb 1, 2016 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
Real idol saying something like what Miki said would be a career suicide.
Sep 30, 2016 11:38 AM

May 2010
Yup another strong episode. Haruka's role once again got highlighted. How she thinks about everyone, a little too much. But she gets to deal with it and learns. Being idols is tough 'cause with your growing popularity, many things change. There's no way you can read cartons of fan letters and stuff you receive from your fans. Not everyone will like you who you are either. But they still you, so you should take it positive and do your best. Getting in-touch with your friends isn't bad at all, and worth it. But considering fan's feelings probably comes first. It's a job, after-all.

Also the christmas cakes looked delicious, love how each girl thought of bringing one. They are such a warm group, I love...
Nov 13, 2016 8:58 PM

Sep 2013
Things are getting pretty hectic for the girls!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 19, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty solid episode. Though I'm not sure how I feel about what seems to be the end game established here. The girls are too busy to get together anymore. The focus shifts back to Haruka as she struggles to keep them together. But interestingly the show seems to be posing the question of if they even should spend as much time together anymore. This is highlighted by Haruka, Makoto and Iori revisiting their conversation at the beach house. Which was a long time ago in the series but one of my favorite scenes.

Still this episode ends relatively lightly for such a heavy set up. The girls do all get together, and have a fun cheaply animated time together. God damn they struggled with the budget in the last 1/3 of this series didn't they? I guess it really was ex-Gainax animators. I liked some of the characters interactions a lot. The montages of how they spent their Christmases was really cool. Chihaya and Haruka were really compelling together as always. I liked Ami and Mami teasing Iori, pure tsundere gold. Still not really crazy about Miki though. At least most idiot savantes in anime are humble.
Sep 10, 2017 7:17 AM

Jul 2015
Meri Kurisumasu!

Seeing all of them together never fails to bring me a smile, they worked really hard during all this time, they deserve the praise they get.

Gratz Miki for the award! She really is talented.
Feb 25, 2018 7:07 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was Idol M@ster at its best! A year ago they went on their last trip and during that time we can recall that work schedule board being empty. Now its so full that no one has time to see each other anymore they're working so much. Producers always busy. Ryuugu is as big as ever. And Miki won an award for being the most shining newcomer idol! How the tables have turned...

There were two ways this episode could have gone. To have no one make it and have it be a lesson on the struggle of losing your social life and times with the ones you love and to cherish spending Christmas with fans. Or to do what they did, show the effort everyone put into spending time with each other out of love and make it the most wholesome episode ever. I was briefly scared for the first possibility especially because of that tragic Chihaya arc but we're back to normal now and of course it'll be as wholesome as possible!

Everyone getting there with cake and making it and the Yukiho birthday party and everything about this party had the biggest smile on my face. We got to see the girls who we've developed the entire have some amazing payoff for their hard work. It was a really delightful scene overall to see all the girls antics and happiness. They're like, real idols now! The only thing that hurt to watch was the fact that Amami felt a wallet wouldn't be a good enough gift once she saw Miki's to the producer. :( Of course he would love it, don't you remember how he cherished the candy you gave him?! I understand though, she has a lot of mixed emotions right now and isn't sure how she should be acting or feeling.
Jun 20, 2020 10:44 AM

May 2018
Wowee, the chief can actually do magic tricks! I wonder if we'll ever get to see his face
Sep 7, 2021 9:42 AM

Aug 2018
Well, if they can't celebrate together exactly at Christmas date.. Can't they just organize party a bit later?.. Like after couple of weeks, or after a month, or something like that..
Chihaya is smiling more now on the scene.. I don't know if I like Chiahaya more like this or how she was before, to be honest.. Yeah, she's happy, so it's better for her.. But I also might enjoy serious look more, as it's different, there are plenty of smiling aura emanating characters already.. Still at the same time she's happy, and glad for that, so can't say I only enjoyed her previous seriousness more..
Yukiho's birthday is 12-24, huh.. Good to know..
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 28, 2011

80 by Javen_the_Jammy »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ousto - Dec 22, 2011

136 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.