3It was OK
4.9%
2Disliked it
2.4%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.7
41 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2011 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LOL Diana

Chihiro you are a great woman :'(
Nov 21, 2011 11:20 AM

Aug 2009
OH MY GAWD they are going to drag this on forever.
Nov 21, 2011 11:39 AM

Jul 2008
Inb4 people that comes saying that there is 2 more goddesses because they didn't understood that Diana was talking about herself.

Inb4 people that comes saying that Keima is the worst when it's actually the opposite.
Nov 21, 2011 11:43 AM

Jul 2010
OMG Swimsuit WTF LOL feel sry for Chihiro :(
Nov 21, 2011 12:24 PM

Feb 2008
at this point, hes the one being conquered. even so, they need to hurry up and get this over with.
Nov 21, 2011 1:04 PM

Oct 2008
He had that one long coming...
Nov 21, 2011 1:09 PM

Sep 2009
Keima getting what he deserves muhawhawhawhawhaw
Nov 21, 2011 2:14 PM

Aug 2011
LOL at the swimsuit and all
but seriously feel sorry for chihiro AND keima AND ayumi >_<
chihiro being hurt that much, but that hurt must be as much for ayumi witnessing it too
and for keima to actually do it most be really hard and painful on his case too....
oh well, lets just see how the next chapter goes like
Nov 21, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2010
He has a lot of things going for him right now. I thought he knew Ayumi was there. Everything is going not the way, I thought it was going to go. I have no idea how he's going to make Ayumi fall in love with him other than tell her the whole truth about the goddesses.

Nov 21, 2011 3:36 PM

Nov 2008
I think Keima knew he couldn't take a turn when he found out Ayumi was there, that's why he attempted to rape her to gain bad impression. After all we go back to the basic, hate can transform to love. xD

Even so, I feel bad for Chihiro... but I'm pretty sure there will be a big event between her and Keima during the band performance. xD

About Diana/Tenri, her appearance was unexpected though maybe she can help Keima get back on his feet. Tenri might be embarassed at first but I'm sure they will end up having a heart to heart talk in the bath. XDD

Leave the ecchi scenes in your brain. Don't expect anything "good" to happen XD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 21, 2011 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
Diana/Tenri to the rescue. This will get him back on track.
Nov 21, 2011 3:42 PM

Jul 2011
Mizugi!!! :D
Nov 21, 2011 3:47 PM

Sep 2007
Don't liked the end.
I thought to see Keima like that ... was good.
Nov 21, 2011 3:53 PM

Jun 2011
Well at least there was character development.
Nov 21, 2011 4:18 PM

Jun 2009
So i guess Ayumi actually felt that Diana also fallen in love with Keima that she prepared swimsuit? That sounds pretty ridiculous though.
Also it seems like Mercury's like, not caring about a thing only giving Ayumi one sentence long kind of advice. I kind of like it... :D
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 21, 2011 4:31 PM
Mar 2011
Keima will always be a dating BAWS no matter what people will call him,
You'll all see, every women at the end of the series will have their hearts captured by him
Nov 21, 2011 4:50 PM

Oct 2007
now is not the time to be talking about girls that are ACTUALLY in love with him, diana =/
Nov 21, 2011 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
Lol Tenri doesn't know how she end there.
Poor Chihiro.
Nov 21, 2011 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
This chapter felt rather short: barely any dialogue, just Chihiro, Ayumi and even Keima feeling crushed (Keima took it far worse than I expected).
Will Keima continue with his strategy of becoming the Capturing Demon or will he try another focus? It didn't look like he could keep lying for much longer, so we'll see by how he reacts towards Tenri.
Nov 21, 2011 6:10 PM

Feb 2010
this is the first time i saw keima with an really pained look...

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_world_god_only_knows/v18/c167/5.html

this is what I'm talking about, it must be really hard doing what he did to chihiro....
Nov 21, 2011 6:33 PM

May 2011
Wow, look how far this chapter progressed!

Oh well. Slow and steady wins the race I suppose. Nothing really happened. Chihiro goes to sulk, Ayumi talks with the goddess, and the goddess in Tenri wants Keima and that's the reason why she can't sprout wings- OMG, a piece of information that makes this chapter not completely useless or expected. The swimsuit fanservice is a little... out of place. Perhaps there is some sort of explanation.
Nov 21, 2011 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
I kinda feel like saying fuck off Diana/Tenri

obviously they didn't know what was going on or the mood but the timing was really off. err what the hell is she doing just going in his house to begin with?

Keima's words were definitely too harsh, he didn't really feel that way and had guilt a first for him. there's no Elsie/Haqua to help either.

then the timing got worse with Ayumi... I think he just pissed her off. I don't think she even took him seriously.

I'm still curious where this is going but the last few chapters gave a bad taste. I want to see Keima fix things if he can. I don't think he's anticipated a situation like this.
Nov 21, 2011 7:34 PM

Jul 2008
mystik said:

Keima's words were definitely too harsh, he didn't really feel that way and had guilt a first for him. there's no Elsie/Haqua to help either.

Well I may be in the minority but I do think that Keima chosed the best choice.
He does not like Chihiro, you are judging what he said as a reader and not as someone inside the manga. We know that love developement will happen because it is a manga but for a character inside the manga his reaction was probably for the best.
He did not want Chihiro to have a one sided love with him, one sided love is one of the worst thing that can happen to anyone so instead of beating around the brush and giving her hopes about something that will not happen he completely crushed her hopes so that she can get over it and find someone else she likes.

It is not cruel, it is mercy. It look like people are too used to harem manga and do not even consider anymore how cruel it is to not have the one you love to love you, it's far from being as fun as it sometime can look in manga.

In that sense Keima's choice was for the best, it hurt her and that is normal, anything weaker would have left her wanting to try to love him again and would have resulted in yet another pain until she gave up on him.
Nov 21, 2011 7:46 PM

Nov 2007
Everything that could go wrong for Keima went wrong, its no wonder even GOD would feel depressed.
Although I really love Diana/Tenri and her being dere is moe as fuck, I agree....BAD FUCKING TIMING DIANA!!
Nov 21, 2011 8:01 PM

Nov 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:
mystik said:

He does not like Chihiro, you are judging what he said as a reader and not as someone inside the manga. We know that love developement will happen because it is a manga but for a character inside the manga his reaction was probably for the best.
He did not want Chihiro to have a one sided love with him, one sided love is one of the worst thing that can happen to anyone so instead of beating around the brush and giving her hopes about something that will not happen he completely crushed her hopes so that she can get over it and find someone else she likes.

It is not cruel, it is mercy. It look like people are too used to harem manga and do not even consider anymore how cruel it is to not have the one you love to love you, it's far from being as fun as it sometime can look in manga.

In that sense Keima's choice was for the best, it hurt her and that is normal, anything weaker would have left her wanting to try to love him again and would have resulted in yet another pain until she gave up on him.

Quote for so much truth. I tip my hat to you sir.
Nov 21, 2011 8:08 PM

Feb 2011
It's been a while since we've seen Tenri/Diana....let's just hope they settle things quickly as this whole mess has been dragged on for far too long imo.
Nov 21, 2011 11:04 PM

Oct 2011
wow..everyone's crushed. :/
and Diana..tsk2.
and i wonder why katsuragi is that affected..normally, he would just think of a way to bounce back XD i guess he was just as shocked as himself..:)) what's wrong keima?!
Nov 21, 2011 11:28 PM

Mar 2008
Waaaa.... How... when... I don't know what to say. This is... just... I wonder what Keima will do right now? And Diana is sooooo moe...

Also...Swimsuit!?
SaygramNov 21, 2011 11:33 PM

Nov 22, 2011 3:08 AM

Feb 2010
haha last page was priceless^^
Nov 22, 2011 5:04 AM

May 2009
Absolutely crushed. Extreme high to extreme low so quickly for Chihiro. Felt bad for Keima too, but what could he do having picked the wrong girl?
Nice set up there Diana. Swimsuit? Haha. Poor Tenri.
Nov 22, 2011 5:32 AM

Dec 2007
I really hope I'm wrong with this one and the "I love you even though you did not 'conquer' me, therefore it's one true love" flag is not being raised here.

I would be SO [CENSORED] PISSED If they did end with KeimaxChihiro as OTP, especially since they have such an amazing cast of great and lovable characters... Shit, I already think that it's a waste that so many great girls will have to be discarded, but SERIOUSLY? CHIHIRO?!

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Nov 22, 2011 11:26 AM
Mar 2009
Maurox said:
I really hope I'm wrong with this one and the "I love you even though you did not 'conquer' me, therefore it's one true love" flag is not being raised here.

I would be SO [CENSORED] PISSED If they did end with KeimaxChihiro as OTP, especially since they have such an amazing cast of great and lovable characters... Shit, I already think that it's a waste that so many great girls will have to be discarded, but SERIOUSLY? CHIHIRO?!

Chihiro is THE BEST girl in my opinion, and her relation with Keima is the most emotional and realistic one.
I doubt that KeimaxChihiro will be the ending pair, but I really hope it. :)
Nov 22, 2011 12:17 PM

Jun 2010
Ryutai said:
Maurox said:

Chihiro is THE BEST girl in my opinion, and her relation with Keima is the most emotional and realistic one.

The truth has been said, people. Said and quoted.

Also Chihiro's case is also the only one in which:
a) she won't find out the truth by herself like other goddess girls. Sure, she may overhear something or Ayumi and/or Keima and/or Yui and/or Elsie can tell her but I don't really think any of them will. So it's probable she'll remain uninvolved without knowing the truth behind Keima being so cruel to her.

b) she won't have their memories erased either. So no more convenient memory-losses for you, Keima, right when both you and the girl need it the most. The issue will have to get resolved one way or the other.

c) she fell for Keima even without remembering the conquest. I know it may seem a bit cliche way of making her kinda special - but now Keima should actually consider some things he's never before considered. Like the fact that girls can FEEL - not only BE MADE FEEL.

And finally - Chihiro is the only girl that can be used by or even join Vintage. Or the Nikaido&Akari duo, more probably. That's what has to happen. HAS TO HAPPEN!
Nov 22, 2011 7:38 PM
Sep 2010
Diana?? School Swimsuit?? NNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH......

Great Chapter ;)
Nov 25, 2011 1:11 AM

Jan 2011
game8910 said:

Although I really love Diana/Tenri and her being dere is moe as fuck, I agree....BAD FUCKING TIMING DIANA!!

QFT.
Nov 25, 2011 11:00 AM

Jun 2010
For some reason I read Diana's dialogue in Sawashiro Miyuki's voice. :x
Nov 25, 2011 11:04 PM
Mar 2009
Well it's true. You reap what you sow. Keima went into this and now he's fucked up big time.

Chihiro...

And lolwut at Diana. She refuses to love Keima because she would get in the way of Tenri? Look at your other sisters...both the host and the sister love Keima.
Nov 26, 2011 11:43 AM

Jul 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
mystik said:

Ahh, I feel sorry for everyone though. Damn this manga is awesome...
Nov 29, 2011 8:08 AM

Dec 2007
Chihiro is THE BEST girl

Nov 29, 2011 11:48 AM
Mar 2009
@Maurox: In my opinion Chihiro is the best, because her characterization is the most realistic one, and I love her personality.

Being a girl myself, I can relate to her very well. Everyone of us has different points of view, and you shouldn't make fun of people with opinions different from yours... ^^
RyutaiNov 29, 2011 12:08 PM
Nov 29, 2011 1:13 PM

Dec 2007
"the most realistic one"

Oooooh, I see. It's just that you still live with the foolish belief that 3D is better than 2D. We won't understand each other no matter what, because IMO - using Keima's words - "Reality is just a shitty galge!".

This is why The best is definitely not the one that has the most realistic characterization, because - frankly - My opinion is that real women are either boring, slutty or evil. I'll go with Shiori and Haqua, thank you very much.

Nov 29, 2011 2:01 PM
Mar 2009
Maurox said:
"the most realistic one"

Oooooh, I see. It's just that you still live with the foolish belief that 3D is better than 2D. We won't understand each other no matter what, because IMO - using Keima's words - "Reality is just a shitty galge!".

This is why The best is definitely not the one that has the most realistic characterization, because - frankly - My opinion is that real women are either boring, slutty or evil. I'll go with Shiori and Haqua, thank you very much.

Wow, you really hate real women, now I understand why you dislike Chihiro...in fact, she is very human, with all her faults, and I really love imperfect characters like her.

Anyway, you are free to hate both her and 3D women, of course. =_=;
I won't kill myself for this...lol.
RyutaiNov 29, 2011 2:24 PM
Nov 30, 2011 8:00 AM

Dec 2007
No, I dislike Chihiro because she lacks ANYTHING to set her aside from the rest of the cast. Even her charadesign is dull. Other girls have actual characters, some special feature that makes them unique.

Chihiro is unique because she has nothing to make her unique.
Because what? She likes guys. Oh wow, most girls probably like guys. She likes music. And not in the "OK, we're making a band and we're going to ROCK!" way, but rather the "OK, let's do some music, girls. OK. After school. Yeah. Yeah. Bye."... WHY THE HELL SHOULD I LIKE HER? Name one trait of hers that makes her a likable character.

Going for this kind of character (when the manga has been hammering into our heads that reality sucks) is a slap to my face TBH.
I've seen too many Harem RomComs ending with main character choosing the worst possible character out of the bunch, and Kaminomi had so many great characters - I said to my friend once that I'm kinda pissed at the manga because there are so many nice charadesigns and personalities that are wasted because it's obviously impossible to make a harem end here - and out of all those characters (like... what? 20? ) to actually manage to choose YET AGAIN the dullest and the least interesting character...
Sometimes I feel like they are doing this out of spite.

Though I still could be wrong, and I pray to Keima that it is so.

Nov 30, 2011 12:10 PM
Mar 2009
Maurox said:
No, I dislike Chihiro because she lacks ANYTHING to set her aside from the rest of the cast. Even her charadesign is dull. Other girls have actual characters, some special feature that makes them unique.

Chihiro is unique because she has nothing to make her unique.
Because what? She likes guys. Oh wow, most girls probably like guys. She likes music. And not in the "OK, we're making a band and we're going to ROCK!" way, but rather the "OK, let's do some music, girls. OK. After school. Yeah. Yeah. Bye."... WHY THE HELL SHOULD I LIKE HER? Name one trait of hers that makes her a likable character.

Going for this kind of character (when the manga has been hammering into our heads that reality sucks) is a slap to my face TBH.
I've seen too many Harem RomComs ending with main character choosing the worst possible character out of the bunch, and Kaminomi had so many great characters - I said to my friend once that I'm kinda pissed at the manga because there are so many nice charadesigns and personalities that are wasted because it's obviously impossible to make a harem end here - and out of all those characters (like... what? 20? ) to actually manage to choose YET AGAIN the dullest and the least interesting character...
Sometimes I feel like they are doing this out of spite.

Though I still could be wrong, and I pray to Keima that it is so.

So, is a character good just if he/she can be stereotyped in an archetype?
Ayumi the sportive type, Shiori the library girl, Kanon the idol, etc...

Yeah, those girls could be the main heroines in a galge, because they have some prominent qualities that you can find in games heroines.

However Chihiro is special exactly because she can't be stereotyped in that way by Keima, who called her "a mob character" for this reason. But this is also the reason why she's always been the most unpredictable and complicated girl to him. He can't predict her behaviours, and this makes their relation very exciting. In fact, she made Keima very depressed during her first arc, and she made him depressed again now. Her actions have always a strong emotional impact on him.

Despite to be apparently a minor character, just because Keima, according to his game logic, called her like that, she's always been a main character, and her characterization is very rich and interesting.
She thinks that she has not any special skills, so she suffers for this reason.
She lacks of self confidence, so she thought that she could "shine" if she went out with popular guys. Yeah, I understand that attitude can be very unlikable for a male reader, but I'm a girl, and I don't care if a female character is not "pure"...
Anyway, she wasn't happy with that lifestyle, and she didn't really like those guys.
Later, she understood that she must improve herself through her personal efforts, without relying on other persons, even if she hasn't any special skills, like instead Ayumi and Kanon have. So, she created her band.

Her character development has been amazing: she accepted also her feelings for Keima, because even if he is the worst weirdo in the school, she understood that reputation is a stupid thing compared to true love, and she tried to get close to him.

Her relation with Keima is wonderful, because when they are together, he is simply himself...he doesn't wear a mask like he does with Ayumi and other girls.
Yeah, he lies also to Chihiro, but with her, he doesn't change his personality...He doesn't tell her some fake and corny lines like "I'll be your shadow", like he tells Ayumi; with Chihiro, he acts very natural. He is often very romantic with other girls, but not with Chihiro, and I like this. :D I know it, you could think it's weird what I'm saying, but I dislike Keima's corninesses. ^^"

Finally, Chihiro is very cute, in my opinion. I love her tomboysh hairstyle, her funny expressions, her sarcastic smiles, her casual clothes...Her look is very unique to me. But also if she wasn't very pretty, what would be wrong with it? I think it's great that in a shonen manga you can find also normal looking girls, and not only sexy and beautiful types.

I repeat, I'm female and I can relate to Chihiro really well, because I think she is very realistic and complex, behind her apparent "plainness".

She isn't your typical bishojo in harem manga, but she is special exactly for this reason.

Finally, in my opinion this manga's aim isn't the one to show that reality SUCKS. It's really the opposite. Keima is growing up and learning to accept and appreciate reality.
RyutaiNov 30, 2011 12:48 PM
Dec 25, 2011 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
eworm said:
Ryutai said:
Maurox said:

The truth has been said, people. Said and quoted.

Also Chihiro's case is also the only one in which:
a) she won't find out the truth by herself like other goddess girls. Sure, she may overhear something or Ayumi and/or Keima and/or Yui and/or Elsie can tell her but I don't really think any of them will. So it's probable she'll remain uninvolved without knowing the truth behind Keima being so cruel to her.

b) she won't have their memories erased either. So no more convenient memory-losses for you, Keima, right when both you and the girl need it the most. The issue will have to get resolved one way or the other.

c) she fell for Keima even without remembering the conquest. I know it may seem a bit cliche way of making her kinda special - but now Keima should actually consider some things he's never before considered. Like the fact that girls can FEEL - not only BE MADE FEEL.

And finally - Chihiro is the only girl that can be used by or even join Vintage. Or the Nikaido&Akari duo, more probably. That's what has to happen. HAS TO HAPPEN!

My words. My thoughts. Thank you, other me's.

It was awesome though, finally seeing Keima so affected by a real girl. It was surprising.
May 27, 2013 3:47 PM

Aug 2009
AAAaaaaaaaa can't stop reading!

F**k yeah Diana
Sep 18, 2019 9:38 PM

Feb 2017
God that hurt. Everyone loses. );
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Mar 18, 2022 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
Really great chapter when ayumi said "you're the worst" and keima keima said "I really am the worst" those scenes were sad but it was still great in the bath keima looked really sad
Oct 6, 2022 11:50 AM

Aug 2020
Abdul-Ahad-12345 said:
Really great chapter when ayumi said "you're the worst" and keima keima said "I really am the worst" those scenes were sad but it was still great in the bath keima looked really sad

Yeah, and even before he agreed to Ayumi's words about being the worst, he was already speechless when he had arrived at the staircase. He clearly realises what he has done, and is shocked over it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The World God Only Knows Chapter 53 Discussion

Nayah - Jul 4, 2009

27 by YN_ON »»
Apr 21, 6:38 AM

» I'm a bit disappointed.(Spoiler alert!!!!!)

Jaaku_na_Neko - Nov 13, 2023

8 by rycestealer »»
Mar 20, 1:43 AM

Poll: » The World God Only Knows Chapter 1 Discussion

Faust721 - May 18, 2008

28 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 17, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SilentTruth - Apr 18, 2014

332 by bakakisima »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:05 AM

» Similar Manga?

Juto1 - Sep 6, 2023

2 by joji-oueru »»
Sep 6, 2023 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.