Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 23, 2011 9:41 PM

Jan 2008
I do agree this situation seems rather ridiculous. I just can't fathom the extent to which they're ignoring Mashiro's health, as it's a serious matter that clearly shouldn't be ignored. The editor-in-chief is only doing the responsible thing, I'm sure it's hard for him to make that decision, but honestly...I understand being passionate about something, but it's silly to put all of that over your health when you're only a teenager in high school.

Nonetheless, I'm not hung up about it or anything, I'm enjoying the show. :)
Nov 28, 2011 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
I suppose this is just a cultural thing with me, or maybe I'm just becoming an old fuddy-duddy, but the Editor-in-Chief doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Mashiro is gonna need surgery and recovery time. He hasn't been told not to draw at all, but he's shown that he doesn't know how to responsibly take care of his health. Sure the "until graduation" point may be pushing it a bit, but it is still a reasonable thing to do. If he were to collapse again I wonder if everyone would be so proud...?

Nov 29, 2011 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
Hmh, took me a while to realize he won't be going to school while hospitalized, but after that I'm totally on Mashiro's side - he'd have so much more time to draw that there's no way he'd be pushed to the same point again (properly managed of course, and using that extra time to rest instead of "work harder"). I was expecting someone to use that as an argument...
Dec 7, 2011 11:51 PM

Feb 2010
More MashiroxAzuki moments <3
and wow, if everyone who knew Ashirogi went on hiatus, that would be..interesting to see :P
Jan 23, 2012 8:29 PM

Aug 2010
Hiramaru doesn't cease to amaze me...I love that guy XD

The whole boycott thing sounds amazing!! LOL I just want to see the mess they are going to spur up :P
Feb 1, 2012 1:45 AM

Jan 2012
BOYCOTT!!!!! FUCK YEAH!
Feb 3, 2012 12:56 PM
Jan 2012
I love it !!!! Very amazing ep !
Apr 4, 2012 9:58 AM

Jun 2009
Wow...

As much as I love how the rivals work together... I just can't support them. They're killing Mashiro. Though it's true that putting them on hiatus till April is un-called for.

I'm in favor of Ashirogi Muto on hiatus for 4 month, but not til April. Allowing him to draw is just beyond stupid.

Eiji, awesome as always.
Hiramaru, even more awesome than usual.
Fukufa, a dumb ass as always, but pretty bro.
Aoki... Still unpredictable...
Nakai, the most realistic of the bunch actually.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2012 11:48 PM

Aug 2010
Loved the boycott idea

Definitely do not want to see them on a hiatus
Apr 16, 2012 9:24 AM

Nov 2010
Ooooh exciting!
May 11, 2012 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
Holy shit even Aoki is agreeing with this! Dayum! They have freakin good friends I tell you.
Aug 3, 2012 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Mashiro/everyone supporting him to keep drawing in the goddamn hospital before a freaking surgery was fucking insane.
I mean seriously, I know Trap was a new series and all so it'd be bad to put it on hiatus when it just got popular but that was just them assuming their fans would ditch them and it's not like they couldn't churn out another series if that happened anyway.

The editor-in-chief's decision was perfectly reasonable since drawing in high-school was what made Mashiro collapse in the first place, so it was pretty immature to portray him as a 'villain'.I like the guy.(he kind of reminds me of Jose Mendosa from Ashita no Joe, only with glasses.)
Speaking of ANJ, the reference they did of it last episode with Mashiro relating the situation to that of Joe's last battle was contrived as all hell, and it kinda disturbed me.The context in both situations is COMPLETELY different.

As for the boycott, Fukuda being the hot-head he is makes it kinda believable, but it's still dumb.
Yeah, they're trying to 'help' Mashiro but in reality all they're doing is just going along with his bullshit about drawing manga in the hospital.
If you ask me, it's not friendship when you're leading that person towards the path of self-destruction just because you have a desire to compete with them, no matter how much they might want to compete too.That's called being a dick.
And the fact that the goddamn editors, who should behave like adults and be the voice of reason are (apparently, I forgot if they do or not) going to jump on this bandwagon is...Ugh.
Hiramaru wanting to join immediately was funny though.

Sigh.After re-experiencing Bakuman through the anime, I've come to find that it didn't hold up as well as I thought it would.But then again, it's been a really long time since I've read this part in the manga and I couldn't tell good from bad back then.
skapandiAug 3, 2012 3:02 PM
Sep 18, 2012 3:51 PM

Nov 2011
I understand both sides, but I guess Mashiro should get the final decision on whether he needs to go on a Hiatus or not.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 1, 2012 7:47 AM

May 2011
This is something I love to see, the whole team getting together to stop this hiatus. So damn exciting! :D
Oct 3, 2012 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
Dat boycott, oh I'm loving this.
I can't wait for more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 21, 2013 2:34 PM
Jan 2012
this is so unrealistic, I'm actually gagging.....a bunch of spoiled, rotten kids band together for the sake of a retard thinking 'I'M FINE, I DONT NEED A LIVER TO DRAW....I'M FINE, I DONT NEED TO EAT OR SLEEP EITHER' by holding the company that gave them all a chance hostage with a threat of hiatus

i wouldnt want to give up MY own personal dream that busted my ass for some short sighted, obnoxious kid who doesnt get to draw for a couple of months.....boo fucking hoo, if mashiro had to wait till he was 33 like nakai, before he got his first serialization, mashiro wouldve jumped off a building already....does that mean that mashiro is more determined and dedicated than nakai? no, it means he cant have it his way....so he'll throw a tantrum until he gets it. same thing selling out to mainstream because he thought it would gain him #1 status.
May 26, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, but don't agree with it.
Jun 26, 2013 2:08 PM

Aug 2011
Lol eiji's words at the very end were awesome "SO EXCITING"
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Sep 8, 2013 10:14 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was simply amazing. I really loved the discussions with Miho, the visits in the hospital, their meeting for the boycott and the editors' meeting.. You could feel the emotion. 5/5

And team Fukuda ftw! It's amazing how they all work together for their comrade/rival's sake! This is what good rivalry is about. Today and in history many people just wished mischieve on the people who seem to be rivals, but this is how it should be.
Dec 10, 2013 6:25 PM

May 2012
Until April :| well this doesn't look good but well the others are going to boycott it so let's see what that will do and damn Miho sure is cute :3
Dec 20, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2013
His health is more important. why cant they just publish a chapter once in two weeks>
it will give him more time to rest
Jan 5, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2011
Thalandor46 said:
Of a fairly large cast of characters, there are two people who don't sound bafflingly stupid at the moment. They are, of course, the editor in chief and Mashiro's mother. I can't fathom how anyone can even suggest that Mashiro keep up with the schedule that put him in that position in the first place. You don't have to stop drawing, you don't have to stop working on Trap. You have a guarantee that your serialization will continue at a point in time where there is no longer anything (like, say, high school) in your way. There is absolutely no reason you can't recover, finish school, and come back stronger than ever. But no, everyone and their dog is horrified by such an idea. "My uncle who died because he was overworked was proud of the fact that he overworked". What in the hell is wrong with these people!? I swear this has gone from one of my favorite shows to one of my least favorite shows in just two episodes.

This. I was gonna post this in the episode 6 discussion, but I decided that I would see if it would be resolved in episode 7. Unfortunately, I only got more frustrated, and I think my marathon of Bakuman is going to go on a hiatus until I am not as aggravated. I hate to be one of those people who are venting their frustration, but this episode's subject matter is seriously affecting my enjoyment of the series. Overly zealous determination is the origin of countless stupidities in the world, and I'm not liking the message this anime is conveying in the past 2 episodes.

For those people arguing that Mashiro is worried about the worst-case scenario that his manga does not become popular again, think about the worst-case scenario on the opposite side. His health worsens and Mashiro becomes physically unable to draw. Even without death, that is a much worse destiny than a cancelled manga series.

On another note, I think that you can easily use these past two episodes as an centerpieces on a lecture about the pros and cons of libertarianism.
PurpleYamJan 5, 2014 6:45 PM
Jan 21, 2014 12:08 AM

Mar 2012
Things are getting pretty good.
xMusicMohawk said:
Hiramaru doesn't cease to amaze me...I love that guy XD

The whole boycott thing sounds amazing!! LOL I just want to see the mess they are going to spur up :P

Yea Hiramaru is a pretty interesting character :)
Jan 27, 2014 4:15 PM

Aug 2013
Poor chief, I feel him. I'm sure it's not wha he want, but he just don't want to see what happened to Mashiro uncle happen to him. He was surely deeply affected by his uncle death.

Mashiro and Miho are cute when they are together :3

Poor Miura, having to deal between his boss and his demanding autor xD

I was pretty there would be a boycott from the mangaka at one point because of the scene in the OP where they are all in front of the chief desk.
Ā«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.Ā»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 10, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
Mashiro I support you! Real men don't need rest. All they need is their burning spirit! It's time to go Gurren Lagann style. Row Row Fight the Power!!
Feb 21, 2014 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
This is bullshit !
It just reminds me of how awesome the characters are..
Hiramaru is freaking hilarious.. HAHAHA.
Aoki even gave me a shock.. she's damn cool yo.
Jun 17, 2014 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
I guess we can't really empathize with Mashiro and how he feels as we are not Mangaka; but I'd probably try to continue my series, if hospitalized, if my manga was at a status like theirs.
I walk a lonely road because everyone else fell off
Aug 1, 2014 9:31 AM

Jan 2013
I can't believe they are all acting so "omg he should draw manga while he is hospitalized due to too much manga drawing".

Chief Editor is right.
Dec 19, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2014
i totally agree, Niizuma…
EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 18, 2015 4:31 AM
Aug 2014
Mashiro has clearly shown he can't keep up the drawing and go to high school, so it makes sense to go on hiatus till then. But for some reason everyone but the chief and his mother want him to go back to drawing as soon as possible so that he can end up in the hospital again or worse. WTF?
Mar 8, 2015 12:13 PM

Nov 2013
These guys are awesome, just like a family supporting each other to such a point. I'm jealous, never had that kind of support in my life from friends. A reason why the Japanese culture is so strong and captivating.
Apr 2, 2015 6:10 AM
Jan 2015
My favorite episode so far in this season, I love how they might all leave just because of the stupid restriction, I hope the Chief Editor will change his mind :)).

Oh and Azuki and Saiko are really cute together :P <3
Mar 4, 2016 1:47 AM

Oct 2012
See!! See this!!! Togashi Yoshihiro-sensei
They won't Hiatus no matter what!!
Determination and loving their own manga
xD

This is truly an exciting episode
Really looking forward for next episode
They're all like invisible hero, dark knight for Ashirogi Muto xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 7, 2016 5:11 AM

Jul 2009
I didn't think an episode could be worse than the previous one but here we are. Every character is stupid except the mother and the editor-in-chief. Like can we really just take a second to look at how fucking stupid everyone else is being? "YEAH, GOOD FOR YOU MASHIRO, WANTING TO PUT YOUR WORK AHEAD OF YOUR HEALTH. THAT'S TOTALLY FINE AND WE ALL SUPPORT YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU MIGHT DIE!!"

Literally so bad but I'm one of those people who refuses to drop anime so I'ma just power through this but holy fuck I hope Mashiro ends up dying. That would be incredibly satisfying.
Mar 28, 2016 2:49 AM

Mar 2014
Lovebirds <3 ~ !!
The Dream of Anime Adaptation . Manga and the World .
"Ultimate love is accepting everything your partner wishes for, and helping it to achieve it ." I cannot disagree with that .
Society of Manga ~ . Comrades-in-arms ~ . Emotions all the way ~ .
Last stance of aspiration . Boycott .
SUPER GREAT EPISODE !!! R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2016 2:37 AM

Sep 2013
both sides are wrong....Mashiro should be following the doctor's orders.... and the editor in chief shouldn't be putting the work in hiatus until they graduate.... the hiatus should only be after Mashiro recovers.

also the duo has shown that they're capable of drawing while going to school(hattori's test, and the earlier parts of serialization)....... the reason Mashiro collapsed was because the duo(specially mashiro) thought that they needed to improve their work more in order to be nizuma.

also we can't compare Mashiro's uncle to the duo because the uncle had no assistant....... so he had to do everything from the names, to the manuscript etc... but Mashiro has takagi, and the 3(4 including Miyoshi) assistants.
Jan 31, 2017 9:25 PM

Dec 2014
Exciting is right! This is taking a completely different turn than what I thought it was going to and I'm loving it.
Feb 5, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
Authors vs Editors, dis gun b gud. But seriously, I loved seeing all the support Mashrio and Takagi are getting, though I think Mashiro should still stop drawing manga until he is healthy ...
Jul 26, 2017 7:02 AM
Jul 2014
Fucking stupid tbh... if he took a bit more care of himself this wouldnt have happened. Just let him rest bruh, azuki is lame too. I didnt expect to get so frustrated by an anime
Sep 13, 2017 9:24 AM

May 2016
Hiramaru loved the idea since his lazy xD 5/5
Oct 23, 2018 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
You know Saiko was right about one thing at least. This is his fault. But not because he suddenly got sick enough to require a fucking operation. But because he allowed his body to even reach that stage through sheer neglect. What did he think was going to happen? That he would fucking power through the problem with just guts and willpower?!
DON'T FUCK WITH ME! REAL LIFE AIN'T THAT EASY BITCH!!!!!!!!

And yeah, okay maybe putting them on hiatus for the rest of their high school year is harsh, but FUCK, the boy just does not listen! Forget even about a 3-month hiatus, he didn't even a want a single one!

Really hope the Chief Editor settles on a compromise and makes Saiko take at least a little holiday. But then again, this has way too much shonen overtones so i'm not holding on to too much hope...
Feb 9, 2019 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
Really, these fucking people........
The boy is having major body failures from over-working, and they think not letting him kill himself by work is hideous.
Mar 15, 2019 8:37 PM

Jul 2011
It's incredible how shallow-minded some people are in the comments. I guess that's why I've avoided reading through episode discussions on MAL for a while now, but it never ceases to amaze me how some people just don't understand the characters.

I was worried about the direction season 2 was going to take, but I couldn't be any happier with the route they've taken so far. Interested to see how things will play out from here.
Dec 16, 2019 1:57 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see their unity in boycotting for Mashiro's sake - even Aogi's in on it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 29, 2020 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
Ohhhh, exciting!

Apr 1, 2020 12:26 AM
Apr 2020
Yea this episode didn’t do it for me. It just doesn’t make sense. The Chief Editor is right in making him wait till after high school to Continue his series. Of course his health is more important. Why would any friend risk their friends well-being to draw manga? Sounds like bad friends to me tbh. The writer definitely tried to make Saiko seem as if he’s doing something heroic and manly and it’s kind of contrived and dumb. Like bro... you’re gonna die... lol. This show was perfect till this moment but imma still finish it šŸ˜¬
Oct 2, 2020 9:33 AM

May 2018
So they're boycotting, huh. I hope it succeeds ;)
Nov 3, 2020 10:24 PM

Jan 2019
Every adult in this manga except the chief editor and Mashiro's mom are kids on adults' bodies, case closed.

Actually, if I was chief editor I would've just cancelled TRAP, after all there are a lot of mangakas trying to enter. Mashiro could die from overworking, and that would make a pretty bad image for Shounen Jack since he's underage.

Mashirou saying he will quit high school is such a backstabbing move from him. When he got his mom's approval, he swear he wouldn't let manga interfere his studies. Now not only he didn't fulfill that promise but wants to straight up destroy it. What an annoying brat.

I think the stupidest part was "My uncle died from overworking but he was proud of doing so!" Mashiro, go jump from a bridge then, you asshole.
RottenOrangeNov 3, 2020 10:29 PM
Jan 12, 2021 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
The Team Fukuda (and Hiramaru) boycott is here! Of course it makes sense for Ashirogi Muto to be on hiatus despite the bset efforts from Mashiro to draw while hospitalized and ultimately that part of the conclusion is the right call, but the main conflict that everyone has with the Chief Editor (including some of the editors themselves), is the fact that he has to wait all the way till he's graduated from high school, months after he would have recovered due to the fact that Moritaka's uncle passed away due to overworking and how the Chief Editor was seemingly close with Nobuhiro and wants to prevent that from happening again. I feel like regardless of what happens and when it returns, TRAP will still be in tons of danger regardless due to the fact that the delay would lose a lot of the audience really quickly and would be too much ground for them to recover like how they managed to turn it around eventually after 5 chapters.
Jan 31, 2021 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
This is so endearing. (; All his rivals and their editors disagree with the decision to place Ashigori's manga on hiatus. (; It's always nice to see the number of comrades a protagonist makes accumulate in an anime.
Pretty much every major character is rooting for Mashiro and risking themselves to fight for him. ;-;
10/10 episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

72 by NatsukiCookies »»
Apr 16, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2011

169 by LuffyetWade »»
Apr 16, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

78 by Karva1 »»
Mar 29, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 24, 2012

150 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

105 by DZento »»
Jul 26, 2023 9:44 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.