Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2011 10:58 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
C.C (Code Geass) look alike and the half elf guy are the main topic of the OVA. Even male miko helping the half elf guy who wanted to make the world better but gave up get the Colette. So the siblings are half elf, too, not elf. Lloyd still accepts them.

The grown-ups were the knights who supports the half elf siblings for better world, and "father" believing Lloyd could make up what they went wrong.

Next ep. is when the grown-ups lead the group to where the half elf guy and male miko took Colette, and where that C.C look alike is.
tsubasaloverOct 28, 2012 5:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2011 6:46 PM

Sep 2011
anyone got a link to this subbed? or is it going to take like 3 months for this ep to get subbed like usual

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 27, 2011 6:58 PM

Aug 2011
Waiting for this to be subbed ~
(Which will take, a century?)
Nov 30, 2011 8:06 AM

Mar 2008
Not as striking as the Tethe'Alla episodes before but solid.

I didn't like that even though they altered the game plot they still needed to skip stuff, I was a bit confused at the beginning.
But there were some good scenes like

Really looking forward to the final episode~

And before someone asks: I've watched the raw :) Sorry, no subs yet.
Nov 30, 2011 8:18 AM

Dec 2010
GuyxFlynn said:
Waiting for this to be subbed ~
(Which will take, a century?)

Close enough to a century. I still need to shave my beard off from waiting for the Tethe'alla hen.
Dec 13, 2011 12:35 AM

Sep 2010
Finally found the whole thing RAW

I loved the opening Yuan and Martel dancing Child Lloyd and Kratos. Very nice.

Shiina said:

"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 14, 2011 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
Really good episode. This adaptation is making me love characters I didn't really care about before (Genis&Raine this ep. So sad ;_;)
And Mithos can be pretty creepy in Japanese ^^; Love him all the more though!

btw French subs are out for those who understand it ;)
Dec 20, 2011 8:50 PM

Oct 2011
Alright watched it. Awesome episode. Though it really skips a lot of the story. But it's to be expected right? Only 2(Now 3) episodes.

Also, wonder if it's gonna happen.

Edit: Yahoo 3 episodes! Aren't ye all happy?
St-HubertMar 25, 2012 2:38 PM
Jan 6, 2012 1:48 PM
Feb 2008
Finally found it with french subs - not that I can actually speak french but I know some similar language so I understood the most.

I'm soooo glad they showed some stuff from the Seraphs, they're my favorite charas and when i played the game I always wished they would show more about them. So this episode was like heaven for me *.*

I love Mithos and the way he animated him, but I think the night at Altessa's place was better in the game. However since they changed so much I have hope that

Jan 11, 2012 7:40 PM

Nov 2009
Well it's been a month and a half and still no English subs...getting so bored waiting on them too.

Probably should just watch it as Ive played the game to death anyway =/
Jan 11, 2012 11:09 PM
Aug 2007
Riptos said:
Well it's been a month and a half and still no English subs...getting so bored waiting on them too.

Probably should just watch it as Ive played the game to death anyway =/

Well Formula said they're dragging right now with only 2 members of the team left over and the rest going MIA. Hopefully they'll get it out since they've done it since 2007.
Jan 15, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2007
Subs are out!

Jan 15, 2012 6:36 PM
Apr 2009
Thanks for letting me know! I finally got to see the first episode and it was awesome!
Jan 15, 2012 7:12 PM

Nov 2009
Finally there is a god.

Well this all gonna wrap up in an episode...I suspect it's gonna feel quite rushed unfortunately.

Poor Pronyma, her death on this was much harsher than in the game...she's quite pretty in this too =(

Have to be the slowest subs in all of anime at the moment though. Been since Late November lol.
Jan 15, 2012 8:07 PM

Aug 2011
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Anyways waited months for a sub, and it was worth it! Was so great but just missed out on some action... now I'm waiting for the last episode! (Go gonna takes months for a release, and years for a sub -__-)
Jan 15, 2012 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
Finally subs came out! Pure awesomeness of course. But now it'll probably take forever for the last episode to come out and be subbed.
Jan 15, 2012 11:56 PM
Nov 2009
It looks like they've skipped Flanoir. Or if they mean to put Flanoir in it's going to be out of sequence I guess? That kind of sucks. The Flanoir scenes were my favourite part of the game, along with the scene after where Lloyd and whoever he picked (Who I'm guessing would be Collette given how the anime has been) makes plans for what they'll do after it all ends.

Oh well, besides that it's okay. They sort of talked through like 20 hours of game in there, but it'll set up the big fight with Mithos nicely.

Also Pronyma. :( They handled that well.

Looking forward to the next one. When's that one out? Anyone know?
Jan 16, 2012 12:11 PM

Aug 2011
Almost forgot.
INDIGNATION vs JUDGMENT ANYBODY?
Jan 16, 2012 12:14 PM

Aug 2007
Agree with Naelok. The Flanoir scenes are pretty much the most crucial... But you did see a part of Kratos in the snow in the opening.

Watching this made me realise that Colette surely likes to be kidnapped. Also, I have to admit, I don't like how the opening sounds, but the lyrics sure fit with this episode.

I like Zelos' serious face...

Also,

Oh lol, now that you mention it. Judgement looked way more impressive in the game than THAT.
DragonsWhipJan 16, 2012 1:04 PM
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 16, 2012 10:28 PM

Jun 2010
I didn't like the OP but the animation was beautiful, Kratos being a good daddy... Oh, I died.
Jan 17, 2012 2:38 PM

Oct 2008
Video quality is good, fonts look nice too. Audio synch is also perfect.

Too bad they forgot to get a translator who actually knows japanese again.

It makes me sad that Formula is all tales fandom has. I only downloaded subs to laugh at them but I find myself crying... again.
Jan 17, 2012 4:03 PM

Aug 2011
Well it was about time Formula Fansub released what's left of them. They are currently understaffed by the looks of it, but they do deserve credits for the work they have done so far. Really hope they'll end with a bang with the last episode of Tales of Symphonia animation show.

Great episode, a lot of Kratos. Loved it! We see more of Mithos's pass than we actually know from the game. But the anime is striving a lot from the game and a lot of plot holes and sudden changes are to happen. Like how Yggdrasil appears outside of Azette's house, and that Yuan and Kratos made "peace" at the Dragon's Den.

Zelos betraying Lloyd was expected, but I didn't expect it this early. Looking forward to how Zelos and Kratos will be played about in the end. As for us who played the game know what will suck or not. Especially Kratos bias fanboys like me. Judgement<Indignation.

Also was a bit weird to listen to Sheena as she shares the same seeyu as Nami from One Piece, which I watched episode 530 just before this OVA. I doubt I will ever get used to that.

Looking forward to the final OVA from Tales of Symphonia. Expecting an epic battle between Mithos and the rest. As for Kratos' part, it's going to be s some deceive part in the last one. Can't wait for the last one!

Good episode overall, decent paced, a lot of plot holes, but watchable. 4/5
Jan 18, 2012 2:29 PM

May 2009
Only thing I enjoyed was Zelos towards the end. Everything feels so awkward. And I was so bored at the very beginning.
Jan 19, 2012 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
Nice episode, too bad they skipped a lot. I can't believe, when playing the game for the first time, I didn't get the hints Zelos would betray you. Watching this series makes everything so obviously clear lol.
Jan 21, 2012 9:39 AM

Apr 2007

;_____;

Although the transition between some scenes was kind of sloppy, as someone who didn't play the game it was really obvious that quite a bit was skipped, it was still a nice episode. I wasn't confused about anything at least. Oh and the opening is pretty~

I probably shouldn't have watched this yet, though, since a release date for the second episode hasn't even been announced :| Hopefully ufotable doesn't take forever.
Mar 23, 2012 2:57 PM

Jun 2009
I really love opening sequence. Not the song, though. I love how opening shows Kratos with little Lloyd and also makes it seem like Mithos, Mertel, Kratos & Yuan are the main heroes now instead of Lloyd and his gang.
The episode was pretty meh for me. Maybe it's because it's been months since I saw last episode. And at the end I preparing for epic battle when Zelos ruined it. Oh well, I just hope that he gets out okay out of this whole mess. I would have liked more scenes between him and Colette/Lloyd. Can't wait to see Zelos's past.
Overall, the ep. was kinda boring. I liked flashbacks, though.
Mar 23, 2012 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
Finally got round to watching this!
Wow, did Martel always have such nice boobs; she also has an exquisite fashion sense.

After playing Graces F, I finally remembered why I love Symphonia so much. The characters are all just amazing. The touch of prejudice overwhelms you and everything is is beautiful.

Makes me want a Tales of Symphonia 0 though. =/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2012 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
HawthorneKitty said:

After playing Graces F, I finally remembered why I love Symphonia so much. The characters are all just amazing. The touch of prejudice overwhelms you and everything is is beautiful.
yah graces was just all around meh

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 8, 2012 10:13 PM
Sep 2010
Makes me sad that they didn't include the scene in the game where Zelos hugs Lloyd from behind and says, "We're best friends, right?" That was such a heartbreaking scene.
May 1, 2012 7:15 PM

Aug 2011
hartschaotica said:
Makes me sad that they didn't include the scene in the game where Zelos hugs Lloyd from behind and says, "We're best friends, right?" That was such a heartbreaking scene.

Too bromanctic man...
Jun 2, 2012 3:25 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. They changed some scenes from the original game but I liked some of the changes. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

The new opening is amazing! I love it.
Jun 15, 2012 3:39 PM

Feb 2009
What the hell, this series gets worse with each release
Aug 7, 2012 9:06 PM

Apr 2010
Aired: Nov 23, 2011 to Oct 24, 2012

wat?
Aug 19, 2012 9:16 AM
Jul 2008
Veethorn said:
What the hell, this series gets worse with each release

How so?

antonn said:
Aired: Nov 23, 2011 to Oct 24, 2012

wat?

The last episode is scheduled to be released on October.
Jul 7, 2013 11:04 AM

May 2011
I can't really describe the emotion I felt in words throughout the entire OVA... this holds way too much meaning for me. Every single character, dialogue, expression, events, OST... Just every single scene.

I like the portrayal of how deep the scars of discrimination can be, Symphonia always does it so painfully, yet beautifully. It always reaches the heart.

5/5.

On to the final 2, let's see how they handle the last few bits of the game.
Kayaba-Jan 28, 2014 7:26 PM
Aug 27, 2013 11:00 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was a real disappointment to me as a fan of the game surely they could of made more logical sense to this, but i guess with episodes adapting a third of the game that is going to be impossible.

Certain changes they cut out completely like the 2nd journey to the tower of salvation and that is where zelos was supposed to betray them, also the interaction between zelos and sheena is just so out of place, the ova's have not had enough time to even really develop their relationship like the game did.

I guess as fans that have not seen the game, they might find zelos sudden betrayal pretty shocking cause it was indeed a big plot twist in the game, but their is just so much left out.

Also correct me if im wrong but wasn't their supposed to be a meteor or something that lands in this little village they were at and the meteor turns out to be mithos. Anyways lots of changes, they are really trying to rush it.
ArtimesGamerAug 27, 2013 11:36 PM

Nov 30, 2013 8:39 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty much a decent start of the new arc, but not much a lot of action in here. I was hoping a fight at the end but instead having a twist...

Though I like the background information of Raine and Genis when they are half elves and hated by humans. Though the friendship is strong where Lloyd doesn't mind it as they are close friends. Now they will save Colette once again.

Damn didn't realize that Zelos betrayed the party and, member of the Cruxis and took Colette with him.

Well I haven't played the games though, so I wonder how they will wrap things up for the last two.

Dec 22, 2013 7:42 AM

Jun 2012
except that they left out allot its still really good i have played both games and even see somethings that weren't fully clear to me so that cool.

when i started this episode i was not sure where they started cause i forgot where the last animation ended and in the game it is a bit different then the animation at some points.

i got to say some lines Loyd had really touched me and some things he said where really true.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 2, 2014 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
>It would be great if we can be friends forever.
Dat nakamura is strong.

I'm not sure how I feel about the episode. Part of it felt slow, other part felt bittersweet.

Mithos is pretty badass though. Dat ending.
May 22, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2012
Felt a bit gay at times tbh.
Though I know they were trying to portray strong friendship.
May 23, 2014 9:11 AM

Aug 2007
They REALLY stretched this one out, didn't they? That the majority of the episode spent so much time at that ONE place was a bit grating, but admittedly it did a great job of laying out the motivation behind Mithos--actually much better than the game did, imo. The scenes of Kratos, Yuan, Martel and Mithos fully animated were beautiful, as was that opening! Can't say the same for the opening song though, yeeeeesh....
Jan 1, 2015 1:08 PM

Jun 2012
The conversation between zelos and llyod was amazing!
Dec 8, 2015 2:11 AM

Apr 2011
A little bit unnecessary to kill Pronyma. She could of been a set-up villain for the main female characters to battle.

Anyone got turn-on by her death by a kid?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia The Animation: Sekai Tougou-hen Episode 3 Discussion

Falcomster - Oct 24, 2012

39 by hihappy »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:56 AM

» What were Zelos's motives?

Chikipichi - Aug 10, 2020

5 by dannymilk »»
Nov 19, 2020 8:49 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia The Animation: Sekai Tougou Hen Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 22, 2012

28 by HumbertoZero »»
Aug 13, 2016 4:41 PM

» Subtitles, Anyone ? (halfly solved)

greenmarty - Jan 16, 2013

2 by greenmarty »»
Mar 26, 2013 3:20 AM

» Trailer for OVA 2

ExecRory - Jun 4, 2012

4 by IZEROII »»
Jun 9, 2012 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.