Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 5, 2011 7:05 PM

Mar 2009
Simply, out of the guys, who do you think sings best? For me, the ranking would go:

1. Ichinose - 'cause it's MiyaMamo
2. Masato - SuzuKen's pretty good at controlling his voice
3. Natsuki/Satsuki
4. Ittoki
5. Syo - sounds like he's shouting, not singing
6. Ren - lacks control

List them in terms of ability, not by favourite voice. Though I think Ittoki's voice is adorable, I gotta admit he's overshadowed by like half the cast.
Nov 6, 2011 5:38 AM

Apr 2009
I second to that! Though I would probably switch Ren and Sho, as I find Junichi-san still a lot better.
Other than that you pretty nailed it.
Mamo is without doubt a very good singer, though we have to consider that his character had more singing scenes than the rest of the cast that's why Mamo got more opportunities to showcast his singing talent. Plus, he did the OP.;)
shiroi-ookamiNov 6, 2011 5:55 AM
Dec 24, 2011 6:16 PM

Jun 2011
In terms of ability hmmm....

Ichinose , Masato , Natsuki <--- these 3 sure make the difference. Can't say who's better than the other.

Then the rest of them are kinda equal too.

I don't understand that control thing about ren...
Dec 28, 2011 2:16 AM

Jan 2011
Mamo (Ichi), SuzuKen (Hijirikawa), and KishouTan (S/Natsuki) are definitely the better ones in the group, imho; however, Toriumi Kousuke (Cecil) has a great voice as well! I really like Junichi Suwabe's (Ren) voice too though.
But from all the guys, Hiro Shimono (Syo) definitely ranks the lowest on my ear radar. He just doesn't "sing" well :(
Dec 31, 2011 3:31 PM

Dec 2011
I fell in love with Taniyama Kishow's voice thanks to Natsuki/Satsuki.

So...
Natsuki/Tokiya/Masato > Cecil > Ren > Syo/Otoya

This is my rank, adding the game songs.

I think Syo's voice is slightly better than Otoya's. If you listen to the group songs he's very nice. As for Otoya he's just a kawaii voice xd
GurakoJan 3, 2012 9:18 PM
Jan 2, 2012 7:05 PM

May 2008
In terms of who has the best singing capabilities imo..I always had a list in my head.

Natsuki, Tokiya, Ren/Masato are tied for me because they seem to both have equal amounts of potential, and then Otoya and Syo.

Feb 16, 2012 12:20 PM
Aug 2011
In my opinion all six of them are singing great, although not all of them are singers. So i was listening to Mirai Chizu acapella and my ranking is:

- Tokiya Ichinose singing by Mamoru Miyano of course. He's voice ability is pretty good.

- Then i can't choose between Natsuki and Masa. They can sing, some parts are good, some parts aren't.

- Ren Jinguji or. Otoya Ittoki or. Sho Kurusu? All three of them can sing, but lack something. Maybe they should control their voices more as writen above, especially Ren and Sho, i don't know why is Otoya's voice a little bit childish? Maybe on purpose??

P.S.: Otoya+Natsuki+Tokiya singing their part together = wonderful combination. And part when Tokiya+Natsuki make a duel = wonderful melody #2.

:-))
Oct 31, 2012 12:57 AM

May 2010
Tokiya is the best>Masato>Natsuki>Ren>Ottoya>Syo
Nov 18, 2012 1:19 AM

Jun 2011
btw I found their live performance where they sign all their songs :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PhRFUlmFRA&feature=related

check it out :P
Nov 25, 2013 5:33 PM

Jul 2012
Tokiya/Natsuki > Masato > Ren > Ottoya > Syo

I love Miyano's soft voice but his vibrato sounds too weird. I like Kishou's voice too because he's very well rounded and solid but didn't get much singtime screentime and doesn't have any special moments. I don't have much to say about Suzuken's since I don't remember it particularly, but I can say it's solid as well. Junichi Suwabe's voice is really nice but half of the time, it sounds weird when singing but definitely has it's moments.
Aug 24, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2008
1. Ranmaru - 8D I have a soft spot for Tatsuhisa Suzuki. He's the only one in the cast able to sing in ANY character voice there is - I've heard him do pissed off songs (Utapri), ambiguously gay songs (Kuroshitsuji), badass songs (Crimson Empire), cute songs (Free!), and outright psychotic songs (Velvet Underworld).
2. Masato - I heard his newest song "Koi Sakura" a while ago, and I have to admit SuzuKen's singing talent went through the roof in that one. THE MERE STRENGTH.
3. Tokiya - Mamo has the most beautiful voice in the entire cast. The way his voice just moves between the pretty high-pitched notes and the lower notes is incredible.
4. Cecil - it's kind of weird how well Kousuke Toriumi sings in Cecil's voice. Then again, he's also capable of singing really well in his more wicked voices - check out "CEAT DANCER" from X.I.P. (That song is just sexy as hell. CEAT DANCER actually outdoes all of Cecil's songs.)
5. Camus - this is strange. Tomoaki Maeno used to be an average singer at best in the past, but he somehow manages to sing a lot better in his deep voice. Camus's songs and Juichi Fukutomi's song from Yowamushi Pedal are really great, and he actually keeps on tune! "Junketsunaru Ai ~Aspiration~" is great! When he sings the chorus of this song, his voice just MOVES along with the music, matching it perfectly! ~dakara omae no ai o yudanero~
6. Ren - ugh. Orange Rhapsody just blew all of Ren's other songs out of the water. Jazzy songs suit Junichi Suwabe's voice and singing ability really well.
7. Ai - his voice is incredibly beautiful. I actually think he sings better than Camus, BUT somehow I like Camus more. Maybe because Camus has better solo songs AND duets music-wise? They just suit Maenu's voice so well. Ai's songs are all really similar, while Camus has more variation.
8. Natsuki/Satsuki - Kishou Taniyama is one of the best singers I've heard yet. I want Natsuki to get ballads to sing, simply because the only part in Mirai Chizu that really stands out is when he goes "Hitori janai~". ...Natsuki's current solo songs are a bit lackluster imho.
9. Reiji - Shoutaro Morikubo is a really great singer, but I don't think Reiji's songs bring out his talent that well. He's better at rockier stuff.
10. Otoya - his songs are adorable, but you got to admit Terashi's singing ability isn't really on par with the rest of the cast.
11. Syo - ...oh Shimo-chan. You can sing better than this. ._. When he sings as Syo, his voice basically stays the same, without any variation... unlike Mamo as Tokiya whose voice just changes all the time. That, and he apparently can't end his lines on a long note at all - it just sounds as if he tries to go long and then hits a wall face-first (he's no Masaaki Endoh, that's for sure).

I'll withhold my opinion on HEAVENS (Eiichi, Kira and Nagi) until I've heard them. ...I do have to say I'm not sure why Eiichi's voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa. His songs are either really good or completely atrocious - his talent fluctuates all the time.

...I really want Satoshi Hino in Utapri. His deeper, more stoic singing voice is incredibly hot and his singing talent has been growing these past few years. ...Seriously. "MYOGA sings WINGS TO FLY", "Femme Fatale" and "Zetsubou no Banka" from Kiniro no Corda 3. Incredible voice. Just sayin'. (I can't wait until Haikyuu character songs, I want one from Daichi so bad now!)
BeldariusAug 24, 2014 11:11 AM
"Everything is idiocy if you choose to look at it in the proper light." -Belgarath, Pawn of Prophecy (David Eddings)

My Candies:
Sep 27, 2014 2:16 PM

Aug 2013
Ren > Tokiya > Otoya > Natsuki > Masato > Syo.
Sep 27, 2014 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
Beldarius said:

11. Syo - ...oh Shimo-chan. You can sing better than this. ._. When he sings as Syo, his voice basically stays the same, without any variation... unlike Mamo as Tokiya whose voice just changes all the time. That, and he apparently can't end his lines on a long note at all - it just sounds as if he tries to go long and then hits a wall face-first (he's no Masaaki Endoh, that's for sure).

I agree. Compare Syo to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHOWiDusgQ

Which is better?
Dec 4, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2012
mayukachan said:
Tokiya/Natsuki > Masato > Ren > Ottoya > Syo

I love Miyano's soft voice but his vibrato sounds too weird. I like Kishou's voice too because he's very well rounded and solid but didn't get much singtime screentime and doesn't have any special moments. I don't have much to say about Suzuken's since I don't remember it particularly, but I can say it's solid as well. Junichi Suwabe's voice is really nice but half of the time, it sounds weird when singing but definitely has it's moments.

Whoa I wrote this a long time ago. I'll rerank.

Natsuki > Tokiya > Masato > Ren > Otoya > Cecil > Syo

Natsuki : most technique and skilled, best suited for rock singing. weakness: he only suits rock
Tokiya : best emotional singing and really special voice. weakness: vibrato like before.
Masato : most solid singing. barely any flaws but like it's not that special of a singing voice. he always gets the easy songs too >_>
Ren : best suited for his character and also very solid. all i can say is that he doesn't really show potential.
Jan 3, 2015 2:27 PM
Mar 2014
TheAwesomeHannah said:
Beldarius said:

I agree. Compare Syo to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHOWiDusgQ

Which is better?

Or
http://aalelel.tumblr.com/post/103003171745/2-jiyuu-na-sora-he-ichinose-senri-cv-shimono

and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKWSLSXoWA

I also think the songs that they give him in the anime fits his character but not to his kind of voice. Shimono-san always tries to sing forcing the voice to sound like his character and not like he would.

But Miyano-san and Taniyama-san for example, they just use their real singing voices. (plus they're singers like some others from the cast)

My top is like this:
1- Tokiya
2- Natsuki
3- Masato
4- Ren
5- Syo
6- Otoya ( i don't really like terashima's voice ^^)
Dec 4, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2014
1. Tokiya
2. Otoya
3. Natsuki
4. Ren
5. Masato
6. Syo
Oct 9, 2020 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
An old thread but I just wanna share my opinion :

1. Tokiya
2. Natsuki
3. Hijirikawa
4. Ren
5. Otoya
6. Syo
Mar 17, 2021 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
Bro, I'm not going to lie in anime this is the reason why Kishou Taniyama was once my favorite voice actor. Note: All characters have wonderful voices! That's why I can't leave this anime, lol. Their singing power crushed me.

For me, it's Natsuki / Satsuki> Tokiya> Masato> Ren> Otoya> Syo> Cecil.

Jeez, this post was even posted 10 years ago.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 20, 2011

86 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vanissa45 - Sep 24, 2011

137 by runa_niconi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Sep 10, 2011

57 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 27, 2011

83 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.