MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Eve no Jikan Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (2) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] »
Poll: Eve no Jikan Episode 1 Discussion

08-18-08, 2:05 AM

I found it to be quite interesting, but what I really liked was how on occasion you'd see things from a character's point of view (in the literal sense of course). I don't think I've seen that done in such abundance, so I was pretty fascinated with the director's particular approach with it.

08-22-08, 10:50 AM

omfg
i totally messed up the release date i missed it till now O_O
and i was sooo waiting for this....
well at least i dont have to w8 that long for the next episodes like you other guys ;-)

dl it right now

///caaaaant wait!!!!////

09-01-08, 6:51 AM

Akiko's situation was predictable but I still enjoyed this very much. The cast was great, I didn't even recognize Lelouch and the animation was beautiful. The Battlestar Galactica camera moves were a bit too much though...

09-01-08, 12:36 PM

lol, battle star - Well. It's kind of depressing when you think about it, if everyone in that diner was a robot, then, where exactly is the twist in the series for the plot. i mean, it's kind of crazy thinking that some house appliance would mimic a human to the point of merely blending in.

09-02-08, 10:10 AM

Corrupt_Id said:

I loved it; the music, the animation, a beautiful atmosphere, all of it was great. I like the concept, I'm interested to see where it goes with it. However as Absolute_Steve pointed out, it does seem like the typical sci fi story. Hopefully that will change with the next ep.

09-02-08, 4:12 PM

It was interesting, to say the least. Nothing special really, but interesting.

09-02-08, 6:34 PM

Very good first episode. Really got me interested. Kind of reminded me of I, Robot at first lol.

09-02-08, 10:15 PM

I really liked how they brought Asimov's 3 laws of Robotics into this anime series. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this one quite a bit. As many have already pointed out, the atmosphere is great.

The interesting thing is that unlike many other android sci-fi stories, which seem to center around an android rebellion of some sort, this one seems to be more about seeing things from their point of view. In the spirit of the 3 laws, a robot is INCAPABLE of either injuring or disobeying a human. This, however, does not prevent them from being individuals and having a point of view.

Like I said, I think this is going to be quite enjoyable.

09-03-08, 1:07 PM

Very interesting little jig, being 15 minutes was very disappointing. I was just getting into it and then it was already over! The camera effect was god awful though, I felt like I was going to throw up every time it moved.

Still, looking forward to more; it'd be nice if this was more than just six.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?

09-06-08, 2:00 PM

This was a really cool anime i wanna see some more

09-10-08, 2:09 AM

Interesting start, I hope they will keep up their good work. One of the best ONA series I've seen up till now (except The Diary of Tortov Roddle). This story would have deserved to be a TV series =/

09-10-08, 12:24 PM

Really enjoyed it! And unlike some of you folks, i even liked the shakey camera style. It worked for me. The animation was stunning. As was the story; that, to be perfectly honest, i didnt quite get the end of it straight away, but i think i understand it now hahah.

Very much looking forward to the next installment.

09-14-08, 3:36 AM

Can't wait for the next episode

09-18-08, 11:09 AM

HOLY SMOKES. A friend told me about this series and now I understand why he tried to strangle me for each day I blinked and said "Oh, that one - I forgot to watch.". This is the second ONA I've ever seen, and somehow I'm slowly coming to enjoy this type of anime more - free reign for imagination and ideas.
Concerning this episode, I must say that I absolutely adored the picture in the ending with the two persons, one human, one android, and the arrow saying 'resembles' between them. It really mindfucked me when they flipped the arrow. I'm stuck, hooked and will not leave the sinking ship anymore. o.o;;;

09-23-08, 8:50 PM

I also like the shakey camera movements, animation, and plot.

You can definitely feel why the main character is so uptight (cmon, these are androids and they are wanting to act like humans? its a scary thought if it actually happened)

i would befriend my android though.

and the main character started blushing in the cafe? isnt that hypocritical towards his views?

09-24-08, 12:00 AM

kimmiechan said:
I really liked how they brought Asimov's 3 laws of Robotics into this anime series. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this one quite a bit. As many have already pointed out, the atmosphere is great.

The interesting thing is that unlike many other android sci-fi stories, which seem to center around an android rebellion of some sort, this one seems to be more about seeing things from their point of view. In the spirit of the 3 laws, a robot is INCAPABLE of either injuring or disobeying a human. This, however, does not prevent them from being individuals and having a point of view.

Like I said, I think this is going to be quite enjoyable.

I agree, with most shows like this the robot or androids either go out of control and attack people or they fall in love with their master and start disobeying rules. This show seems to limit those two options which makes it feel more realistic. I'm sure at some point the usual might happen but I'm crossing my fingers that they keep it like this.

I found this episode really entertaining.

09-24-08, 9:33 PM

Beautiful animation! It's just amazing. When I first started watching I wasn't sure because it seemed a little bit overdone, but this sure took me by surprise, it's done in such an original way.

09-25-08, 2:47 AM

first of all... i didn't recognize lulu's seiyu, jun fukuyama, doing the voice of that guy 0_o
and the story's quite unique, same as the animation. im beginning to love the idea of androids acting like humans in a special place xD but one episode per 2 months is still quite a bummer >.>

Maltos said:
The animation was stunning.

it has to be since it comes only once every two months! ><

09-25-08, 5:25 PM

a very interesting concept....which is both fascinating and intriguing.
cant wait till next ep
dam the stupid 2 month wait >:
oh well, spose it builds some form of anticipation xD;

09-26-08, 10:30 AM

Holy wow this is amazing.

I got all sorts of feelings mixing up in here.
First, this whole "robot-holic" thing reminds of the otaku stigma thing.
And so then with that it builds a conflict. Not wanting to appear what a part of what is basically a modern version of a robot otaku, and considered a growing societal problem much as hikikomori is considered a societal problem today. And on the other side, learning that to not be this way, is cruel to robots.

So you either get to be an otaku, or a robot hater.
It's so sad and melancholic, but at yet it's so alluring story-wise.
I'm absolutely addicted to this situation and story saddening as it may be.
Because it gives a really very personal interaction to the whole human robot equality struggle.

And gosh this is just too darn slow coming for such an amazing show.
I could go for some more of this. Like right now.
In fact I just about feel like going back and watching this several times again.
That energetic girl Akiko, the storekeeper Nagi, the Rikuo's maid Sammy, there's a lot to go back and meditate on.

In fact, before posting this message, I just did.
I think I've fallen in love with Akiko, and I don't care if it makes me a robot-holic.;_;
Modified by ukonkivi, 09-26-08, 10:42 AM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

09-28-08, 8:57 AM

This was really interesting and the animation was wonderful! I can't wait to see more!

10-01-08, 3:22 AM

I think it's interesting nobody's mentioned Yashiro Yoshiura's earlier short "Aquatic Language". The two have striking similarities. I suspect this cafe is based on a real place because the cafes in both animes are have tall ceilings, lofted levels, and ceiling fans, along with round tables.

10-01-08, 11:21 PM

It certainly passed my expectations. I just watched it because I didn't have time for a 20 min episode. Never thought it'd be this good. We need more than 6x15mins. Only thing it lacked was originality. I understand the android part, but that Rule 1 is a complete ripoff of I, Robot.

9/10

10-03-08, 6:07 PM

Isaac Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics were massively influential, it's only to be expected. At this point it would be more unrealistic not to. Considering these laws are almost certain to be applied in the future.
Serial Experiments Lain took massive influence from the book Cyberia by Douglas Rushkoff. Which I think only makes it better.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

10-05-08, 12:56 PM

seems interesting enough for me to continue

10-09-08, 4:53 AM

I found this OVA... sorry ONA (i get them mixed up lol :D) out of pure luck and i must say it's pretty interesting. Animation quality is great too. Looking forward to more.

10-09-08, 11:35 PM

I actually really liked it... I thought the story would be overdone and typical of animes with a similar theme, but it was good.... I thought akiko was going to be one though....
I want to know more an see more episodes asap.

10-10-08, 4:58 AM

It seems very interesting, the androids act like humans when in the cafe? Wow...

10-25-08, 11:35 AM

great animation and great start it looks interesting

11-01-08, 1:38 AM

Liked it. *Thumbs up* ^^

11-17-08, 12:03 PM

Honestly I wasn't expecting much because I hadn't heard much about the series or the studio and it was so short- but the episode was great, one of the best I've seen in a while. The animation was very good and the concept was very interesting.

12-28-08, 1:22 PM

interesting stuff...very nice lighting and all that :D

01-28-09, 9:47 PM

I thought the music was a nice deviation from the norm; the ending music was so happy yet still synthetic. The simple music almost feels out of place there, but the unorthodox mashing together of stuff actually works pretty well here.

I think the camera effects were very well done and not out of place at all, and it really shows all the hard work the animation staff put into it. I'll definitely be following the rest of this (fairly short) series; hopefully it will deviate a bit from the "androids have feelings, too" cliche more than the first episode. The cafe makes for a good contrast between the androids' inner vs outer selves, though, that I imagine will be played upon a lot.

05-16-09, 9:20 PM

Oh my fucking god.

I just found something i was waiting for.

This anime is awesome.

06-07-09, 5:44 AM

Although I actually wanted to wait till the whole series has ended, I was too bored to do so and therefore just watched the first episode.

Just, wow.

Indeed, the robotic laws and androids vs. humans story has been overdone, but in this case, it has presented itself quite well. I feel like the androids are silently fighting for just a bit of freedom, instead of having this 'big revolution'. Reminds me of the woman's movement and unapproved religions back in the middle ages (who gathered in neutral buildings to practice their church).

Liked the camera effects. Don't really have a big screen so no nausea for me... animation was great, and the video quality too. Didn't suspect that from something that's been streaming.

Well, time to watch the second one, since it's out anyway.

08-12-09, 3:45 PM

They are not nice to their Androids :(
15 mins is like an ordinary anime (without op & ed)

09-05-09, 10:04 AM

Loved it! Really liking the mood and setting. I think it was pretty obvious that that waitress was an android.

09-05-09, 10:51 AM

Everything about this is great. A nice introduction to the world, great art, music fits the feel. Really looking forward to the rest.

09-25-09, 9:53 AM

Really nice episode, the animation remind me of the one of Pale Cocoon.
Now what's the most interesting is to see how the main character with this change of hierarchic order. Apparently he's disturbed by what he has seen in the Time of Eve and he's changing is way of thinking, asking himself about android and seeing them more like human.

12-02-09, 11:26 PM

Very interesting episode in my opinion, beginning was a little slow but got better as it progressed. Wasn't quite used to how short it was though.

01-02-10, 9:57 AM

i liked the episode a lot! it seems longer than 15 mins probably because of the pausing and whatnot, but it's a decent take on the human v robot trend.

02-09-10, 8:21 PM

Question ... did they plagiarize Asimov's three laws without giving proper crediting? I enjoyed the episode so far, but I had to stop if they just took it from Asimov without giving him credit of any sort.

Please tell me some form of credit or his name is mentioned somewhere =.=

02-17-10, 10:08 PM

kaminakun said:
Question ... did they plagiarize Asimov's three laws without giving proper crediting? I enjoyed the episode so far, but I had to stop if they just took it from Asimov without giving him credit of any sort.

Please tell me some form of credit or his name is mentioned somewhere =.=

While Asimov was the first to explicitly list out the "Three Laws of Robotics", there's nothing incredibly unique about them and this doesn't directly copy them. I don't really see a need to attribute something to Asimov when it's basically the design considerations for nearly anything.

--

I was impressed with the opening episode. The animation is excellent and it presents a slight twist on the typical "sci-fi robots develop personalities" genre.

04-24-10, 4:19 AM

I don't know what to make of this. Seems interesting though.

04-25-10, 3:40 AM

Very interesting series...

05-13-10, 11:58 PM

I'm hooked, very interesting episode. I want an android too :(.

05-18-10, 2:37 AM

Awesome series I wish there was more.

05-24-10, 9:49 PM

Interesting concept. Great animation. I also like the atmosphere so... this is definitely something I'll watch until the end.

Yes, the whole idea is actually quite unoriginal, and perhaps something that has been done to death, but this still seemed fresh and captivating in its own way. Looking forward to seeing how this all unfolds and develops further! :D

07-01-10, 2:43 PM

Breathtaking animation... delightful story.. really, I loved it.

07-24-10, 2:55 AM

Atlast I've found a DL link, been waiting for this! I feel like watching a 2d-3d animation, the characters are very easy to adapt and in some unique way I feel like I'm in the story.

How human and android should live eh? very interesting, regarding it is in Japan.

~Nagi sulking moment - cute
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Pages (2) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] »