Forum Settings
Forums

Three Movies of Madoka Magica Announced [Confirmed]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2011 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
Good thing the original troll topic was locked.^^

Let's hope it will have high-quality animation like the series and most of all Yuki Kajiura.
Nov 7, 2011 9:58 AM

Jun 2008
Isn't that a bit too quickly happening? It's pretty popular, but still...
Nov 7, 2011 9:59 AM

Aug 2011
daniellkun said:
draker said:
Bullshit. If you really loved the series, you wouldn't want more.

I'm so with this.

I'm not. When I like a show, I want MORE, I don't want it to stop...

Makes no sense.
Nov 7, 2011 9:59 AM

Jul 2009
hmm...might be a troll...hmm...not sure if want though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2011 10:03 AM

May 2007
Redcrimson19 said:

It's up on ANN now. Seems legit.

If you actually read the article you'll notice that both ANN and dtshyk are citing the same source, the Newtype cover scan. Most ANN news are copypasta and rewriting/translating news other people wrote about, so why they openly call themselves the "internet’s most trusted anime news source" is beyond me. Ah, and by the way, they already updated the page stating that the news they released is probably fake.

Seriously, I can't understand by the life of me why some people believe that ANN is a kind of "reliable source" and everything ANN says is regarded as "official" and "unquestionable" when they have such a bitter and cynical approach to anime. How can people trust a site that wants to present itself as the the New York Times or Wall Street Journal of anime when in its articles and reviews they openly and disgustedly mock the trends in anime, Akiba-kei culture, and anime fans? How can a site like that gain any credibility, for God's sake?
Nov 7, 2011 10:08 AM

Jun 2010
=0
Nov 7, 2011 10:09 AM

Apr 2010
NeoFireHawk said:
Redcrimson19 said:

If you actually read the article you'll notice that both ANN and dtshyk are citing the same source, the Newtype cover scan. Most ANN news are copypasta and rewriting/translating news other people wrote about, so why they openly call themselves the "internet’s most trusted anime news source" is beyond me. Ah, and by the way, they already updated the page stating that the news they released is probably fake.

Seriously, I can't understand by the life of me why some people believe that ANN is a kind of "reliable source" and everything ANN says is regarded as "official" and "unquestionable" when they have such a bitter and cynical approach to anime. How can people trust a site that wants to present itself as the the New York Times or Wall Street Journal of anime when in its articles and reviews they openly and disgustedly mock the trends in anime, Akiba-kei culture, and anime fans? How can a site like that gain any credibility, for God's sake?

The thing is that ANN is much more informing.

You mad?
Nov 7, 2011 10:14 AM

Jan 2010
I hope it's the "The end of Madoka Magica" and not a recap.

Well but the true is I don't know where they will pick up, maybe a prequel to the series would be interesting imo.
MeadosNov 7, 2011 10:18 AM
Nov 7, 2011 10:16 AM

May 2011
I'm looking foreword to this.
Nov 7, 2011 10:16 AM

Mar 2008
Tiago97 said:
daniellkun said:
draker said:

I'm so with this.

Makes no sense.

Makes no sense to me either, but it's not like I cant understand them either. People that don't want more probably believe that Madoka had a satisfactory ending and if they added more they're afraid that it won't live up to their expectations which would supposedly make them dislike the series. For me, no matter how bad any additional material could become, it wouldn't change my love for the original 12 episodes. And as someone that continually throws money at them, I honestly don't mind if they plan to milk the series. If anything, I paid for the series to show my support for them in hopes that I will get more.

Nov 7, 2011 10:21 AM

Jun 2008
Tiago97 said:

Makes no sense.

That's what people ALWAYS say, but if the sequel is crap, then they start regretting it.

For some of the people here that say that sequels don't ruin the original.....they are right AND wrong.

Although a sequel can NEVER technically ruin the original, it can damage the reputation and the series, and more than that, when producers start doing this only because it makes money....it becomes cheap.

It's like saying I want a sequel to Death Note, sure I would love to see more....but more than likely the sequel will NEVER be better than the original and it can damage the reputation of the series.

Hollywood for example are PROS at damaging the reputations of beloved original movies e.g (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Matrix, etc.)
Nov 7, 2011 10:21 AM

Jan 2011
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
Tiago97 said:
daniellkun said:
draker said:

I'm so with this.

Makes no sense.

Makes no sense to me either, but it's not like I cant understand them either. People that don't want more probably believe that Madoka had a satisfactory ending and if they added more they're afraid that it won't live up to their expectations which would supposedly make them dislike the series. For me, no matter how bad any additional material could become, it wouldn't change my love for the original 12 episodes. And as someone that continually throws money at them, I honestly don't mind if they plan to milk the series. If anything, I paid for the series to show my support for them in hopes that I will get more.

^ Yes.
It's not like I don't want more, but we don't need more, see? The ending was satisfactory enough, at least I don't have more questions about Madoka plot. But of course, that doesn't apply for everyone.

Well, It's no problem for more, more Madoka, more happiness, simple as that.
Nov 7, 2011 10:23 AM

Jul 2010
People found Homura running off with QB to fight demons that weren't mentioned once the whole season, a satisfactory ending?

Huh... maybe I'm remembering it wrong cause I found that kind of weird myself.
Nov 7, 2011 10:27 AM
Mar 2010
So a movie is the next project then i wonder what it'll be about.
Nov 7, 2011 10:28 AM

Jun 2008
I'm not sure about this. Even though ANN said that the real cover is really nanoha [https://twitter.com/#!/HMV_Anime/status/133553131391950848]
they still haven't retracted the news so, I'm not still sure if its real or not.

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
Nov 7, 2011 10:33 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder who is Urobuchi going to rip-off this time, Key? Ryukishi07? Overflow?
Hope this news is just troll.
Nov 7, 2011 10:34 AM

Jun 2008
Another news. [先程つぶやきました『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』劇場版の可能性につきまして、現時点では確証の無い情報を拡散してしまったことを深くお詫び申し上げます。 #madoka_magica]

https://twitter.com/#!/HMV_Anime/status/133581585265065984

Nov 7, 2011 10:36 AM

Jun 2008
jmal said:
Redcrimson19 said:
jmal said:
You could remove it if/when it's confirmed.

Are you implying ANN posting something in any way increases its legitimacy?

ANN is finding out if they are going to retract it or not but its seems not because of the possibility of madoka magica film.

Nov 7, 2011 10:38 AM

Jun 2010
..This thread is amusing....hehehe
Nov 7, 2011 10:39 AM

Aug 2011
Well, to everyone that replied, the ending wasn't satisfactory enough for me,
so perhaps this is why I want moar.

Everytime I hear an anime I liked is announce to get a sequel, I stay happy for the rest of the day I'm informed.

People this days just seem to rage over animu they loved getting sequels.
Nov 7, 2011 10:41 AM

Jan 2011
Homestuck said:
People found Homura running off with QB to fight demons that weren't mentioned once the whole season, a satisfactory ending?

Please re-watch the last episode.
Nov 7, 2011 10:43 AM

Jun 2008
Tiago97 said:

I don't mind sequels to anime that are NOT finished....

Fore example I would LOVE a sequel to Claymore, FMP, Lucky Star, The world god only knows, and many others!

HOWEVER.....Madoka is FINISHED, in my opinion we don't need anymore.....just like Death Note, Code Geass, TTGL are finished they don't need anymore.
Nov 7, 2011 10:45 AM

Jun 2008
JustALEX said:
Tiago97 said:

Fore example I would LOVE a sequel to Claymore, FMP, Lucky Star, The world god only knows, and many others!

HOWEVER.....Madoka is FINISHED, in my opinion we don't need anymore.....just like Death Note, Code Geass, TTGL are finished they don't need anymore.

I want to say that too but we're talking about GEN UROBUCHI.. So if ever, I'm wishing that he is the one will be able to make me believe that even though the anime ended already, he may be able to slip a chance.

Nov 7, 2011 10:46 AM

Aug 2011
JustALEX said:

Well, Claymore IS finished, they just decided to to an alternative ending :P

Here's a rare example of a very good FINISHED anime that has some kind of sequel that is even better: FullMetal Alchemist.
The same could happen to any other show, they just need very much work put in 'em.
Nov 7, 2011 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
Tiago97 said:
JustALEX said:

Here's a rare example of a very good FINISHED anime that has some kind of sequel that is even better: FullMetal Alchemist.
The same could happen to any other show, they just need very much work put in 'em.

alternate endings are so-so FTW

Nov 7, 2011 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
another news regarding the the announcement: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-5111.html

Nov 7, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2008
Tiago97 said:

The original Claymore anime is an adaptation from the manga, they later diverged from the manga and gave the anime an "Anime-only ending". The manga is NOT finished and therefore the anime can still use some of that material.

the Original FMA is the same thing, they did NOT follow the manga and then they REMADE the series....it technically was NOT a sequel but a REMAKE!
Nov 7, 2011 10:52 AM

Jul 2010
daniellkun said:
Homestuck said:

Please re-watch the last episode.

Fair enough. I dun remember much of it. Prolly could use a re-watch anyways.
Nov 7, 2011 10:53 AM

Jan 2011
Tiago97 said:
JustALEX said:

I have to agree with this. I can't compare the first FMA with Brotherhood, but they did a good job, especially with the film, witch I really enjoyed.

I would love a sequel to Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai, more girls and more Keima's conquering tips XD.
Nov 7, 2011 10:53 AM

Aug 2011
JustALEX said:
The original Claymore anime is an adaptation from the manga, they later diverged from the manga and gave the anime an "Anime-only ending". The manga is NOT finished and therefore the anime can still use some of that material.

the Original FMA is the same thing, they did NOT follow the manga and then they REMADE the series....it technically was NOT a sequel but a REMAKE!

But it still wasn't announced what the movie is gonna be, so you'll never know untill it is!

For now, have faith :P
Nov 7, 2011 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
YES
Nov 7, 2011 11:00 AM

Jan 2010
Don't think I want.. the series concluded reasonably. :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2011 11:29 AM

Feb 2010
I do not care what it is. TAKE MY MONEY.
Nov 7, 2011 11:32 AM

Oct 2007
Almost every anime gets a movie adaption nowadays. Not that I'm complaining. x)
Nov 7, 2011 11:33 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, I'm not sure why everyone's in an uproar over this. I nearly pissed myself when I heard of this.

Seriously, they haven't release any detail yet! They haven't said it's gonna be a sequel, prequel, spin-off, retelling, or anything. Hell, it hasn't even been fully confirmed yet. You people should stop jumping to conclusions.

As for me, I'm fine either way. I'd prefer a prequel or spin-off, but if they feel that a sequel could work, then perhaps it can, we'll just have to wait and see. I just hope it's not a recap.
Nov 7, 2011 11:35 AM

Oct 2009
Hopefully this will be confirmed soon.
Don't want to get hopes up for nothing.
Nov 7, 2011 11:48 AM

Sep 2010
Madoka sure is heavily overrated. It wasn't bad, but seriously, not even in my top 10 this year. Though I won't say it was utter shit, it did have it good part, only a lame and predictable ending.

If it'll be a retelling, I hope they'll do it better, though I won't watch it.
If it's something new, again I hope it'll be better, and I'll watch it out of curiousity.

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Nov 7, 2011 12:01 PM

Jan 2011
Merushi said:
Madoka sure is heavily overrated. It wasn't bad, but seriously, not even in my top 10 this year.

"I don't like Madoka much as others do, so it makes no sense it's so popular." FTFY.
Nov 7, 2011 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
JustALEX said:
Tiago97 said:
Heh, can't hurt the original.
OF COURSE IT CAN!

I don't understand why EVERY FUCKING popular anime is now getting a movie....well actually I do understand....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DO NOT WANT.....there's NOTHING the movie can do that will help the series, the 12 original episodes are fine the way it was.

I'm just hoping it's a shortened version of the series into a 2 hour movie and GOD FORBID it's a horrible sequel :(

draker said:
^This Exactly

na it can make it better it was rather crappy
Nov 7, 2011 12:16 PM

Aug 2011
daniellkun said:
Merushi said:
Madoka sure is heavily overrated. It wasn't bad, but seriously, not even in my top 10 this year.

"I don't like Madoka much as others do, so it makes no sense it's so popular." FTFY.

I disagree with this. I know someone who loves Madoka to the end of this world and still is able to say it is overrated. Face it, it doesn't deserve to be on the top 22 between 6000+ anime.

But, then again, who am I to judge it?
Nov 7, 2011 12:19 PM
Mar 2008
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:

and no i don't think you can say that, i would like to see more original material or some thing to do with it because i felt it was a bit to short (i say that about every 12 ep anime)

ares5566 said:

How does that make any sense at all it's being made by the same team so they're definitely capable of pulling off something good whatever it may be.

Madoka is well concluded as it is. It doesn't need pointless sequels/remakes/retellings or whatever.
This is blatant milking.
Nov 7, 2011 12:21 PM

Aug 2011
draker said:
Madoka is well concluded as it is. It doesn't need pointless sequels/remakes/retellings or whatever.
This is blatant milking.

I like the fact that you gave an 8 and a 9 to the Evangelion movies.
Nov 7, 2011 12:26 PM

May 2009
The rumor (and the cover shown) seems to be true: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1518644#1518644

When it hits the stores, we'll know for sure.

And as long as it's not a retelling, I don't mind a movie. I don't really see why people feel the need to complain about it. No one is forcing you to watch it when it comes out.
Nov 7, 2011 12:30 PM

Mar 2010
Please, no...
Nov 7, 2011 12:40 PM

May 2011
I'd rather they not. Keep it subtle unless they know for a fact they can do more than justice to the manga/anime.
Nov 7, 2011 12:47 PM

Jul 2009
Hope it isn't a troll and high quality Mahou Shoujo never hurts.
But will it be a re-cap?

We'll see...

Nov 7, 2011 12:49 PM

Apr 2010
Tiago97 said:
daniellkun said:
Merushi said:

I disagree with this. I know someone who loves Madoka to the end of this world and still is able to say it is overrated. Face it, it doesn't deserve to be on the top 22 between 6000+ anime.

But, then again, who am I to judge it?

Exactly. Plus, since when are MAL's rating reflected by objective opinions/thoughts?
Nov 7, 2011 12:53 PM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
Waaaaaaah, a commercial product that exists in order to make money and increase profits is (if this is confirmed) was exceptionally successful and made a lot of said money, and now they're making more of it in order to make more money, waaaaaaaaah.

Some of you need a serious reality check.

huh....
Nov 7, 2011 12:55 PM

Dec 2009
Hasn't this already been confirmed to be false?

Delete the thread already (or at least update the first post).
Nov 7, 2011 12:58 PM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
Solkiskey said:
Exactly. Plus, since when are MAL's rating reflected by objective opinions/thoughts?

Since when are any ratings like this even supposed to be? Since when are personal markers of enjoyment even supposed to be objective? Trying to rank your shows objectively using any standard other than your own enjoyment is a monumental waste of time. It'll all still be based on your subjective preferences in the end. As it should be.

Exactly why I claimed that they aren't supposed to be. Nothing is supposed to be objective here.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

23 by Avery20 »»
34 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by Miragee »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.