MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 6 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hunter x Hunter (2011) »» Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 6 Discussion

Pages (7) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 6 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

79 49.69%
4 out of 5: Liked it

41 25.79%
3 out of 5: It was OK

23 14.47%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

11 6.92%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 3.14%
Voters: 159

11-06-11, 3:49 AM

The episode was enojayable, I wouldn't say it was good though it seems to be taking a really childish approach.
I don't really get why they said that this was going to be "more faithful to the manga" and they're cutting/changing things left and right, episode 5 and 6 are completely different from the manga and they pretty much cut out a whole manga chapter here (the sushi part) o_O oh well this is definitely going fast, episode 7 looks kinda boring, imo, judging from the preview.

11-06-11, 4:26 AM

Ep 7 should be Netero playing keepaway from Gon/Killua iirc.

I liked that in the original TV series at least.
Currently blogging at Chocolate Syrupy Waffles

11-06-11, 5:29 AM

Meddigo said:

it should be more than that and I'm anxious to see how they will deal with "that particular scene"

11-06-11, 5:35 AM

this is not good ---- the animators are too fucking lazy - look at their facial expressions while being chased---- the same thing happened in episode one when gon jumped to save katso

the "happy" music is getting gayer and gayer they need to remove it and never used it at all- this isn't kindergarten-- the rest of the bgm is fine

pacing is good

the extra beard on netero is fucking annoying
the way he jumped was too rushed and too "destructive" which was pretty lame' in '99 he landed perfectly :\ it just didn't feel right

Hanzo's Ninja moments were great
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

11-06-11, 6:53 AM

Aya Hirano in my HxH?
What is this I don't even...

11-06-11, 9:18 AM

"Screw the rules I have green hair" - My first thought seeing Menchi with green hair xD. But it doesn't mean I hate it :P

It's not the end of the world for me if they skipped out the Sushi (part of it was mixed with the pork), the story still made sense and the Egg getting was changed so that it was easier to explain how everyone who got an egg passed.

To me, it's still good, but I acknowledge that the music is getting old (I didn't mind it for the first 2 or 3 eps).

But I wanna mention that the things missed out from the manga are:

• Kaito
  • Mito's explanation + Gon's initial relationship with nature (AND BEAR D:)
  • Sushi

Kaito will return when relevant. Mito and Gon talk later.
We will never see sushi. That's the only thing lost forever, stop trolling >.>

11-06-11, 9:26 AM

Looks like Aya Hirano got her job back.

It was an alright episode.

11-06-11, 9:34 AM

Kaito will return when relevant.

That is a long ways away to not have information that was relevant enough to be put in the first volume of the manga.
Mito and Gon talk later.

This talk could be just as empty as it was before if the writers decide to keep with the quick, low information pacing.
We will never see sushi. That's the only thing lost forever, stop trolling

We are only 6 episodes in which gives the writers plenty more chances to cut down on information in order to save on time.

11-06-11, 9:45 AM

WHERE THE HELL is Sushi part!?
WHAT THE HECK is that updraft wind!?
Is that all for Hunter exam phase two!?
And that fan service, what!?

Ok ok enough for the rant. I Can only hope next episode will be better..
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

11-06-11, 9:59 AM

pokymon said:
Meddigo said:

it should be more than that and I'm anxious to see how they will deal with "that particular scene"

It'll be cut(lol) of course.

11-06-11, 11:27 AM

Anime_Name said:
pokymon said:
Meddigo said:

It'll be cut(lol) of course.

Dude honestly just stfu, if u don't like it then don't watch it. Just because it's about Hunter x Hunter doesn't mean u have to watch it (I only say that because people use the excuse of wanting to see the Chimera Ant Arc or because it is still Hunter x Hunter). Stuff got cut out I know but literally I think the only reason some people watch this is to nitpick at what changes. The original had stuff that wasn't in the manga, did u complain this much then to? I honestly feel this would get more appreciation if there wasn't already the previous anime. I don't care what anyone says, I have watched the old anime mutiple times and read the manga multiple times and I think this version is good but not better than the original. I'm sick of people who say they don't like this version but continue to watch just to bash it. I will continue watching and am so glad that they decided to reboot Hunter x Hunter.

11-06-11, 11:37 AM

As a big fan of the sushi test, this episode was a major disappoint. Most disappointing episode yet for me. Glad to see Menchi ready to kick Todo's butt though.

The spider-eagle test was a little lame...

"It takes courage to choose to give up." Nothing special or courageous seeing how to get and return with an egg but it did help with Todo's scene a little bit. But he looks much more like a coward since everyone already showed what to do if you weren't dumb.

Poor Hanzo. Was hoping to see if Killua might mention that Gon must be a dog for comedic laughs. Here's hoping for the fun Midnight Game. Killua looks way too ecstatic and happy in a pleasant way than I thought he would about his plans as Hunter...
Modified by Kage, 11-06-11, 11:48 AM

11-06-11, 12:27 PM

Good episode. Can't wait until next week.

11-06-11, 12:40 PM

Great episode! also looking forwards for the next one xD

11-06-11, 12:51 PM

really enjoyed this scene, not too upset about the sushi part being taken out!! the egg part was great, and nice lesson we've learnt from this episode!! (somehow, gourmet hunters just remind of toriko... :/ )

Paul said:
Looks like Aya Hirano got her job back.

LOOOL man, hirano did a great job as menchi!!! XD

11-06-11, 1:24 PM

Not going on a hate rampage, because the sushi part got cut out.
But I'd still liked to see it. It was the most fun after all (way more fun, then the pig-part enhancement).
They just should've kept the pig and egg part shorter, like in the original.

But what's with that updraft? Was it really necessary to put that in? Not that it was bad or anything. Just felt like a waste of time (sushi *cough*)

Oh and Gon doing the job for all the other applicants sucks(with the pigs AND the updraft). What the duck, seriously.

Next episode will be somewhat important. The ball-catching minigame shouldn't be bad.
But even more excited to see, what happens after that, when Killua'll bump into the two no-name applicants... :x

11-06-11, 1:28 PM

Another episode where the original is far superior.

11-06-11, 1:57 PM

Kuchenlight said:

Next episode will be somewhat important. The ball-catching minigame shouldn't be bad.
But even more excited to see, what happens after that, when Killua'll bump into the two no-name applicants... :x

Ball game will happen bumping into the two no-name applicants won't me thinks :B

11-06-11, 2:17 PM

I liked that cleavage zoom, didn't think it was necessary though.

11-06-11, 2:45 PM

Zoddguts said:
Another episode where the original is far superior.

Strongly disagree with your view. Original wasn't bad, and i really liked sushi part, but it wasn't logical. 'Make some god-knows-what kind of food and make it perfect!'... No comment. Also good thing is this episode contains most of essential material from original 9-10 eps, so it's like 2 in 1. Also a part with an egs of the Spider Eagles was done really well. So, no complains. Can't wait to see next one.=]

Pages (7) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices