Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2011 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another excellent episode. I loved how the emotions flow in this one. Along with the excellent BGM and continuation of the fight it was marvellous. Kiritsugu against Kayneth was a tight fight of life/skills and adrenaline rushed feelings that delivered the excitement. I found myself pretty impressed by it. Although I have a feeling it could flow more, how to say this....more sequential. Kind of like no talk that interrupts the action. Kind of. Irisiviel shined mostly in the following,

that really got me excited to see her use a more potential spell than only healing. Sadly it turned into a disaster later on. As the end of the episode approached I found myself not only raging sheer tears of rage itself for the following spoiler
it also marked as a hater of Kirei. Kirei now can got screw-himself! I hate the fucker! he stabs Irisviel? He makes her cough blood? He throws like shit? FUCK YOU KIREI! For all the screw you! Rage damn it! Poor poor Irisviel. That was cruel and unforgivable of Kirei. He must die after Caster. In thee end I was just relieved of the spoiler
that clearly shows that not only did Irisviel absorb Saber’s scabbard but also it gives her immortality and healing powers of most strong calibre. It was also nice to see Irisviel's belly a little there (and yes at this point I need relief do you not know how fucking hard ti was to see Irisviel's blood gushing out from her mouth? HARD! Really hard man!).

While the other most amazing feature is Saber’s wind attack in the following,

That part was quite something. I did not see that attack of hers so it was most blessing, especially the aftereffect in the spoiler
it was well done but IMO the monster swirling around in the tunnel may be better rendered.

To mention the most amazing lancer in the spoiler
landing a most amazing blow to Caster.

Setting and details are crisp as always with effects being good along the BGM. No flaws at all. More later.
Yumekichi11Nov 19, 2011 1:09 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 19, 2011 8:10 AM

Jan 2009
Kiritsugu and his origin bullets. Seems like they skimmed through the concept behind the bullet wonder how many people foreign to the nasuverse actually understand what's a mage's origin. Watching kayneth squirm is pretty satisfying, considering how haughty he has been.

This episode confirmed for me again just how awesome kirei is. Ba ji quan + black keys + showing the women they need to butt out of a conflict between men? This guy just screams badass. The fact that the shirou from fate route beat him without projection is a complete miracle
halberdiersNov 19, 2011 8:18 AM
Nov 19, 2011 8:42 AM

Jun 2008
Epic music is epic.
Finally we got to see Kiritsugu's and Kirei's badassness. I was disappointed by how Iri's magic was rendered but I should have expected it to be in CG.

Seems like they skimmed through the concept behind the bullet wonder how many people foreign to the nasuverse actually understand what's a mage's origin.

Nobody foreign to it can really understand it I think, I don't remember it being that much described in the novel too. Only in KnK was it really explained.
Nov 19, 2011 8:46 AM

Jan 2010
Now you see why Kiritsugu is called the magus killer.

They did a good job showing Kayneth's suffering after getting hit by the Contender.
Ok™
Nov 19, 2011 8:46 AM

Oct 2010
halberdiers said:
Watching kayneth squirm is pretty satisfying, considering how haughty he has been.
I was just actually smiling with satisfaction during that scene. Anyone else?

Nov 19, 2011 9:11 AM
Mar 2011
another epic episode, great fight scenes aside from the servants

i kinda miss rider hahaha
"....i am the villain in this story"
Nov 19, 2011 9:13 AM
Nov 2011
I can't wait to re-watch the episode once Kanjouteki releases it. Already beautiful in 360p.
JankaruroNov 19, 2011 11:55 AM
Nov 19, 2011 9:40 AM

Jun 2011
Another marvelous eposide, two badass battle!!

and...

give me more Natalia Kamińska!!!

next ep seems to be NTR&rider again,I think I need more patience to wait.
Nov 19, 2011 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
excellent episode.
I wanted to last for a little while .
Power of Avalon is wonderful .
Nov 19, 2011 9:44 AM

Jul 2011
Great episode, 5/5. Kind of relieved that Iris had Avalon on her.

Not quite happy that Saber let Lancer know that Kiritsugu was her actual master though, probably an unintentional slip. But still a great episode.
mdzNov 19, 2011 9:30 PM
Nov 19, 2011 10:01 AM

Dec 2008
Fantastic! I was looking forward to Kirei's fight in the woods for so long and it didn"t disappoint. Can't wait for next week. Wonder what will become of Kayneth.
Nov 19, 2011 10:11 AM

May 2011
Oh God, I actually enjoyed the agony of both Kayneth and Iri...

And those fights. Oh God, the fights.

The preview, though, left me crying inside. I just don't want to believe that we're already at this part. Lancer... ;_;
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Nov 19, 2011 10:13 AM

Feb 2010
OMG Awesome episode, I can't wait for more.
My favorite anime this season.
Nov 19, 2011 11:39 AM

May 2009
Iri's magics is awesome!
Nov 19, 2011 11:39 AM

Sep 2008
Phooey, Iris didn't die.
Maiya had ample time to shoot Kirei also...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2011 11:43 AM

Sep 2008
If they keep it up like this, this show will quickly find his way into my favorites list. Simply great. Heroes are all great and terrifying, battles are wonderful, CG is great, music is beyond great and character development is so far also really good.
All in all, I'm loving it.

I didn't even watch FSN after reading VN, and now I know I won't, after this...no, just no.

Lancer(s) is/are such a cool guy(s) in both FZ and FSN.
Nov 19, 2011 11:44 AM

Feb 2010
great episode this show is just amazing!
Nov 19, 2011 11:59 AM

Jan 2008
Who does Kayneth think he is, Magneto?

Also, I'm really happy they released Fate/zero after F/SN, because I would have had a bias opinion towards Kotomine Kirei. It's a damn good thing that

I love Irisviel so much~
Nov 19, 2011 12:02 PM

Jan 2009
nina4life said:
Lancer(s) is/are such a cool guy(s) in both FZ and FSN.

So true, both zero lancer and fsn lancer have awesome personalities, I'm glad that zero lancer gets more love(and screen time) on this adaptation.
Nov 19, 2011 12:15 PM

Jul 2010
Nice try Kirei but it's going to take more to get rid of Iris. BTW, Kirei was total badass here.
Nov 19, 2011 12:33 PM

Sep 2011
omg Iri T_T! watching her getting stabbed like that was not cool. i'm happy she's not dead (yet, anyways).

Nov 19, 2011 12:59 PM

Jan 2010
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, damn that was awesome. Though, Iris's alchemy didn't seem as cool as I imagined, but that's just being nitpicky.
Nov 19, 2011 1:03 PM

Dec 2007
Honestly, still love all of F/Z... but I was expecting more then what I got. For instance I don't believe that Kirie is Hellsing style bullet proof. And more so the lack of explanation of Kayneth's defeat.
For those who are confused or think it was just magic I'll explain. (And in lue of them explaining it next time ill spoiler tag)

And for those who didn't really get what the origin bullet is

All in all there's still many scenes I can't wait for and I'm sure I'll love, so this level of minor disappointment isn't anything too much for me to cry at.
KetuekigamiNov 19, 2011 1:21 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2011 1:20 PM

Oct 2010
Elite60 said:
Nice try Kirei but it's going to take more to get rid of Iris. BTW, Kirei was total bad-ass here.
I hate Kirei now! D:
Ketuekigami said:
Honestly, still love all of F/Z... but I was expecting more then what I got. For instance I don't believe that Kirei is Hellsing style bullet proof. And more so the lack of explanation of Kayneth's defeat.
For those who are confused or think it was just magic I'll explain. (And in lue of them explaining it next time ill spoiler tag)
I can disapprove on the part of why the bullet goes through. Visually in the spoiler
it shows some kind of eye for a moment. That eye does seem like the one used to dispel stuff in occult. So the hand held bullet was magical and the other bullet explanation thanks for that but it was magical too.

What I wan to know is who is the girl in the spoiler
and did she do something naughty or bad that it was not shown from the impression I got? I mean Kiritsugu was not in a position that looked like good. Like he was tired or something.

Nov 19, 2011 1:26 PM

Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Ketuekigami said:
Honestly, still love all of F/Z... but I was expecting more then what I got. For instance I don't believe that Kirei is Hellsing style bullet proof. And more so the lack of explanation of Kayneth's defeat.
I can disapprove on the part of why the bullet goes through. Visually in the spoiler

My comment comes from what is stated in the novel, not my own visual perception. So while you may have to use your own perception since it is not stated in the anime, I'll let you know what I said is what official happened lol. The origin bullet has no such function, and nothing on the magic side was used as an explanation.
Nov 19, 2011 1:29 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Elite60 said:

What I wan to know is who is the girl in the spoiler and did she do something naughty or bad that it was not shown from the impression I got? I mean Kiritsugu was not in a position that looked like good. Like he was tired or something.

well, she is Natalia Kaminski , a freelancer from the past of kiritsugu, and his partner. She is much more epic than him, and considering that they showed her in this episode, i'm sure they will show more of her during the show (via flashbacks) and if the ova/extra of Fate zero that they announce is about "heart of freaks " we will have much more of her character
Nov 19, 2011 1:30 PM

Feb 2010
Gotta love how Kirei beat both of his attackers basically just using his own body strenght. He is just so fucking badass. But of course it's good that Iri didn't actually die, she's so lovely. :3

Well, I'm starting to sound like a broken record on these episode discussions, but another awesome episode. 5/5
Nov 19, 2011 1:39 PM

Jun 2011
Gamaliel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Elite60 said:

What I wan to know is who is the girl in the spoiler and did she do something naughty or bad that it was not shown from the impression I got? I mean Kiritsugu was not in a position that looked like good. Like he was tired or something.

well, she is Natalia Kaminski , a freelancer from the past of kiritsugu, and his partner. She is much more epic than him, and considering that they showed her in this episode, i'm sure they will show more of her during the show (via flashbacks) and if the ova/extra of Fate zero that they announce is about "heart of freaks " we will have much more of her character

Just a partner?Kaminski is Kiritsugu's legal guradian and tutor
Nov 19, 2011 1:40 PM

Oct 2010
Gamaliel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

well, she is Natalia Kaminski , a freelancer from the past of Kiritsugu, and his partner. She is much more epic than him, and considering that they showed her in this episode, I’m sure they will show more of her during the show (via flashbacks) and if the ova/extra of Fate zero that they announce is about "heart of freaks " we will have much more of her character
Natalia? Sounds Russian already. I would like to know a lot about her. Like off the top of my head. Kiritsugu's relation with her. Circumstances of meeting her. Stuff like that. Well thanks for the info.

Nov 19, 2011 2:04 PM
Jan 2009
It's going to be explained later, expect it around the 2nd half of Fate/Zero 2
Nov 19, 2011 2:07 PM

Apr 2011
Irisviel you are one lucky person. Damn Kiritsugu must really care for her.
Nov 19, 2011 2:26 PM

Sep 2007
Omg, I almost screamed when Kirei stabbed Iri! TT___TT Awesome episode is awesome! This show doesn't low its level, it's simply incredible.

Nov 19, 2011 2:38 PM

Aug 2008
Damn, seriously, it's impossible for this series to suck. They had all the right epic music at the right epic time. It was A LOT OF FUN to watch both Kayneth and Caster get godly pwned. I really wanted both to die, but oh well, series is still early, so not surprised both escaped.

When Kirei stabbed Iri unexpectedly, I was like, "NOOOO!!" I always hated Kirei in FSN for a variety of reasons, but now I have more reasons to hate him.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 19, 2011 2:43 PM

Feb 2011
cmon people..I can't be the only one who enjoyed watching Maiya beaten and Iri stabbed.

Tbh it's about time they showed that this war is dangerous for all those involved..master or not.
Nov 19, 2011 3:01 PM
Jun 2009
benevolentfather said:
cmon people..I can't be the only one who enjoyed watching Maiya beaten and Iri stabbed.

you're not alone. Iris is really annoying. I love Saber but this woman has to die.
an uhm.... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/vvvfd.jpg
smexiest pose ever!
Nov 19, 2011 3:11 PM

Dec 2010
Kayneth: It's only a-BLEUGHHHHH- FLEESHWARRRGH.
Kiritsugu: Origin Bullet was super effective!
Nov 19, 2011 3:23 PM

Jun 2008
Oh Kiritsugu *A*

Gotta love the man. He never looses his coolness~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 19, 2011 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
I can see a lot of connections to Fate/ Stay Night. I love this show the plot doesn't feel rushed and the characters are great. The only thing I find annonying is Saber's wound from Lancer, it's just too convenient story-wise to make her weaker.
Nov 19, 2011 3:46 PM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Natalia? Sounds Russian already. I would like to know a lot about her. Like off the top of my head. Kiritsugu's relation with her. Circumstances of meeting her. Stuff like that. Well thanks for the info.

It's not Russian, it's Polish, especially her surname. I also haven't read the VN and can't wait to know more about her.

As for the episode it was as amazing as always but I want to see at least one servant dead in this season.
Nov 19, 2011 4:17 PM

Jun 2008
Kuszek said:
Yumekichi11 said:

It's not Russian, it's Polish, especially her surname. I also haven't read the VN and can't wait to know more about her.

As for the episode it was as amazing as always but I want to see at least one servant dead in this season.

I think it's a name found in people under Christian Orthodox church. So yeah such a name can be found in Russia, Greece and even Poland although they are a minority in Poland.

Anyway some good fights and caster had his little monsters destroyed. Btw can anyone tell me what historical figure this maniac is?

The arrogant master of Lanser got his needed humiliation. His liquid metal thing was really cool but something special seems to be going on with those bullets although i don't exactly get it.

the thing that leaves me feel kind of weird is the fight with Kirei. Isn't the guy human? Wtf was with pullets bouncing off him? And then even if i accept that his powerful enough to bring a tree down he certainly took quite some time why didn't Iris just pick the gun from the ground and start shooting him before he break loose or the knife to stab him?
That battle really wasn't made very well.
MonadNov 19, 2011 4:56 PM
Nov 19, 2011 4:20 PM

Jan 2009
thanks Ketuekigami for the explanation of Kiritsugu powers.

Can anyone explain me what did Kirei use? I'm pretty sure this show is above kage bushins and that there is some magic involved in deflecting bullets that are hitting your arm.
Nov 19, 2011 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
Monad said:

Anyway some good fights and caster had his little monsters destroyed. Btw can anyone tell me what historical figure this maniac is?

He said himself in the car episode. Guile de Reis, remember? Wikipedia the name if you don't know it.

Monad said:
The arrogant master of Lanser got his needed humiliation. His liquid metal thing was really cool but something special seems to be going on with those bullets although i don't exactly get it.

Ketuekigami explained that a few posts before yours, scroll up and read it

Monad said:
the thing that leaves me feel kind of weird is the fight with Kirei. Isn't the guy human? Wtf was with pullets bouncing off him? And then even if i accept that his powerful enough to bring a tree down he certainly took quite some time why didn't Iris just pick the gun from the ground and start shooting him before he break loose or the knife to stab him?

I got the same felling. Hopefully someone will explain us Kirei abilities
Nov 19, 2011 4:27 PM

Jun 2009
When Natalia appeared in Kiritsugu's memories i was like "Holly fuck it's Touko D: "
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 19, 2011 4:33 PM

Jan 2010
Kirei has some super kevlar vest or something under his clothes. Pretty sure they were magically enhanced, so it's probably why bullets bounce off of him Alexander Anderson style. Bit of hand waving yeah, but I don't see anything wrong with him being more like Anderson.

"But Kirei only protected his head; he didn’t bother dodging. Even the sleeves of the monk’s robes were made from thick Kevlar filaments. It was covered seamlessly with the Church’s special protection spells."

From the novel. Yup, Kirei has magic backing, Black Keys, and martial arts. Easier just to call him a superhuman.
ShockedNov 19, 2011 4:45 PM
Nov 19, 2011 4:37 PM

Aug 2011
Monad said:

Mages don't use modern weapons such as guns and etc...
i bet that Irisviel don't even know how to use it.
also, she was controling the wires with magic, she couldn't move anyway.

And Maiya was severely wounded, and when she was about to grab the gun, she heard the sound of the tree being broken apart, and stared at it instead of doing anything.

Kirei uses kevlar, so he is bullet proof, the only place where she could shot is his head, but lying in the ground it's nearly impossible.
Nov 19, 2011 4:38 PM
Aug 2010
Monad said:

Kirtei's priest robes are enhanced with Kevlar and some protective spells. Irisviel was busy trying to keep Kirei tied to the tree and she had to concentrate. Maiya suffered from extreme damage and she couldn't get to the gun on time.
Nov 19, 2011 4:40 PM

Sep 2007
I'm kind of disappointed that Irisviel didn't die. That would've made for some very interesting plot development. Kiritsugu still proving that he's a complete badass to take down Kayneth like that.
Nov 19, 2011 4:56 PM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
I'm kind of disappointed that Irisviel didn't die. That would've made for some very interesting plot development. Kiritsugu still proving that he's a complete badass to take down Kayneth like that.

you mean the story will end if she dies. :)
Nov 19, 2011 4:56 PM

Jan 2009
Wasabi said:

She's wearing plot armor XD

Thanks all for the explanation. What did he use to go from lying on the ground in front of Maya to behind her?
Nov 19, 2011 5:19 PM

Jun 2010
Touko OUT OF FUCKIN NOWHERE O.O

I swear the Aozaki sisters have their hand in about everything that goes on in the nasuverse.

Faker_ said:
thanks Ketuekigami for the explanation of Kiritsugu powers.

Can anyone explain me what did Kirei use? I'm pretty sure this show is above kage bushins and that there is some magic involved in deflecting bullets that are hitting your arm.

Only thing i can think of is reinforcement magic, magic that makes objects alot more resilient(or something along those lines).

It won't give up it wants me dead god damn this noise inside my head
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.