Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2012 7:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
VictimOfFate said:
Those experiments were pretty cruel by any standards.

Well believe it or not, it could have been much worse.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 8, 2012 1:09 PM

Apr 2011
rodac said:
The captain having a copy of Ray=Out in the car probably already indicates that he is ready to jump sides. We'll see if Dominic mans up and goes back to Anemone.

Interesting that the captain even reads Ray Out.
Jun 18, 2012 4:58 PM

Jan 2011
The girls weren't artificial humans, the girls were real humans made into artificial corellian. Kinda the other direction of what Sakuya and Eureka took. And as so often, war is the factor that drives progress, and the end justifies the means. Not sure if people like Dewey or that guy in the lab actually care about things about justice.

Given that they have literally now clue about the scub coral, it's a wonder they managed to get that far. For most intents and purposes, Anemone is indistinguishable from a corelian turned human.

And Eureka.. i am sure it's going to be better again soon, but it certainly doesn't look good.

And what's Renton going to do with that giant rifle? I don't think shooting an elephant will help much.
Jul 29, 2012 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
This ep sucked. Especially those stupid kids that are with Renton and Eureka. I wish they'd have never went.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Jul 29, 2012 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
This ep sucked. Especially those stupid kids that are with Renton and Eureka. I wish they'd have never went.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Oct 5, 2012 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
Nice joy division reference.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Nov 25, 2012 9:39 AM

Sep 2010
All my feels go to Dominic this episode. Now he knows more about what happened to Anemone now he can go talk to her again.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 19, 2013 9:03 AM
Jan 2010
emoureka
emourice

it's like somebody forgot to tell them emo isn't cool anymore.
Mar 8, 2013 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
Wahhh.
It doesn't look like there will be a Renton and Eureka kiss.
Everything is going south.
They should've kissed when everyone was happy.
Mar 28, 2013 11:50 AM
Feb 2008
It's cool that they're trying to develop their villains a bit more but it's kind of late. Not to mention they seem to be moving quite slowly with Renton and co. Hope they don't rush that plot thread. Domnic is still a tremendous punkass. Never liked that guy. The captain will probably help Gekkostate I'm surprised they even brought him back honestly.
Aug 2, 2013 4:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh cool, the captain read Ray=Out. Too bad Dominic is still doing nothing much...he just really wants to save Anemone but at the same time, he's unwilling to save Anemone by sacrificing another person :( And things aren't looking well for Eureka either, being away from her home planet. Sakuya and Norb couldn't have guessed that that would happen to a Coralian.
Sep 16, 2013 7:27 PM

Apr 2013
Urgh, that experiment was painful to watch.

wailofthebanshee said:
emoureka.

I think at least her emo behavior is somewhat justified here.
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 17, 2013 2:26 PM
Sep 2013
Thoses kids are so annoying at the moment..
Feb 15, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
All those poor girls, it was pretty sad to see them die.
My Candies:
Jul 20, 2014 7:59 PM

Aug 2013
Eureka gotta stop acting tough.. those girls had death flags on their heads the moment I see them. :(
Jul 22, 2014 5:40 AM

Aug 2013
I'm actually a bit thankful the kids were with them. Imagine if it was only Renton and Eureka...they'd just be bickering nonstop. The two youngest found food for them when Renton was complaining about the lack of food. Maurice complained too but remember he's a kid but I think it put things into perspective for Renton that he has to stop yelling at Eureka and take the lead because there's no one else they can rely on...and I'm glad he did when he tried to talk some sense into Eureka.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 20, 2014 9:56 AM

May 2012
A lot strange things are happening and it doesn't really look good for everyone :s but well let's see what happens next!
Feb 6, 2015 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
Uuuugh, seriously, I cringed at those experiment. They weren't bloody, but they made me incredibly unconfortable. Especially seeing them crying to death :/

I feel like the GekkoState just made a new ally. It's obvious that the commander is tired of the army bullshit. It look like Stoner idea was effective in the end...

Is Eureka morphing or something? It seems that she's transforming into a coralian, a non-humanoid one. In the end, it doesn't look good at all. It's spreading all over her body pretty quickly.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 3, 2015 10:30 AM
Apr 2014
Dominic is really similar to Holland. A tough guy facade, bloody hands that haunt him, his life dedicated to protect a human-coralian girl.
Jan 31, 2017 9:20 AM
Aug 2014
Guess I was wrong about the outcome of the ball; not sure what all that was about then. I thought Anemone was a Corellian too so we had a nature vs nurture thing and those drugs caused her to be so psychopathic.

Dominic still an ass I see, not giving the colonel a few moments of remembrance.

And Renton and Eureka have regressed to not communicating at all again. Great.
Jul 5, 2017 5:37 AM

Jul 2008
Is Dewey trying to get Dominic to rebel?

Oh and Dominic, you're an ass.
Oct 10, 2017 6:52 PM

Nov 2014
I thought Anemone wasn't the first girl to be experimented on , I had hoped she was at least the last though, it's like Dewey's trying to create a whole army of Eureka's.

Why the plastic surgery though? why do they need to look like her too? was he planning to trick Holland or something?

So Holland's rifle you think that thing has 5 or 2 bullets in there? I mean the kids weren't part of the plan so yeah.

Oct 23, 2017 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, experimenting on sick girls and ending up killing them is horrible.

All to create another Anemone, yeah, not sure I understand why they also need plastic surgery to make them look like her.

Dominic is sweet.
Aug 1, 2019 11:26 AM

Apr 2019
Hold up, they went from Japan to Africa? Nirvash is fast AF then. Dominic was kind of an ass this episode, Maurice too. Fuck Maurice btw. Poor Eureka clones, I hope that Dominic betrays Dewey soon.
Aug 31, 2019 8:59 PM
Apr 2018
these kids piss me off... they pretty much make the show unwatchable
Sep 16, 2020 7:19 AM
Mar 2019
And this is the problem with how they paced this third major arc. If you are to build to this "epic climax" type of narrative, then the slice of life aspects need to solely be relegated to the start of the show, too much time was wasted in this last arc in order to feel satisfied considering nearly all of the development for Dewey is forced on to the audience in such a rushed manor.

tingy said:
Dominic is still doing nothing much...he just really wants to save Anemone but at the same time, he's unwilling to save Anemone by sacrificing another person :(

Yes that's exactly the point of his character; a troubled duality, the struggle between personal gains and morality. He had lacked the courage to even stand up to Aenemone herself, considering it always troubled him to inject her with the drugs. It was only until recently that he took a stance on the situation, and decided for himself that he wanted to save her. He didn't realize how hard that would actually be, as displayed in this episode.
I've really enjoyed Dominic and Aenemone's development throughout the story. I think it says a lot about the mediocrity of Renton and Eureka when two characters who got a fraction of on screen development are more intriguing than the main cast.
I really started to like his character after the episode where he met Oji-san.

Over all, with how this final arc is seeming to conclude, I can't help but feel like the direction became confused from the original concept. The slice of life aspects are really what drew me into the show, and I didn't think this show needed a 'war' arc (for lack of a better term) to tie up the story. The Rey and Charles arc was the last great arc in the story, and I think if the writers found a way to tie in Renton finding appreciation for the new "family" he's found after Ray and Charles died, would have been a satisfying conclusion to this narrative.
I really didn't NEED to know more about the Coralians, I was fine accepting that Eureka was just some strange alien girl that the protagonist fell in love with.
KidLeafSep 16, 2020 7:27 AM
Nov 13, 2020 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
The experimentation scene was fucked up!
Dec 24, 2020 8:06 AM

Jul 2017
The best parts of the episode were the sick experimentation scene as well as the Joy Division reference which was nice. I feel like a lot of this stuff could've been done a bit earlier or the show needs more episodes, either way, feels a little late for a lot to happen. Even then, the actual episode felt inconsistent for me again, moments I found good and interesting and moments I felt bored out of my mind plagued the episode again. This rewatch has been the most awkward rewatching experience I've been a part of since I have no real accurate judgement for how I'm feeling about this show, it's just a chaotic mix of both positive and negative feelings towards the show at all times.

Also seems like Eureka's turning back to a full on Coralion while on Earth, maybe the body's not able to adjust at all to the Earth's conditions so her form is changing back and abandoning the Humanoid shape? That I'll have to see on what happens with her in the upcoming episodes.
Oct 26, 2021 9:19 PM

Mar 2016
Damn, so I'm guessing Anemone, just like those 3 girls, are artificial coralians? If Eureka is a pure coralian, Anemone and the other girls are normal humans who've been genetically modified to somehow show a resemblance to coralians. I'm not sure, but the experiment done to those girls seemed to be just that.

Everything is going to shit, Dominic, Renton, Eureka, Gekkostate and even Tresor labs are all in impending doom and are currently in a degrading condition. However, above all else, Renton is out here having to babysit 3 dumbass kids which are now complaining about them getting stuck here. Yeah no surprise, you all should just be left behind ffs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.