MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Zombie Animes
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Zombie Animes

11-04-11, 5:29 PM

Hey guys, I am an enthusiastic lover of all things zombie, I've played most zombie games, watched all the zombie tv shows, almost every zombie movie (with some exceptions, like that horrible 'documentary' zombie flick) to include the B movies. Anime is a field that I am very new to, except for Dragonball series, Akira, and a little Gundam, what's on my list is about all I've seen.

Anyways, anyone know of any (good or not, doesnt matter as long as its not a 'documentary' style) zombie Anime series or movies? I've seen High School of the Dead already, so, that ones out :P

Thanks for any help you guys can give

Edit: Oh, and if you guys for whatever reason to look at my list, most everything on it that I finished, I really liked, especially Chaos;Heads and Steins Gate, if you know of anything similar to those (Crazy lead character, etc) I would love to hear about it
Modified by Gerentex, 11-04-11, 5:36 PM

11-04-11, 5:34 PM

Shikabane Hime, maybe?

11-04-11, 5:36 PM

I'll check it out, thanks Miko

11-04-11, 5:42 PM

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (didn't like it)
Sankarea (manga, but it's supposed to get an anime adaption soon as far as I know - fairly good)

Ones I'm not so sure about (haven't watched them myself):
Tokko
Zombie Loan

11-04-11, 5:49 PM

Just about most, if not all, zombie Anime are let downs with open endings.

11-04-11, 5:49 PM

Tokyo majin, does i guess, in the beggining of the series there's one episode thats zombie related. Other then that High school of the dead is the only actual zombie show i've seen.

11-04-11, 5:51 PM

red garden

11-04-11, 5:53 PM
Forum Moderator
Manga: I am a Hero

11-04-11, 5:55 PM

Thanks for the responses, Saviuz, Ephemeral Prince, notsureifsrs, and Suzune-Chan, I will check them out, and thank you for the heads-up/warning Paul

11-04-11, 6:46 PM

High School of the Dead. BEST zombie anime I have ever seen. WATCH IT! You can buy it on Amazon or watch it on Netflix online stream.
Proud supporter of the anti-piracy actions. Respect the industry, only contribute to the industry. BUY ANIME!

08-03-12, 2:36 PM

i loved highschool of the dead i never wanted it to end but i am really wanting a second season to come im crossing my fingers
but anyway if you want to see two more good animes thats not zombie but still kept me watching is
-highschool dxd
-sekirei
now those are some good ones but overall the two best i have seen is highschool of the dead and highschool dxd,sekirei kinda sucks compared to those two

08-03-12, 3:27 PM

Zombie anime: Highschool of the Dead, Kore wa Zombie desu ka?, Sankarea

If you liked Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate then I'd like you to know that there's another anime by the same people called Robotics;Notes coming out soon

03-12-14, 3:44 AM

I know this is a somewhat... late response but anyway, as unfortunate as it is there are no zombie anime in the genre of "zombie survival" or "zombie apocalypse" apart from highschool of the dead to my knowledge. There are other zombie anime that are quite good however more related to comedy or mystery. I think you'd be better looking into vampire ones if you want to keep the "post-apocalyptic" feel as there are a few in that area for vampire-related anime.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices