Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 3, 2008 9:36 AM

Jan 2008
I don't hate Raki aside from the fillers in the anime. He just killed screentime with bullshit imo XD. It made the battle feel less tense and everything. (I really noticed after watching it again today).

I understand his desire to protect the person that 'saved' him or however you wanna call it. So I don't mind him crying around and what not, he's still a young kid after all. (I must say that some girls were a lot stronger mentally than him but oh well, he's maturing)

But the part that got filled, well probably BECAUSE it was filled, I hated it more. And so I hate him at that moment. They should've just kept it completely the same as the manga and then once a year release a 1 hr movie or an OVA per 3 months so that the manga gets the skip and once that's done, see if there's either enough storyline to fit in 12 episodes or 26. Can't turn back time though. XD

In anyway, I hate Raki because of his whining in the fillers >>;
Feb 26, 2008 7:41 PM

Nov 2007
useless characters get annoying after awhile when they only continually get in the way.... but thankfully that should be changing soon.
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Mar 3, 2008 3:46 PM

Jan 2008
People don't like Raki because hes not a bad ass Claymore like the rest of the cast but a normal human boy who despite being as weak as you or me still takes up the sword to defend Clare against the likes of monsters that would cause lesser men to run away in terror.

He can't help being human!
Mar 27, 2008 4:05 PM

Jan 2008
rayyhum777 said:
He cares for Clare and he brings her out of her shell, just like a young Clare brings Teresa out of her shell.

And look what happened there. It's only 'cause of Teresa coming out of her shell that Priscilla was allowed to awaken and own everyone.
Apr 3, 2008 10:29 AM

Apr 2007
Seasonreaper said:
rayyhum777 said:
He cares for Clare and he brings her out of her shell, just like a young Clare brings Teresa out of her shell.

And look what happened there. It's only 'cause of Teresa coming out of her shell that Priscilla was allowed to awaken and own everyone.

And if that didn't happen, would we even have a story? Please.

I don't see the problem with Raki either. He's human, and he tries his best. The shadow of the other great, inhuman characters make him seem weak, when he really isn't. If he were weak, he'd have commited suicide the moment he was thrown out of his village. Instead, he found inspiration in Clare and tried to do his best in living. He's well aware that he's a burden to Clare, but he still doesn't give up. Instead, he's been practicing with Isley all this time. I really can't wait till he appears in the current arc.

Of course, there are those people that hate him just because they hate him, no "Oh he's weak" excuses. You're all excused, because sometimes I can't help but hate a character too, dunno the reason.
Apr 3, 2008 7:24 PM

May 2007
Its true that Raki was necessary and had a big impact on clare ... its just that this concept has been overused and that the anime Raki made it worst. I really want to see how raki's turned out after all these years...
May 2, 2008 6:38 PM
Apr 2008
Hopefully he becomes strong later.
May 20, 2008 12:09 AM

Apr 2008
The anime made him out to be much more cowardly and incredibly needy. But, this isn't new when either a book or manga is adapted. The voice actor doesn't help much either.
Jun 2, 2008 3:13 AM

Nov 2007
i dont understand why anyone would hate raki, its not like hez a whining crying bitching punk whoz only job is to distract us from the main story! is he?
Jun 2, 2008 3:43 AM

Nov 2007
Raki is one of my favorite characters , and honestly its a realistic portrayal of how any one of us would act if placed in such circumstances and such a world at his age (hey your family was eaten by yoma in front of ur eyes and then a yoma looking like your brother tried to eat you not to mention all his other encounters of yoma/AB's)

i personally can't wait for his return in the manga and hoping he becomes a male half yoma (not an awakened being, unless AB's can be brought back )
evil_kenshinJun 2, 2008 3:47 AM
Jun 16, 2008 11:08 AM

Apr 2008
Im Kinda Ify About Him
=3
-Spongee xx
Jun 16, 2008 12:36 PM

Aug 2007
No more Raki hate cuz now he is uber awesome.
Jun 16, 2008 4:44 PM

Sep 2007
Well I think I'll start to hate him... he's way too big O_O
I can't no longer imagine ero scene with him and Clare >.< those things were what kept me alive ~_~'
Jun 16, 2008 7:33 PM

Nov 2007
Kyoshiro said:
Well I think I'll start to hate him... he's way too big O_O
I can't no longer imagine ero scene with him and Clare >.< those things were what kept me alive ~_~'

his not THAT big , his only slightly taller than the villagers which is what Clares height is roughly.

Jun 17, 2008 4:47 PM

May 2007
Raki is my new hero.

Unless he went psychopath over the years. Doesn't seem like that so far though.
Jun 19, 2008 11:43 PM

Jun 2008
its not hate... he's just fine... average character... simply needed for the story... i don't hate him, but i don't love him also...

meh.. who cares?
if you bother me when i'm watching One Piece, OMAE WO KOROSU!
Jun 29, 2008 7:22 AM

Oct 2007
I've only seen the Anime now, but he was such an annoying fu**ing crybaby. He had good intentions, but did he had to use such a female voice. When he tried to strenghen Clare it seemed as if he cried.
^_^ ^_^
Jul 7, 2008 3:10 AM

Jul 2008
I don't hate or dislike Raki. He can fight yoma and I think now they finally can meet with Clare. They will have fun for some time and then, bang Priscilla eats Raki and the final battle to death between Clare and Priscilla starts!
Priscilla should kill Raki thats my opinion. xD

Jul 7, 2008 7:05 AM

Apr 2008
Raki wasn't really a fearful crybaby in the first part of the manga, but to me he was annoying like almost every "plot device": he's necessary for the development of the main character and that's all.
Am i the only one who thinks that in the second part he's become kinda Mary-Sue? With this progress... he turned from a weak kid into a cool man, he's so strong, wow! 8/ It semms a bit unnatural, he's still human, after all...
Jul 11, 2008 12:37 AM

Jun 2008
They say in the manga that it does happen that a human comes along that is strong enough to fight a Yoma, and he has been doing nothing but wandering and training for 7years. I'm sure Priscilla had to save him a few times, so it's not like he got strong all at once. As far as he goes, in the anime he annoyed me a bit, but without him there it would have been odd, since Clare would not have had anyone to interact with.
Jul 18, 2008 3:08 PM
Jul 2008
I really like Raki, he's got a pure personality and I have really high hopes for him. For instance if he we to somehow become the first half yoma half human male in a long time becasue of his pacifist personality he is able to hold out longer. I would really like to see him kick some Awakened being ass.
Jul 22, 2008 2:03 PM

Apr 2008
I Love Him~
He's Ok As A Companion =3
Aug 24, 2008 9:08 PM

Jul 2007
Sobzob said:

I agree with Baman though.
Baman said:
I don't really like him, and neither do I hate him either...

Aug 25, 2008 2:15 AM

Jul 2008
He and Priscilla are key characters for Clare development!!!
Aug 29, 2008 4:49 AM

Jun 2008
Raki is just the kind of character usualy everybody hates and that just "stuck" in the middle of the anime

Aug 29, 2008 5:15 AM

Jul 2008
SoraQuasar said:
Raki is just the kind of character usualy everybody hates and that just "stuck" in the middle of the anime

Hehehhehehe
Sep 22, 2008 7:37 AM

Jun 2008
Saty666 said:
SoraQuasar said:

Hehehhehehe

and now I understand that it did happen :(

GOD damn it!

Sep 23, 2008 7:56 AM

Jul 2008
SoraQuasar said:
Saty666 said:
SoraQuasar said:

Hehehhehehe

and now I understand that it did happen :(

GOD damn it!

Yea but he will be kind of strong but still a weakling when it comes to Clare!!!! :)
Sep 29, 2008 6:28 PM

Jun 2008
Because he was a dick. I mean what the hell? He didn't fuck up the climax or the intro. He waited 'til the last episode and fucked up the conclusion!

I would be ok with if there were prospects for a Claymore Season 2 but I might be dead when that comes! The anime is still my favorite and all but he is the reason I can't make it a masterpiece.......

And he isn't a pacifist. He just fails at life(eh...anime but you know). If I wanted to watch a coolio pacifist (not that Raki is cool in any way because he totally isn't) I would just watch Gandhi. GAAAH...

HOWEVER, he is alright in the manga, I hope becomes a claymore, that's what I wanted from the anime...he kind of is a pseudoclaymore right now but I hope he awakens or something
Oct 1, 2008 8:49 AM

Jul 2008
Because he is the most useless character that I have seen in all of anime.

Manga
Oct 1, 2008 9:40 AM

Jun 2008
I don't think he'll become a claymore though.. but at least he's better than he was now
Oct 1, 2008 8:15 PM
Oct 2008
I dislike Raki in the anime because he ruined the conclusion. The anime series was an excellent adaption of the manga right up until the last few episodes where it truly diverged (not always a horrible thing, differing endings) but it was ruined in the last few episodes for me with Raki's cowardice and wining. It made Shinji look good it was so bad.

Conversely I do like Raki in the manga, and I have high hopes for his continued character development.
Nov 22, 2008 3:02 PM

Aug 2008
he is whining baby if he realy wanted to help clare he would ignore all rules and become claymore as mere human he is just burden.
lakisaNov 22, 2008 3:43 PM
Nov 27, 2008 1:55 AM
Oct 2008
In the manga he became a Human-claymore
Nov 27, 2008 5:53 AM

Nov 2007
Dogfather-PuA said:
In the manga he became a Human-claymore

huh? I dont think there is something called "human-claymore" to begin with. He became strong, thats it.
Nov 27, 2008 11:36 AM

Jan 2008
If I'm not mistaken it's not "hard" to kill a Yoma as in slicing it in two, it's just that humans can't see the difference between a human and a yoma. and that is where pricilia comes in ^_^

As for the Raki hate, never really hated him, in fact I like him, but indeed he is better in the manga and I hope that if they continue with the anime they are going to, somehow, make it al right and follow the manga so Raki becomes stronger like in the manga.
Nov 27, 2008 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
I don't really think they are going to continue the anime, I think the reason they made the last few episodes so different from the manga is because they needed an ending..

And you're right about the yoma killing, it's not necessarily the strength that humans lack, it's the ability to determine who the yoma is
Feb 10, 2009 12:12 PM
Jan 2009
As a genuine, certified Raki-hater, I shall try to make my reasons for hating him clear. ^^
First, he does steal air time from the actual characters. He is also a whiny, underaged "I'm going to everything everywhere at the same time the bestest even though I can't" attitude, not unlike Shirou from Fate/Stay Night (I don't dislike Shirou, just giving an example) and prepubescent Halo players. He also destroys most of the ending. It would have been okay if there is to be a second season *cough cough*, but seeing as there isn't one planned, his "I'm going to protect everyone everywhere at the same time the bestest" attitude kinda got in the way of people getting some classic Claymore closure. Might be false consensus effect, but I'm sure more people than I feel that way.
He is somewhat necessary for Claymore, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to run him through with a frying pan and hack up his entrails with it. ^^
Any questions, please ask. I'm interested in what others have to say about this. :D
These aren't all the reasons, just a basic summary. I'll add some of the rest later. I just don't want to type an even longer essay. ^^
Feb 12, 2009 7:35 PM

Dec 2007
Raki = Useless
Feb 13, 2009 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
He is pretty awesome now. I just hope he has stopped be whiney
Feb 13, 2009 9:29 AM

Dec 2008
I'll give a reasan why everyone SHOULD hate his guts.
CRY
WHINE
CRY
WHINE
MORE CRYING
MOREWHINING

GAWDOGGIT I HATE THAT LITTLE MONkeY!!!
free cookie for you!

Check Out Democrats of MAL
Dec 4, 2013 7:13 AM
Dec 2012
I kinda liked him. He just liked Clare very much. But...
Jan 30, 2014 2:44 PM

Apr 2011
One the best points of claymore for me is that Clare and Raki make a really interesting and original duo. So even though he is not my favourite, I still like Raki as he is an essential character for me. There are times when he annoys me with his excessive kindness and softness but there is also one thing I really like about him:
Feb 20, 2014 1:41 PM
Oct 2012
Well i like Raki a lot, not only now when he become strong but from beginning. He did cry a lot and is whiny, but seriously he is one of most realistic characters in mangas where most of the kids are all badass and superhuman, he is scared kid that hides behind Clare's shirt, which is to be expected in his situation.
Oct 13, 2016 11:47 PM
Oct 2016
Though I hate him for being such a wimp and crybaby, it is unforgivable of him to be such an idiot but still pretend to be philosophical. Don't he realize that he is not only weak and useless, but most of his actions put Clare in real danger. He distracted her focus during fights (such as vs Ophelia, after was explicitly instructed to stay behind) and interfere with her fight against Priscillia where Clare nearly died trying to win. He is like a total retard is every sense but act normal and keep preaching his twisted ideals so he can cling to the bosom of older women.

The most suspense parts of the anime were really when his character pops up and seems like going to do something significant in the story. You know then that he will stupidly mess up whatever Clare has been intricately planned but if they survive she will forgive him. Then we have the crying scene again. People like Rika is the ultimate parasite. If we could have planted him nearby Hitler, World War 2 would have ended in 2 weeks.
Dec 24, 2016 4:58 AM

Feb 2015
I don't like him nor I hate him. To me he is pretty an uninteresting character, and I liked it better when it's Clare on her own.
Wonder if his character is handled better in manga.

Dec 20, 2018 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
He's Garbage and useless but i don't hate him.
Dec 20, 2018 10:23 AM

Jan 2012
Honestly I hate Raki, however, it's true I hate Priscilla even more.
I think Raki in the manga is better than in the anime series, anyway.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Whats under the Claymore's Clothing? (Not perverted)

CrimsonReaper - Mar 24, 2010

37 by uranimemom »»
Feb 19, 2022 12:21 AM

» Discuss Everything You Hate About Raki ( 1 2 )

MechaMaddness - Aug 11, 2009

51 by Spirit_Tree »»
Nov 13, 2020 10:30 PM

» Is Helen underrated ?

Yugao_ - Aug 23, 2019

2 by SunWukung »»
Nov 3, 2019 6:03 PM

» New Teresa figure

BTrinidad01 - Jan 2, 2019

2 by MoFried »»
Apr 5, 2019 5:15 PM

» Favorite Claymore ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

eppyomega - Jul 26, 2007

305 by BTrinidad01 »»
Dec 29, 2018 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.