Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2011 3:07 PM
Apr 2010
volleyball indoors with a shirt?! aww come on... beach volleyball!!! they're getting a little slack on the ecchi ^-^
Nov 30, 2011 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
prismheart said:
I thought throwing more girls in the show would have been kind of bleh but it turned out pretty well.

this. I mean we barely know the Maken-Ki members so far. I did like Shiria though.

needs more Himegami still.
Dec 27, 2011 11:51 AM
Nov 2011
Now this is was an interesting episode. Could have done without the recap of what happened to takeru at the beginning and had more match, but it was fairly good. And the harem competition has thickened. Yae.

But I loled. did Takeru really mean to save Syria? When he screamed it sounded like it was Haruko

(Note subs on the version I watched Call Celia Syria? Which is correct I wonder.)
VeretaxDec 27, 2011 12:07 PM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 24, 2012 10:16 AM

Aug 2009
OK, since nobody noticed I'll say it
The match should've ended in Maken-ki's win.. why ?
when the score was 14-14, Venus team served the ball to the roof, which is a fault
that makes the score 15-14 in Maken-ki's favor
and then they got another point so the match should've ended 16-14
Jul 20, 2012 4:00 PM

Jan 2008
Game_Master said:
OK, since nobody noticed I'll say it
The match should've ended in Maken-ki's win.. why ?
when the score was 14-14, Venus team served the ball to the roof, which is a fault
that makes the score 15-14 in Maken-ki's favor
and then they got another point so the match should've ended 16-14

THIS!
As far as i know too, if you hit the roof the other team wins the point.
Jul 1, 2013 6:03 AM

Nov 2012
no! no new girl again.. -_- too much girl to remember -_- just remember couple of them.. :/

btw the pinky one (shiria) is cute.. what the hell? XD she is calling takeru by "cute boy" LOL XD what she mean with cute? XD

btw, in the end it is not really volleyball -_-
YokamotaJul 1, 2013 7:55 AM
Jan 7, 2015 5:46 AM

Nov 2011
Too many characters, but both the plot and the narrative, have nothing of inviting and even new characters, they can raise the havoc far shown.
Too trivial and similar.
The drawings and animations in this TV version are decidedly mediocre in quality.
Jul 11, 2015 5:52 PM

Feb 2013
New characters! The pink haired one is a idol and is pretty cute.
Oct 31, 2015 8:09 AM

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:
Celia is a genderbending trap don't let her girly-girl childishness fool you. I nearly fell for Celia too, she/he has nice tits and the personality of Inaho. It's about time he got his Maken-Ki.

Reel and Airiru are very cute, I want both of them.

Thanks for spoiling -_-

An alright episode, we got a bunch of new characters introduced. Too many stills in that volleyball game though, lazy animation :P
Jan 31, 2021 8:21 AM

Aug 2018
I'm starting to think that the shitty glasses MC just intentionally run to fighting girls trying to get some. Bastard.
Jan 7, 12:46 PM
Oct 2023
That was one strange episode. "Transfer students" (that strongly smell of villain) join the academy. Of course they're immediately at odds with Maken-Ki. They choose to duel. Winner essentially gets control over the other until the transfer students have to leave. They decide to settle things via a volleyball match. As with any sports game featuring people with supernatural powers, it didn't stay normal for long. And by the end, the "volleyball" part of "volleyball match" had been completely forgotten. The only things that really survived the match was everyone's underclothes. So... new, fishy-smelling classmates and an out of control volleyball match. That's pretty much all of episode seven.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 11 Discussion

Rayyy - Dec 13, 2011

27 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 9, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 10 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2011

23 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 9, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 9 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Nov 29, 2011

29 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 8, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 8 Discussion

Elite60 - Nov 23, 2011

23 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 8, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 6 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Nov 8, 2011

25 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 7, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.