Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2011 7:56 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
Most of that has to do with the way Nasu's mind works. And the fac tthat he tends to make up most of interview answers on spot.As long as one doe snot pay too much attention to his interviews and looks only at the works themselves, one can make sense of most of it.
I don't generally consider authors who adds additional concepts and setting in private/public interview is a good one...^^;;

Nasu obviously can't explain a lot of things that occurs in his world, so he just have to add more excuses for the exceptions. Urobuchi had to make Fate/Zero out of that universe with full of plot hole, and he did it pretty them good. Everything has relationship and proper connection, regardless of how much flaw that the setting of Fate universe has.

Monad said:
Ah! I see. So it's not just the luck of explanations that makes things a mess? Things are generally messed up?
Sadly it is. The stem of Nasuverse itself has tons of holes and unexplained masses. Since Urobuchi can't change those concepts, the exact flaws of Nasuverse are still within this series. However, at least the plot of the story itself is really well made, so it's just all about accepting some stuffs as it is.

Ah, and some of flaws from this series also comes from the fact that it cannot really employ fuckin every single descriptions that were on Novel. A lot of thought process of Kiritsugu was cut. Unlike Nasu, Urobuchi actually elaborates on explaining possibilities that could've happen in the situation. For instance, in novel, when Lancer comes to save Malfoy Kayneth and says about Saber's knight whatever thing, Kiritsugu sighs that Saber was careless since Kayneth can easily use commend spells to kill Kiritsugu with Lancer. That really adds more depth between the relationship between Kiritsugu and Saber.
ringoo4Nov 20, 2011 8:04 PM
Nov 20, 2011 9:55 PM

Jun 2011
scytheboy13 said:
OMG!!! F/Z is ranked 15!!!

Any more people keeping on visiting top anime page?
That shit hasn't been updated for nearly 3 months,and it's finally online again.
Nov 21, 2011 1:13 AM

Jul 2007
Very much loving Lancers character in this series than the previous, much more development.
Nov 21, 2011 1:32 AM
Dec 2007
Almost perfect battle episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 21, 2011 2:43 AM

Feb 2010
scytheboy13 said:
OMG!!! F/Z is ranked 15!!!

Really well-earned. I bet that the second season of the show will make it's way to the top 10, as it contains the best parts of the novel.
Nov 21, 2011 3:48 AM
Dec 2007
I think some people here have the wrong idea about Reinforcement Magic. Reinforcement Magic wouldn't jjust make a person stronger, it would make them faster as well. Particularly strong Reinforcement, especially on the level of the sorcery from the Age of Gods, is capable of giving a human the strength of the highest levels of spiritual spirits. Pair that to element of surprise and assassination techniques and you don't have to strain your brain. Really, you can't even say the novel didn't tell you as it did (and it showed you an example in the prologue to boot). It's not the writer's fault of the reader cant remember or can't connect the dots.

Leon-GunNov 21, 2011 3:58 AM

Nov 21, 2011 5:12 AM

Feb 2009
Fucking eyegasmic episode!

Kirei was brutal and ruthless, what a character!

Caster's voice sent chills down my spine, fucking psycho.

Saber and Lancer's relationship as fellow knights and enemies is being spectacularly developed.

A glimpse of Kiritsugsu's past was revealed and it was intriguing as hell, who is that woman?

I have no doubt saying this was the best episode this season so far. For me it doesn't getter much better than this.
Nov 21, 2011 5:17 AM
May 2010
Fate/Zero gives me all of these weird feelings. For srs.

That aside, I'm kind of sad that the Mystic Codes weren't elaborated on much. And I am not entirely sure but... was the blue-haired woman Touko Aozaki? owo I wish they used her Kara no Kyoukai design instead... but whatever.
Nov 21, 2011 5:46 AM
Dec 2007
are-kusu said:
Fate/Zero gives me all of these weird feelings. For srs.

That aside, I'm kind of sad that the Mystic Codes weren't elaborated on much. And I am not entirely sure but... was the blue-haired woman Touko Aozaki? owo I wish they used her Kara no Kyoukai design instead... but whatever.
No, it's Kiritsugu's mentor, Natalia Kaminski. And they don't really need to explain Mystic Codes much since they're basically everything magi use as magical amplifiers or weapons, from Tohsaka Rin's jewels to a Heroic Spirit's Noble Phantasm. As long as the weapon or item is magical by nature and needs prana to activate it's considered a Mystic Code.

Nov 21, 2011 6:44 AM

Jun 2009
A great episode YET AGAIN! This anime does not fail to amaze me anew with every single episode. 5+/5 material so far.
Wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 21, 2011 8:06 AM

Nov 2009
O_o

this is much much much better than night

I loved how saber let lancer rescue his master ! she is truly a noble and fantastic character

Irisvel .. much better than her daughter XD

kiritsugu .. wow .. his techniques were expertly done and perfectly planned .. well that's to be expected from him

I felt sorry for kayneth ! I felt that his pride was hit with the second shot and caused him more pain than the wound itself
Nov 21, 2011 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
I hated Kirei before but now I despise him! The scene with him stabbing poor Iri reminded me a certain scene in UBW movie where certain someone
It was awesome episode anyway. Too bad that Kayneth survived.
Nov 21, 2011 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
kayneth will wish he wouldn't survive this ... also yay for the new ost
Nov 21, 2011 10:44 AM

Aug 2011
hussien-11 said:
O_o

I loved how saber let lancer rescue his master ! she is truly a noble and fantastic character

kiritsugu .. wow .. his techniques were expertly done and perfectly planned .. well that's to be expected from him

I felt sorry for kayneth ! I felt that his pride was hit with the second shot and caused him more pain than the wound itself

Of course, you can't compare Night and Zero.
Zero is by far better, hands down!
Nov 21, 2011 3:50 PM
Jul 2007
I thought this was probably the worst episode so far, but still good. The whole episode was going back and forth way too much. The epicness is much more effective if it's given time to build up in one scene instead of switching scenes over and over. I am hoping this would be remedied if certain deleted scenes are added in the blu-ray. I also don't get why Maiya is just sitting there doing NOTHING when he gets off the tree... and I read somewhere that she was struggling to get up during that time in the novel, so it seems kind of dumb to just have her staring in the anime. Also, there was a slight drop in quality in certain scenes, which you probably only notice watching the 720p version on a big screen. It was most noticeable in facial expressions of Caster. If you compare it to ep 7 to ep 8, ep 7 had way more key frames(?) and the characters had way better lighting. Also Kotomine's face had the same problem during the Iri fight. Their faces just looked pretty dull compared to how they usually look like during any action scene so far. This is probably the point in production of the series where the studio decided it was best to split it between two seasons because people like me have an eye for these kind of things. It affects the whole experience when you suddenly see a drop in quality that big after having a perfect run for 7 episodes.
eraltergNov 21, 2011 3:57 PM
Nov 21, 2011 4:29 PM

Aug 2010
GuyxFlynn said:
hussien-11 said:
O_o

Of course, you can't compare Night and Zero.
Zero is by far better, hands down!

Well yeah... Ofcourse it's better if your talking about the FSN anime or movie....
Nov 21, 2011 5:08 PM

May 2008
Man, I would of been pissed if Irisviel was killed off. I like her a lot and thankfully she didn't :D. Kiritsugu is also quickly becoming one of my favorites in this series too, he's a bad ass knows how to use guns.

Another great episode, Fate/Zero has definitely reminded me why I enjoy the Fate series so much :).
Nov 21, 2011 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
Three animetion director! is all the funds in Ep 8 all used in Iri's magic?
What a awesome mercurary hawk!><
Nov 21, 2011 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
Best fucking episode I've seen in a while. Man that was just so epic. The OST is gonna be bombbbbbbbbbb.
Nov 21, 2011 8:32 PM

Jun 2008
Nara-Sama said:
Man, I would of been pissed if Irisviel was killed off.

Since you already watched fate/stay night, then you probably know what's going to happen to most of the characters in Zero.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 21, 2011 8:37 PM

Nov 2007
the action was great. Kotomine is sick. I also agree that both Lancer's are badasses.

there is just one thing I'm left with....

NEEDS MORE RIDER. ISKANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 21, 2011 10:52 PM

Oct 2010
walyi_desu said:
Three animetion director! is all the funds in Ep 8 all used in Iri's magic?
What a awesome mercurary hawk!><

It seems so. lol.

the hawk's pattern looks exquisite
Reim_SeranthNov 21, 2011 11:04 PM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Nov 21, 2011 10:54 PM
Nov 2011
I honestly think they spent too much time on the hawk. I do agree, its nice and all, but I don't think it was worth the effort that they put into it. Don't get me wrong, 6:50-8:00 was probably the best part of the episode for me. After that is Saber and Lancer against Caster.
:clap:
Nov 21, 2011 11:12 PM

Aug 2007
I Love this anime :)
Nov 22, 2011 12:56 AM
Mar 2010
kaimax said:
Nara-Sama said:

Since you already watched fate/stay night, then you probably know what's going to happen to most of the characters in Zero.

TT_TT, I hated Kirei with all my heart for the few minutes that I thought that he killed Iri. ~.~
Nov 22, 2011 2:30 AM

Jun 2008
LightningFistAce said:
kaimax said:
Nara-Sama said:

TT_TT, I hated Kirei with all my heart for the few minutes that I thought that he killed Iri. ~.~

Irisviel Dead = END of Fate/Zero

She's the vessel for the Holy Grail, She dies means there's no holy grail. She's currently protected by plot armor.

Nov 22, 2011 3:05 AM

May 2010
Elite60 said:
Nice try Kirei but it's going to take more to get rid of Iris. BTW, Kirei was total badass here.

Agreed !!
Nov 22, 2011 5:58 AM
Oct 2011
Once again great stuff. Zero Lancer's such a great guy; it's really a shame what happens to him. Turning little kids into eldritch abominations? It's ok since it's all for JEAAAAAAANNNNEEE. Hoe did Saber stay so bloodless throughout that shower? We'll never know. Also, Kotomine. Just jogs on over, kung-fu's the hell outta a tree then proceeds to stomp the women and chil- women. And then promptly jogs away.
Right after checking to see if homunculus blood is red, of course; that shit is important.
Loved the Natalia flashback, looking good Ms. Flight Attendent. Kiritsugu destroying the Enizbern castle only for it to get rebuilt only for it to get sword spammed much later. Poor real estate, castles don't appear out of nowhere, they cost shit tons of money. Kayneth isn't helping any by vomiting blood all over the fine carpeting after that Origin Bullet cocktail; good thing ZeBro Lancer appeared to drag his ass home.
And then accidentally NTR his wife.
Nov 22, 2011 4:48 PM

May 2008
kaimax said:
LightningFistAce said:
kaimax said:
Nara-Sama said:

Irisviel Dead = END of Fate/Zero

She's the vessel for the Holy Grail, She dies means there's no holy grail. She's currently protected by plot armor.

Yeah I know what happens to Irisviel, it just seemed to early for her to go out like that is all.
Nov 22, 2011 6:49 PM

Oct 2011
Another week, another great episode. The scene where Iri got stabbed was played out perfectly, you can really see the shock and pain in her face.

I want to punch Kirei in the face so bad right now...

NTR next week? poor Keyneth...
Nov 22, 2011 7:53 PM

Feb 2010
I like how they show just how strong Kirei can be when hes not a goof standing/sitting around.
and Mystic Code: Origin Bullet..damn the effects and uses are just so damn terrifying when used on a powerful magus. =.=
Nov 22, 2011 7:55 PM

Dec 2010
lolzteez said:
NTR next week? poor Keyneth...

Lancer is a walking NTR bomb because of his magical love spot, after all. Though I only feel a little bad for Kayneth.

As for me I can't wait until they show us more close-ups of Kirei's fine, curvaceous ass more Kirei fighting.
Nov 22, 2011 11:05 PM

Mar 2010
Kayneth got rocked. Also impressive to see what Kotomine can actually do.
Nov 23, 2011 1:38 AM

Oct 2008
"Shape ist Leben"

Kinda funny hearing her pronounce both english and german wrong in the same spell. :P
Nov 23, 2011 2:32 AM
Jun 2011
Fai said:
Dusk252 said:
spigot said:
^^ lmao.

I guess the only thing that feels off about this show is that the characters don't get killed. There was absolutely no reason for Kirei to not have decapitated Maiya and Iris there before escaping. Instead, leaving them half-dead seemed totally out of character for the cold blooded killer he is portrayed as.
Of course it would be sad to see any of the badass cast die early too but still they should have given a better reason... like for example Saber could have show up as Kirei was about to stab her or something.
Nope. Saber was coming. Kirei may be pretty overpowered but he's still no match for a Servant. Not for Saber anyway. What he did by letting them live was force Saber to make a choice: try to provide assistance of go after him. Of course she chose the former. Plus, he has no idea about Avalon so Iri would be pretty much dead. Short version: he left them alive to save his own ass.

^

this.

Saber, while technically slower servant, could still outrun and catch up Kirei in seconds if wanted.

Chuch members, EVEN IF HORRIBLY OVERPOWERED, are still juts a fodder for servants(servants are pretty much near the top of food chain in nasuverse). Even Ciel, who is, well, the strongest known church member, is said to only be able to fight a generic servant on defensive.

There are things even higher on the food chain of nasuverse power levels than servants of course.

In FSN, Unless you are Shirou Emiya or certain other person, you have absolutely no chance against a servant. None. At. All.

Leaving her with no choice but to help those two, Kirei bough this own life, so to say.

Still could have killed off Maiya, but the point about leaving Iris bleeding to death as a distraction for Saber makes a lot of sense.

Also regarding speed, what's to say that he couldn't have been carried off princess style by the lady assassin? Would have looked less awkward than his ridiculous jogging style at least :P
Nov 23, 2011 8:14 AM

Aug 2011
Ok people, pictures from episode 9, no spoilers here, so see without fear...

Nov 23, 2011 10:41 AM
Dec 2007
Nara-Sama said:
That was a needless spoiler, specially for people who haven't watched or played Stay Night.

Nov 23, 2011 1:57 PM

Aug 2011
zhfac said:
Kayneth got rocked. Also impressive to see what Kotomine can actually do.

As expected of Kirei, totally cold blooded.
Nov 23, 2011 4:47 PM

Oct 2010
Gamaliel said:
OK people, pictures from episode 9, no spoilers here, so see without fear...

Can I like get a link to where I can see those previews.

Furthermore it looks like Sola there has something going with Kayneth despite being in the hospital wonder what exactly. Lancer look nice in the rain, I might do a GIF of that one. Rain drops in infinite motion are amazing.

Maiya does look like you mention but also reminds of the bad shit from Saikano near the end.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 23, 2011 9:38 PM

Dec 2009
spigot said:
Fai said:
Dusk252 said:
spigot said:
^^ lmao.

I guess the only thing that feels off about this show is that the characters don't get killed. There was absolutely no reason for Kirei to not have decapitated Maiya and Iris there before escaping. Instead, leaving them half-dead seemed totally out of character for the cold blooded killer he is portrayed as.
Of course it would be sad to see any of the badass cast die early too but still they should have given a better reason... like for example Saber could have show up as Kirei was about to stab her or something.
Nope. Saber was coming. Kirei may be pretty overpowered but he's still no match for a Servant. Not for Saber anyway. What he did by letting them live was force Saber to make a choice: try to provide assistance of go after him. Of course she chose the former. Plus, he has no idea about Avalon so Iri would be pretty much dead. Short version: he left them alive to save his own ass.

^

this.

Saber, while technically slower servant, could still outrun and catch up Kirei in seconds if wanted.

Chuch members, EVEN IF HORRIBLY OVERPOWERED, are still juts a fodder for servants(servants are pretty much near the top of food chain in nasuverse). Even Ciel, who is, well, the strongest known church member, is said to only be able to fight a generic servant on defensive.

There are things even higher on the food chain of nasuverse power levels than servants of course.

In FSN, Unless you are Shirou Emiya or certain other person, you have absolutely no chance against a servant. None. At. All.

Leaving her with no choice but to help those two, Kirei bough this own life, so to say.

Still could have killed off Maiya, but the point about leaving Iris bleeding to death as a distraction for Saber makes a lot of sense.

Also regarding speed, what's to say that he couldn't have been carried off princess style by the lady assassin? Would have looked less awkward than his ridiculous jogging style at least :P

Honestly the whole main characters not dying thing throws me off, too. It's just not realistic. It pisses me off when animes show characters in trouble, and then someone comes to the rescue at the very last second. This show has done that in all the major fights so far.

Don't get me wrong, I found the action exciting and entertaining, and if they pull off an amazing ending in the next few episodes, it would be worth conserving character deaths.
Nov 23, 2011 9:41 PM
Nov 2011
u2blah said:
spigot said:
Fai said:
Dusk252 said:
spigot said:
^^ lmao.

^

this.

Honestly the whole main characters not dying thing throws me off, too. It's just not realistic. It pisses me off when animes show characters in trouble, and then someone comes to the rescue at the very last second. This show has done that in all the major fights so far.

Don't get me wrong, I found the action exciting and entertaining, and if they pull off an amazing ending in the next few episodes, it would be worth conserving character deaths.

Don't get why everyone has to assume all anime has to be realistic. I understand it to a point it should be, but this "story" is already completed. I'm pretty sure it came out after F/SN. Don't worry
Nov 24, 2011 1:04 AM

Jul 2009
which one is more entertaining?

to see a character just suddenly drop dead in an unpredictable fashion?
or
to see a character suffers great physical and psychological breakdown and slowly walks toward death on his/hers own terms.

this is not your generic shonen where people are wildly discarded at will.
Nov 24, 2011 9:04 AM
Jun 2011
You guys don't have to sell the show to me; I love it and rate it 10/10. However, the way things are progressing with pretty much the whole of the cast intact kills a bit of tension. However, while all the other escapes made sense(such as Kayneth escaping the collapsing building/being saved by from death at the hands of kiritsugu by Lancer though, Saber making an ass of herself and having to be saved by Rider and then Lancer) the Kirei vs Iris showdown didn't justify itself well enough for me.

Also I'm going to be pissed if Kayneth gets back in action too soon; though I guess they've set up Sola to have a bigger role as it is.
Nov 24, 2011 10:07 AM

Jun 2008
spigot said:

Also I'm going to be pissed if Kayneth gets back in action too soon; though I guess they've set up Sola to have a bigger role as it is.

Natalia pretty much said that "whoever got shot with Kiritsugu's Origin Bullet can't go back as a mage nor a human." The stronger tha mage the stronger the effect.

Seeing him in action probably no, seeing him still scheming probably yes.

Nov 24, 2011 11:09 AM
Dec 2007
kaimax said:
spigot said:

Natalia pretty much said that "whoever got shot with Kiritsugu's Origin Bullet can't go back as a mage nor a human." The stronger tha mage the stronger the effect.

Seeing him in action probably no, seeing him still scheming probably yes.
He seemed pretty screwed up in that preview pic. Kiritsugu's Origin Bullet is meant to make magi worthless. He'll survive but he can't fight anymore. But he's not alone in the war, the mana is provided by Sola so Lancer is still on top shape and Sola herself is a decent magus so yeah, they're still in the running.

Nov 24, 2011 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
oh Lancer.. *swoon* XD

I'm not into Yuri, but this show makes me want to ship Iri x Saber XD
Nov 24, 2011 3:03 PM

Aug 2011
MapleRose said:
oh Lancer.. *swoon* XD

I'm not into Yuri, but this show makes me want to ship Iri x Saber XD

Too bad
Nov 24, 2011 3:09 PM

Mar 2011
Kayneth and Caster need to be put in their place.

Saber and Iri's magic spells were pretty cool.
Nov 24, 2011 5:55 PM

Jan 2009
cherrymina said:
Once again great stuff. Zero Lancer's such a great guy; it's really a shame what happens to him. Turning little kids into eldritch abominations? It's ok since it's all for JEAAAAAAANNNNEEE. Hoe did Saber stay so bloodless throughout that shower? We'll never know. Also, Kotomine. Just jogs on over, kung-fu's the hell outta a tree then proceeds to stomp the women and chil- women. And then promptly jogs away.
Right after checking to see if homunculus blood is red, of course; that shit is important.
Loved the Natalia flashback, looking good Ms. Flight Attendent. Kiritsugu destroying the Enizbern castle only for it to get rebuilt only for it to get sword spammed much later. Poor real estate, castles don't appear out of nowhere, they cost shit tons of money. Kayneth isn't helping any by vomiting blood all over the fine carpeting after that Origin Bullet cocktail; good thing ZeBro Lancer appeared to drag his ass home.

I lol'ed

And no one addressed Kirei's kage bushin move. What was that? Every other explanation here about leaving them alive to save his ass is worthless if he can put a fake dying clone of himself and flank the enemy at will.
Faker_Nov 24, 2011 6:02 PM
Nov 24, 2011 7:53 PM

Oct 2011
Faker_ said:
cherrymina said:

I lol'ed

And no one addressed Kirei's kage bushin move. What was that? Every other explanation here about leaving them alive to save his ass is worthless if he can put a fake dying clone of himself and flank the enemy at will.

Kage Bunshin? when was this?? o.o
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.