Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 16, 2013 9:50 AM
Apr 2008
I can't Uryuu killing all of those kids has already been forgiven and forgotten.
Jul 30, 2013 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode, I most liked the part where Yuno felt the weight change of the tomato and the way she thought of how Rei thinks. (Kind of like the guy in Hannibal - Tv series).
Aug 8, 2013 2:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That made no sense. Why would Minene save them? She could just let them die right there and then.

The mother getting hit with the hammer was nasty. Yuno is not getting into Yuki's pants with that one.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 13, 2013 9:20 AM

Dec 2010
Ok, that was an intense and catching episode. The kid deserved it and it's good that the knife was present in the BD episode. Reisuke got it coming.

But I, too, think that Yuno will be Yukki's doom.
Aug 21, 2013 3:21 PM
Apr 2013
WTF was this episode... felt like I was watching Home Alone. I´m an elite, I´m an elite. got kind of annoying. Other than that pretty nice how he gave her the breath to finish the kid off.
Sep 23, 2013 2:13 AM

Aug 2013
1. how the eff did rei-chan tape all the way up to the top of the window frame?
2. how the eff did he put the table and chair back on top of the trapdoor?
3. where the eff did he aquire poison from?
4. how the eff is the kid so ELITE/PRO?!

one explanation.....too much COD!
Sep 24, 2013 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
I don't understand, why do Yuno and Yuki have to kill each other? As far as I'm concerned neither will want to become Deus Ex Machina, so wouldn't they just... you know... not kill each other?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2013 2:50 AM
Jun 2013
Ok so there's a five year old kid running around trying to kill the shit out of Yuki with poison and shit and his mum gets knocked out with a hammer and then this lilttle kid gets stabbed in his tiny heart with a butcher knife - sounds like my kind of anime, so dark! Was like watching the horror movie child's play, that kid was fucked! BTW i don't undertand why minene saved Yukki and Yuno when she could've eliminated them right then and there and wouldn't the mother come to by the time they awoke?? she must've got knocked the fuck out! 8.2/10.
yungstudOct 4, 2013 2:54 AM
Nov 3, 2013 5:07 AM

Jul 2013
Absolute bull that they censored the knife. It was fair enough when Uryu's eye socket was censored because I do admit I don't really want to see that... but a knife and a flow of blood is nothing to censor. I was a bit disappointed with that.
And this kid's diary has to be by far the worst. It's close to useless if he can't get mail. But he was smart and it's a shame that he left so early.
Genius episode, as usual 5/5
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Nov 3, 2013 7:23 AM

Jul 2009
anime-cat said:
Absolute bull that they censored the knife. It was fair enough when Uryu's eye socket was censored because I do admit I don't really want to see that... but a knife and a flow of blood is nothing to censor.

What was censored? Are you not watching the Blu-Ray version perhaps? Or was it more detailed in the manga?
Nov 3, 2013 8:03 PM

Jul 2013
Mezziaz said:
anime-cat said:
Absolute bull that they censored the knife. It was fair enough when Uryu's eye socket was censored because I do admit I don't really want to see that... but a knife and a flow of blood is nothing to censor.

What was censored? Are you not watching the Blu-Ray version perhaps? Or was it more detailed in the manga?
No I'm not watching the Blu-Ray version, you don't get to buy them where I live. Any wounds are censored because it's the law or something.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Nov 4, 2013 1:10 PM

Jul 2009
anime-cat said:

No I'm not watching the Blu-Ray version, you don't get to buy them where I live. Any wounds are censored because it's the law or something.

Ah I see you're Australian, I'm familiar with their censorship laws... tough luck. :/
Nov 12, 2013 2:33 PM
Oct 2013
Kind of torn about this episode.

One the one hand it was pretty sweet from an action stand-point, however on the other hand I REALLY hated that kid, like REALLY.
I've always hated "superbabies" and while he's not a toddler I really have to ask how in the living hell a 10 year old child (or whatever) can not only be such a psychotic killer but also gains somehow access to multiple poison weapons and is able to use them like a great assassin or manipulate his enviroment and can create traps that make Light Yagami proud.
And then he plays all innocent and cute, it's disgusting.

I am suprised though that he actually died, since he was a child, it is statisfiying to know this annoying character will not turn up again (at least I hope so).
However I'm a bit disappointed that it seems like Diary Holders disappear regardless of how they die, I thought they only do if their diary is destroyed.
Now I have to question if they really die at all and aren't simply transported somewhere else for the time being.
Nov 22, 2013 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
Another great episode imo 5/5

I agree with the others with the censoring of the knife ruining the scene a bit, but at least it wasn't too distracting. It's better than the western style censorship with the black lines.

Got to get my hands on the BD for the raw footage >.<
Dec 16, 2013 2:54 PM

Sep 2012
What an amazing episode but I wonder what happened after that? Guess I'll find out right now.
Jan 10, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
"I'm not an elite. I just love Yukkii." made me aww <3
AileenWuornosJan 11, 2014 10:03 AM
no
Jan 12, 2014 7:56 AM

Jun 2013
Woah man what an episode! The little kid reminded me of Chucky for some reason, with a little mix of Home Alone of course. He did deserve to die though, the kid was just an evil seed.
Jan 18, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2014
redmoth11Jan 18, 2014 7:21 PM
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 11, 2014 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Nice ep. The epilogue was the best. Mur Mur stealing saucer from Deus. Also Yuno was able to detect a milligrams weight change of a tiny tomato, what the hell is she?
Also, first time it was said what was on everyone's mind. If at the end only two of them are left, what happens then?
And all of the characters keep on saving each other even if they know it's futile. Fifths diary was the weakest diary indeed. Also they censor knife but leave out nudity wtf.
Feb 22, 2014 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode as always! I really don't know why i love Yuno so much, i mean she is totally crazy but when shes not in Yandere mode shes such a cute sweetheart and her love for Yukki is admirable! Anyway i can't wait to see more! :)
Mar 30, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
FUCK YUNO, her yandere personality is so fucking boring, and it's fucking annoying. I was all for Yukkii hating Yuno for hitting his mother, but fuck, sigh, and he had to console her after that? -.- The characters in this series annoy me a lot. How can people actually like Yuno? Every "Yukkii" from her mouth annoys me. What the hell is with the kiss? -.- So, why didn't Ninth kill both the First and Second?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 13, 2014 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
FUCK YUNO, her yandere personality is so fucking boring, and it's fucking annoying. I was all for Yukkii hating Yuno for hitting his mother, but fuck, sigh, and he had to console her after that? -.- The characters in this series annoy me a lot. How can people actually like Yuno? Every "Yukkii" from her mouth annoys me. What the hell is with the kiss? -.- So, why didn't Ninth kill both the First and Second?

Im pretty sure you figured out all those questions right about now, since most people ask for stuff while they haven't finished the anime at all.

But since the kiss wasn't truly explained: she lives for him, so what would make her will to save yuuki stronger than him saving and kissing her? a bit of superpower concept i admit, but still effective when a person is so mentally unstable, but yet still relays on a single person
May 25, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
Why the hell didn't Ninth kill First and Second? A couple episode ago, she tried killing them both, hell she blew up a school to accomplish that. So what changed? Someone explain
Jun 3, 2014 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
Goatee said:
This show keeps suprising me. Fantastic epsiode.

Yuss
Jun 6, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2007
I really liked the kid's design.
Another entertaining episode for sure.

Jun 30, 2014 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
Rei played fair and square, these competitors just won't let me stop feeling sorry for them.

But why did Minene saved Yukki , who also happens to be the guy that punctured her left eye? lool

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 22, 2014 6:26 AM

Jan 2014
That frigging brat. Awgh -.-
Jul 22, 2014 10:03 PM

May 2014
There's character development, I can see Yukiteru actually improving. He's slowly standing up for himself and Yuno, slowly but surely. 9th and the fourth are working together???

It's a good episode 5/5
Jul 25, 2014 12:28 AM

Aug 2013
Why didn't 9th kill Yuki and Yuno? It doesn't make sense O__o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 21, 2014 1:40 AM
Feb 2013
vhynz said:
Rei played fair and square, these competitors just won't let me stop feeling sorry for them.

But why did Minene saved Yukki , who also happens to be the guy that punctured her left eye? lool

xchee said:
Why didn't 9th kill Yuki and Yuno? It doesn't make sense O__o

I think she started to develop feelings of admiration towards her.
Probably she doesn't want to beat her in that stupid way.
I don't actually remember her reason to become a god(if she does have one) but in this kind of matters she's completely different from Sixth.
Sep 18, 2014 11:40 PM

Oct 2013
When the hell is the series gonna get around to explaining the... skeletons in Yuno's closet that apparently changed everybody's future and impressed Deus Ex Machina for some shitty reason that wasn't remotely explained because lol cliffhanger ending that isn't elaborated on for several episodes now?

Cool episode, liking this series, but damn does it test one's suspension of disbelief.

Also, it seems like all of the contestants are going to die early. Still 19 episodes left and I think a third of the contestants are dead. Wondering how the series is going to be fleshed out.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 22, 2014 3:44 AM
Mar 2014
Dang, that little kid was cray. Wonder how they'll explain the whole cracked skull thing to his mum.

Also, I'm worried what will happen to Yuno when it's just her and Yuki. Suicide? or does she go craaaaaazy (not that she isn't already). It seems to be hinting that she'll turn onYuki, but then she seems to genuinely like him in a stalkery kind of way.

If only they just got married and lived out their normal lives. Then decided who died first when they were 80 or something.
Nov 27, 2014 9:05 PM
Dec 14, 2014 3:49 PM
Jul 2014
Is none of the awesome Reisuke-themed music in this episode NOT on the OSTs?

What a great episode. When looking at Reisuke's diary though, I can't see how he ever stood a chance. Once he's revealed, it's basically over for him.
Feb 15, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
Episode pathetic, I could not think what it was painful narration, which stages a silly story, but really could not understand where was the diary of 5th?
To say nothing of what comes after, kill him to end the game?
What nonsense, you could stop without shedding a drop of blood; ridiculous the two protagonists.
Feb 15, 2015 8:25 AM

Dec 2014
5/5 yuuukkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Feb 23, 2015 11:37 PM

Sep 2014
Oh shit, that kid got DENIED.

Interesting to see that 9th didn't kill the two, but gives 1st advice instead.

I hope the mom is okay. Shouldn't they have taken her to a hospital?
Apr 11, 2015 12:56 PM

Feb 2015
I didnt want the kid to die but I guess that was expected.

I'm not sure what the heck Yuno did to find the kid's diary though...
May 9, 2015 7:05 AM
Feb 2015
That little kid is pretty smart but he end up dying. Well now I wonder what yuki's mom will be thinking... Her house is trashed and the boy is now missing...
We get a little bit of fan service but I didn't get to see anything besides the kids sausage...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 31, 2015 9:32 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
7 episodes in and it finally managed to spark my interest. Hopefully the show can keep it up.
Aug 7, 2015 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
This episode was funny and I enjoyed it because they both almost died :P
I wonder why Minene did not kill both of them :/ and why Kurusu is testing her?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 8, 2015 5:14 AM

Feb 2013
I'm assuming the reason Minene didn't kill them was because of Kurusu, It seems like he might have some kinda hold over her. Either that or they're just more useful to her alive then dead atm.

But yeah, glad the kids gone honestly, he was getting really damn annoying. I'm also glad they actually killed him off, I thought the show would pussy out and have him become *good* or something just because its a kid.
Aug 15, 2015 5:41 PM
Jan 2015
that was pure luck
Dec 16, 2015 7:46 AM

Nov 2015
Yuno looks so innocent while striking Yukii's mom with a hammer. Rei was killed off so quickly. I'm not liking how the story introduces a diary user then proceeds to kill them off right away.
Jan 10, 2016 4:26 PM

Jun 2015
I'm not really sure what happened near the end.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jan 17, 2016 4:06 PM

Sep 2007
This is why I'll never have kids.

Jan 24, 2016 4:05 PM

Apr 2009
This is so unrealistic.
Feb 15, 2016 10:08 PM

Jul 2013
It's sad if anyone takes this series still seriously after this. It can be still entertaining but there's so many unplausible shit happening on that as a serious work it does not work.

It's already bullshit that the five year kid is able to think so "maturely" but even if you let that somehow slide you still have to ask how the fuck did the kid have the strength to pull the mom away from the house.

Maybe it would have been possible with some kind of contraption but there was no time for that.

But it's not like that was the most retarded thing about the battle.
Feb 20, 2016 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
This.... just gets stupider by each episode... There must be some redeeming quality, right? Right? Aside from Yuno being ultra yandere and some funny moments, this just seems like some kind of bad comedy relying on creepy/disturbing things (blood, rape, kids who think like adults and have murderous intentions).
Feb 20, 2016 9:16 PM

Jul 2013
RazielZero said:
This.... just gets stupider by each episode... There must be some redeeming quality, right? Right? Aside from Yuno being ultra yandere and some funny moments, this just seems like some kind of bad comedy relying on creepy/disturbing things (blood, rape, kids who think like adults and have murderous intentions).

If the stupidity so far has made your head just hurt then just drop the series. If you are not laughing at the stupidity of the show or don't enjoy watching Yuno then you will just hate yourself for continuing.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Apr 22

23 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Today, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

364 by Konyalianimekizi »»
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.