Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 19, 2011 11:07 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Momoyo vs Takse ended in a draw of sorts and poor Yamato being blown up by Takse's wayward missile, I was thinking Momoyo would die because she couldn't heal herself at the end, Yamato needed to stay down. The episode was switching from the battle which was epic to the flashbacks with Momoyo being shown blueprints for the cybernetic armor that she was wearing during the battle.

5/5

Nov 19, 2011 9:20 PM
Jun 2008
nice battle. lol that automail .
Nov 19, 2011 9:45 PM

Jul 2011
Wonder how they'll slaughter this episode :p
Nov 20, 2011 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
No Miyako beginning, so it was a bad episode. ;)

Impressive how Yamato knows the exact movement patterns for any type of breasts...

I did not really understand the part where Ageha-san explains about the weapons... Might be an error in the subtitles, but...
"We would develop and supply a weapon that respects soldier's lifes, so they can fulfill their duty with pride."?? That sounds so questionable that I can't keep myself from commenting it...
And even putting aside personal opinions on that matter... What exactly does she intend to do??? Were my subs that bad or did it really not make any sense what she explained? Wouldn't it be sufficient to just make weapons that actually WORK?

Thumbs up for kissing the opponent while dodging her attack. xDDD

Nice how Momoyo isn't getting but scratches from feing shot at with a gun... How convenient. xD
Nov 20, 2011 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
I lol'ed at the way Yamato figured out what they thought was a weak spot. =P
But now Yamato's injured! The drama at the end was a little sudden and forced though.

Nov 20, 2011 12:38 PM

Aug 2010
I really like this show but I don't think Momoyo makes a good main character. Yamato and the rest of the girls are far more interesting.
Nov 20, 2011 12:38 PM

Sep 2009
@animehobbit

Subs are totally clear. Ageha planned to develop a cybernetic proteases which could give soldiers, badly injured during missions(to the stay of disability of with life-threating wounds) an opportunity to continue their duty.
Nov 20, 2011 1:02 PM

Aug 2010
well damn,instant recovery, how convenient is that.

I knew something was gonna happen to Yamato, but i didn't expect him to get hit with a freaking missile x_x
Nov 20, 2011 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
I loved the music playing at the end of the episode and the final blow on Yamato was amazing.
Damn I need the next episode right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2011 2:35 PM

Nov 2008
I guess that this is as much as we can expect from this anime's plot, which is not that bad.

It doesn't seem like this will be 12 episodes, unless they are going to pack everything in the remaining 4 or so.
Nov 20, 2011 3:20 PM

Nov 2008
nothing like making MayuMayu not look like one of the 4 Devas and making her look at Wanko's level.. and Momo 'drawing' with a cyborg? Why do I feel like im watching filler to promote the new VN -_-" massive digressions especially with Mayuchhi as she is easily in the top 3 with Momoyo in power

Also to the question of a 12 episode series to my knowledge it is 12 episodes with the final episode airing on 12-17-2011
sirwenceNov 20, 2011 4:30 PM
Nov 20, 2011 8:20 PM

Jan 2010
Yay! What's next? Amnesia? Coma?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2011 8:24 PM

Jan 2010
Wow did this suck. I've never seen such a boring fight. (Maybe I have but my brain is so numb after watching this that I can't think of any.) There had to be three or four cutaways, flashbacks, and mid-fight breaks for status reports. And in addition to being tedious, the fight was childish. This was such an appalling episode that I can't even remember what I liked about the series beforehand. Ah, I remember at least one character that I liked… Mayucchi. And she had about ten seconds of screen time, maybe four lines, and no service of any sort -- not even a single stammer. Not saying this was a great series before this episode, but it was mostly fun. This is a contender for worst episode of the season.
Nov 20, 2011 11:03 PM

Mar 2008
sirwence said:
nothing like making MayuMayu not look like one of the 4 Devas and making her look at Wanko's level.. and Momo 'drawing' with a cyborg? Why do I feel like im watching filler to promote the new VN -_-" massive digressions especially with Mayuchhi as she is easily in the top 3 with Momoyo in power

Also to the question of a 12 episode series to my knowledge it is 12 episodes with the final episode airing on 12-17-2011

YES I KNOW RIGHT?

But that doesn't matter. Mayucchi is still my number one~

Nov 20, 2011 11:19 PM

Nov 2008
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
sirwence said:

YES I KNOW RIGHT?

But that doesn't matter. Mayucchi is still my number one~

Glad to see im not alone.. if anything she should be ranked in power at least #3 (Most agree she is strong then Ageha and She is one of the 4 Devas so ya) And shes so good at hiding her aura that only Momoyo was able to pick up one was even there .. just not how strong it was.
Nov 21, 2011 12:03 PM
Jan 2011
Now this is serious, but Yamato is still stupid.
Nov 21, 2011 12:22 PM

Jun 2010
They actually can do an episode like this??? They should have done it sooner so the people wont drop it -_-
Nov 21, 2011 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
sirwence said:
Glad to see im not alone.. if anything she should be ranked in power at least #3 (Most agree she is strong then Ageha and She is one of the 4 Devas so ya)

During the fight between Momoyo and Mayucchi/Ageha/Otome we could clearly see that Ageha is better than Mayucchi, she has more experience. Making her the 4th of the group, but it's not like she's weak and she should have resisted longer against Tachibana-cyborg.

By the way, am I the only one who think that it was a terrible idea from Lerche to kill a character from an other franchise and transform her into a cyborg?
For those who don't know this character is from the visual novel Tsuyokiss here's a picture with the old Big Four.

And about this episode, it was bad.
Nov 21, 2011 5:56 PM

Mar 2008
Araya said:
sirwence said:
Glad to see im not alone.. if anything she should be ranked in power at least #3 (Most agree she is strong then Ageha and She is one of the 4 Devas so ya)

During the fight between Momoyo and Mayucchi/Ageha/Otome we could clearly see that Ageha is better than Mayucchi, she has more experience. Making her the 4th of the group, but it's not like she's weak and she should have resisted longer against Tachibana-cyborg.

By the way, am I the only one who think that it was a terrible idea from Lerche to kill a character from an other franchise and transform her into a cyborg?
For those who don't know this character is from the visual novel Tsuyokiss here's a picture with the old Big Four.

I haven't played Momoyo route in the game so I have no idea how the Kawakami War played out in the game (so I can't really rank the big 4 besides knowing Momoyo is the strongest.). But in Mayucchi's route it is clear she is quite a lot more powerful than what was shown during the Big Four Battle during the Kawakami War in the anime. I just didn't like how they made Mayucchi as weak as Chris and Wanko while still saying she is part of the big four. Imo that's kind of inconsistent.

Nov 21, 2011 7:53 PM
Oct 2011
Araya said:
sirwence said:

Wrong. Mayucci not fought with all his power in this fight. Proof of this is her fight with the murderer of his father in her route in the VN. Only there she uses all his power and Momoyo which is one of the judges participating in the tournament is amazed. But when she was going to use his moves the fight is stopped.

Mayucchi is on the same level as Ageha, who knows above.
Nov 22, 2011 4:05 AM

May 2010
The fighting is solid but I just don't like the whole cyborg is like so cheesey !!
Nov 22, 2011 4:17 AM

Aug 2009
YEX said:
The fighting is solid but I just don't like the whole cyborg is like so cheesey !!

Everything in this show has been cheesy. I'm surprised I'm still watching it.
Nov 22, 2011 8:19 AM
Dec 2007
Thanos_ said:
Araya said:
sirwence said:

Wrong. Mayucci not fought with all his power in this fight. Proof of this is her fight with the murderer of his father in her route in the VN. Only there she uses all his power and Momoyo which is one of the judges participating in the tournament is amazed. But when she was going to use his moves the fight is stopped.

Mayucchi is on the same level as Ageha, who knows above.
Momoyo says she's still inexperienced, but on the overall amount of potential and skill, I think she's close to Momoyo's level. Enough to actually make Momoyo excited and cautious. Plus she's not haughty like Momoyo or Ageha and can fight both armed and unarmed. She's actually severely overpowered when going all out. So yes, the anime has severely underplayed her abilities. Even when holding back she always used enough power for the situation at hand.
Leon-GunNov 22, 2011 8:22 AM

Nov 22, 2011 10:05 AM
Nov 2010
Araya said:
sirwence said:

She didn't died.. you should watch ep 8 and 1 again.. and here name in the anime is Takae Tachibana and not Serebu Tachibana..
Nov 22, 2011 11:10 AM

Jun 2008
My bad she was only supposed to be dead, and they changed the background of Majikoi, ok that's not a terrible idea then just a bad one.

Leon-Gun said:
So yes, the anime has severely underplayed her abilities. Even when holding back she always used enough power for the situation at hand.

And I agree with that, I wasn't with the top 3 especially when we don't know that much about a full potential Ageha and Tsubame (better comparison than Otome). But then again it's been a while since I played Mayucchi route. Will replay everything once the full patch will be released.
Nov 22, 2011 4:08 PM

May 2011
prismheart said:
I really like this show but I don't think Momoyo makes a good main character. Yamato and the rest of the girls are far more interesting.
I agree. Momoyo is the one of the few things that is starting to make me dislike this, though I do love the rest of the girls.

Well that was a pretty cool fight scene, didn't expect him to get hit by a missile tho wow. This is startin to get srs business.
Nov 22, 2011 11:45 PM

Jan 2009
momoyo is rly boring (:|
Nov 22, 2011 11:53 PM

Jul 2010
Lot more serious tone this episode and Yamato becoming a casualty in the fight, although Yamato seemed to have just stood looking at the missile. The kiss on the ear was pretty damn funny though.
Nov 23, 2011 12:23 AM

Mar 2008
ZeroZx said:
prismheart said:
I agree. Momoyo is the one of the few things that is starting to make me dislike this, though I do love the rest of the girls.

Well that was a pretty cool fight scene, didn't expect him to get hit by a missile tho wow. This is startin to get srs business.

I want a Mayucchi spin-off. It'll be called: "The Adventures of Mayucchi and Matsukaze with some Yamato."

Nov 23, 2011 1:20 AM

Dec 2007
YEX said:

I, don't think cheesy is the word you're looking for. Maybe unrealistic, or even lame.

Anyway, I'm kinda shocked that this is what the KimiAru universe looks like, but at least it makes sense now why so many of the characters from that were DBZ characters.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Nov 23, 2011 10:35 AM
Dec 2007
SageShinigami said:
YEX said:

I, don't think cheesy is the word you're looking for. Maybe unrealistic, or even lame.

Anyway, I'm kinda shocked that this is what the KimiAru universe looks like, but at least it makes sense now why so many of the characters from that were DBZ characters.
Maji shares characters with Tsuyokiss too, and technically Majikoi was over the top but the anime is not just over the top, it's cheesy and the fanservice is on a different level. The original game kept most ero to the very end and the after stories while the main game was actually relatively tame and funny.

Nov 23, 2011 4:39 PM

Mar 2009
Action and possible plot? I must have watched the wrong anime this week.
I was going to drop this but I guess I will see where it goes.
Nov 23, 2011 11:23 PM
Jul 2018
Simply oustanding how serious things got all of the sudden.

Will definitely wait for the 9th episode.

Overall, the fight was enjoyable and awesome.
Nov 24, 2011 12:45 PM

Sep 2009
Why did she use instant recovery for every scratch? o.o
Nov 25, 2011 1:07 AM

Dec 2008
shinki7 said:
Why did she use instant recovery for every scratch? o.o

Same reason why you keep potting in RPGs just in case.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Nov 25, 2011 12:56 PM

Jan 2010
-MgZ_ said:
They actually can do an episode like this??? They should have done it sooner so the people wont drop it -_-

you're right...
Nov 28, 2011 10:35 AM
Dec 2007
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
Araya said:
sirwence said:

I haven't played Momoyo route in the game so I have no idea how the Kawakami War played out in the game (so I can't really rank the big 4 besides knowing Momoyo is the strongest.). But in Mayucchi's route it is clear she is quite a lot more powerful than what was shown during the Big Four Battle during the Kawakami War in the anime. I just didn't like how they made Mayucchi as weak as Chris and Wanko while still saying she is part of the big four. Imo that's kind of inconsistent.
I replayed the Momoyo route just the other day so I guess I'll answer this now. In her route both Mayucchi and Ageha display most of their strength although Mayucchi clearly could have done better, a fact which Ageha chalks to less experience. In the whole fight only Otome can truly match Momoyo one on one so I'd say the ranking goes Momoyo -> Otome -> Ageha -> Yukie with the potential of Yukie being as strong as Ageha. Otome however pretty much didn't sweat so it's clear she was the stronger one of the three allied fighters. I'd assume we will see more in Majikoi S.

Leon-GunNov 28, 2011 10:45 AM

Nov 28, 2011 10:11 PM

May 2010
I don't care how she had instant recovery, if even one bullet went through her head, she couldn't had "instant recovery"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 30, 2011 1:43 PM
Dec 2007
Confucius said:
I don't care how she had instant recovery, if even one bullet went through her head, she couldn't had "instant recovery"
Expecting realism in an over the top anime now? Momoyo can shoot energy beams and even jump from one town to another, I wouldn't bat an eye if she can harden her aura enough to reflect bullets (let alone the fact she can just catch the bullets).

Dec 3, 2011 8:34 PM

Nov 2007
eh I really don't like the cyborg stuff, it the anime is original stuff it was better off as mostly comedy.

Shakadou would have been a more interesting villain.
Dec 14, 2011 4:24 AM

Jul 2009
Lol they always have to insert perversion somewhere, but seriously instant recovery, and I wonder if there is any draw backs. If not, then momo is OP
Dec 14, 2011 5:05 AM

May 2010
Even if momoyo is realizing her love for yamato but I still think that miyako should up with yamato.She likes him the most.
Dec 30, 2011 1:00 AM

Dec 2010
wow okay...all episodes so far i kind of gave up on the logic of fighting in this anime but now I can't ignore it anymore...LOL at the fight.

Mech arms, flying, guns, missiles, swords, magic, dunno what this show will come up with next. I don't think the combat craziness of this show was even explained at all.
Oct 2, 2013 3:58 AM

Nov 2012
the fight scene is okay :3
and damn poor yamato :3
Apr 10, 2014 4:59 PM

Jan 2011
She should just change clothes. After the initial damage, they stayed the same. More clothes that can't get pierced = less wounds. If Momoyo would show up in thick winter clothes, Tachibana would throw over a table in frustation over not being able to do anything.
Jul 30, 2014 6:53 AM

Sep 2013
He's going to be fine duh.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 10, 2014 6:03 PM

Aug 2013
This series does not work for me when it's trying to be serious. It had a shot of being semi serious (which I think would have been absolutely fantastic) with a good show up in episode 1 and they gave that up with the next 2-3 episodes, now, trying to go back, it just falls flat for me.
Mar 13, 2015 4:48 PM
Dec 2013
Cool episode, but really Yamato needs to learn when to back off. Or else he will just end as dead weight.
Jan 20, 2016 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
Hmph that serious tone doesn't fight this show very well, they should just focus on Miyako. She's hilarious ^^
May 16, 2017 5:31 AM

Jul 2016
All of that scene switching confused me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 10 Discussion

cleeezzz - Dec 4, 2011

46 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 14, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Flipside101 - Oct 30, 2011

60 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 14, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Rayyy - Dec 17, 2011

113 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Oct 20, 2023 12:29 PM

Poll: » Who is the best girl in this anime?

TragicRomance - Dec 16, 2011

33 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Oct 19, 2023 12:23 PM

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 11 Discussion

are595 - Dec 11, 2011

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Oct 19, 2023 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.