Episode Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Eureka Seven Episode 48 Discussion

Pages (2) 0.4 [1.4]
Poll: Eureka Seven Episode 48 Discussion

08-10-10, 11:46 AM

yamato21 said:

I think Anemone and Dominic is the second best pairing to Renton and Eureka !!

No-no-no!!!
AnemoNic is the first best pair! Maybe the most beautiful anime pair ever. I fall in Anemone's monologue and already re-watched this episode 7 or 8 times.

10-29-10, 5:04 PM

anemone's seiyu did a really good job! she's so great!

12-16-10, 7:04 PM

cyruz said:
I cried; beautiful episode.

I've cried so many times through this whole series...almost a bit too much!

That said, I was spoiled that they would survive. However, I didn't really know how. This is thanks to one of the best music videos I've ever seen--in particular, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXyB98UDmpk .

01-02-11, 8:14 PM

That was really a cute, emotional, epic episode.
Seeing Anemone change by looking how much Renton & Eureka love each other was great, because I knew she liked Dominic. But she had to deal with all of that controlling from Dewey.
Anemone & Dominic are a cute couple, (But not as much as Renton & Eureka). >.>

06-03-11, 1:43 AM

I really like Dominic and Anemone. Gulliver was just so cute :3

06-19-11, 11:08 AM

that heavy pet finally did something useful, in the air :)

the end of TheEND is grand too

08-27-11, 12:45 PM

Good episode. Nice with Anemone and Dominic. I do hope NIrvash made it.

And I don't think I've ever despised a villain as much as Dewey. Ever.
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”

09-26-11, 8:10 PM

cyruz said:
I cried; beautiful episode.

02-11-12, 9:43 AM

I cried sooo much in this episode.
And i'm a man.

Anemone and Dominic. So cute *-*

Poor theEND.

04-09-12, 7:16 AM

One of the best romantic moments I've seen in anime.
Modified by VictimOfFate, 04-09-12, 7:24 AM

06-08-12, 8:21 PM

Shiawase said:
I cried too, it was so awesome. I was all OMG DOMINIC DIED and then I saw him and then it was like OMG HE REALLY DIED THIS TIME and all. XP
Yeah he really takes a long time to fall.

I'm still waiting for Eureka and Renton to kiss... We got Dominic and Anemone right away but still none from the stars! haha.

Holland is crazy going out in the 303 knowing what it will do to him and in his condition.

06-17-12, 7:12 AM

cryed too but... thing happening, i cant understand

06-25-12, 10:20 PM

This is the end...
My only friend, The End

T_T

07-29-12, 3:14 PM

That was great. So glad Dominic and Anemone got to do that.

Although - how sad a line was that: "If... I can live on, I'll go and buy a small mirror somewhere and practice smiling".

"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"

09-08-12, 12:37 PM

hmmm cheesy scene with Domi and Anemone, I still don't like her but Dominic is adorable and cute. I'm happy they are happy. Was cheesy but somehow it was cute...I'm a bit confused about how to feel honestly :) ..but when will Renton and Eureka kiss? honestly if the show ends without them kissing I will go berserk >.<

09-11-12, 10:06 PM

Kiss and confession while falling.
OTP out of discussion.

09-21-12, 8:52 AM

Amazing episode

10-07-12, 9:11 AM

;_;

lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site

10-09-12, 6:51 PM

One of my favorite anime couples!! I think they're more interesting then Eureka and Renton.

11-07-12, 9:02 AM

i know this is an older post but when they were firing the solar weapon and one of the solar beams passed a destroyed ship
is it possible that that is the ship triton from eureka seven ao looks like it to me and just wondering if anyone else noticed that?

11-25-12, 3:16 PM

I cried the entire time during the Dominic and Anemone scene I really hope they have a happy life and don't die. Please don't pull a quick one like that Bones my feels won't be able to handle it. T^T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

11-26-12, 9:46 AM

Osaka117 said:
Am I the only one not okay with what happened? I mean, up until now, Anemone didnt care about anyone or anything, and now suddenly she loves Domenic? Come on, just because the scene was all sparkly and pretty, doesn't mean you have to accept it. And is it just me, or is that falling through the air thing been done a million times before? I know it happened in Spirited Away, but I have the feeling that Ive seen it many times before too...

Anyway, looking forward to the epic battle that's sure to happen next ep

Exactly how I felt she didn't care for anyone and didn't show any emotional progress but all of a sudden she's in love it was random and changed her character in just one episode I thought it was corny as crap

01-04-13, 9:01 AM

Amon-Raw said:
Osaka117 said:
Am I the only one not okay with what happened? I mean, up until now, Anemone didnt care about anyone or anything, and now suddenly she loves Domenic? Come on, just because the scene was all sparkly and pretty, doesn't mean you have to accept it. And is it just me, or is that falling through the air thing been done a million times before? I know it happened in Spirited Away, but I have the feeling that Ive seen it many times before too...

Exactly how I felt she didn't care for anyone and didn't show any emotional progress but all of a sudden she's in love it was random and changed her character in just one episode I thought it was corny as crap

That's how a Tsundere person works, they want to appear unapproachable to avoid people but deep down they harbor great feelings of love towards the people who they are so harsh on.

01-19-13, 10:41 AM

no come on anemone is a kuudere

also is it just me or could everything have been solved by a sneak attack on the Oratorio #8 before any of this happened
just saying

03-08-13, 3:35 PM

OMG this is unbelievable, Anemone and Dominic get a passionate kiss together when Renton and Eureka haven't even kissed yet.
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

They've had half a dozen opportunities to kiss, but still haven't. I know it's probably being saved for episode 50. It better happen then.

Don't get me wrong. I loved this episode 5/5 and enjoyed just about every episode.

03-28-13, 6:24 PM

Fuck Dominic and Anemone. Those two looneys deserve each other. It was pretty ridiculous how The End suddenly changed color and started doing its own thing all benevolent like. Nirvash would go against Renton and Eureka's commands when they were doing something wrong so why has The End been A-ok with everything Anemone has done especially since she's been doing it reluctantly for quite some time? Her pet grabbing their hands together was cute though.

I'm assuming that Nirvash will use the remnants of The End and fuse together or something....

05-09-13, 4:13 PM

Finally Anemone and Dominic are together!

07-24-13, 12:09 AM

Amon-Raw said:
Osaka117 said:

Actually didn't she have the hots for Dewey? I agree though it did feel pretty corny to see her do such a big 180.
Member of the Anime Discussion Club

07-28-13, 3:33 AM

So happy. This ep made me smile a thousand smiles. My boy Dominic finally got his break. Gonna get laaaaiidd.
Slaine did nothing wrong.

07-28-13, 6:28 PM

Same here DaWizard, my favorite episode, love that entire part with Anemone and Dominic!

xAvengerx said:
Amon-Raw said:
Osaka117 said:

Actually didn't she have the hots for Dewey? I agree though it did feel pretty corny to see her do such a big 180.

Nope she didn't, even though it did appear that she cared about him and respected him at first at the beginning of the show. Listen to Anemone's song from earlier, "No one knows nothing, knows nothing about me. Everyone is watching, just watching a lie." about how she's living a lie and it's an act, probably tied to the need to be useful so as not to be thrown away, disposed of and replaced (which is what Dewey intended to do due to her failures against Gekkostate but none of the replacements survived the process, which Dominic and the others witnessed, leaving Anemone still the only one to ever survive). She completely despises him (the moment at the end of the dance also reveals this).
Modified by DangerMouseDM, 07-28-13, 6:49 PM

08-05-13, 1:55 PM

opiumJ said:

Although - how sad a line was that: "If... I can live on, I'll go and buy a small mirror somewhere and practice smiling".

Very. I started crying when she said that. Although she seemed pretty much like a crazy bitch for most of the time she had on screen, this episode made me understand her more, because she had tons of regret ;_;
Tsunade14 said:
One of my favorite anime couples!! I think they're more interesting then Eureka and Renton.

Dominic x Anemone is my favorite couple, along with Holland x Talho. Eureka and Renton...they're cute, I guess, but far less interesting than the other two three couples in the series (Ray and Charles ;)) Gulliver was adorable, helping them in the air. I love the way Dominic confessed, and then Anemone kissed his forehead. He's so cute! Aside from the lovely romance scenes, I gotta say, I laughed a little too hard when The End became white all of the sudden. That was cheesy...but it was still sad the way it sacrificed itself to protect the two.

09-18-13, 1:40 PM

Was the episode cheesy? Of course! Was it emotional and moving? OH YES. ;-;
Powerful eyebrows.

10-19-13, 12:17 AM

This was the best episode of Eureka 7.
Dominic and Anemone made me enjoy this anime.

02-16-14, 9:01 AM

This was a very moving episode, i was in tears when Dominic and Anemone were calling to eachother.

Also when Anemone pet thing grabbed both of them and put their hands together that was very cute.

When he said "I love you!" and she quickly kissed him, omg.

04-26-14, 9:33 AM

Everybody cried. I wanted to as well, but it was just too cheesy for my taste, I guess..

05-10-14, 6:03 PM

Easily one of (if not) the best episode so far.

Dominic and Anemone should have been the main couple.They even kissed before the main couple...

Found it cute how the chubby animal thing join their hand together as they were falling.

06-24-14, 2:48 AM

That was a great episode. My favorite ship finally came! Who cares if the universe tears apart, at least Anemone & Dominic confessed theirs feelings T_T

lol now that I've seen him so much, I realized Gulliver looks like something pulled from Studio Ghibli, like from the Totoro film or something. He's pretty cool.

07-06-14, 11:39 AM

Im happy for dominic and anemone though that "falling from the sky" thing is a tad cheesy.

So earth is inside the scub coral? then how is the sun shining on earth? and I though the trapar is too thin on earth then how are they riding it?

#DeweysBigRedButton

07-21-14, 1:30 AM

How many times have I thought 'this episode is the best so far'.

It was really sad watching Anemone.. so happy for Domic and Anemone.. plus the ksis scene.. just so touching !!
When will it ever be Eureka and Renton's turn ?

Oh no.. everything is blown up. How will this end ??

07-22-14, 7:48 AM

When The End changed its color, I realized they never explained where the military got The End and why it's so powerful. Will remain one of the many mysteries of the universe I guess. But yay for Dominic and Anemone! We should all be grateful Dewey's an idiot for not making sure Anemone injected the meds :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

08-13-14, 8:36 PM

Uh, I feel like I skipped a few episodes forward....since when did Amenone like Dominic? That's been an extremely one sided thing forthe entire series, so this was very random and sudden ( now that I think of it, Eureka's switch from a commander Data type emotionless figure to a swooning Julliet was also whiplash inducing).

That said I didn't mind this episode, sometimes the cheesy love scene works because you were rooting for it and thought the characters involved deserved it. I actually like Dominic better than Renton, so I'm all for dude getting his.

08-20-14, 3:24 PM

Damn that scene with Anemone and Dominic! Really epic episode, these last few episodes are just damn impressive, what love can do right!

10-18-14, 12:05 AM

Beautiful episode....so much emotions .... that's how you convey your feelings .... SHoutout to Dominic and Anemone

12-17-14, 1:30 PM

Confessing while falling from the sky, neat. Damn, just when theLfo was changing he died protecting Dominic and Anemone. Nivarsh stay hanging¡!
too derpy yo'

01-24-15, 6:13 PM

Wow I was crying the moments with Dominic and Anemone were so sad and touching. 2 episodes left :(

02-07-15, 10:19 AM

The End... Anemone... Dominic... Quite the emotive episode :'(
At least, Anemone and Dominic have been able to make it out alive. As sad as it is and even if the End was an ultimate badass, his destroyal turn a page on Anemone history. She's liberated from the chains Dewey had put on her. They also make a really cute couple. He should be careful though, she have shown to be a mix of tsundere and yandere. That's pretty damn dangerous.

Now, the big question : was the Scab Coral destroyed? If so, all their effort will have been vain... Adrock and Dianne paradise will have vanished. It would be awful :/

Dewey is retarded. What is the point of putting a massive defense line if you don't give a shit when the enemy sneak past? How did that guy became a colonel, I don't even...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

04-27-15, 12:34 PM

DangerMouseDM said:
Same here DaWizard, my favorite episode, love that entire part with Anemone and Dominic!

xAvengerx said:
Amon-Raw said:
Osaka117 said:

Nope she didn't, even though it did appear that she cared about him and respected him at first at the beginning of the show. Listen to Anemone's song from earlier, "No one knows nothing, knows nothing about me. Everyone is watching, just watching a lie." about how she's living a lie and it's an act, probably tied to the need to be useful so as not to be thrown away, disposed of and replaced (which is what Dewey intended to do due to her failures against Gekkostate but none of the replacements survived the process, which Dominic and the others witnessed, leaving Anemone still the only one to ever survive). She completely despises him (the moment at the end of the dance also reveals this).

In addition to this, Anemone's hatred and fear of Dewey can be seen pretty early on in the show, that is if you pay close attention to the way she acts (which can be a little difficult to do in an entire watch through of the show with how far apart her small scenes are spaced). For example, look at the episode in which she pins Dominic against a wall (forgive me for failing to recall the episode number), she says, fearfully, something among the lines of, "Dewey's going to kill us." Though it isn't quite as obvious during a first time watching of Eureka Seven, once being aware of this fact as it is revealed close to the end of the series, it is can be easier to see that Anemone was simply putting on an act all along.

And regarding the sudden and "crappy" 180 Anemone seemed to have taken; as I said before, through the eyes as someone who is watching Eureka Seven for the first time, this can seem to be the case. However, if you look a bit closer, a well founded theory which says that she's been in love with him all along can seem to be a bit more true. According to the manga, Dominic and Anemone have known one another since they were kids (I know that the manga and the anime have only a few similarities, just stay with me) as orphans of Warsaw, both adopted by Dewey and being raised to be soldiers. As I said, this is only canon to the manga, so everything may not hold up for the anime until I mention the fourth anime ending, which features a slide show of the aftermath of the Warsaw incident (the result of ethnic cleansing during a civil war which occurred prior to the series' beginning). In this, we see both a picture of a young Dominic (likely having just lost his family as he mentions to Captain Jurgens in episode 44), and a young Anemone, who stands amongst the rubble of a demolished building with Gulliver. While I am not saying that this is written in stone, this may suggest that she and Dominic could've known one another before the show began (besides, Dominic announces his love for Anemone only two episodes after her debut; if he just met her, there's no way he could be so willing to out his life on the line for her unless he's known her longer). Sadly, this is pretty much the only evidence we have, and therefore the theory doesn't hold up as much as it could've. Personally, I find this to be a shame simply because if the anime combined some of the elements the manga had regarding their relationship, their story probably would've made the best in the entire series.
Modified by Merfond_Librodec, 04-27-15, 2:29 PM
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16(KJV)

Pages (2) 0.4 [1.4]