Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2008 3:41 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, full back story of Hone Onna's past and her friends.
The hell sequence this time freaked me out > <
Dec 6, 2008 11:11 PM

Jun 2008
YAY! We learn about Hone Onna! I've been waiting for this episode. Definitely a tragic, yet in the end it served for a better ending.
Sep 27, 2009 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
What the fuck?
So, Hone Onna is that Tsyu-neesan right? So, she was the girl that got sold into a club by her master, and got betrayed by her friend while escaping, and yet her friend in the end told her that she wouldn't understand regret and sorrow?

That's some bullshit. I don't know what exactly happened. XD
Jan 17, 2010 5:13 PM

Nov 2009
that was very confusing but at least we got 2 hear her back story and everything X3
Feb 16, 2010 1:21 AM
Oct 2009
After Tsuyu transformed into Hone Onna, I wonder if she ever got her revenge on her master who sold her to the brothel.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
May 26, 2010 9:09 PM
May 2010
I don't like how Kion does things....she sells out her friend and yet she doesn't even apologize when they meet again...i think she is the one who doesn't understand Onna's suffering

She really never learns her lesson, and she again jumps away from Onna
jimmy2027May 26, 2010 9:13 PM
May 30, 2010 4:47 PM

Mar 2010
agreeing with jimmy about kino. how can anyone feel pity for her, especially hone onna, who received the blunt of her stupidity? i REALLY hate her... UGH.
Oct 31, 2010 7:23 AM

Jul 2010
So.. Onna is brought back to "life" with the souls of all the spirits of the womans who have been betrayed? That's such a sad story :(

Really good episode, it was nice to learn about her background even thought it was so sad and full with pain and betrayal
Feb 2, 2011 4:34 AM
Jul 2010
Animefanx3 said:
So.. Onna is brought back to "life" with the souls of all the spirits of the womans who have been betrayed? That's such a sad story :(

Really good episode, it was nice to learn about her background even thought it was so sad and full with pain and betrayal

I agree it was really sad but I would not have changed anything in this episode...
Feb 7, 2011 1:08 AM
Feb 2011
Well...i would...i wish they were somehow able to get revenge on those two, the master who sold her, and the one who killed her.
Feb 19, 2011 6:49 PM

Oct 2008
Hona Onna's backstory now. So she was a real human instead of an item. o_o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 2, 2011 5:02 AM

Oct 2009
Kiyo is a stupid b**tch! How dare she do that to Hone-Onna.
Apr 19, 2012 8:07 AM

Jul 2011
we learned how hona died yay! as for that woman she was stupid for chasing after a guy who didnt love her and the man was an ass i laughed at how he died
Aug 9, 2012 12:26 PM

May 2012
Great back story from Hone Onna, the main story was rather weak but it seems that it had connection with her past, what the ubume spirit had to do with this was quite interesting but also a tragic end!

Even though the main story was rather weak the back story was quite nice!
Aug 21, 2012 3:44 PM

Jun 2011
Oh my gosh, so sad... ><'' Poor Hone Onna... such a sad way to end for her life =(
I just can't understand Kiyo, how could she be like that even after all that time? D: Imho Tsuyu ended up suffering just as much if not more, yet Kiyo dared to say that she can't understand how she feels... ffs
This was definitely the most touching and best episode so far, Hone Onna's background story was the best of the trio.
Sep 18, 2012 11:20 AM

Apr 2011
Onna deserves to go to heaven... she such a mother Teresa, except sexy.

I bet no one, would forgive Kiyo for what she done... betrayal.

and regarding the present. That guy Makato was such a creep. I hope its not a common thing in Japan, when guys leave girls like that... and his torture was freaking creepy.
Sep 22, 2012 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
sluts gonna sluts

women.... not even once
Oct 3, 2012 10:51 PM

Mar 2012
Hone Onna's back story! I've been waiting for this!!
That old guy at the beginning, you're an idiot for running away from Hone Onna. How could you? I'd totally have a drink with her anytime!!

Kion has some serious problems. Well, almost every person in this series anyway.

At first I thought Kion was Hone Onna's daughter. Lol. That would be a good twist, no?
Dec 18, 2012 5:24 AM

Jan 2012
think this is the reason im still watching this second season, finally got some an in depth back story for hone onna!!!
Mar 3, 2013 10:26 AM

Oct 2012
aero said:
Wow, full back story of Hone Onna's past and her friends.
The hell sequence this time freaked me out > <

i dont have anything to add to this,
Mar 28, 2013 3:25 PM

Aug 2008
I was taken aback when I learnt that Tsuyu was actually Hone onna. She seemed so different and innocent back then. Out of all the backstories, I think I like Hone onna's the most.
Dec 3, 2013 9:49 PM

Jun 2012
good to see ore about Honne onna her past and damn this hell scene was good. i feel sad for the pregnant woman she didn't even untied the thread her self and still she will get sent to hell.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 24, 2014 12:47 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode, very tragic, even though it was quite easy to imagine.
But how they manage to put all into feelings and stuff, was very enjoyable.
But the Hone Onna's story is the one I like the less.

Kiyou was so raging.
Onna was too comprehensive. I would have slapped the hell out of her now and then if I were in Onna.
Oct 13, 2014 9:36 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty confusing episode though not as mindfucky as episode 19.

Hone Onna backstory yay!

Kiyo's such a fucking bitch for selling out Onna when they were trying to escape the brothel.

Onna is love. Onna is life. ♥

The music that was playing during that punishment scene was so fucking badass!

Sep 30, 2015 11:18 PM

Aug 2014
Kion was a bitch who deserved what she got. And that must have been the most fucked up hell punishmetn in this anime.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Apr 16, 2016 6:59 PM

Jan 2014
Hone Onna backstory!

That punishment scene! O_O
May 5, 2016 3:40 PM

Feb 2015
Finally Hone Onna's backstory... i dunno what i was thinking but i didnt expect it to be this sad.

Kikuri's still being adorable and gawd! the punishment scene! I think I'm going to be having nightmares about it.
Nov 20, 2016 6:51 AM

Aug 2014
honestly i wanna be bffs with hone onna
Xtina is my mother!
Jul 11, 2017 3:24 AM

May 2015
Creepy baby is creepy.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 12, 2017 8:03 PM
Mar 2016
good episode, nice to know onnas background
Nov 2, 2017 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
Moonfrost said:
What the fuck?
So, Hone Onna is that Tsyu-neesan right? So, she was the girl that got sold into a club by her master, and got betrayed by her friend while escaping, and yet her friend in the end told her that she wouldn't understand regret and sorrow?

That's some bullshit. I don't know what exactly happened. XD
sugarcane said:
After Tsuyu transformed into Hone Onna, I wonder if she ever got her revenge on her master who sold her to the brothel.
danmess said:
Hone Onna's back story! I've been waiting for this!!
That old guy at the beginning, you're an idiot for running away from Hone Onna. How could you? I'd totally have a drink with her anytime!!

Kion has some serious problems. Well, almost every person in this series anyway.

At first I thought Kion was Hone Onna's daughter. Lol. That would be a good twist, no?

i think u mixed up some stuff
Onna is that Tsyu-neesan who worked there before & Kiyo was the girl who got sold by the young master & Tsyu tried to convince her to escape cause that this life will ruin her, but Kiyo was still naive dumb girl & so the boss lady as good cause she bought her new nice Kimono just like to young master bought her a gift & she was fooled & that made her betray her well that & that the fact Tsyu kept telling her to escape she god annoyed by it cause she wanted to stay cause boss lady is nice to her

Tsyu didn't care about escaping, she just wanted to get Kiyo out so she would have better chance for life, Tsyu was use to it, but Kiyo was just starting there so she could still change her life if she gets out soon

OMG are ppl blind cause they mixed up the2 Tsyu & Kiyo XD

darkerealm said:
I was taken aback when I learnt that Tsuyu was actually Hone onna. She seemed so different and innocent back then. Out of all the backstories, I think I like Hone onna's the most.

read above, did u mix them up as well? onna seemed do be as much innocent as she seems to be right new if u don't know her occupation :), that other girl seemed really innocent that's why i asked
Sugram22Nov 2, 2017 12:18 PM
Jan 14, 2018 10:14 AM

Oct 2015
Best punishment scene ever xD

"Kawaii baby da!"
- Wanyuudo

Hone-Onna forced her way on Kiyo (albeit for her sake). Kiyo is an innocent/"dumb" girl who probably never thought her loving master would go so far as to kill her "rebel" friend. Hone-Onna was stupid in her own right because she hadn't considered the fragility of Kiyo's heart enough despite experiencing much of the same things in the past. Forcing someone into doing something rarely works..

And "Ah, there she is! Cluecless girl!" I swear Kikuri is the best. The entire main cast is wonderful at this point :)
Jun 8, 2019 7:52 AM

Jun 2017
Nice hell punishment this time, the guy deserved every bit of that freakish punishment.

On the bright side, Hone Onna's bak story and sweet moment with Ai.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 30, 2021 10:50 AM

Mar 2019
I hate Kiyo so much. We got to see Tsuyu's past (even though she has a different name now). Not as good as Wanyuudou's, but at least it made sense.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 12, 2022 5:17 PM
Dec 2017
hone onna is ara ara hot.

May 25, 2023 11:59 AM

Sep 2017
I'm guessing these backstory episodes are just fillers.
خ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

64 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Antarael - Nov 13, 2008

61 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.