Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 1, 2009 6:58 AM

Oct 2008
karasawa said:
I'm getting really bored with this series. It's gone from silly fun action to typical sci-fi drama bullshit. People promise that it's going to get ridiculous again soon, I bloody well hope so.

I think exactly the opposite. Now is when this series boots my score...
Apr 12, 2009 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
Fuck yes. Yoko is back now.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 20, 2009 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
Thank god for Yoko! This series has been seriously deprived of its fanservice in the last few eps.

Jul 17, 2009 10:53 AM
May 2008
Yoko returns!!! Plus Simon and Viral seem to be getting along rather well... <.<
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 11, 2009 3:28 PM

Sep 2008
Amazing episode. Also good to see Rossiu changing - or rather, actually struggling to make the decisions he did. Makes the audience realise (I hope) that he's not a one-dimensional villain or something.

I do hope Viral and Simon team up. Good to see Yoko back. Yoko's right - Nia has become a "boring woman" since she left. XD
Aug 29, 2009 8:11 PM

Aug 2009
OMG YOKO! KICK THOSE ANTI SPIRAL'S ASSES WOOOOOOOO!
Sep 26, 2009 7:05 AM

Jul 2009
Another great episode and Yoko's back ^_^
Sep 27, 2009 2:46 AM

Apr 2009
Beatnik said:
Rossiu's an ass for sure, but its still good that the anime didnt make him one dimensional. The dude was practically falling apart in this episode. His main problem was that he went with a cautious defensive position to face the threat, but we all know that Kamina's offensive way is to the way to victory!

That's right, it's not like he's happy about making that decision...you can see it's breaking his heart - but saving SOME is better than saving absolutely no one. Discarding so many lives is unforgivable, but what else can he do? He's not Kamina. He's trying to think about pros and cons. He won't charge - he will stay back and save as much as he can. Acting like a jerk, true, but still with good intentions... I still have to wait for the situation to develop before I can judge him. Then again, I don't like judging, so maybe I won't do that at all xD

Kittan levelled up in badass :D Good to know that at least someone is saving the spirit and honour of the Dai-Gurren Brigade. If he dies, I'm losing faith in good endings x__X

Yoko is back, yay :D Kick the stupid ninjagirl's ass.

Viral/Simon fight was awesome x3 Andand, Viral's superpowers are yum :D
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 13, 2009 11:39 AM

Jun 2009
That was one hell of an entrance Yoko had. I also think that Roshiu turned into one of the more interesting and conflicting characters in the series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 31, 2009 4:53 PM
Mar 2009
awesome battle of simon vs. viral
lol moment of comedy when jailmates busted viral and simon fighting beating the crap outta the bird

YAY YOKOS BACK!

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jan 9, 2010 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
Another awesome episode. Yoko is finally back yay!
Feb 26, 2010 10:24 PM

Jan 2009
EPIC return!

May 29, 2010 10:42 PM

Jun 2009
YOKO!!!!!!!!
Jun 15, 2010 12:07 PM

Feb 2009
Woohoo, Yoko's back, she's the man!

I can't wait for Simon to get the fucking out that hole and kick some ass with Lagann. Where's my Boota?
Jul 29, 2010 10:32 PM

Jul 2010
Yooooooooookooooooooo!!11!!1! <3
Aug 20, 2010 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
Yoko <3
Also wheres Boota in all this?????????????? XD
He's just gonna pop out of Yoko's breast or something, and say he was the one that brought her XD
Nov 3, 2010 10:57 PM

Sep 2009
Kittan grew up!
Hurrah!
Dec 7, 2010 12:00 PM

May 2010
XD this was sooooooooooooo cool <3
Dec 13, 2010 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Yoko's entarnce was as good as always. xD
Dec 22, 2010 7:53 AM

Jul 2008
Loved almost naked Simoun and Viral dueling it out. =D

&&& YOKO! *_*
Feb 2, 2011 3:21 PM

Aug 2010
YOOOOKOOOOO HNNNNGNGHNGHGNGHGNHGN:SAKalsdlajsda;lksd
Apr 4, 2011 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
- Viral vs. Simon was nice. Lol @ chicken man.
- I don't hate Rossiu as much as I did in the past few episodes but I still thinks he needs to be smacked once.
- Kittan is awesome.
- Yoko!
May 28, 2011 11:04 PM

May 2009
Serg said:
I wonder if that Chicken Beastman is related to Family Guy.

Anyway, great ep =)

when i first saw him i thought of family guy as well!!
Jan 26, 2012 4:04 PM

Jan 2009
YOKO IS BACK YEAA
Feb 26, 2012 8:11 PM

Nov 2011
Yoko is back! FInallyyy!!!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 18, 2012 9:49 PM

Sep 2011
The long awaited return!
May 5, 2012 12:06 AM

Mar 2012
The evacuation reminded me so much of 2012... God, that movie was awful.

The fight between Simon, Viral, and the Family Guy chicken was fun.

And Yoko's back! yay!!! =D
Jul 2, 2012 8:49 PM

Feb 2012
Viral vs Simon was real funny.

OMG, YOKO! And Kittan is actually doing something good now!
Jul 12, 2012 3:02 AM

May 2012
Yoko is one sexy mo' fucker. :3
Aug 29, 2012 5:02 PM

May 2012
Nice episode a bit to much push on the story but still lovely! The ending makes it all worth it YOKO!!!
Sep 29, 2012 12:50 AM

Jun 2011
I don't get all the hate directed at Rossiu. Sure I love the occasional idealistic talk, but his actions aren't self-serving; he's simply ensuring the survival of his kind. There's nothing wrong with that; hell, we're programmed to live above all else. Corner a man, and he'll even kill if that means he gets to live.

Anyway, I love how the line between good/evil turned blurry after the time leap. Looking forward to what Yoko's got up her sleeve.
Feb 18, 2013 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
LOVED Kittan in this episode, glad he was saved. I would have lost it if he died. Also it would be an accurate description to say that my head exploded when Yoko showed up. What an ending!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 15, 2013 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
skinnyminni914 said:
Serg said:
I wonder if that Chicken Beastman is related to Family Guy.

Anyway, great ep =)

when i first saw him i thought of family guy as well!!

LOLOL

YOKO!
Mar 22, 2013 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
It would take way longer than one year for the Earth to be habitable if the Moon collided into it.
Mar 25, 2013 4:21 AM

Jan 2013
Dissent said:
I don't get all the hate directed at Rossiu. Sure I love the occasional idealistic talk, but his actions aren't self-serving; he's simply ensuring the survival of his kind. There's nothing wrong with that; hell, we're programmed to live above all else. Corner a man, and he'll even kill if that means he gets to live.

Anyway, I love how the line between good/evil turned blurry after the time leap. Looking forward to what Yoko's got up her sleeve.

At least someone understands rossiu's actions.

Yeah what he has been doing so far is messed up but come one look at it from his point of view, it actually hurt him doing that, I'm probably gonna get hated for that. Lol
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 28, 2013 9:15 AM

Aug 2012
Yoko your late !!!!
Apr 27, 2013 9:58 AM

Sep 2009
It was sad to see that Kittan stayed behind, but Yoko appearing in the end balanced that out.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jul 6, 2013 6:32 PM

Sep 2010
I think Rossiu is pretty hurt that he had to leave that many people behind. Expressions and body language are worth a thousand words after all~

I hope Kittan don't die I love him then again I always seen him dying a Kamina like death except it would be sadder cause he had more screentime. =/

Yay Yoko is back!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 6, 2013 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
Kittan is such a great character.
Jul 9, 2013 6:06 AM
May 2012
Dissent said:

I agree
Jul 9, 2013 9:04 AM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
Dissent said:

I agree

yeah, ensure survival of humanity, start off by killing the pilot of the most powerful weapon in the universe. good thinking rossiu.

anyway, this episode made me want to kill that fucker, but kittans speech when retrieving simons core drill soul (very reminiscent of a later scene with kittan, one of my favorite of the series) was amazingly done. how rossiu says he entrusted humanity to [simons core drill] and kittan says he'll just bet tomorrow on it, and states that the fact that staying back is futile is what makes it so good.
love kittan as a character. really wished that he killed rossiu and released simon, coulda solved a lot more things.

giga drill? mech mounted assault cannon? fuck that, shotgun+spiral shells does the job. what a BAMF
Jul 9, 2013 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
Nope.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 9, 2013 2:50 PM
May 2012
eldest said:
Tengai said:
Dissent said:

I agree

yeah, ensure survival of humanity, start off by killing the pilot of the most powerful weapon in the universe. good thinking rossiu.

anyway, this episode made me want to kill that fucker, but kittans speech when retrieving simons core drill soul (very reminiscent of a later scene with kittan, one of my favorite of the series) was amazingly done. how rossiu says he entrusted humanity to [simons core drill] and kittan says he'll just bet tomorrow on it, and states that the fact that staying back is futile is what makes it so good.
love kittan as a character. really wished that he killed rossiu and released simon, coulda solved a lot more things.

giga drill? mech mounted assault cannon? fuck that, shotgun+spiral shells does the job. what a BAMF

I'm talking about the hate why so much hate???
Jul 9, 2013 6:25 PM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
eldest said:
Tengai said:
Dissent said:

I agree

he tries to kill simon in retaliation for the anti spiral enacting the contingency plan against humanity.
simon saved kamina city, the grappearls wouldnt have even killed the 2 that were there, they would have leveled the entire city unopposed.
the citizens were more worried about being reimbursed than surviving, so rossiu decides to kill simon for no good reason
thats why everyone hates him
Jul 11, 2013 10:25 AM
May 2012
eldest said:
Tengai said:
eldest said:
Tengai said:
Dissent said:

I agree

he tries to kill simon in retaliation for the anti spiral enacting the contingency plan against humanity.
simon saved kamina city, the grappearls wouldnt have even killed the 2 that were there, they would have leveled the entire city unopposed.
the citizens were more worried about being reimbursed than surviving, so rossiu decides to kill simon for no good reason
thats why everyone hates him

I know rossiu is acting dumb but still can't hate the guy maybe it's just me.
Jul 11, 2013 2:33 PM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:

I know rossiu is acting dumb but still can't hate the guy maybe it's just me.

the show made even me feel bad for him by the end of the next few eps
Jul 25, 2013 2:58 PM

Jan 2010
i just screeched.
yoko <33333
Sep 24, 2013 2:03 PM
May 2013
I thought Kittan is going to be the next Kamina, although he acted a bit like him.
Yoko is finally back!
I hope Simon will seek revenge, Rossiu needs to pay for his stupidity .
Nov 9, 2013 4:18 PM

Apr 2011
Yes! Enter Yoko. I can see amazing things happening.
Nov 21, 2013 12:43 AM

Apr 2013
Rossiu is an asshole, but he makes some good (and some very poor) decisions.

Yoko returns!
Powerful eyebrows.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1151 by Spiral26 »»
Apr 8, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

broaz - Jul 29, 2007

194 by phantom346 »»
Mar 25, 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.