Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2011 5:05 AM

Jul 2009
Primity said:
every time Toori steps up to the plate I expect him to do something badass. but he's still aloof as ever. not that I'm saying that's a bad thing, I'm just waiting to see what kind of cool hidden abilities he has.

even if he acts like an idiot, you just get a sense that he knows exactly what he's doing. In the 2nd fight if he send out anyone else Neito will just forfeit straight away and ruins the hierarchy. In the 3rd fight he does the perfect reverse psychology so that even if he lose the debate the opponent, who is great at debating from what i'd heard in this ep, will already lay out the plan for them that they could just go ahead and execute the plan.

And we can always wait to see what his "grand fart" can do :P
Nov 15, 2011 5:34 AM

Jan 2009
Nanop33 said:
Ahahaha, now Masazumi has to argue for saving Horizon because she has the rebuttal

lol nice one, Toori just won by giving up
Nov 15, 2011 3:31 PM

Sep 2011
jeroz said:
even if he acts like an idiot, you just get a sense that he knows exactly what he's doing. In the 2nd fight if he send out anyone else Neito will just forfeit straight away and ruins the hierarchy. In the 3rd fight he does the perfect reverse psychology so that even if he lose the debate the opponent, who is great at debating from what i'd heard in this ep, will already lay out the plan for them that they could just go ahead and execute the plan.

And we can always wait to see what his "grand fart" can do :P

this is precisely the point. Toori knows exactly what he is doing, and if he is able to apathetically accomplish the objectives that he needs to without giving his full effort, then I'd like to see how much more he can do when he's really trying.

to put things in perspective, we are aware of Masazumi: it's apparent that she's a person of a high position, and yet she's only the given the title of Vice President within the Ariadust Academy. Toori is the full blown President of the Student Council, which is indicative of some sort of presence or ability more qualified than that of Masazumi. the suspense to see what he is capable of is killing me.

or maybe I'm completely wrong. i've never read the VN and this is all speculatory so maybe there's a chance that Toori is just being Toori with no masks or limitations or anything.

Nov 15, 2011 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
Aoi uses Troll...is super affective!!

Ok now that lame joke done good episode,Naomasa Mecha was pretty cool,I like the paying to get more power....no that far from reality.

Using Suzu was a good idea since knights must always protect the week,well almost always.

Toori using reverse psychology is brilliant since many people say Masazumi knows Horizon so she will say that they need to save her.

Will get more next episode!!
Nov 15, 2011 7:54 PM

Jun 2008
jeroz said:
In the 3rd fight he does the perfect reverse psychology so that even if he lose the debate the opponent, who is great at debating from what i'd heard in this ep, will already lay out the plan for them that they could just go ahead and execute the plan.

It's not just giving them the plan either. Since many people are watching the debate, Masazumi's argument could sway the people of the Far East into rebelling against Testament. The alternative is to walk away and immediately lose her position.

But I'm not sure that's the end of it. The rules for these duels are fairly malleable. It's possible she could figure a way around Toori's gambit.
Nov 16, 2011 2:31 AM

Jun 2010
I've gotta say this Anime is improving. Im glad I didn't drop it.
Nov 16, 2011 7:45 AM
Jul 2011
Reverse psychology. Best used by Aoi.
Nov 16, 2011 9:59 AM

Oct 2007
Now this is like the best show in this season for me.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 16, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2011
Seriously if Parliment and the Senate had debates like this i would watch them all the time. Before the show aired i thought i would end up hating Toori but he truly is one of the best male leads this season. Also these fights are so imaginative its amazing.
Nov 16, 2011 1:48 PM
Nov 2010
Nice one, Toori, I'm looking forward to the next episode...
Nov 16, 2011 3:24 PM

Sep 2008
Dang, does Shiro have access to a Midas Money printing press?
The episode was enjoyable though; at least there was one mention of a grope.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2011 5:34 PM

May 2011
Why... why.. THIS GUY IS BRILLIANT. Trololol man this Tori. Respect.

Tori may look like a dumbass but he's made all the right call in this episode. Especially sending out Suzu to face Neito, he knew what her plan was and made a genius move. He also decided to go first on purpose acting like a moron I'd say.

Neito is soo moe ♥ and so is Suzu. Haha you gotta love all the expressions at the end, especially Masazumi. Na..na..na..NANI?!!?!?
Nov 17, 2011 10:00 AM

Apr 2010
That business guys fighting style was interesting in a way just caring about money nothing else and it seems his girlfriend is into money as well.
buying a entire market just to win a fight is just insane.
Neito and Suzu looked nice together especially the way Neito saved Suze from falling.
And then her bad feeling afterwords tho that move she did was a bit sly.

Tori is just unpredictable tho we all know he is just messing with Masazumi.
Nov 18, 2011 9:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Secret Trolling Skill pwns all.

Good episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 19, 2011 12:34 PM

Oct 2011
I don't like Toori. I just don't like main characters like him :( I don't find perverts funny, I find them creepy and desperate. It only kind of works in anime but then I think about real life and I'm like...eww these people would disgust me. Apart from that, I quite loved this episode :) There was good and interesting action!! And I finally understand something about the plot! So congrats Horizon, I'm finally liking your show :D
Nov 22, 2011 7:05 PM

Nov 2007
lol Toori just lol

decent episode until that then it's like .... lol wtf

still have no idea who half the characters are
Dec 13, 2011 7:09 PM

Dec 2010
rofl. Man toori is one of the best male characters this season. I will add him to my favorite list on my blog. So goofy and funny.

This anime is just as crazy as mawaru penguin. lol
Dec 29, 2011 8:25 PM

Mar 2011
Paul said:
Is Toori using reverse psychology or just being lazy?

I'm not sure if Toori knows that Masazumi knows Horizon (P0-1) but I'm guessing Masazumi will probably end up telling Toori to go help her and thus the reverse psychology from Toori choosing to give up instead.

Though that's just a hunch.

Seems brilliant! If he chooses to give up then the girl is forced to debate in favor of saving her, right? If so he's letting her debate his view. At least I'm hoping this is what happens :D
Jan 8, 2012 6:07 PM

Aug 2010
Oh Toori you never fail to surprise me with your swag
Jun 5, 2012 11:57 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, I'm loving this so much.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 1, 2012 10:57 AM

Feb 2012
I couldn't follow it.
Aug 21, 2012 6:59 PM

Feb 2011
I didn't know that Toori is a Flat-Chested :V

Apr 2, 2014 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
Toori is either insanely stupid....or he's bloody brilliant.
Jun 11, 2014 10:09 PM

Sep 2011
Well that sure was anticlimactic.

jeroz said:
remember kids

You too can fight against a giant mecha if you take ECONOMICS!!

LOL srs
Jul 15, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2012
Best tactic evar xD Lol pretty nice episode and the episode in general was quite lovely!

Also the first time I've seen a Detroit Metal City Reference: http://i.imgur.com/coBbuS0.png

Let's see what's next though!
Aug 22, 2014 2:04 AM

Jul 2012
Loved it.

The mixture of comedic/serious scenes flowed much better this episode. The discussion in the beginning was also engaging.

Lastly that ending was awesome. Starting to think that Toori is using this trope to veil his real abilities. Which if true can work both for and against him.
wu-weiAug 22, 2014 2:12 AM
Sep 29, 2014 6:00 PM

Mar 2013
The jiggle physics on that engineering girl..
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Nov 14, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2013
Ahahaha! DMC reference! that was so random! and speaking of random.. wtf Tori? Anyway, I really don't think that he's an idiot. I think he's just keeping that facade and deep inside he is a genius, clever bastard. But we'll see.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

116 by blacknemesist »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

102 by GiantHunter »»
Jul 22, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 27, 2011

80 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 7, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

77 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:16 PM

» Do the MC ever get powerful?

Amamiya__Ren - May 24, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
Jun 9, 2022 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.