MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Why does everyone like Kyon so much?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu »» Why does everyone like Kyon so much?

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
04-22-12, 3:39 AM

He's pretty normal and realistic, unlike the other characters in the show(I'm not saying they're bad or whatever)...
He's also the male lead of the show and the narrator of the story(his narrating is quite interesting)...
There you go...

04-22-12, 3:41 AM

Because his narration.

hi

04-22-12, 4:00 AM

Just like some others have said he's about as normal and realistic as it gets.
Of course he has his great narration, is pretty intelligent, funny and is pretty much just a normal guy like you and me. He gets frustrated, annoyed, happy and isn't your generic perfect guy. Hell he even tries to hit Haruhi out of anger from her acting like a bitch! He has his flaws and actually looks like a normal male instead of being a pretty boy like in a ton of other high school based animes.

Honestly I love having a Kyon type character in the school animes I've watched more than any other type of character. Sorry if he seems boring to you but I find having a real down to Earth character fantastic. We all have our own tastes though.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

10-27-13, 11:10 AM

GodlyKyon said:
ProdiGene said:
HA! What did you expect? Well, first of all, he's the only normal one in the group. Don't tell me you're like Haruhi and keep on pressing chicks' boobs for the show; the same way you're not like the others. The only one people can relate to is Kyon, therefore. And hey, he is intelligent. He's likable, too. The only part I don't like about him is that he has a liking for Mikuru when he can do the same with Haruhi, who of course is a much better candidate. Mikuru is too stupid to be Kyon's type, therefore Kyon would be better off with Haruhi.

Mikuru is the type of character fine in real life, but you cannot stand when looking at in a show. I personally like Yuki......

People like that aren't fine in real life. I've known a chick like that and the whole shy crap is like pulling teeth.

11-06-13, 1:50 AM

Because if you looked past everything that's stated, you would realize Kyon is the real god and Haruhi is just a puppet to look like the god of the world, so Kyon won't realize it he's the real one being observed, after all: (light novel spoilers)

actually I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm half asleep so no one take me seriously xD
Rewrite Common Route was written for masochists

If Gen Urobuchi and Jun Maeda worked on a story together, I wonder how many people would end up emotionally broken :3

11-06-13, 2:15 AM

In a series full of weird characters and extraordinary things, he stood out the most because he was the normal one. Plus his toughs that we here throughout the show are very funny and even awesome sometimes.
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

11-06-13, 2:40 AM

smilewolfy said:
Because if you looked past everything that's stated, you would realize Kyon is the real god and Haruhi is just a puppet to look like the god of the world, so Kyon won't realize it he's the real one being observed, after all: (light novel spoilers)

actually I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm half asleep so no one take me seriously xD

The theory that he is the "god" existed before Sasaki made an appearance but thats a nice way to put it too.
------------------------
Those that watched the anime,even without reading the LN, and still think that he isnt intelligent probably dont know what intelligence is.
Throughout both the anime and LN Kyon describes himself as a normal human and a average student.

Then he became a
and especially in the LN his knowledge is above that of an average student.

And you like the original Yuki,who is not human,not realistic and barely has anything to say,AND WHEN SHE DOES you say you didnt like her?
spiderexpert said:
phnsr said:
I don't want to spoil it for you.

you're so edgy.

Classic "everything about this series sucks" reply.

11-06-13, 2:44 AM

Kyon is the narrator of the show so you either like him or hate him

11-06-13, 2:47 AM

ssjokg said:
smilewolfy said:

The theory that he is the "god" existed before Sasaki made an appearance but thats a nice way to put it too.

oh i see, I never really looked around the net that much when I watched Haruhi, though I did hear about some people saying Kyon was the key to locking Haruhi's powers, but never that he was the real god *A*

If Gen Urobuchi and Jun Maeda worked on a story together, I wonder how many people would end up emotionally broken :3

11-06-13, 2:50 AM

notsureifsrs said:
He's actually fairly intelligent for a normal human.

That and he's a snarky douchebag. Glorious.

His thought process is fairly realistic.

He's a good character

spiderexpert said:
phnsr said:
I don't want to spoil it for you.

you're so edgy.

Really wish I was as cool and edgy

11-06-13, 2:55 AM

smilewolfy said:
ssjokg said:
smilewolfy said:

oh i see, I never really looked around the net that much when I watched Haruhi, though I did hear about some people saying Kyon was the key to locking Haruhi's powers, but never that he was the real god *A*

Well key to her powers and god is the same thing if you think about it.
Now we just have to wait and see if he indeed is all that.

11-06-13, 3:00 AM

more like, wait and see if Tanigawa actually bothers to write anything new >.>

11-06-13, 3:11 AM

smilewolfy said:

Well he isnt writing a simple love comedy or a simple sci fi.As long as they are good I dont mind waiting.

11-06-13, 3:16 AM

ssjokg said:
smilewolfy said:

Well he isnt writing a simple love comedy or a simple sci fi.As long as they are good I dont mind waiting.

yeah you've got a point there ^_^ Novels 10 and 11, I say, were worth the 4 year wait (even though I only got into haruhi a year before they came out, still think they were worth the wait)

hopefully he does something with

11-06-13, 3:18 AM

Yeah I find him boring as well. I honestly couldn't see what Haruhi saw that made her fall for him, not that I like Haruhi
Maybe cause I can hardly relate to him.

11-06-13, 3:22 AM

ssjokg said:
smilewolfy said:

+

11-24-13, 5:02 AM

The question you should be asking is why Haruhi is liked by so many people. Seriously Haruhi is just a selfish, arrogant brat that just do what she wants without consenting other's around her. I really dislike her character and without Kyon talking 80% of the time I would have dropped this show already. Without him it will be boring as fuck and be annoyed by Haruhi.

11-24-13, 5:12 AM

venomx924 said:
The question you should be asking is why Haruhi is liked by so many people. Seriously Haruhi is just a selfish, arrogant brat that just do what she wants without consenting other's around her. I really dislike her character and without Kyon talking 80% of the time I would have dropped this show already. Without him it will be boring as fuck and be annoyed by Haruhi.

Like when she

Even without that it is already shown in the anime that she has changed.

11-25-13, 8:11 PM

ssjokg said:
venomx924 said:

Like when she

Even without that it is already shown in the anime that she has changed.

yep, she asked everyone if they were not busy in the movie, instead of ordering them around :3 but it's too bad, i think hers, and everyone elses characters really start changing after the disappearance, too bad anime only viewers can't see that, yet~

01-09-14, 12:59 AM

i dont like kyon personality too, so im agree with your part on it, but i cant say he is unintelligent for a 15-16 year old boys going to the lyceen

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices