MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 8 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hunter x Hunter (2011) »» Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 8 Discussion

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 8 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

93 67.88%
4 out of 5: Liked it

33 24.09%
3 out of 5: It was OK

9 6.57%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.73%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.73%
Voters: 137

11-19-11, 8:56 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, Tonpa is dragging them down.
Plus, I can't wait to see if Killua decides to fight... consider what he did to those poor guys last episode.

11-19-11, 9:00 PM

Ah, this episode was TOO short!!

I want to see the next fight SO badly! Tonpa's so stupid.. But I think he'll come around by sometime in the series.

5/5 - LOVE HUNTER x HUNTER!
Takeuchi said:
We never did anything wrong. Just...time has passed and changed it all. Promises to tears. Vows to wounds. A dear person...into a wonderful memory inside the eternity.

11-19-11, 9:24 PM

Killua better decide to fight, he's the whole reason I'm watching this show.

11-19-11, 9:39 PM

Why would Killua not fight? x)

11-19-11, 10:03 PM

Not much really to say, Trick Tower is still cool. I have a question though, the guy with the scars on his face who was standing behind Lippo, wasn't he an examinee in the original and not a part of Lippo's staff in Trick Tower?

11-19-11, 10:09 PM

I am really loving this show. Hate Tonpa like everyone else.

11-19-11, 10:10 PM

Cool episodes :) I loved their fighting effect~ It was cool that they didn't sensor the climber being eaten instead of carried of by those ugly birds. Tompa was annoying as hell. I can't wait for Killua's fight XD
It's too bad i will have to wait a whole week for this again!! The episode did felt too short~

11-19-11, 10:31 PM

@_@ Too much Tompa.

11-19-11, 10:35 PM

Personally, I found this episode horrible. They stalled out way too much, which is a first for HxH 2011.

Well, as long as they don't censor Killua's match next episode I won't care... unless they take another episode to get to his fight.

11-19-11, 10:55 PM

The pace so far has pretty much been 2 chapters per episode, same with this episode.

11-19-11, 11:04 PM

rondo56 said:
The pace so far has pretty much been 2 chapters per episode, same with this episode.

TBH, I don't remember the pacing from the Manga at all so this episode felt very slow.

11-19-11, 11:39 PM

fearthebeard85 said:
Not much really to say, Trick Tower is still cool. I have a question though, the guy with the scars on his face who was standing behind Lippo, wasn't he an examinee in the original and not a part of Lippo's staff in Trick Tower?

Actually in the manga he was an examiner for last year's exam
the one hisoka almost killed and got disqualified because of him
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

11-20-11, 12:26 AM

x5exotic said:

I can't believe I missed that every single time, I've read the manga and watched the original many times and never caught that. This is just pathetic

11-20-11, 12:26 AM

Man Next Week Kurapika vs Majitani!! also this exam will take at least 3 more episodes
then my favorite exam begins!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

11-20-11, 1:26 AM

fearthebeard85 said:
x5exotic said:

I can't believe I missed that every single time, I've read the manga and watched the original many times and never caught that. This is just pathetic

I've actually missed that one too. Now I understand the whole point of his revenge...

Randomly looking for high compatibility with other people. Click and see if you have high compatibility and leave a comment in my profile.
It'll make my day. :)

11-20-11, 2:01 AM

The end confirms that the 2 on the ship died (or well, dropped out at least).

I was expecting them to go a little further this episode, but they covered everything well, so no complaints really.

11-20-11, 2:01 AM

This episode felt soo short.
Life takes on a neat simplicity. Time ceases to have any meaning. When it is dark, you go to bed, and when it is light again you get up, and everything in between is just in between. It’s quite wonderful, really.

11-20-11, 2:31 AM

skyjlv said:

I've actually missed that one too. Now I understand the whole point of his revenge...

I think he is a Manipulator
sure even normal people can use knives like boomerangs but i think nen is needed to to be that good at it
Hisoka after all is so it could be a battle of that sort but not shown to the viewers

11-20-11, 3:57 AM

skyjlv said:
fearthebeard85 said:
x5exotic said:

Anyways looks like the pacing has slowed down. This episode was probably just as boring as episode 1 was but it's good to slow down the pace a little. I like how in the old one they all jumped down in like slow motion and synchronized doing it. Looks like Tonpa tried to screw them over but he made the right decision because that would have been worse for them. I want to see Killua's fight but I don't think that'll be next episode. Gon and Kurapica will be next episode and
Can't wait till the next episode when stuff actually happens.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"

11-20-11, 7:38 AM

Gon is screaming I'm a cute innocent shota boy. Tonpa is very punchable as always just like in the old days.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices