Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 14, 2011 9:44 AM

Dec 2009
Anime_Name said:
Rurushu88 said:
where is the blood ? :D

Why should there be blood? Killua just sprayed those guys with a can of Pepsi and they fainted from the shock.

Why couldn't i figure this/
Nov 14, 2011 9:56 AM
Nov 2010
windy said:
i was upset about them agreeing with tonpa's shit but then HNGGGHHH out of fucking nowhere

Yep, I'm glad that happened, too...:P

This episode was really good, Gon, Killua and Netero were pretty awesome there!
Nov 14, 2011 10:00 AM

Feb 2008
i never liked the fact that they never really explained why gon is naturally skilled. we do know he is incredibly observant (and naive at times) and very adaptable. his intuition is also top notch, but they never really explain his strength. or if its something that is basic to all kids of this world.

still that was a nice spar they had.
Nov 14, 2011 12:18 PM
Aug 2007
kisami said:
i never liked the fact that they never really explained why gon is naturally skilled. we do know he is incredibly observant (and naive at times) and very adaptable. his intuition is also top notch, but they never really explain his strength. or if its something that is basic to all kids of this world.

Gon's an extraordinary kid. Plus, he's Ging's son. That's pretty much why he's so naturally skilled. Everyone keeps saying he's a freak and such.

We're just talking about it. It's just as possible that they're following part of the old anime and let people who didn't pass sneak aboard so they're not counting those two participants in the count. It's quite as likely that they're not dead YET. Or, the anime messed up and forgot to change the number of participants in the script.
Nov 14, 2011 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
Kage said:
kisami said:

Gon's an extraordinary kid. Plus, he's Ging's son. That's pretty much why he's so naturally skilled. Everyone keeps saying he's a freak and such.

Plus he lived next to a forest, while hunting and exploring he got some experience and strength.
Nov 14, 2011 1:07 PM
Jun 2010
kisami said:

Yeah they should have explained it. If I didn't already watch/read HxH I'd be confused as to why he's able to do all these things but, then again, I'd probably assume he was one with nature since he caught that huge fish in episode 1.

I wonder if they'll show his past and how he found out about his dad and Kite and all before the chimera ant arc because the end of greed island sort of has to do with his past. They should show it before the end of greed island. It'll probably be an episode where Gon is telling Killua about his past or when

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Nov 14, 2011 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
Trick effing tower...I can't wait *___* They better not destroy it!

Killua is awesome, but Kurapika will always be my favourite.
Nov 14, 2011 1:42 PM
Aug 2011
Watch your head, Gon!

fighting over a ball was awesome!
Nov 14, 2011 2:59 PM

Apr 2009
Double the pacing, double the fun. This episode was a blast! There was all the good parts from original, plus they removed that failed blacklist hunter girl, plus no emo Kilua side! Couldn't be done better. No blood? Dunno, i don't pay attention to small details. Anyway, 10/10.
Nov 14, 2011 5:51 PM

Jun 2009
Best episode yet, I believe. I’m happy they managed to show Killua’s dark side – with the childish artwork and characterization it seemed tough to do, but they pulled it off. The animation improved this around, as well. Wait a moment, is that hinted blood?! Am I seeing things? Man, isn’t this good.

Now, I am dying to see the Trick Tower – it was my favourite back then. A week, why is the wait so tortuous? I-I just hope the important moments aren’t done in a roundabout way or completely altered and over-softened. I’d rage.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Nov 14, 2011 8:37 PM

Sep 2008
This ep was much better than episode 6. Get the feeling I'm going to rage at episode 8 though :(
Nov 14, 2011 8:38 PM

Nov 2007
I enjoyed it! :D
O_O
Nov 14, 2011 10:15 PM

Mar 2011
good episode. Original anime is far more dark, complicated and intense but new hunter x hunter is good too ( but too cheery IMO)
Nov 15, 2011 8:53 AM

Jul 2010
skullking123 said:

Then read the manga.

See how kid friendly both of them are now?
Nov 15, 2011 10:48 AM

Sep 2010
Screw this, I can't wait any longer. I'll just have to start watching the old series then!
Nov 15, 2011 3:42 PM

May 2008
enjoying this series can't wait for more!
Nov 17, 2011 2:33 PM

Aug 2010
I guess it's a good thing I barely remember a thing about the original, seeing as I'm enjoying it more this way.
Nov 22, 2011 2:08 AM

Aug 2010
Enjoyed this episode.
Nov 28, 2011 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
I think I'm gonna like the battles in this serie if this "game" was any indication of how the action animation is gonna play out. I can't wait for the real nen based combat to start.

Dec 7, 2011 8:38 PM

Feb 2010
Hahaha, Netero and especially Gon doesn't fail to amuse me~
and Killua shows THAT side of himself..>_>
Jan 18, 2012 9:43 PM

Jul 2010
even if there were a bunch of things they could have improved on, this episode was enjoyable as hell, especially love the ending, they did just like the original, and just like Gon, i was satisfied with the outcome.
skullking123 said:

omg it really was dark in the original, and i mean in both senses.

Queen_Stars said:
Great ep, this anime fails to bore me...

Gon's possitive attitude is lovely - instead of aiming to win, simply aim to accomplish something.

Killua's treatment of his family = creepy + funny.

but than again, that "shining" never happened in the original, though i think he did say atleast he'll fight against them if he had to.
Kage said:
kisami said:

We're just talking about it. It's just as possible that they're following part of the old anime and let people who didn't pass sneak aboard so they're not counting those two participants in the count. It's quite as likely that they're not dead YET. Or, the anime messed up and forgot to change the number of participants in the script.

well for the 1st ten episodes of the original they explain all that. im actually wondering how no one has asked that yet. a random main character who is just somehow superhuman and they never tell us why.

Apr 24, 2012 10:48 AM

Apr 2012
"I stabbed my mother in the face" LOL KILLUA I CAN'T--

YOU NO MENTION THAT BEFORE WHUT--

I'm glad they're starting to show Killua's dark side, though. This is so different from the original... even if the thing with Anita wasn't in the manga, I loved that side story XD. Sad to see it gone. It's interesting seeing how it actually was meant to play out,though.

This is so cheerful... is it wrong to hope it gets darker? I love it, but XD I also loved the moments when the old anime got really dark and surprised me.

(Tell me they won't censor Trick Tower... I'm actually going to cry if they do...)
Apr 24, 2012 12:57 PM
Apr 2012
Vapz said:
"I stabbed my mother in the face" LOL KILLUA I CAN'T--

YOU NO MENTION THAT BEFORE WHUT--

I'm glad they're starting to show Killua's dark side, though. This is so different from the original... even if the thing with Anita wasn't in the manga, I loved that side story XD. Sad to see it gone. It's interesting seeing how it actually was meant to play out,though.

This is so cheerful... is it wrong to hope it gets darker? I love it, but XD I also loved the moments when the old anime got really dark and surprised me.

(Tell me they won't censor Trick Tower... I'm actually going to cry if they do...)
They do censor it. The heart is wrapped in the guys shirt, and he doesn't squeeze it. Instead, when the guy reaches for it and falls down, Killua puts the heart back into the guys hand. Although the do show a shadow silhouettes of the guys head being cut off from the hisoka fight. (Which was shown at all in the original.)
Apr 25, 2012 6:18 AM

Jul 2009
I wasn't surprised that they cut out the girl who's parents Killua murdered that was in the original anime. I think it slightly took away from the more sinister side of his character but I guess they showed that when he killed the two hunter candidates instead.
Jun 3, 2012 11:27 AM

Jan 2011
Still enjoying this adaptation. Wish it was as dark as manga. Killua would have sliced their heads. Haaha. I'll take what I can get, I guess. Gon is so honest, it's cute.
Jun 13, 2012 5:54 AM

Nov 2010
Oooh, Killua is freaky! Also, the orgasmic sound Hisoka made had me giggling. xD
Jun 24, 2012 6:09 PM

Mar 2007
Killua is so awesome. Loved this episode.
Jul 11, 2012 10:53 PM

Jun 2009
I remember in the first series that the "game" took place on the deck of the airship, which I thought was a terrible idea given the fact that someone could fall (which I think Gon almost did) so I'm glad it's different in this version. I'm also glad that the revenge thing didn't play out in this as it felt as though it undermined the atmosphere of Killua, the sort of sinister feeling you are supposed to have at this point in the series.

Going to have to agree that the music is pretty crappy, though. The censoring isn't really bothering me. Whether you actually see the act or not, the way Killua handled the two guys is enough to get his character across. I wonder how the Spider arc will go....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 28, 2012 10:22 AM

Dec 2008
This is awesome! Great action scenes, even without a real enemy! XD
^_~
Aug 6, 2012 2:06 PM

Aug 2010
Killua is awesome, he is definitely by favorite character so far followed by Hisoka.
Aug 6, 2012 9:34 PM

Aug 2012
Hikarusuke said:
So Killua is like Sasuke Uchiha in a way. He is so awesome and badass and this was my favorite episode so far. 5/5

...not my favorite comparison. xP
Aug 8, 2012 11:11 AM
Mar 2012
5/5 great episode
Aug 17, 2012 2:30 AM

Apr 2009
Silhouettes and silence were a good substitute for gore in that scene to show Killua's dark side, but my problem is how Netero addresses 42 remaining applicants in his speech at the beginning, and the narrator says 42 remain at the end as well. So those two didn't just avoid getting ripped to shreds, but are in good enough condition to keep doing the exam? It would have been so morbid and effective to confirm their death by just saying only 40 remain at the end, this decision seemed like some kind of "don't worry kids, Killua doesn't kill good guys" measure. HxH with such toned down violence is just weird. But the ball challenge was really well executed, pretty intense, 5/5.
Aug 17, 2012 5:25 AM

Mar 2012
VictimOfFate said:
Silhouettes and silence were a good substitute for gore in that scene to show Killua's dark side, but my problem is how Netero addresses 42 remaining applicants in his speech at the beginning, and the narrator says 42 remain at the end as well. So those two didn't just avoid getting ripped to shreds, but are in good enough condition to keep doing the exam? It would have been so morbid and effective to confirm their death by just saying only 40 remain at the end, this decision seemed like some kind of "don't worry kids, Killua doesn't kill good guys" measure. HxH with such toned down violence is just weird. But the ball challenge was really well executed, pretty intense, 5/5.

No they are dead :P
End Zionazism
Feb 22, 2013 5:20 PM

Jan 2012
best continuity: two episodes later, orio's cheek is still swollen from hisoka

wtf moment: hisoka orgasming from toppling a tower of cards

best bromance: gon/killua4ever for obvious reasons

funniest moment: "so i stabbed my mom in the face, my bro in the side, and ran away from home. im sure theyre mad at me" with funny derp face. "when i become a hunter, ill start by capturing my family" with dream bishounen face. KILLUA IS NOW MY FAV CHARACTER, AND SHOULD BE YOURS TOO. hes also occupationally evil (?)

best scene: get the ball from geezer cause of the 1000 ways the boys scheme and hurt themselves. and gons determination at the end was sweet.
May 27, 2013 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
I don't mind that they didn't put the part of the girl, it was boring. great episode
May 30, 2013 2:00 AM

May 2012
Wow.. those movements by Gon and Killua were well done! Nice animation.. love the game against the old man. Gon's positive and cheerful attitude is so adorable to watch :) And Killua's pissed off attitude is interesting too. Those two are indeed a good match although a little opposite.
Jun 7, 2013 3:08 PM

Nov 2011
Coolest old dude ever. :3
Jul 20, 2013 12:56 PM
Jul 2012
Pretty good episode.
I swear Gon is just like Naruto in a good way. His actions to the old man is pretty sweet.
The old man is awesome.
Killua is getting to be more interesting.
5/5
Jul 28, 2013 5:39 AM

Dec 2012
The ball challenge reminds me of Kakashi's bell challenge from Naruto. It was just as entertaining too, Gon really got unpredictable with that old man. Killua seems to have a hell of a blood lust when he's in a bad mood.

And hah at the rookie crusher walking in on everyone sleeping, I hope he's the only one who's a nervous wreck by the third phase.
Dec 31, 2013 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
damn that old-timer just used a conqueror's haki on them!

"Is he really an old man??".. okay this made me laugh.

the narrator in the end said there are still 42 applicants... but Killiua killed 2 of them right?? he didn't?? of they're not applicants??
Dec 31, 2013 2:10 AM

Jul 2013
PrimeX said:
the narrator in the end said there are still 42 applicants... but Killiua killed 2 of them right?? he didn't?? of they're not applicants??
He included the dead. XD
GalekCDec 31, 2013 2:15 AM
Mar 13, 2014 5:31 AM

Dec 2012
Super fun episode, was looking forward to it. I only just realized that Netero cut his hair later on lol.
Mar 27, 2014 3:47 PM
Oct 2009
There it is, there it is! Killua's dark side that I've heard/seen things about :D I'm a novice to Hunter x Hunter but I somehow know he's dangerous n badass n super strong n all that kekeke ;D I LIKE HIM! n I like how he likes Gon! :D
VampireOjouChanMar 28, 2014 5:16 PM
Mar 27, 2014 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
he killed them? o-o
Mar 27, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
Ferolex said:
he killed them? o-o

http://img.batoto.net/comics/2011/08/08/h/read4e3fbddc91a46/12.jpg

Seems like it.
May 4, 2014 5:56 PM

Jul 2007
Nice episode, loved the little game that netero played with gon and kulua. It is the first time you get to see just how far apart there lvls are. Kulua's shikyoku did catch netero's attention. To be able to create a high lvl assassins skill at his age is something that is exceedingly exceptional for a kid of his age. Better watch it netero, Killua's coming for you. This scene was very faithful to the manga, really excellent.

Tompa up to his old tricks again, trying to confuse gon and killua. Where is Kurapika when you need him?

Killua finally starts to show his dark side. I wonder if an investigation will go out, on the bases of two applicants being murdered on the airship? This murder scene was heavily censored, in the manga, it actually shown there heads decapitated and one of the guys head was clean cut in two. Though i realize most of the networks will never allow such gratuitous violence.

May 4, 2014 6:07 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, it's important to note that at this point (and for quite a while) this series was in a morning slot. Keep that in mind and you may be surprised by the level of violence as it goes on.

Still, they got across that Killua killed those guys and imo it was a pretty well done scene.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 4, 2014 6:48 PM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Yeah, it's important to note that at this point (and for quite a while) this series was in a morning slot. Keep that in mind and you may be surprised by the level of violence as it goes on.

Still, they got across that Killua killed those guys and imo it was a pretty well done scene.

Yeah im aware of that, they actually changed the time slot now though to the evening just recently.

May 4, 2014 7:03 PM

Jun 2009
Yep, I can't remember if it was in the 90's or the 100's though. I think it was the latter.

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kisami - Jun 23, 2012

208 by zainpog »»
Apr 13, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

875 by zyluhs »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.