Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2011 12:33 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kotoha sharing her power to Akina so he would save the enemy, who is also half human.

Hime cannot be controlled, and Akina was able to save Kyousuke without sending him to another world.

Rin got caught, and she said she hates everyone so they are not involved. Hime and the couple who cared for Rin were shocked. Even Kyousuke knows the meaning she said.

Old man's tsundere encouragement phone call ftw!

It's not easy to get near the enemy, but with the group's power, the enemy was saved. lol @ everyone falling.

ED is ballad ver? Niceee~~

Rin's friend is now working there as well! And Hime accepting her as a part of the town!
tsubasaloverNov 15, 2011 12:39 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 20, 2011 2:09 PM

May 2009
Well, I wanna see the other Hunters
Nov 20, 2011 6:07 PM

Mar 2009
Nice ep, the fight scenes were pretty good,

scytheboy13 said:

+1
Nov 20, 2011 6:20 PM

Jan 2008
Zakuro was cute in her new dress =3
Nov 20, 2011 8:07 PM

Oct 2010
scytheboy13 said:

At the very least, I wanna see Lila too, so yeah, +1
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Nov 20, 2011 8:13 PM

Sep 2008
Lame, not even a single dadadadadadadadadada...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2011 9:07 PM

Dec 2007
Leap250 said:
scytheboy13 said:

At the very least, I wanna see Lila too, so yeah, +1

Well, I really would have liked more of the timid Zakuro-chan in the epilogue rather than mostly dancing around it. But yeah, we need Lila now, and we can get the proper Zakuro 2.0 while we're at it.
Nov 22, 2011 5:38 PM

May 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Lame, not even a single dadadadadadadadadada...

YeahXD Needed more Kotoha! lol.

Like most others, I'm hoping there'll be one for the Song of Flowers arc.

Mar 30, 2012 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
You know, what's the point of keeping faithful to a manga if you can't even produce the same style?

That's what my initial thought was and it continued to bug me throughout the three episodes. I enjoyed the scenery animation and all the battles, I think a much better direction taken over the tv series adaptation. But at least the tv series brought us the author's distinct angular faces and sharp eyes. This style this time around was too cutesy and moe. Couldn't get past it.

Anyways, at least it was nice seeing Rin's arc depicted.
Apr 2, 2012 2:32 PM

Oct 2011
Sir_Inqed said:
You know, what's the point of keeping faithful to a manga if you can't even produce the same style?

This.

I can't even believe what I'm seeing. I adored the first Yozakura Quartet soooo much, the style being one of the main reasons. But this.. this was.. so horrible. T_T

The awesome characters is the main reason I watched.

Troll face in a serious moment..? really?
LuxtressApr 2, 2012 7:33 PM
Sep 22, 2012 11:54 PM

Sep 2009
For some reason, I love the characters in this show. I kinda wish they would do a proper remake (not just a 3 episode OVA).
Mar 10, 2013 11:47 PM

Jan 2013
I personally think that one of the reasons that the art style is the way it is in this OVA is because the director, Rio-Timo, is a Key animator.
In anime, the character designer usually is the art director, if the director - who is usually a skilled artist - does direction and character design, he can basically control all aspects of production.
Also, it's cheaper, easier (For his style of animation as well), and Rio-Timo may not have been able to get in touch with Suzuhito Yasuda to help with production, despite the animations being bundled with the Manga volumes of Yozakura Quartet.

That's just my opinion. If you have the skills, why not us it?
Even if it's a bit disappointing.

Great series by the way much more emotion, humor, and excitment packed in these 3 episodes than the whole 12 episode series, and dare I say, more character development as well (Watching the 12 ep series did help that bit though.)!
My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please click the link below if you're interested.
http://thesearethetwins.wordpress.com/

Please check out my profile to see what anime I recommend.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
Apr 28, 2013 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
Denvious said:
Nice ep, the fight scenes were pretty good,

scytheboy13 said:

+1

This. Hopefully more or be shown in the upcoming series. Otherwise, these OVA episode were okay I guess. 6/10.
Jul 1, 2013 11:06 PM

Jul 2012
For me, the TV series was just missing.... something. I still can't point at something tangible and say "There! That's the reason I didn't like the TV series so much." Whatever it is that was missing, though, was apparently included in the OVAs. I liked this 3-shot quite a bit better, and knowing there's another group of OVAs coming makes the whole deal sweeter.

scytheboy13 said:

this too :)
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Aug 13, 2013 7:28 PM
Jul 2012
Sigh... they didn't show the other hunters. T.T
Sep 6, 2013 12:52 PM
Jan 2009
The fight scenes were pretty cool but tbh it was kinda silly how Zakuro suddenly became good
Oct 17, 2013 9:34 AM

May 2013
Great comeback, much much better than the main serie

All the action all the fighting and all the reasoning

Great 8.5/10.

Mal. 9/10
Nov 1, 2013 9:50 PM

Jan 2008
Finished watching just to get more understanding of the new series. Really enjoyed it.

I doubt you'll respond but
RyuRobin said:
The fight scenes were pretty cool but tbh it was kinda silly how Zakuro suddenly became good

I honestly found it more silly how Zakuro suddenly became bad.
Dec 8, 2013 2:59 AM

Apr 2013
At least now I know what happened between episode 8 & 9 in the new series.
Dec 9, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The last OAD shooting at large, in all terms! Graphically shines like the first, and in the aspect of the story is still what we were missing, ie the ammore that Rin and Zakuro have! * _ *
I can not wait to arrive the next OAD to savor the next few hunters! : D

Always-Hungry said:
At least now I know what happened between episode 8 & 9 in the new series.

Unfortunately I had already seen the ninth episode, so I've discovered a part of the story told in these OAD! A shame, but it was still nice to see them entr'actes simaptici that, there have been even here! XD
Dec 10, 2013 2:56 AM

Apr 2010
Good eps. I liked them very much, now onto eps 9+ of the current series! Not gonna bother with the recent OVAs until the current series is finished. No point watching a later arc when I ain't seen the all of the one preceding it.
Jan 4, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2012
ahh it end..
the final fight is okay I guess.. finally can see some fanservice and comedy.. that moment when kyousuke said he want to help.. XD
zakuro finally became more cuter and prettier :3
Feb 20, 2014 10:17 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending of this 3 episode ova's and well I sure liked the overall balance between action and character development! The atmosphere sure felt different but well it sure was more pleasant! So I wonder what the new season will offer us!
May 7, 2015 9:58 PM

Feb 2013
This was a good OVA. I really hope Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta continues from this point. I want to see the other hunters!
May 8, 2016 8:19 AM

Mar 2014
VERY GREAT OAVs ~ !!! Visual and Action <3 its enough to say that ~.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2016 8:20 PM

Mar 2015
Fight was better on previous episode. Some panty flash is entertaining.

Ao is my new favorite character because of her panty flash at the end.

3.6/5

Overall: 8/10
Sep 26, 2016 5:12 PM

Aug 2012
-Yeah, I don't think I like this arc very much
-Was it not entirely obvious from the beginning that Rin didn't actually mean that
-That was a pretty convenient phone call, but I suppose it makes sense. Seems like the townspeople basically live in the shelter, though
-Alright, the hand slap from Hime is more how I remember this show
-That ambulance ride was a really weird spot to bring up some crucial Rin backstory
-Does Zakuro just not know what an emergency shelter is
-How did the B-team get up that tower so quickly
-Alright, that bluff was also characteristic of what I enjoyed about the 2013 series.
-I'm still not exactly understanding what Rin's rambling about in regards to a starry sky
-Having the sky blocked by a falling Hime and Akina was a nice touch, though
-Somehow it was really heartwarming when Hime hid her face in her scarf
-The Hime scene right after the credits was more like what I expect of this show, but not so much "spare all the hunters"
-Yeah, I just don't understand Rin's obsession with the sky so the final scene wasn't too special for me

This episode had all of the good parts of the entire OVA, which was pretty disappointing to me. Even then, the good moments took up less than half of the length of the episode and were usually Hime-related. The good moments in the 2013 series involved a lot more than just Hime, so the OVA was also a disappointment in that regard. In addition to content, the fights and other heavy animation sequences were pretty subpar compared to the 2013 series, and most of it actually felt visually underwhelming.

Basically this sub-arc was a huge step down from the 2013 series.
Dec 29, 2020 10:10 AM

May 2020
What a good teamate. And trolling the dragon power tho. Idk why this Ova have an intense fight so it makes me excited.
Feb 28, 2023 9:57 AM

Jan 2009
so i guess Akina only purified or tuned the evil aura of Zakuro since they say she is still half yokai so her Necromancer powers are still intact

very action pack OVA i like it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 9, 2011

24 by deg »»
Feb 28, 2023 3:40 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Oct 9, 2010

77 by deg »»
Feb 27, 2023 11:46 PM

» Question

SpectreHound - Jul 20, 2011

8 by Di-Dorval »»
Jan 17, 2016 8:09 PM

» Kid, I like the quartet mp3 release date?

Arcangel92 - Nov 24, 2010

4 by Katalystx »»
Aug 23, 2011 1:31 PM

» Trailer

viral_hun - Jul 14, 2010

11 by Ozfahz »»
Apr 2, 2011 1:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.