Forum Settings
Forums

New One Piece Film of New World Arc Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 20, 2011 7:04 AM

Mar 2010
Because the world really needs another One Piece movie.

Nov 20, 2011 7:20 AM

Aug 2011
just how epic is that!! :D
Nov 20, 2011 7:31 AM

Jul 2010
WOHOO.Shin Sekai movie! thats what i need in my life.
Nov 20, 2011 8:40 AM

Feb 2010
Definitely looking forward to this, hope it delivers.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 20, 2011 10:07 AM

Jul 2010
Fishcaek-Chan said:

It does.

Most definitely.
Nov 20, 2011 12:36 PM

Jun 2009
Homestuck said:
Fishcaek-Chan said:

It does.

Most definitely.

yea there movies are great yea way more then they need Madoka★Magica movies or naruto movies
Nov 25, 2011 10:57 AM
Oct 2010
Fishcaek-Chan said:
nah it doesnt
more moeblobs is the way to go
Dec 1, 2011 10:57 AM

Nov 2011
jpem said:
Misdreavius said:
OO another one, but the only way I can see it being the best film is if Oda writes the story again. If not... though the first battle in the new world? Isn't that fishman island?

Oh and your two sources screenshots are for the same screenshot.

jpem said:
looking forward to it. Just hope it doesn't feel like a ripoff of a main series arc like strongworld did.

Strong World wasn't a ripoff... it was canon -.-

Canon and pretty much the same plot as
Canon or not it wasn't very creative.
yes well he was working on his manga story and the movie story at the same time still he made it good
Feb 17, 2012 1:47 AM

Feb 2011
December? -.-' Then it still has to go on DVD before we can watch it, which could take a like 5 months or more!
Feb 17, 2012 3:12 AM

Apr 2009
hope its better than Strong World
Apr 20, 2012 2:36 AM
Oct 2010

the name's one piece film Z
Apr 21, 2012 12:02 PM

Apr 2011
Looking forward for this movie !!

"The best film of all One piece films surpassing Strong World"
-They are sure confident then i guess i will not doubt .
Apr 21, 2012 10:06 PM

Oct 2009
FUCK YEAH!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2012 2:11 PM

Jun 2008
jpem said:
ReaperEXE said:
Do you like, hate One Piece then? Because Luffy coming to beat up the villain and save the day is pretty much the highlight of almost every single arc...

The Luffy beating up a bad guy part was not the point.......The reuse of nami's sacrificing herself and luffy saving her like in Arlong was....

Luffy had to save Nami in the Arlong arc and the movie. He also had to save Robin twice (at the Arabasta arc after he defeated Crocodile, and at the Enies Lobby arc) Does that make the Enies Lobby boring? No, it's one of the best arcs there is. Every arc is the same: someone is in trouble, Luffy gets pissed at the bad guy and helps. Why is it bad if he uses the same person?
In the Mermaid Island arc, Arlong came back. Not in person, but his 'legacy' so to speak. That doesn't make it worse or a remake from the Arlong arc.
Just because an idea has been used before, doesn't make it bad or something. Everything has been used before, be it in OP or another series.
May 6, 2012 1:54 AM

Aug 2011
seriously? they're that confident about surpassing strong world?

i'll look forward it :),

i cant really wait :D
May 6, 2012 6:05 AM

Nov 2011
Looking good so far, even if Oda doesn't write it himself it has a chance to be a great movie.
Going to be very tough to surpass strong would though.
May 24, 2012 5:09 PM

Apr 2011
I dont know if it was mentioned before... but...

Is that Kaido as the cover?
If the first fight in the new world is the one that is currently happening in the manga... and SPOILER- Law and Luffy are going to team to take care of one of the yonko... then the first battle will prob be vers a yonko... if thats the case... looking at the mark on the pics back- its not shanks jolly roger for his crew, nor teach, nor big mom... the only one left is kaido...
any thoughts?
May 27, 2012 10:23 PM

Jun 2010
DarkAngelz said:
I dont know if it was mentioned before... but...

Is that Kaido as the cover?
If the first fight in the new world is the one that is currently happening in the manga... and SPOILER- Law and Luffy are going to team to take care of one of the yonko... then the first battle will prob be vers a yonko... if thats the case... looking at the mark on the pics back- its not shanks jolly roger for his crew, nor teach, nor big mom... the only one left is kaido...
any thoughts?

Who knows, what you've said is really interesting and makes sense, I hope is Kaido. We've yet to see him and he's a Younko so obviously he's strong. I still remember when he fought Shanks before he confronted Blackbeard.
Jun 7, 2012 12:42 AM

Dec 2011
Yayayayay looking forward for it =D hope it won't be disappointing.

Homestuck said:
It's One Piece. I'll watch it, I'll love it.
Jun 16, 2012 10:42 PM

Jan 2012
He looks like Captain Morgan like no joke.
Jun 16, 2012 10:52 PM
Jul 2018
siovannie said:
jpem said:
ReaperEXE said:
Do you like, hate One Piece then? Because Luffy coming to beat up the villain and save the day is pretty much the highlight of almost every single arc...

The Luffy beating up a bad guy part was not the point.......The reuse of nami's sacrificing herself and luffy saving her like in Arlong was....

Luffy had to save Nami in the Arlong arc and the movie. He also had to save Robin twice (at the Arabasta arc after he defeated Crocodile, and at the Enies Lobby arc) Does that make the Enies Lobby boring? No, it's one of the best arcs there is. Every arc is the same: someone is in trouble, Luffy gets pissed at the bad guy and helps. Why is it bad if he uses the same person?
In the Mermaid Island arc, Arlong came back. Not in person, but his 'legacy' so to speak. That doesn't make it worse or a remake from the Arlong arc.
Just because an idea has been used before, doesn't make it bad or something. Everything has been used before, be it in OP or another series.

Those situations are completely different....Enies lobby didn't merely have him saving Robin. But provided her character with a lot of Character Development. Same with Arlong for Nami. And fishman island having Arlong only serves to tie those arcs together fleshing out the OP world greatly.

Strong World just put Nami in that damsel in distress role but didn't really give any development as a result, since that already happened back in Arlong. And was also much weaker emotionally when Luffy finally does save her.

Was still a good movie, don't get me wrong. But people way overhype it just because it is written by Oda.
removed-userJun 16, 2012 10:58 PM
Jul 9, 2012 6:46 AM

Nov 2009
I'm excited about this one. :) I'm excited who Z is and what happened between Akainu and Aokiji's battle. :3 Probably this movie is set on Punk Hazard, or.. idk . XD I'm just guessing some stuffs. But anyways whatever the movie is really about, I'll be happy to watch it.
Jul 9, 2012 1:54 PM

Jun 2012
Aokiji is gonna be in it :D
"El Baile de la muerte"
Jul 9, 2012 10:45 PM

Sep 2011
I think trying to add in characters like them is over estimating things a bit. Not to say I'm not excited for this movie but I doubt people such as them would be THAT involved in the film. It will be interesting to see how they handle this though and the way I see it, as long as no one's kidnapped (namely nami) We should be in the green for a kick ass movie. Plus they didn' just one off this line "It'll surpass strong world" they're wearing it on their sleeve in their advertisments.

Admirals, shanks or not; whatever they're doing they are HELL BENT on making this work.
Aug 15, 2012 8:29 PM
Jun 2011
I hope all this anticipation build up doesn't lead to a blow out
Aug 16, 2012 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
Looking forward to this!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
34 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.