Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 17, 2011 9:06 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Blue hair guy with glasses (the novelist)... is he voiced by KajiKaji!! He handed a book, with the long paper code. the AI analyzing.

The code is simple... meet at usual place?

The wife cannot see when the kids are missing and the memory is blurred. Suspecting she's with another guy?

Bookstore.., then books on old "detective" with the simple codes (Codes game by the kids to not let mother worry). He found the kids, and put in safe with the police.

Miyu-Miyu's character didn't talk at all this ep.

Another girl? behind the novelist staying the jail. He said he chose him as his detective?

Next week will be 24:55, becoming earlier but a bit later than original time (24:50). Seems like they are taking film?
tsubasaloverNov 17, 2011 11:18 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 17, 2011 10:37 AM

Oct 2010
Seems like we finally got a main villian. I still wonder who all the people in the credits are.
Nov 17, 2011 10:44 AM
Aug 2011
I'm pretty sure the guy with greenish hair and glasses is voiced by Kaji Yuuki! :D
Nov 17, 2011 10:53 AM

Oct 2010
Elzz said:
I'm pretty sure the guy with greenish hair and glasses is voiced by Kaji Yuuki! :D

If thats true at least he is not being a bitch like Shu from Guily Crown. LOL
Nov 17, 2011 11:25 AM

Dec 2009
Elzz said:

So am I :)

This was probably my favorite episode of this show.
I am pleased ^_^
Nov 17, 2011 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Kazamori. That was the whole point of watching this episode. android lol forever. out
Nov 17, 2011 12:23 PM
Dec 2007
Best episode of this wonderful show so far. The ending was very ominous too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 17, 2011 12:24 PM
Apr 2011
What's going on? Who the fuck is that?
Nice episode.
Nov 17, 2011 12:24 PM

Oct 2010
This must be the best episode yet for the mystery heightening and sadness it brings. Particularly at following,

While the explanation for in the spoiler
constantly invokes THE RAGE! Because innocent victims of war are always innocent no matter how you look at it. Sad world really with the notion of war. I do T_T at Takako for victims always deserve them especially since it happened while she was looking for her kids. More later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 17, 2011 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
SO INTERESTING! I don't like Un-Go so far, but this episode TOTALLY changed my opinion!
Loved the mystery; more reasonable than all the others. Crazy interesting twist at the end!
Amazing episode.
5/5 - :D I CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE!

My original score for Un-Go was 7, but if it continues like this, it deserves an 8 or even a 9 depending on how awesome it is :)

The guy who voices that new guy with glasses is the same one as Shion from No. 6!! And Ko-chan from Hanasaku Iroha.. :3 And a bunch of other people I can't think of right now xD.
fishergirl16Nov 17, 2011 1:37 PM
Nov 17, 2011 2:26 PM
Jul 2011
I had a good feeling about this anime and now it is paying off. Un-Go somehow beat the odds to become my favorite anime this season.

What was the deal with the counterfeit books? I don't get it. Was it faked by the author so that the critic would take the book to the detective and that his skills would make the critic get the wrong idea and kill his wife? What is the author's motivation?

Another question. Did the wife die or was she narrowly saved?
Nov 17, 2011 2:52 PM

Aug 2007
Finally, the shit is getting better. I wonder why Shinjurou was chosen by the prisoner novelist as the last great detective...
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Nov 17, 2011 4:12 PM

Jul 2011
Liked it I guess.
4/5
mdzNov 17, 2011 6:13 PM
Nov 17, 2011 4:19 PM

Apr 2011
So... There are other's like Inga?

I love how Rinroku is practically an anthropomorphism of "Deus ex Machina".

I wonder if our Novelist will adhere to Knox's Decalogue.
Nov 17, 2011 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
This was pretty solid for a mystery for once, or just felt so. I enjoyed it anyway. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 17, 2011 5:51 PM

Jun 2011
Inga and Kazamori make a great duo. If this show was just about them alone then we would have an interesting show.
Nov 17, 2011 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
Dude, wow. Just wow. That ending... although I'm not sure if I like having a main plot/villain like that... Well played. Just well played.

I also liked how this mystery had less of a focus on murder and instead code breaking and such. Made for a nice break from the typical murderer.

Also, I knew this week's episode would be important because of this, but I never expected something as surprising as that.

Man, that ending...

EDIT:
Oh, and that colored pencil scene. Inga's so awesome. Kazamori too for that matter, but Inga's reactions are just great.
FingerfoodNov 17, 2011 6:10 PM
Fingerfood.png Fingerfood.png
Nov 17, 2011 8:29 PM
Jul 2011
So this series is only going to be 11 episodes which means he have now seen more than 50% of the series. And I must say that I am a little disappointed, but not because I think it's bad. In fact it is for the opposite reason that I am saddened, this is a good anime, nay great anime, or at least it has the makings of one. The characters alone are poignant, unique, incredibly dynamic, and they interact well with each other by drawing attention to their presence, while not stealing it away from the other. However this excellent character design is not uniform through the series, for example the daughter possesses the components to become an interesting character, one that we can relate with, but this potential is not exercised and so her character is left wanting. The other example is the police chief who's character is flaccid and non-intriguing. I have no desire to know anything about her character, although I think she will play a more pivotal role in the next story.

This show also has some badass music that I feel is wasted on 11 episodes. And along with the music is the animation quality, which while it is no Guilty Crown, is fluid and stimulating and more so than expected.

The final negative is that these stories all stop shy of any epiphany. I got plot line blue balls, because they almost make it mega interesting, but stop short and just go for the easy solution.

Anyways in the end, this should have had 26 episodes with character and antagonists established by now, if not next episode.
Nov 17, 2011 11:37 PM

Mar 2009
Fingerfood said:
Man, that ending...
I wonder who that girl is. And that guy's hair color... :'D

I LOL'ed when the old guy asked Shinjuuro if he slept with the RAI. orz so blunt. Kazamori's pretty awesome though. So funny when he/it seems to get tired of all the requests. "I'm not a GPS, you know!"
Nov 18, 2011 2:32 AM

Oct 2011
It was great! I really enjoyed the episode!
It had a different feeling from the other episodes
Anyway I'm starting to really like this anime
And I really want to who are that guy and girl at end of the episode
Can't wait for next week episode
Hopefully it will reveal some of this anime mysteries
Nov 18, 2011 4:35 AM

Aug 2011
epic episode, the mysteriouness was just great, thought the previous episode was good, but this ep was just...
The guy with the greenish hair seems like a great villian, and damn, the ending with him saying those words was EPIC.
We're halfway through the series and my interest for this show has PEEKED!!
CAN'T wait for the next episode!!! >_
Nov 18, 2011 5:00 AM
Oct 2011
Is the girl behind the new guy like Inga also? i think i like this better than guilty crown..
Nov 18, 2011 8:42 AM

Apr 2010
Lol the maid made my day jumping like that :D
Also I totally can't stand Kaisho and his daughter =_=
Inga is so lovable with Kazamori ^^
Nov 18, 2011 9:29 AM

May 2010
Didn't expect that there's a main plot. Next ep seems like a flashback.
Nov 18, 2011 10:28 AM

May 2008
..well well..who is this new sexy novelist person? *3*

Nov 18, 2011 12:56 PM

Jun 2011
The was the best ep until now! Things are getting more interesting.
Nov 18, 2011 1:03 PM

Dec 2010
Exactly, the best episode so far.
If it stays as interesting as this one I hope they make second season or something.
I'm glad I started watching this anime.
Nov 18, 2011 2:10 PM
Nov 2010
This episode was really good, I liked how the plot moved...
Nov 18, 2011 6:48 PM

Jul 2011
The ending to that episode was EPIC.

Un-Go underrated.
Nov 18, 2011 9:55 PM

Jan 2011
Well that bumped my score for this series up another notch....

Here I was totally sucked into the whole book/code/children mystery and then just when it was solved, Wham! the novelist reappears and I realize that I've totally forgotten about that character and suddenly the whole point of the episode is the meeting between Shinjuurou and him.

And for what it is worth, I still totally think that Kaishou was sleeping with the professor's wife--whether he saved the children or not. We also got another view of the creepy police state that underlies society here. This just keeps getting better and better...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 18, 2011 10:35 PM

May 2010
Kazamori is awesome. Inga was rad because there was no stupid sexy transformation this episode. JUst ncreasing creeping and oh yes.

And Kaji sounded very hot. Mmmm. I love you~

This epsiode was RAD!
Nov 18, 2011 10:52 PM

Oct 2010
great episode, i still dont like kaishou though....
kazamori's a cutie :3
Nov 19, 2011 5:59 AM
Jan 2011
Kaishou was sleeping with the professor's wife, tthen he got tire of it. The wife became lonely and neglect the children. When she realised what happened she felt guity about her husband and children. She commit suicide bt failed. For other things, Kaishou had arranged them well into a happy ending. The truth is what people accept and believe in. Sometimes it better that way.
Nov 19, 2011 6:26 AM

Oct 2007
This show is just getting better and better, doesn't it?

And here come the real rival.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 19, 2011 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
Shiyumi said:
Kaishou was sleeping with the professor's wife, tthen he got tire of it. The wife became lonely and neglect the children. When she realised what happened she felt guity about her husband and children. She commit suicide bt failed. For other things, Kaishou had arranged them well into a happy ending. The truth is what people accept and believe in. Sometimes it better that way.

I came to the same conclusion!

This episode made me bump up my score for the show. Now an 8. I really hope it continues to be as epic as this episode was!
Used to be TheSethAffect
Nov 19, 2011 8:47 AM

Jun 2010
I don't get the story. I guess I'll need a sub for detective vocabulary. o_0

So she didn't actually killed the kids but she sad sorry.
I don't even get what's about kids trying to hide and kidnapped ? ??

I'm like dreaming when watching it.
--
i rewatched and I think it's like they already took the kids and but thought she killed the
kids for some reason ??!
pieceofshotaNov 19, 2011 9:34 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2011 9:01 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
The overall mood of the series is good so far. This is starting to get interesting.

However, the rival/counterpart was to be expected. Of course there is a counterpart to Inga lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 19, 2011 9:19 AM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
The overall mood of the series is good so far. This is starting to get interesting.

However, the rival/counterpart was to be expected. Of course there is a counterpart to Inga lol.
How could we expect less? LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 19, 2011 11:45 AM
Jul 2011
Butterfly333 said:
Is the girl behind the new guy like Inga also? i think i like this better than guilty crown..

This is also going to be half as short as Guilty Crown, so GC still has a ways to go to show us what its got :)

We're finally moving in a direction!
Nov 19, 2011 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
anyone else feel like rei's dad is gonna end up being the big bad of the series? that music that played when he was talking to shunjuro sounded pretty evil, not to mention the smile he got from looking at the code when he saw it in the book,

plus that creepy smile, i feel like hes gonna be evil by the end of this

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 19, 2011 2:51 PM

Feb 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
anyone else feel like rei's dad is gonna end up being the big bad of the series? that music that played when he was talking to shunjuro sounded pretty evil, not to mention the smile he got from looking at the code when he saw it in the book,

this.

also I thought this episode was pretty good... but the ending felt a little rushed. This is an 11ep series though, so, I guess things are going to feel a little rushed.
Nov 19, 2011 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
Shit's about to finally go down. Thank you Jesus!!!
Nov 19, 2011 7:36 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,finally the shit gets moving.

The case was interesting when they show the crayon i kinda guessed that the kids were the ones that did it kinda happy they were alive.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
anyone else feel like rei's dad is gonna end up being the big bad of the series? that music that played when he was talking to shunjuro sounded pretty evil, not to mention the smile he got from looking at the code when he saw it in the book,plus that creepy smile, i feel like hes gonna be evil by the end of this

Indeed he has all to be the big bad wolf of the series but now we have Crazy Novelist with his own souls sucker this is going to get interesting,lets see how Bones end this only 5 more episodes + episode 0.

Also Kazamori is cute as hell.
Nov 19, 2011 8:12 PM

Nov 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

I kind of took him for a big bad from episode one.. Though I remain unsure if he is THE big bad.. Who knows..

As for this story , Husband goes to prison - the wife cheats on her husband because shes lonely , the children get neglected after mr fact changer stops 'seeing' her she then blames her self for the children going missing and betrayal of her husband? And Brick to face. - The kids are safe but.. That family needs a lot of work~ At least the guy got his kids back.. And our Detective avoided the bad end.. barely.

So whos the big bad.. The Novelist.. The Computer Fact changer.. I wonder one the other or maybe both.. I wouldnt mind seeing them both go down frankly. And Rie seems to be siding more and more with out protagonist. Hopefully that continues.
Nov 19, 2011 11:39 PM

May 2010
I agree that kaishou isn't exactly a good guy, and he might well end up as the big bad, but I kinda see him more as a neutral character. I think it's better, and fits in with the setting, post-terrorism, nanny state etc. I would like it if they keep him as someone who is morally ambiguous, and don't make too many judgement calls on him. It's always interesting to have someone like him, an evil authority figure, but he is actually working for the good of the state from his perspective. Blah.

Him being the boss could be good, but a bits awks between Rie and Shinjurou.
Nov 19, 2011 11:56 PM

Oct 2011
this episode was very satisfying from beginning to end - great mystery, smooth plot development, good twist ending - this show seems to get better with each episode - hope they can keep it up!
Nov 20, 2011 4:19 AM
Aug 2011
HinaBunnyPoo said:
bonifide said:
Elzz said:

The guy said THREE WORDS and I paused the video. I was like. NO. FUCKING. WAY.

IT'S FUCKING SHION.

Guys, I couldn't watch Guilty Crown because every time I heard Shu speak, water would form on my eyes. ; n ; NOW UN-GO? I WAS LIKING IT, TOO.

Seriously, this is killing me. You guys wouldn't understand. YOU WOULDN'T. And it's not like this novelist guy is like, some random character. NO. HE'S A MAIN VILLAIN NOW. SO I'M GOING TO HAVE TO STICK WITH HIM 'TILL THE END.

; A ; Shionnnnnnnn~

Oh same!
I heard one sentence and I went all fangirl/dead
He also surprisingly voices evil characters well.
Nov 20, 2011 2:55 PM

May 2011
Elzz said:
HinaBunnyPoo said:
bonifide said:
Elzz said:

The guy said THREE WORDS and I paused the video. I was like. NO. FUCKING. WAY.

IT'S FUCKING SHION.

Guys, I couldn't watch Guilty Crown because every time I heard Shu speak, water would form on my eyes. ; n ; NOW UN-GO? I WAS LIKING IT, TOO.

Seriously, this is killing me. You guys wouldn't understand. YOU WOULDN'T. And it's not like this novelist guy is like, some random character. NO. HE'S A MAIN VILLAIN NOW. SO I'M GOING TO HAVE TO STICK WITH HIM 'TILL THE END.

; A ; Shionnnnnnnn~

Oh same!
I heard one sentence and I went all fangirl/dead
He also surprisingly voices evil characters well.

I didn't read the credits and I'm like is that Shion? haha, it's funny how Notamina shows has Yuuki in it these days(first No.6, Guilty Crown, and now UN-GO) I really like his voice :3
Nov 21, 2011 12:33 AM
Nov 2011
Nice EP. At first I didn't get what MPD was until someone said it. Hello Jargon~
Satisfaction is death.
Nov 21, 2011 2:58 AM

Feb 2011
Awww, no Soul Eater-Inga this time. =(
And according to the episode preview next week neither.

Well, episode was brilliant though. This show went from being "somewhat fine" to "really good" for me.
I hope there'll be a second season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brace625 - Oct 13, 2011

180 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 2:33 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

72 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 20, 2011

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 2, 2023 12:33 AM

» UN-GO series--Watch series first or Episode 0 first?

thecursedone - Nov 23, 2013

13 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 25, 2022 2:10 AM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

79 by helldraco »»
Dec 7, 2021 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.