MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Eve no Jikan Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Eve no Jikan »» Eve no Jikan Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Eve no Jikan Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

130 72.63%
4 out of 5: Liked it

43 24.02%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 3.35%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 179

08-18-08, 2:05 AM

I found it to be quite interesting, but what I really liked was how on occasion you'd see things from a character's point of view (in the literal sense of course). I don't think I've seen that done in such abundance, so I was pretty fascinated with the director's particular approach with it.

08-22-08, 10:50 AM

omfg
i totally messed up the release date i missed it till now O_O
and i was sooo waiting for this....
well at least i dont have to w8 that long for the next episodes like you other guys ;-)

dl it right now

///caaaaant wait!!!!////

09-01-08, 6:51 AM

Akiko's situation was predictable but I still enjoyed this very much. The cast was great, I didn't even recognize Lelouch and the animation was beautiful. The Battlestar Galactica camera moves were a bit too much though...

09-01-08, 12:36 PM

lol, battle star - Well. It's kind of depressing when you think about it, if everyone in that diner was a robot, then, where exactly is the twist in the series for the plot. i mean, it's kind of crazy thinking that some house appliance would mimic a human to the point of merely blending in.

09-02-08, 10:10 AM

Corrupt_Id said:

I loved it; the music, the animation, a beautiful atmosphere, all of it was great. I like the concept, I'm interested to see where it goes with it. However as Absolute_Steve pointed out, it does seem like the typical sci fi story. Hopefully that will change with the next ep.

09-02-08, 4:12 PM

It was interesting, to say the least. Nothing special really, but interesting.

09-02-08, 6:34 PM

Very good first episode. Really got me interested. Kind of reminded me of I, Robot at first lol.

09-02-08, 10:15 PM

I really liked how they brought Asimov's 3 laws of Robotics into this anime series. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this one quite a bit. As many have already pointed out, the atmosphere is great.

The interesting thing is that unlike many other android sci-fi stories, which seem to center around an android rebellion of some sort, this one seems to be more about seeing things from their point of view. In the spirit of the 3 laws, a robot is INCAPABLE of either injuring or disobeying a human. This, however, does not prevent them from being individuals and having a point of view.

Like I said, I think this is going to be quite enjoyable.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kimmiechan

My Claims:

09-03-08, 1:07 PM

Very interesting little jig, being 15 minutes was very disappointing. I was just getting into it and then it was already over! The camera effect was god awful though, I felt like I was going to throw up every time it moved.

Still, looking forward to more; it'd be nice if this was more than just six.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?

09-06-08, 2:00 PM

This was a really cool anime i wanna see some more

09-10-08, 2:09 AM

Interesting start, I hope they will keep up their good work. One of the best ONA series I've seen up till now (except The Diary of Tortov Roddle). This story would have deserved to be a TV series =/

09-10-08, 12:24 PM

Really enjoyed it! And unlike some of you folks, i even liked the shakey camera style. It worked for me. The animation was stunning. As was the story; that, to be perfectly honest, i didnt quite get the end of it straight away, but i think i understand it now hahah.

Very much looking forward to the next installment.

09-14-08, 3:36 AM

Can't wait for the next episode

09-18-08, 11:09 AM

HOLY SMOKES. A friend told me about this series and now I understand why he tried to strangle me for each day I blinked and said "Oh, that one - I forgot to watch.". This is the second ONA I've ever seen, and somehow I'm slowly coming to enjoy this type of anime more - free reign for imagination and ideas.
Concerning this episode, I must say that I absolutely adored the picture in the ending with the two persons, one human, one android, and the arrow saying 'resembles' between them. It really mindfucked me when they flipped the arrow. I'm stuck, hooked and will not leave the sinking ship anymore. o.o;;;

09-23-08, 8:50 PM

I also like the shakey camera movements, animation, and plot.

You can definitely feel why the main character is so uptight (cmon, these are androids and they are wanting to act like humans? its a scary thought if it actually happened)

i would befriend my android though.

and the main character started blushing in the cafe? isnt that hypocritical towards his views?

09-24-08, 12:00 AM

kimmiechan said:
I really liked how they brought Asimov's 3 laws of Robotics into this anime series. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this one quite a bit. As many have already pointed out, the atmosphere is great.

The interesting thing is that unlike many other android sci-fi stories, which seem to center around an android rebellion of some sort, this one seems to be more about seeing things from their point of view. In the spirit of the 3 laws, a robot is INCAPABLE of either injuring or disobeying a human. This, however, does not prevent them from being individuals and having a point of view.

Like I said, I think this is going to be quite enjoyable.

I agree, with most shows like this the robot or androids either go out of control and attack people or they fall in love with their master and start disobeying rules. This show seems to limit those two options which makes it feel more realistic. I'm sure at some point the usual might happen but I'm crossing my fingers that they keep it like this.

I found this episode really entertaining.

09-24-08, 9:33 PM

Beautiful animation! It's just amazing. When I first started watching I wasn't sure because it seemed a little bit overdone, but this sure took me by surprise, it's done in such an original way.

09-25-08, 2:47 AM

first of all... i didn't recognize lulu's seiyu, jun fukuyama, doing the voice of that guy 0_o
and the story's quite unique, same as the animation. im beginning to love the idea of androids acting like humans in a special place xD but one episode per 2 months is still quite a bummer >.>

Maltos said:
The animation was stunning.

it has to be since it comes only once every two months! ><

09-25-08, 5:25 PM

a very interesting concept....which is both fascinating and intriguing.
cant wait till next ep
dam the stupid 2 month wait >:
oh well, spose it builds some form of anticipation xD;

09-26-08, 10:30 AM

Holy wow this is amazing.

I got all sorts of feelings mixing up in here.
First, this whole "robot-holic" thing reminds of the otaku stigma thing.
And so then with that it builds a conflict. Not wanting to appear what a part of what is basically a modern version of a robot otaku, and considered a growing societal problem much as hikikomori is considered a societal problem today. And on the other side, learning that to not be this way, is cruel to robots.

So you either get to be an otaku, or a robot hater.
It's so sad and melancholic, but at yet it's so alluring story-wise.
I'm absolutely addicted to this situation and story saddening as it may be.
Because it gives a really very personal interaction to the whole human robot equality struggle.

And gosh this is just too darn slow coming for such an amazing show.
I could go for some more of this. Like right now.
In fact I just about feel like going back and watching this several times again.
That energetic girl Akiko, the storekeeper Nagi, the Rikuo's maid Sammy, there's a lot to go back and meditate on.

In fact, before posting this message, I just did.
I think I've fallen in love with Akiko, and I don't care if it makes me a robot-holic.;_;
Modified by ukonkivi, 09-26-08, 10:42 AM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices