MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Watching anime via mobile phone?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Games, Computers & Tech Support »» Watching anime via mobile phone?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
11-14-11, 8:09 PM

I would like to start watching anime from my mobile phone but i don't know any good application that streams anime and i can't watch animes from regular sites .
So is anyone actually watching anime from his phone? If yes, how can i do the same?

11-14-11, 8:24 PM

Yep, I have a few sites I watch from on my iPod touch. It's pretty much my nightly ritual that I go to bed and watch a few episodes of something before I doze off.

anime4iphone.com is easily the best one, with a wide variety of series, it's updated daily and the episodes are always good quality.

iphoneanime.net is a little glitchy, but it is still a good site with a wide variety of series.

animeboy.org/mobile is the newest one I have found, and has a long list of series. A good site.

Also, if you can get the Crunchyroll app, I recommend it. Plenty of free anime episodes on there.

If you're looking for specific episodes, you can always look on Youtube, Veoh or Dailymotion, if you're desperate enough.

11-14-11, 10:14 PM

I personally use the Crunchyroll app, on my ipod touch.

11-14-11, 11:13 PM

I watch one episode on the crunchyroll app every night before going to sleep.

11-15-11, 1:04 AM

Woah my friend does this too. I wouldn't be able to do this though because I just can't imagine myself watching Anime on such a small screen... D=

11-15-11, 1:05 AM

Wait.. dont you have to pay to use crunchyroll?

11-15-11, 1:15 AM
News Team
It's not required to pay to use crunchyroll. I still haven't become paid member there. If you want to watch it as soon as it was aired in Japan, then you may. I'm usually in other countries that is not supportive, so I just don't pay.

anime4iphone.com
iphoneanime.net
animeboy.org/mobile

Interesting, but isn't it illegal? I heard that I cannot watch those illegal stuff through apple appliance like i-pod touch. (I have one and I only can watch youtube)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

11-15-11, 1:16 AM

weird.. the mobile app sez 3g streaming is only available to premium members....

11-15-11, 4:20 AM

I like my eyes waaaaaaay too much to do that to them.

If I am going to watch something, I will do it on a device that doesn't require I have it right in my face for up to half an hour ruining my vision in the process.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.

11-15-11, 4:41 PM

mrsilentbreeze said:

I usually use the sites listed above but is this app available for android phones?

11-15-11, 8:39 PM

OriginANIME said:
Woah my friend does this too. I wouldn't be able to do this though because I just can't imagine myself watching Anime on such a small screen... D=
Nabi123 said:
mrsilentbreeze said:

yea i could never do it....

I usually use the sites listed above but is this app available for android phones?

im pretty sure theyve got an android app too

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫

11-16-11, 2:28 AM

My cell doesn't even support internet, or apps. Shows how technologically advanced I am.

11-16-11, 6:23 AM

@Kipcha , ty i ll try the sites later , i want to make it my nightly ritual too unless i have something better to do ;) . About crunchyroll , that application requires an account and that account requires a credit card number, i don't trust sites which want something like that .
@Sukunai , i like them too but i also like animes and i ll soon have to forget about them and my computer unless i start watching via my phone ;D ( college >.< )

11-16-11, 12:20 PM

I download anime in .avi format and keep it on my phone since i don't/can't have an app for that. An anime with 24-26 episodes takes up like 5-6 GB and since I have a 16 GB memory card I don't have to worry about that space

11-19-11, 12:17 PM

I never understood watching anime on a phone or ipod. Maybe I just like my high quality or easily reading subtitles, but it seems like such a hassle instead of just keeping it on a computer, with a bigger and higher quality screen.

11-20-11, 5:01 AM
Anime Moderator
Not by phone...too small for me, but sometimes I use PSP - easier to read the subs. My preference though is still the bigger screens of the monitor or TV.

11-20-11, 5:23 AM

I don't. I've watched youtube videos on my phone but when it comes to Anime, I couldn't.. for the fact that I like to watch it on the largest screen possible, and ofcourse that I wouldn't be able to read the subtitles clearly. I don't see the point in choosing watching it on my phone over my television.

11-20-11, 5:24 AM

I don't like it. It makes the anime less enjoyable.

11-20-11, 8:29 PM

why on the tiny screen mobile phone? at least do it on the ipad or something, can barely read the subtitles on the phone

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n

11-21-11, 4:06 PM

I watch from my phone all the time but I use zumocast application with my DROID bionic. It streams the files I download on my computer to my phone. It is pretty sweet but doesn't support 10bit yet.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices